Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses Uploader Gets House Arrest, Will Make Anti-Piracy Ad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses Uploader Gets House Arrest, Will Make Anti-Piracy Ad  (Read 8347 times)
AC
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »

What's the point of giving this guy house arrest? That's just going to give him more time at the computer posting stuff he shouldn't. They should put him on "camping arrest" or "excercise arrest" and get him out and doing something productive with his life.

Lame that they even gave him this sentence. The whole thing smells of corporate bullshit.

Music speaks for itself these days. If it's good, we buy. If it's bad, we don't. More onus on the artists to do better and more creative work if they want our hard earned cash. All music should be free anyway, the money is in the performance.

AC

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 03:51:06 PM »

I don't see any 'remorse' in his statements AFTER he was let off the hook...I see a guy that is trying to cash in on his newfound notoriety.   An overzelous fan trying to promote the band?  Who would believe that if they saw his threat about someone stealing the songs and posting them...or the "I told you so" attitude he had at first?   He seems to be taunting GnR, with his "they definately don't want me explaining who was ultimately responsible".   Maybe it was a former manager, maybe robin...could be a squirrel that lives in Axl's gutter, the tooth fairy??? Axl himself???  The suspense is killing me...not.  Cogill was wrong, end of story, lets put this guy back in the box, where he belongs.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2009, 04:58:33 PM »

no word on a civil suit. i still haven't revealed the source of the leak, but i might if they come after me for more.

they definitely don't want me explaining who was ultimately responsible.

I think he's implying that someone at the record company or management office was responsible for the leak and they created their own problem in some way. Just my take on it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »

I don't see any 'remorse' in his statements AFTER he was let off the hook...I see a guy that is trying to cash in on his newfound notoriety.   An overzelous fan trying to promote the band?  Who would believe that if they saw his threat about someone stealing the songs and posting them...or the "I told you so" attitude he had at first?   He seems to be taunting GnR, with his "they definately don't want me explaining who was ultimately responsible".   Maybe it was a former manager, maybe robin...could be a squirrel that lives in Axl's gutter, the tooth fairy??? Axl himself???  The suspense is killing me...not.  Cogill was wrong, end of story, lets put this guy back in the box, where he belongs.
I know hes such a mitherfucking dick that just wanted to get something out of CD taking so long to come to the people!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »

I don't want him to go to jail for leaking songs, I want him to go to jail for trying to profit and get famous himself off of it.

But he didn't charge people for them did he??

Anyway, I guess it's good that he apologised. And if you think about it, there are much more evil people in the world than this guy. Wink

When u own a website, u can charge prime dollar for ad space if u have a certain amount of traffic. Using CD to gain that traffic to his website was an attempt to make it more famous and therefore get more hits and more potential revenue.

also to get his 15 minutes of fame all on the blood,sweat and tears of GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2009, 11:27:35 PM »

I don't want him to go to jail for leaking songs, I want him to go to jail for trying to profit and get famous himself off of it.

But he didn't charge people for them did he??

Anyway, I guess it's good that he apologised. And if you think about it, there are much more evil people in the world than this guy. Wink

When u own a website, u can charge prime dollar for ad space if u have a certain amount of traffic. Using CD to gain that traffic to his website was an attempt to make it more famous and therefore get more hits and more potential revenue.

also to get his 15 minutes of fame all on the blood,sweat and tears of GNR.
I know I said that too!!!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »

no word on a civil suit. i still haven't revealed the source of the leak, but i might if they come after me for more.

they definitely don't want me explaining who was ultimately responsible.

I think he's implying that someone at the record company or management office was responsible for the leak and they created their own problem in some way. Just my take on it.

He used to work for the record company and not for the management office. so, I think the label suspect.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 08:09:46 AM »

Before you publicly ridicule this guy, state first whether you had either heard or downloaded these leaks. 

I'm betting no one here can make such a claim.

I think you lost that bet.

As I've pointed out in the past, his actions hurt the band. He, and others like him, has no right to decide when GN'R should release music.

I don't understand what kind of "fans" see these guys as heroes. They fuck things up for the artists.

The same artists the fans supposedly love.

I understand the fact that all of us love to listen to GN'R's music. But I wish people would try to see the bigger picture instead of being so selfish.

It seems to me the attitude is "as long as I get to hear more leaks I don't care if the band is against it or not".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »

Who?s ultimately responsible?lol  Do you think if the FBI wanted to know that, they?d be unable to figure that out without him telling them?  Maybe I?ve just been playing in the dirt too long but it smells of set up to me.  Kevin, darling, looks to me like you?re a patsy.  You were set up for an example, who better that one of those GNR fans who?s been waiting years for the savior of rock n roll?

Is it so impossible to think that this whole thing was set up to scare people and we?ve all been had?  Impossible to think the FBI could be part of it?  Paranoia runs deep but it will keep your ass alive?lol  But you better not have those thoughts and if you do you better not say that out loud. 

On the other hand, there?s been people talking and the mighty have been falling down.  It?s fucking embarrassing that the people who are trusted with taking care of us are screwing us over and just a little agitating that they get away with it.  I think Kevin is ultimately responsible to bring this all out in the open and we?ll see who gets knocked down.  I may be paranoid but I?ll be damn if you?re going to get away with fucking with me!  Never assume I want to play the game, especially your way. 

(eer, that last little had nothing to do with any GNR games I'm involved in.  I was thinking of of something at work but you know it happens every where.)

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »

Before you publicly ridicule this guy, state first whether you had either heard or downloaded these leaks. 

Really?  Because only two people have responded thus far in this thread saying that they didn't download the leaks, and one because they didn't know how. 

Did you hear the leaks Jarmo?  And if not, was it because you received advanced previews from the band itself (since before the album Axl loved to play his music to anyone he was close with). 

I still think that 98% of the people who frequent GNR message boards downloaded the leaks, the other two are either lying or don't know how.  Anyone who actually downloaded the songs is in no position to cast judgment.  I'm not arguing whether what Cogill did was legal or even moral, but whether anyone who actually participated in the dissemination is in any position to cast stones.

So Jarmo, if you do respond to my post, please answer the questions I pose to you first.  I'd be interested to know if you had ever heard 'Prostitute' before November 23rd, when the album was released.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 12:23:17 PM »

Did you hear the leaks Jarmo?  And if not, was it because you received advanced previews from the band itself (since before the album Axl loved to play his music to anyone he was close with). 

Imagination. Ain't it great.

I didn't listen to the 2008 leaks because I figured I had heard enough leaks already, and didn't want my enjoyment of the actual album get ruined by some attention seekers.

The "it's easy for you not to listen to the leaks because you have the album" or "Axl played you all the songs" stories are a bit amusing though.

It goes hand in hand with the idea that reality often isn't as exciting as fiction.

I'd be interested to know if you had ever heard 'Prostitute' before November 23rd, when the album was released.

Only the piano part played live in 2006 and 2007.

And for that I was extremely happy on November 23rd, 2008 when I got to hear the full song as it as intended to be heard on the actual release.

Sorry to have burst your bubble.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 01:00:22 PM »

I don't know if people just aren't seeing this or what

I have no problem with the actual leak. So, I am not trying to sound like a hypocrite here cause i DL the leaks but yet I am attacking this guy

I am not attacking him for leaking the songs, I am attacking him for trying to prosper and get "famous" for leaking the songs and for trying to act like he is some GNR/internet martyr/crusader.

Its the same way I feel about tribute bands. If u want to share incredible music with fellow fans, that is fine, but don't try to make yourself bigger than the music and try to gain notoriety by doing it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 01:10:46 PM »

Whatever dude,

Anyone here who wants to attack this guy has every right so long as they themselves didn't download the songs. 

Really?  I had that shit on my ipod no more than 10 minutes after that dude posted them on his site.  I didn't have to download it from his site, because another fan downloaded them and emailed them to me before I even got a chance to go on his site.  Those leaks spread like wild fire!  
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 10:40:32 PM »

Really?  Because only two people have responded thus far in this thread saying that they didn't download the leaks, and one because they didn't know how. 

I still think that 98% of the people who frequent GNR message boards downloaded the leaks, the other two are either lying or don't know how.  Anyone who actually downloaded the songs is in no position to cast judgment.  I'm not arguing whether what Cogill did was legal or even moral, but whether anyone who actually participated in the dissemination is in any position to cast stones.

So Jarmo, if you do respond to my post, please answer the questions I pose to you first.  I'd be interested to know if you had ever heard 'Prostitute' before November 23rd, when the album was released.

Cheers,

Andrew

I can honest ly say as before I didnt want to listen to CD till Axl had officaly finished it becouse I had a feeling the leaks wouldnt be good and its not fair to our GN'R I think the people who did listen to the leaks are wrong but theres nothing I can do about it and no one else here can either so stop living in the past and more of the future and the next time someone has leaks to your favorate band that you love report them instead of listening to it next time I will report the site if they try that shit again!!!

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 11:15:42 PM »

Is the commercial going to air on television?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2009, 11:22:40 PM »

Is the commercial going to air on television?
I dont see why not the fucking FBI went after him I think it will be on TV.

thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2009, 03:00:50 AM »

As I've pointed out in the past, his actions hurt the band. He, and others like him, has no right to decide when GN'R should release music.

I don't understand what kind of "fans" see these guys as heroes. They fuck things up for the artists.

The same artists the fans supposedly love.

I understand the fact that all of us love to listen to GN'R's music. But I wish people would try to see the bigger picture instead of being so selfish.

It seems to me the attitude is "as long as I get to hear more leaks I don't care if the band is against it or not".

/jarmo

I don't think you would have seen the hero worshiping that took place if at the time of the leaks people knew the album was coming out.  Fans were excited because many didn't think CD would ever come out. 

As for it hurting established artists...that is very debatable.  ACDC for examples was the number one stolen album of 2008 and it has sold over 8 million copies.  I agree that it does hurt bands that are on small labels.  Don't get me wrong I am not for or promoting downloading music illegally off the web.  Only that record companies want to blame everything on illegal downloads.  While it is a factor it is only one of many.

CD did not sell because there was ZERO promotion.  There was no Music video, no press tour, and no tour for the fans.  I am not blaming Axl or GnR for this.  I haver ZERO idea of why there was no promotion nor does it matter.  It comes down to if you don't promote the product the product will not sell. 

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:04:57 AM by thesloth » Logged
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009, 06:06:09 AM »

D- I usually agree with you ,but you can't possibly think this guy was trying to make money off of the leaks. He knew with certainty the tracks would be pulled and that increased traffic from the few wacky,hardcore GNR message board fans was not going to be enough for his site to all of a sudden become a cash cow. If anything ,to make money he could have sold the tracks to that elite,subculture of GNR hoarders who are still out there.

Anyone who thinks he should serve jail time needs to examine their priorities. US jails are overcrowded as it is and now you wanna put a guy in jail for leaking songs? Wow.

I think that the most interesting part of the story will be when we find out who he got the tracks from.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009, 11:17:25 AM »

I think that the most interesting part of the story will be when we find out who he got the tracks from.

It was Baz.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »

It was Baz.

isn't it like me saying it was smfs?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: