Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Michael Jackson Dead
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dead  (Read 58951 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2009, 07:53:56 PM »

My thoughts exactly, the poor children will be the victoms now.  Hopefully grammy and grampa will do a good job of keeping them away from those horrid people.  It's all you can hope for.

Sadly, we know what kind of "parent" 'grampa' was with his own children.  And 'grammy' is still with him so that doesn't say too much for her parenting skills IMO.

We can only pray that someone steps up to the plate and fights for the rights and protection on behalf of Michael's children.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »

My thoughts exactly, the poor children will be the victoms now.  Hopefully grammy and grampa will do a good job of keeping them away from those horrid people.  It's all you can hope for.

Sadly, we know what kind of "parent" 'grampa' was with his own children.  And 'grammy' is still with him so that doesn't say too much for her parenting skills IMO.

We can only pray that someone steps up to the plate and fights for the rights and protection on behalf of Michael's children.
While they are still married, Michael's parents live in separate residences.  Joe in Vegas, Catherine in LA.  At least that's what I heard on CNN tonight.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2009, 11:08:39 PM »

I bet you all that Thriller will top the Billboard charts when it comes out later this week.
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/michael-jackson-poised-to-make-billboard-1003988531.story

Michael Jackson Poised To Make Billboard Chart History, Again

June 27, 2009 11:50 AM ET

Keith Caulfield, L.A.
Next week, Michael Jackson will once again make music history as many of his albums are poised to shake up the Billboard charts with incredible sales increases.

The impact of Jackson's passing was felt immediately in the marketplace. Industry sources report that the demand for Jackson's albums were so high, many brick and mortar retailers simply ran out of whatever Jackson stock they had on hand on Thursday (25) night.

Michael Jackson 1958-2009

The albums with the greatest sales increases -- at least on the physical side of things -- look to be his greatest hits packages "Number Ones" and "The Essential Michael Jackson" along with the expanded reissue of "Thriller." The sets, released between 2003 and 2008, were the three Jackson albums that perhaps had the most stock available in stores.

In the digital realm, where the supply problem doesn't exist, Jackson's songs and albums swarmed the top of the constantly-updating best sellers lists in both the iTunes' and Amazon's online music stores. At one point on Friday in the iTunes Store, nine out of the top 10-selling albums and 40 of the top 100-selling songs were by Jackson.

The three aforementioned albums, along with Jackson's classic studio sets "Off the Wall," "Bad" and "Dangerous" all will likely zoom into the upper region of Billboard's Top Pop Catalog Albums chart next week. Initial reports of Jackson's album sales from Thursday alone indicate that one of his albums -- possibly "Number Ones" -- will easily fly to No. 1 on the chart next week. Last week, the set -- which also was his top-selling album of the week -- was at No. 20 on the Catalog chart with 4,000 sold.

To compare, last week's No. 1 on the Catalog chart was TobyMac's "Portable Sounds" with 9,000 copies sold. Sources say that at least one of Jackson's albums sold more than double that amount just on Thursday.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:10:30 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2009, 12:47:07 AM »

yes he went to court in 1993 i think, he then counteratacked suing for extorsion, but when the jury dissmised his claims then he agreed to pay money to the boy, i think he understood then that he was in a very high risk of lossing the case.

then again in 2005 he was charged, in that trial, was when he was accused of maturbating a 13 year old boy two times and performing oral sex to a 13 years old boy. for what i remembered there where various witnesses saying that they saw this things (employees from neverland) but he was found none guilty of the nine charges, including giving wine to minors.

i dont know what really happen, the thing was that Michael liked to be around boys, obviously somone can try to make a case of this and take an oportunity to gain some money. this in my opinion was clearly what happened in 1993, he says he didnt do anything wrong, but he agreed to pay the money, probably because the evidence against him was strong, not nessearily because he had done something wrong but because his behavior seemed abnormal.

so who knows what really happened.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2009, 12:53:11 AM »

Well said, I forgot about Michael's own past.  It doesn't seem to me the biological mom would be the perfect fit either.  Possibly the nanny they have spent their lives with, as I would think it would be a already established relationship, a comfort to the children, and if anything it would be her who would know the most in regards to Michaels desires in regards to raising his children.  Just a thought.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2009, 02:36:54 AM »

Plus his lawyers and advisers obviously made him take the deal. Think about people that are real conservative and shit and u trying to make them believe a grown man hanging around kids is normal. For Jackson, I believe him just because of his personality etc. It would be extremely weird for anybody else and I am sure he knew there was no way he could win against an innocent looking little kid.

If u heard stuff on that last family though. they were obvious con artists.

MJ supported them and stuff, but once the kid got better, I'd say Jackson wanted them to kindly get the fuck out and they probably missed the perks they received being with him so they did the claim.

If MJ had molested the boy, the kid's mom should've been locked up also.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »

I bet you all that Thriller will top the Billboard charts when it comes out later this week.
Simply an amazing accomplishment, shows what a huge icon he was and will continue to be.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8659

Michael Jackson Chartwatch
by Paul Cashmere - June 30 2009

Michael Jackson will hold down the top 3 spots on the Billboard chart this week.

?The Essential Michael Jackson?, ?Number Ones? and ?Thriller? are expected to make up the top 3 spots when the chart is released later this week.

Outside of the top 10, ?Off The Wall? is tracking well for a top 20 position, while ?Bad? and ?Dangerous? will be in the Top 30.

Stores have reported sales of Jackson albums not seen since the death of John Lennon. Lennon?s murder in 1980 prompted fans to stock up on holes in their collection and the Jackson death is having a similar impact at retail.

In the USA, iTunes has 5 Michael Jackson albums in the top 10.

The Essential Michael Jackson (1)
Number Ones (2)
Thriller (3)
Off The Wall (4)
Thriller 25th Anniversary (10)

The iTunes singles chart features

Man In The Mirror (1)
The Way You Make Me Feel (4)
Billie Jean (5)
Black Or White (7)
Smooth Criminal (Cool
Don?t Stop Til You Get Enough (10)

Meanwhile at Amazon.com, Michael Jackson owns the Top 10:

Thriller 25th Anniversary (1)
Off The Wall (2)
Bad (3)
The Ultimate Collection (4)
Number Ones (5)
Dangerous (6)
The Essential Michael Jackson (Cool
History Vol 1 (9)
Invincible (10)

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2009, 08:10:03 AM »

A nice gesture, but it obviously wouldn't be the same

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8658

Michael Jackson This Is It To Become A Tribute Show
by Paul Cashmere - June 30 2009

The organisers of the Michael Jackson `This Is It` tour now plan to put on a tribute concert featuring the planned setlist that they should would have had had it gone ahead.

An announcement about the show is expected soon with September the likely timing for the event.

It is still early stages as the guests would have to agree to perform and then rehearse for the show.

Jackson was only three weeks away from beginning ?This Is It? in London. 50 shows had sold out taking the event through until March 2010. The plan was then to tour the world.

The show will not necessarily take place in London. The most likely scenario is that it will happen in Los Angeles.

Meanwhile, Undercover has learned that the night before Michael died he did a complete dress rehearsal of the show that was filmed.

Footage of the rehearsal is said to be excellent quality.

Jackson had been rehearsing the complete performance at The Staples Center in Los Angeles.

It is common practice for a major show to be completely dress rehearsed, sometimes up to 100 times before the first show of a tour.

We hear that a DVD and CD of the rehearsal is currently being produced and will be released soon.

This is what the ?This Is It? show would have looked like:

Billie Jean (from Thriller, 1982)
Wanna Be Startin? Somethin? (from Thriller, 1982)
Rock With You (from Off The Wall, 1979)
The Way You Make Me Feel (from Bad, 1987)
Don?t Stop ?Til You Get Enough (from Off The Wall, 1979)
I Just Can?t Stop Loving You (from Bad, 1987)
Human Nature (from Thriller, 1982)
Smooth Criminal (from Bad, 1987)
Girlfriend (from Off The Wall, 1979)
Man In The Mirror (from Bad, 1987)
Beat It (from Thriller, 1982)
One Day In Your Life (Forever Michael, 1975)
Heal The World (from Dangerous, 1991)
You Are Not Alone (from HIStory, 1995)
Remember The Time (from Dangerous, 1991)
Thriller (from Thriller, 1982)

Lorenzo
Opening Act

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »

Child Molesters are like Serial Killers

they are predators

They have a "need" to molest and fill that need inside.

2 kids accusing jackson in 20 years doesn't qualify.

IF Jackson were a molester, kids would've came out by the truck loads.

He paid off the first kid just to make it go away.

I love how people can pound their chest and talk all this shit about somebody.

Oh, because OJ got off, that means every person who gets off is somehow really guilty?  Please

When u go to trial, u risk going to prison. Why risk it if u can make it go away and also without destroying an innocent child's life by having them go through all of this?

The last kid and his family were obvious frauds.

I heard the kid from 2005, was very hesitant when answering and contradicted himself alot. Wasnt he a cancer patient recovering? Michael kindly helped out the family to improve his life. What a smack he got back in the face from that family.

All the money in the world cant save you from prision. As D pointed out above, loads of other kids would've come forward if Michael was some sort of molester. Why did the parents let their kids go to his house??

To me its obvious Michael was trying to recreate the childhood he never had thanks to his horrible, vile, distasteful father (who plugged his new business at his sons tribute night... DISGUSTING). Out of the kindness of his heart (and we have various indications of Michaels caring nature) he tried to help these kids. I beleive axl does/did the same thing? Holds parties and invites sick kids, a time for them to forgot about being sick for a while.

Michael apparently was in the minority who didnt abuse groupies. He often warned girls and took them under his wing once they were "used and abused".

People who have had a hard childhood are very sensitive to kids and want them to enjoy it unlike them.

Oh and grandpa Jackson shouldnt be let NEAR any children. Grandpa spent his time whipping his boys to make them into money machines and seeing other women while his poor wife stayed at home and reared his younger kids.

Those pictures of him on stage are really, really upsetting  Embarrassed Michael doing what he loved. Shame his beloved children never got to see their father do what he did best. RIP.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »

Rest in relative peace then I guess.
It's creepy and funny and sad and odd what death of a celebrity does to people and media alike.
Literally overnight, Jacko went from hated and ridiculed pedophile to the respected and admired entertainert he once was.
All he had to do was die.

...Not trying to ride an overly high horse here; I didn't think much of him since it became apparent his relationship to kids isn't overly healthy. Once he died I went and listened Scream and wondered how I  had forgotten to like such a kick ass song Tongue
In concusion, we are all patetic assholes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:55:48 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »

You've got a point there.

I'm old enough to have been a fan 1st time around when Thriller came out, but when he started going thru the plastic surgeries it turned me off to him. By then my musical tastes had moved on to bands such as Guns N Roses.

After Michael died, I found myself listening to Thriller the last few days and rediscovering how good it really was and how good of an artist Michael Jackson was.

In many instances, people don't appreciate an artist until they are gone.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:45:44 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »

While I think the media is hyping all this up way too much, I completely agree and its a real shame. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2009, 11:22:04 PM »

I'm old enough to have been a fan 1st time around when Thriller came out, but when he started going thru the plastic surgeries it turned me off to him. By then my musical tastes had moved on to bands such as Guns N Roses.

After Michael died, I found myself listening to Thriller the last few days and rediscovering how good it really was and how good of an artist Michael Jackson was.

Yeah I'm right there with you.  I was a huge fan of his when I was 7-10 years old in the mid to late 80's before I moved onto the rock scene.  I still appreciated him a bit when "Dangerous" came out.  I liked the handful of singles that were released from that album.  But in the last 15 years I didn't give his music much of a thought aside from playing "Thriller", "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough", "Wanna Be Starting Something" occasionally or hearing other songs or seeing videos on occasion.  But from last Thursday on I've been pretty much consumed with his catalog and am remembering why I was a fan in the first place.

kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2009, 11:44:08 PM »

Ya know, until I was about 7 years old, all I got to listen to was what my parents listened to, and then Michael Jackson's Thriller came on the scene.  It was the first time I got to have my own music, and looking back, I realize that it was what moved me into the rock scene.  I finally found my own radio station, and I really got the chance to explore my own musical tastes.  My parents were so amazed by him that they had no problem with me loving MJ. 

Then I got in high school, and I remember Black or White coming out, and the video was so cool.  I was so into GnR and other rock bands by then, but I always had love for Michael Jackson, so I listened to it, and loved it.  I have so many good memories of that time, and everytime I hear that song, they all come back. 

About a year ago, I found his CD of number one hits for $8.00 at Wal-Mart and bought it.  That's when I really introduced my own kids to him, and they too, loved it.  It was 20+ years later for some of those songs, and they still made me as excited as when I was a kid, just like I feel when I listen to AFD or Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet and New Jersey.  I even wrote a blog about my excitement on my myspace!  Now, I'm so glad that I found that CD and got the chance to rediscover why I loved him so much to begin with, and to let my kids see my excitement and hear him before he died.  When I cried watching the news coverage the night he died, they understood.

It seems that Michael Jackson was there for every stage of my life.  Without him, I don't know that I ever would have branched out at a young age and found my own connection with music.  I will never forget the way his music made me feel, or how it helped my generation unite, (for lack of a better word).  We all loved Michael Jackson.  He entertained all ages, but it felt like he was ours.  I know it's been five days since he died, but I still feel it, and it still makes me very, very sad.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:46:54 PM by kmorgan » Logged
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2009, 01:26:11 AM »

Yeah I'm right there with you.  I was a huge fan of his when I was 7-10 years old in the mid to late 80's before I moved onto the rock scene.  I still appreciated him a bit when "Dangerous" came out.  I liked the handful of singles that were released from that album.  But in the last 15 years I didn't give his music much of a thought aside from playing "Thriller", "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough", "Wanna Be Starting Something" occasionally or hearing other songs or seeing videos on occasion.  But from last Thursday on I've been pretty much consumed with his catalog and am remembering why I was a fan in the first place.

well, i think this is what happened to 90% of people, he was huge until 93-94. then his career and his albums didnt sell, the last one in 2001 was a huge flop.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2009, 02:02:23 AM »

Anyone going to his viewing?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2009, 02:51:12 AM »

well, i think this is what happened to 90% of people, he was huge until 93-94. then his career and his albums didnt sell, the last one in 2001 was a huge flop.

It's amazing he was so successful that he could have an album sell 10 million copies worldiwde and have it deemed a "huge flop".

According to Hits Daily Double and Billboard, he has the 3 best selling albums of the week... and the first time in history that a Billboard "catalog" album has outsold the #1 album on the Billboard 200 chart (which was done by all three albums). 
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2009, 03:04:27 AM »

It's amazing he was so successful that he could have an album sell 10 million copies worldiwde and have it deemed a "huge flop".

According to Hits Daily Double and Billboard, he has the 3 best selling albums of the week... and the first time in history that a Billboard "catalog" album has outsold the #1 album on the Billboard 200 chart (which was done by all three albums). 

I want to flop like Michael Jackson!  (Careerwise, I'm not trying to make a bad joke or anything.)

I hope in death he can finally help children the way he wanted to.  People might see what child abuse can do to someone, many years after the abuse has taken place.  Stupid cowards.

There's a special place in hell for Joe Jackson.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:35:37 AM by Bank of America's Bankruptcy Papers » Logged
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »

lol @ people calling selling 10 million copies a flop. Only Michael Jackson would be judged by such standards. Invincible was a good album in my opinion. Possibly his most consistant album since Thriller. I'm not talking about best songs or biggest hits, but the album as a whole was quite consistant from beginning to end with good songs. I can't say that about Dangerous or HIStory, even though I love certain songs from those albums more. Bad has some really good songs on it, but the album as a whole was never a favorite of mine.

RIP Michael. The world doesn't yet know what it has lost. We miss you. Cry

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #159 on: July 01, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »

I really liked You Rock My World from Invincible, never really listened to the rest of it.  It's a very catchy tune.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: