Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:47:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Michael Jackson Dead
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dead  (Read 58954 times)
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2009, 12:20:19 PM »

R.I.P Michael Jackson

Thanks Giant Robot...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »

I don't have any album of him but respect him as an artist. He is propably the biggest icon of pop/rock history!

Yeah, same here.

Never was a fan, but growing up in the 80s, he was the guy everybody tried to beat.

Not only sales wise. His music videos and even dance moves.

/jarmo

I would say his videos influenced GNR to up the ante with their epic videos as well... 
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »

"Bad" was my favorite song when I was a kid. I wore the shit out of that cassette tape. I remember when he performed at the halftime show of the Superbowl. I was only 6 or 7 then; I didn't know the rules of football, but I stayed up past my bedtime just so I could see Michael perform.

I cried yesterday when I turned on the T.V. and saw that he had passed away. I've been listening to his albums all this morning and I've nearly lost it again many times. He gave us some of the greatest music of all time. It doesn't matter if you're into rock, rap, pop, country, whatever . . . You can't deny the genius of Michael Jackson. "Beat It," "Billie Jean," "Thriller," "Bad," "Dirty Diana," there's so many timeless songs that guy created.

I've always defended Michael Jackson when people I knew talked shit about him. I hope that when people look back on his legacy, that they don't obsess over the personal stuff in his life, but instead focus on his amazing music. He was one of the most talented people this world has ever seen. A brilliant performer, singer, dancer, songwriter . . . The guy could do it all. No one will ever come within a thousand miles of accomplishing what Michael Jackson did in his career.

R.I.P.

Here Today . . .
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »

Grew up loving his music

He's a true legend

The world's lost one of its greatest sons

We'll never surpass him

Quick! To the bandwagon!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »

''Dangerous'' was the first CD I bought, going myself to the music store, paying and all the ritual. Its one of the best albums I've ever heard, and MJ is a part of my life since that day.

He was unique, a brilliant musician and performer, a genius. I hope to God he rests in peace, and I wish the worst things possible in this world to the sonofabitches who ruined his career and his life.

Thank you for everything, Michael. You'll live forever inside our hearts.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2009, 02:04:10 PM »

I never was a fan but definitely grew up with his music. I used to imitate his moves in dance clubs.  Smiley His death is very shocking to me because he was so young. I do hope he is at rest finally.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2009, 02:06:02 PM »

Reading people talking about what MJ meant to them kinda makes me wish there was someone with that kind of impact for this generation...

I forget who it was, but someone talking about him on the news called him "the last great pop star" or words to that effect.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »

Reading people talking about what MJ meant to them kinda makes me wish there was someone with that kind of impact for this generation...

I forget who it was, but someone talking about him on the news called him "the last great pop star" or words to that effect.

Indeed

Anyone that grew up in the 80's grew up with MJ - thats the way it was across the western world

I suppose its the same as those grewing up in the 60's with the Beatles

I had tickets to see him next month - i never ever thought he'd be well enough to do the shows, i knew he'd cancel

...but cancelling a show still left the door open....there is such a terrible finality about death

We'll never get that one last great song we all want

I think we all wanted him to recapture the glory once more - even if he then prompty retired

In the end it was a downhill slope without interuption - would have been nice to see one last 'win'
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:19:56 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2009, 02:20:26 PM »

I guess he went out on something of a high note. There were so many people wanting to see him live that he had to extend the 02 dates to 50 shows.

He was preparing for something big, not living away in seclusion somewhere.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2009, 02:55:01 PM »

He was rehersing for the tour this week - those that saw him practice said he hadnt lost a step

The doctor that was prescribing him his various chemicals has vanished

Picture emerging....

To begin with i was pretty sad by all this- now i'm pissed off too, pissed off that some quack gave an overdose to a guy who was just weeks from blowing us all away live

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Annie
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2009, 02:55:55 PM »

His life was a great American tragedy IMO. Thriller was a great albumn. I keep hearing his songs in my head today. I was truly shocked when i heard that he died. I don't think he was a pedophile, just a big kid who didn't want to grow up. I hope his kids are OK. He was so gorgeous during the THRILLER years, I'll never understand why he overdid the plastic surgery so much.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »

He was rehersing for the tour this week - those that saw him practice said he hadnt lost a step

The doctor that was prescribing him his various chemicals has vanished

Picture emerging....

To begin with i was pretty sad by all this- now i'm pissed off too, pissed off that some quack gave an overdose to a guy who was just weeks from blowing us all away live

Just to add to this post, Apparently the police have confiscated a car that was on the property with stuff in it that could be used to administer medicine. Gotta wonder if someone fucked up and is responsible for giving MJ an overdose...

*Edit: here's the 911 call that was made, http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/062609_michael_2.mp3

Kinda weird the doctor is dodging the question like that.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:10:12 PM by Grouse » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »

I thought about MJ all last night and he was the first person I thought about when I woke up, and I am still thinking about him.  Like I said before, I was never really a fan, but I watched his music videos on various channels last night, I even imitated some of his moves this morning.  (Don't laugh!  Wink)

What a sad story.  I hate the people that brought him down.  Heads will roll.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »

I was OBSESSED with Michael Jackson when I was 9 years old...I owned all his albums and knew everything you could possibly know about the guy.  Then "Use Your Illusion" and the "Black" album came out and GNR and Metallica toured together.  It was that summer that  my musical interest and focus completely shifted forever.  I have always remained a fan of Michael Jackson, he is the greatest solo artist the world will ever know(along with Elvis). 
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

RIP  Sad

True musical legend, a innovator.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2009, 05:39:14 PM »

I guess he went out on something of a high note. There were so many people wanting to see him live that he had to extend the 02 dates to 50 shows.

He was preparing for something big, not living away in seclusion somewhere.

I read that it was the management that did that and he was pissed off about that as he just wanted to do 10 ish shows there.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2009, 06:14:20 PM »

A lot of people commenting on Twitter,

saw comments by mia lillyallen and robin.

and the world mourning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8120324.stm
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »

I was OBSESSED with Michael Jackson when I was 9 years old...I owned all his albums and knew everything you could possibly know about the guy.  Then "Use Your Illusion" and the "Black" album came out and GNR and Metallica toured together.  It was that summer that  my musical interest and focus completely shifted forever.  I have always remained a fan of Michael Jackson, he is the greatest solo artist the world will ever know(along with Elvis). 
Yeah I was obsessed with Michael when I was like 7 or so, somewhere in the mid 80's.  I remember watching the "Thriller" video on VHS with my older sister and her friends.  That was some scary stuff for me being so young, but I was a huge fan from then on out.  I had his white glove with the silver beads on it.  I had a bunch of books about him and of course his tapes.  But as I grew older I veered towards the rock genre and kind of left Michael behind, though I still appreciated his work.  I was saddened to hear of his passing.  Hopefully he's at peace now.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2009, 06:53:24 PM »

The Sun is reporting his doctor shot him up with Demerol  which led to the cardiac arrest

Demerol is a pain killer kind of like Morphine.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2009, 08:07:03 PM »

I'm really really sad about Micheal! I's been a great unbelievable schock.

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: