Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:07:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Michael Jackson Dead
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dead  (Read 58964 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »

R.I.P...he was the greatest entertainer in my lifetime...without a doubt... Sad
suicide
VIP

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 03:24:20 AM »

MJ was an amazing artist and performer. He will be greatly missed!
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 04:46:38 AM »

Sad News. Incredible, I saw it in the news yesterday, and now, I can't believe it.

Dead Jackson, but now, start de legend!!  peace

R.I.P. Michael Jackson, Good bye man

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 05:19:06 AM »

Long before I discovered the likes of Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Nine Inch Nails and all, there was Michael Jackson.  He was the person who introduced me to music, something that over the years has become something I could never live without, and he was my first hero.  The first gig I ever went to was Michael Jackson at Wembley Stadium during the Dangerous tour in 1992... sounds corny, but it changed my life.
It's been very hard for me to witness his decline in recent years, amongst allegations that I've never believed, bullshit from the media, and seeing how fragile he had become.  I was extremely excited to hear about his performances in London this year, and though I never got tickets was looking forward to him getting onto that stage and proving his critics wrong.

And then the news came last night, and I suddenly understood the kind of hurt that some people felt when Princess Diana died.  I'd always been critical of people who had such an emotional bond to someone they'd never met... but now I get it.  The man meant the world to me.

All I have to say, is I hope the people who have made his life a hell, and were more interested in the dollar signs in their eyes than a man's health (both mental and physical) have enough of a conscience to realise what they fucked up.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2009, 06:19:39 AM »

This is a pre-emptive plea to not turn this thread into a fight... please.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 06:25:50 AM »

all my youth...Rest In Peace Michael...and thank you for the good time.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2009, 07:03:18 AM »

RIP MJ  Cry
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2009, 07:06:19 AM »

This thread isn't going to be a fight. Don't worry

I just never can understand how people can be so heartless and classless

Just like how people in the articles have to throw in jabs and shit at the guy, I mean who cares if he had plastic surgery and shit like that?

He had a skin condition which makes blotchy white patches in your skin. So it isn't like he was trying to be a white guy. he had a disease.

U can believe what u want about the molestation shit but I will always believe he was innocent and taken advantage of.

Child Molesters are predators and they can't stop or help themselves. So if Michael were truly a pedophile, there would've been a hell of a lot more than 2 kids accuse him of it, the last was definitely a fraud.*

so please, i beg everyone on here, if u got some joke or some negative shit to add, please just click off the thread and refrain.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 08:20:11 AM »

Thriller was the 1st piece of music I owned ( on casette)

People are now remembering how talented he was.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 08:24:57 AM »

wow, here in the UK.

Literally EVERY music channel on Sky is "Michael Jackson:tribute" Hes on every channel.

html sucks
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2009, 09:16:08 AM »

RIP Wacko Jacko

I don't have any album of him but respect him as an artist. He is propably the biggest icon of pop/rock history!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »

I don't have any album of him but respect him as an artist. He is propably the biggest icon of pop/rock history!

Yeah, same here.

Never was a fan, but growing up in the 80s, he was the guy everybody tried to beat.

Not only sales wise. His music videos and even dance moves.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »

It's a sad day, indeed. We've lost one of the biggest personalities of the last century...love him or hate him, you can't deny how important he was for pop culture and general entertainment. I was just watching the "They Don't Really Care About Us" video, that he shot here in Brazil..sad, really sad.  Cry

I wasn't a Michael Jackson fan. I always liked his music and respected him as a musician and as a person; I never believed in anything that press tried to sell him for, everytime I saw him giving an interview, or something, what I'd see was a guy that's being truthfull about his statements. CNN just showed a clip of an interview with Ed Bradley On '60 Minutes, regarding the last lawsuit and the whole sexual molesting bullshit. When asked what would he say to his fans - the ones who supported him and the ones who might still have doubts - he answered: "(...)But if you really want to know about me, there's a song I wrote, which is the most honest song I've ever written. It's the most autobiographical song I've ever written. It's called, 'Childhood.' They should listen to it. That's the one they really should listen to.(...)". And, reading the lyrics of this song, you can truly see hoe honest he was being about it. And going through what he went when he was still a kid...that can't be easy to anyone.

He wasn't perfect, he wasn't a saint, but he was far from being that monster people tried to turn him into. Anyway. I wasn't a fan of him(I think 'fan' is such a strong word to describe your passion for something/someone), but I liked and respected him very much. I grew up seeing him on MTV, listenning to his music...I actually sang "Beat It" on a band I had when I was on High School! He was as present in our lives as the air we breathe...

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson! We're gonna miss you a lot.  Cry

PS.: I know I'm gonna be bashed for this, but it's not even my intent to change the course of this thread or anything, but Michael's sudden death and how it made me fell, has made me think about how would it be when Axl's time come. I don't even wanna think about it, but I'm sure I wouldn't want him to go like this, all suddenly and with unfinished business regarding his art and everything else he's capable of. Life is precious and runs really quickly. We all should cease it while we're still living it.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »

RIP MJ

Now i'm in no way a fan of this guy Musically or Personally(everyone has to admit he's a nut)... But I can't deny his place in music history, and what he did... It really is a shame how his profile went down SO BAD in the last 15 years.....

Jim Bob, dont worry about your Joke, the jokes been around for years, nothing changes that... I'm  interested to see if comedy central will air the south park episode within the next year or so!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2009, 10:28:18 AM »

Apparently a family member is saying that this may turn out to be an accidental drug overdose.  Very sad if true.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 10:31:46 AM »

I also was never a fan of his.  But when I saw that he had passed away, I thought to myself that this is a big one.  He really is iconic.  I say that in the present tense, because his image and work will survive his body.  I saw a quote in the news....someone said that this is like the news of JFK dying.  Everyone will remember where they were when they found out he had died.

I hope he's at peace now.  He had a hard life, and did alot of crazy things to deal with it.  I really do think he was a kid at heart.  I don't have a firm opinion on the molestation things, but my gut feeling is that he never did anything to a chid on purpose.  How the kids felt about it is a different story. I tend to act childish, and I make damn sure I think before I act or speak when around children  What I think of as innocent might be seen as a offensive to a kid, or to an adult when the child tells someone else.  

I've already seen the jokes about how he died and why.  I don't mind the jokes, personally, and I laugh at them. I'm afraid there is gonna be alot of it in the coming days and months though.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »

RIP
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »

I have to agree with MrRedfield: Well before I was into GNR, Bon Jovi, U2 or any other rock band of the 1980s, Michael Jackson was the one & only artist that I listened to.  His poster was on my wall.  There are so, so many photos of me in the zipper covered "Beat It" jacket (a present I got at 7 years old), white socks & black loafers, and video footage of me attempting the moonwalk on my parents' kitchen floor!  Even as I got older & branched out to other forms of music, there was always some strange connection to Michael as he represented a piece of all of us who grew up in the 80s' childhoods.  Am I making sense?  He was our John Lennon...

Michael's music was in many ways, the soundtrack to our lives.  We all knew the words to the songs, the melodies & the music, and played for hours working on the dance moves he displayed in his videos & live performances.

I now have 3 children who are all trying to understand why the news is making such a big deal about his passing.  I found an old DVD of Michael's videos & also you tube'd some of his best live performances.  My 10 year old daughter is completely blown away about how well he both sang & danced and said that "he should have kept making music, he's so much better than anyone else is!" 

Try explaining to a 10 year old about molestation accusations, bankruptcies, failed marriages, plastic surgery, etc.  After these conversations, I think most importantly, Michael represented a time where as kids there was still some innocence left in this crazy, fucked up world. 

I'm at a loss as to why I am so upset for someone I never met, but I feel as though a piece of my youth has died.

Rest In Peace, Michael.  Your legacy - for all of the right[i[/i] reasons - will live forever.  May your children never be exposed to the horrors that the predators & bloodsuckers of the world forced upon you. 
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2009, 11:53:06 AM »

Just like a couple of others have said, before I beame a rock fan I was an MJ fan.  When I was in 5th or 6th grade Thriller ruled the world.  The videos were awesome and groundbreaking.  The zipper jacket kicked ass (I got one for Christmas around that time).  The moonwalk on the grammy's.

I would guess that this is similar to what prior generations felt when they lost Elvis and Sinatra.  The loss of an icon is never an easy thing to get over.

I'll admit I laughed at a lot of the jokes about him in recent years but I always thought about what a sad decline that we all had to witness too.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2009, 12:12:11 PM »

Having grown up in the 80s, I remember Michael Jackson as being the center of the entertainment universe.  I never had any of his albums, but if I heard any of his songs on the radio, I turned it up; if I heard any of his songs at a night club, I got up and danced; if I saw him perform on TV or otherwise, I was mesmermized. 

RIP, the man was a once-in-a-lifetime talent.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: