Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Chasing Dreams
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chasing Dreams  (Read 5379 times)
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« on: June 22, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »

Hi guys I made this thread for everyone whos dreams havent been realized theres only one rule you cant critisize the person over having there dream.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »

My dream is to be able to be a singer for a living and sing about things that I care about.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »

The idea of being a singer in a (preferably successful) band is like some kind of crazy daydream to me too. Thing is, I can't sing so the odds are even slimmer. Tongue

Though, that never stopped some people from doing it.....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 04:18:41 PM »

I hate dreams where i'm being chased, last dream about being chased was when i dreamt that i saw a guy with a expensive camera, i thought in the dream "if i run really fast, i can take it while running and he will probably not catch up with me and i can just run home with a brand new camera" i had already been running around in my town with only my boxers on, it was probably 3 in the morning (in the dream that is) and it was cold,

in the dream the camera was strapped around his neck so i brutally failed, he then headbutted(?) me and i lose my front teeth, when i got home my brother shows me a new pic of blink 182, they appareantly have a new member and he's the guy who knocked my teeth out, the band gets to know about the incident and the new guy gets kicked out of the band, about that time I wake up and feel with both my tongue and fingers if i've lost my front teeth or not, they were still there

chasing dreams sucks
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »

I'm still waiting for my big break in the radio biz. I technically have a good job lined up, but due to their finances, they can't bring me in just yet. It's my dream to go somewhere with my career and have the chance to accomplish something great.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »

I'm still waiting for my big break in the radio biz. I technically have a good job lined up, but due to their finances, they can't bring me in just yet. It's my dream to go somewhere with my career and have the chance to accomplish something great.
My husband and I have already chased a dream and have become successful, was it as easy as that, absolutely not.  I will say that we are a couple of months away from chasing another, but I am not willing to share until it becomes a reality.

Good Luck to all of you dream chasers out here, if you want it bad enough it will become your reality as well.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 10:28:45 PM »

I hate dreams where i'm being chased, last dream about being chased was when i dreamt that i saw a guy with a expensive camera, i thought in the dream "if i run really fast, i can take it while running and he will probably not catch up with me and i can just run home with a brand new camera" i had already been running around in my town with only my boxers on, it was probably 3 in the morning (in the dream that is) and it was cold,

in the dream the camera was strapped around his neck so i brutally failed, he then headbutted(?) me and i lose my front teeth, when i got home my brother shows me a new pic of blink 182, they appareantly have a new member and he's the guy who knocked my teeth out, the band gets to know about the incident and the new guy gets kicked out of the band, about that time I wake up and feel with both my tongue and fingers if i've lost my front teeth or not, they were still there

chasing dreams sucks
Thats not exactly what I ment when I made this post I mean its a crazy dream but its not what I ment sorry.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 10:31:26 PM »

The idea of being a singer in a (preferably successful) band is like some kind of crazy daydream to me too. Thing is, I can't sing so the odds are even slimmer. Tongue

Though, that never stopped some people from doing it.....
True but I (at least think) im good enough to make something out of it.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »

chasing dreams sucks
Thats not exactly what I ment when I made this post I mean its a crazy dream but its not what I ment sorry.

so my dream is wrong?....

theres only one rule you cant critisize the person over having there dream.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 09:55:35 AM »

I'm guessing he more or less might mean, something you hope to accomplish, or would like to succeed in, what you dream of being in your future ok

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »

I'm guessing he more or less might mean, something you hope to accomplish, or would like to succeed in, what you dream of being in your future ok
i know, i was joking around a bit, the dream was real though
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »

My dream as a kid was to always be a pro baseball player............made an attempt at the minors and it didn't pan out in Class A.  Here's to living the dream at every work sponsored softball event now and playing every softball game like it's the world series  hihi

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »

lately my dream is to find a dream i can chase to death. Undecided

i know, i was joking around a bit, the dream was real though
Every now and then, I have this dream where I get into a fight with my dad, and I punch him over and over again, but they are WEAK punches.  I need to see my therapist so we can analyze this dream.

I know if I were to punch someone, I could do some damage, especially if they weren't expecting it.  But my punches did ZERO damage to my dad.  Very weird, and it's not like a one time thing.  I have this dream once every two months it seems.

haven't you ever had a bad dream in which you're being chased? I have many a time.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 04:33:59 PM »

haven't you ever had a bad dream in which you're being chased? I have many a time.
yes, having my teeth knocked out is a bad dream, especially since i was scared  that i had no teeth when i woke up so i had to feel with both my tongue and fingers  Tongue

wouldn't you consider that bad?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 06:05:01 PM »

Yea but you weren't chased by zombies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wCgbBMnnzI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WceIvkwLCco

he is literally chasing his dream. is this adz by any chance? Huh
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 12:05:48 AM »

Every now and then, I have this dream where I get into a fight with my dad, and I punch him over and over again, but they are WEAK punches.  I need to see my therapist so we can analyze this dream.

I know if I were to punch someone, I could do some damage, especially if they weren't expecting it.  But my punches did ZERO damage to my dad.  Very weird, and it's not like a one time thing.  I have this dream once every two months it seems.
Thats a crazy dream mabe you represed something where you wanted to do something like that to him im just guessing.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »

Thats a crazy dream mabe you represed something where you wanted to do something like that to him im just guessing.

Not really dude, it's common knowledge that I want to mess up my dad.  Even he knows this.
Ah well then I got nothing...

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »

Not really dude, it's common knowledge that I want to mess up my dad.  Even he knows this.

Sadly, I think your dream means deep-down you feel that no amount of physical pain you could inflict would surpass (or alleviate) the emotional pain you've endured.

IMO, you need to gain control over that "deep-down" feeling .....
As a person of faith, I have learned that, as hard a thing as it is to do, "praying for your enemy" truly does alleviate that emotional pain for you!!!  (just something simple like - "I pray for all those that I find it difficult to pray for, especially .......... ")

Hope this helps.   Smiley

P.S.  Talking things over with a therapist is a good thing too.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »

I never really have recurring dreams or bad dreams. I guess I just pretty much dream about partying with friends or being at a Gn'R show, haha. In one of them I got called up onstage to sing Nightrain. I didn't want to wake up.

Axl is God.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »

I have always wanted to write a book.  I wrote all the time when I was young and had drama in my life all the time, but now, it seems all of the ideas are so jumbled...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: