Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Jimmy Fallon/Music Movement!! (via Twitter)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Jimmy Fallon/Music Movement!! (via Twitter)  (Read 6482 times)
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »

Done it as well.

I remember voting for Guns N' Roses when Rock in Rio 3 had a pool... feels like that was just yesterday. It worked then, let's hope it works now.  Cool

Ahh, the good ol' days when Rock in Rio was in Rio...
anyway... I hope it works now too... although I don't know of any channels in Brazil that actually air jimmy's show...  Embarrassed
But I?ll watch it at youtube ... Undecided

So, can we only ask once?
I?ll ask once... a day. Grin

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »

Voted yesterday

will go flood it with a few more

Problem is, Jimmy Fallon gets VERY low ratings, so if GNR were to do a late night thing, it would be Conan and no way it would be Fallon.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 02:18:12 PM »

Voted yesterday

will go flood it with a few more

Problem is, Jimmy Fallon gets VERY low ratings, so if GNR were to do a late night thing, it would be Conan and no way it would be Fallon.

Wasn't there some issue involving Conan and donuts?
hahaha
Or am I just completely crazy?

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 03:41:05 AM »

Done! Did it yesterday....   Smiley

Stavanger-rock-city!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 11:20:22 AM »

Exactly. I know a lot of GnR fans who are doing this so everyone please help out!!!

not a lot yet. I searched for "@jimmyfallon, Guns n' Roses" and damn where are those hundreds of forum fans?

come on people, it's so easy. just type "@jimmyfallon, Guns n' Roses" at your twitter.

making a twitter account isn't difficult either.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »

Are people voting multiple times?  Do we flood this like we did with the AOL radio requests?  I just voted once so far, I don't want to overwhelm Jimmy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 12:13:45 PM »

Are people voting multiple times?  Do we flood this like we did with the AOL radio requests?  I just voted once so far, I don't want to overwhelm Jimmy.

search for "@jimmyfallon" @ twitter.  hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 12:34:17 PM »

search for "@jimmyfallon" @ twitter.  hihi
Who the HELL are Forever the Sickest Kids?  And how do they have any fans?  What the hell world am I living in?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »

the internet that is.  hihi
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 02:04:42 PM »

Done.

Took me about five seconds....

And people are complaining about how it's useless....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Not really, I'd just rather see the band perform when and where they want to perform. After all, this isn't Burger King, you know. It's not 'Have it your way'. Remember, Axl knows best!  hihi

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 02:34:15 PM »

How funny!

Best, joke, ever!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 02:56:42 PM »

boooooooring.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 04:20:48 PM »

How funny!

Best, joke, ever!

/jarmo

It wasn't a joke, unlike your terrifically witty and insightful response to the pointing out of your double-standards.

When everyone else talks about what they'd like the band to do, you're always the first to 'put them in their place'.

If, as you have so enjoyed pointing out countless times, the band will perform when they're good and ready, fans should have no say in the running of things, Axl is a rockstar and we aren't and we have no place telling him how to do his job, I fail to see how petitioning for a TV appearance is any different.

Anyway, my mistake for once again overlooking the 'don't ever disagree with Jarmo' clause.

Axl has always made his own decisions and never taken advice from what popular-opinion dictates he should do. The idea of petitioning for him to make a TV appearance makes about as much sense as petitioning for an album release or an original-lineup reunion. I thought my use of Axl's quote was fairly appropriate and applicable here.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:29:51 PM by TomFriend » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 05:12:51 PM »

We have a right to request GNR of jimmyfallong as much as GNR has a right not to accept the invitation. 

If you don't want to show your love for GNR, then please stay away from the thread.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 05:23:50 PM »

I'm not denying anyone's right to request. Just defending my decision not to, and to show my love for the band by actually listening to what Axl says and taking it into consideration.

I assumed that the subject was open for discussion, this being a discussion forum and all. Apparently once again it's a case of the classic "agree with me or shut up". How very insecure you must be.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »

It wasn't a joke, unlike your terrifically witty and insightful response to the pointing out of your double-standards.

When everyone else talks about what they'd like the band to do, you're always the first to 'put them in their place'.

Double standards my ass, more like common sense.

Common sense tells me that the band will best know what they'll play at the shows and when to go on. Especially when you're not even at the show!

Common sense also tells me that making a TV network/show aware that GN'R isn't forgotten isn't a bad thing. Just like requesting songs on the radio isn't a bad thing.

By the way. This isn't about us demanding GN'R to play a TV show. This is about having a TV show request GN'R to play.

There's a difference.

I thought you were aware.

We're not gonna start whining if GN'R doesn't appear on Jimmy's show.  Tongue

I'm glad you're so supportive and understanding of Axl's words all of a sudden.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »

If you think NBC need to be 'made aware' that getting Axl on their show would get a lot of attention, you must be out of your mind. As others have said, GNR could be on pretty much any show they wanted if they made their interest known.

If Axl wanted to be on TV, he'd do it. Clearly at this moment in time, he doesn't want to, or isn't in a position to do so. Also, Jimmy Fallon is a vocal GNR fan. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need any incentive to book them when the time is right.

Speaking of right, it must be wonderful to have the right view, right ideas and know what's right for the band and fans 100% of the time, Jarmo. The right opinion is your opinion. Always.

FYI, I've always supported Axl's words and views. I may have disagreed with some of them, but I've always considered them. Considering and respecting opposing opinions...probably lost you there.

Apologies for the lack of eye-rolling smileys in this post. Where would you be without 'em, eh?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 05:43:02 PM »

the bottom line is that our twitters can't harm or trouble GNR.

So why not?!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »

If you think NBC need to be 'made aware' that getting Axl on their show would get a lot of attention, you must be out of your mind. As others have said, GNR could be on pretty much any show they wanted if they made their interest known. 

So suddenly GN'R is a big deal?

All this time I've heard people saying how nobody cares, how the tour would flop, how nobody bought the album etc...

And now GN'R is suddenly huge again?

Speaking of right, it must be wonderful to have the right view, right ideas and know what's right for the band and fans 100% of the time, Jarmo. The right opinion is your opinion. Always.

Thank you.

Once again, another person who manages to try to make it personal.

This topic has very little to do with me. Yet you go on and on about me for some reason.

Predictable.

FYI, I've always supported Axl's words and views. I may have disagreed with some of them, but I've always considered them. Considering and respecting opposing opinions...probably lost you there.

No, you don't lose me there. You lost me ages ago.

Back when I "considered" opinions that were speaking out against fans being somewhat constructive and putting supportive fans down.

So why not?!!

Exactly.

Noooo, "he's respecting Axl's wishes".

Does polls asking "what's the greatest band in the world?" also bother you?

I don't know if Axl thinks GN'R is the greatest band in the world.....

Better not take part in those either....

And all those polls asking "what band would you like to see play our festival?".

Forget about them.

Who am I kidding. Clearly it's all the same as whining about shit and demanding things from GN'R. Because you said so! Hopefully after you "considered" the opinion that it's not the same thing.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 05:57:36 PM by jarmo » Logged

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 05:57:50 PM »

So why not?!!

No reason not to (other than the vague possibility of negative publicity if an invitation is made and refused) if you think it will help in some way. Again, I just happen to disagree and following Jarmo's response to that, felt I should elaborate on my reasons.

No harm there either...or if so, only to the particularly fragile ego of someone who desperately wants everyone to agree with him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: