Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Jimmy Fallon/Music Movement!! (via Twitter)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Jimmy Fallon/Music Movement!! (via Twitter)  (Read 6471 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »

No harm there either...or if so, only to the particularly fragile ego of someone who desperately wants everyone to agree with him.

The irony is that you're feeding my fragile (but apparently over sized) ego by constantly feeling the need to talk about me.

Thank you.

Here we are on a Guns N' Roses message board talking about me.

Unfortunately for you, I find that particular subject a bit off topic...... Sorry!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2009, 07:27:31 PM »

Not gonna make a twitter account but wishes the best to those of us who do.

There has been NO bookings at all for gnr live this year?

ps/

There IS discussions about Jarmo, I reccomend the 'what if Jarmo's name was Sklermo'-thread. Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »

Just responded.  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »

Exactly. I know a lot of GnR fans who are doing this so everyone please help out!!!

not a lot yet. I searched for "@jimmyfallon, Guns n' Roses" and damn where are those hundreds of forum fans?

come on people, it's so easy. just type "@jimmyfallon, Guns n' Roses" at your twitter.

making a twitter account isn't difficult either.

Probably just inconsistencies in the use of the apostrophe!!!

Try http://twitter.com/#search?q=@jimmyfallon%20guns%20roses  beer
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2009, 08:23:16 AM »

I enjoy how instead of just sending a request to Fallon's Twitter in a method to support our favorite band, that people would rather sit here and write paragraphs explaining their reasons not to and making lame comments toward Jarmo.

How can people turn a simple thing like answering a request from Jimmy Fallon for the hell of it to show GNR's relevance to a big negative onslaught?

If you guys are going to shoot a Twitter message to Fallon, do it. If you're going to spend your time "defending your decision not to", get a life. It's not a big deal and should not warrant that much of your time.

On a positive note, I am hearing from a lot of people on GNR's facebook groups and other boards that are sending in GNR as the request to Fallon. Hell, the guy got Mark Paul Gosselaar to revive his Zack Morris character, let's give him another challenge!!  ok

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 09:56:29 AM »

just voted for Guns! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009, 08:26:47 PM »

No harm there either...or if so, only to the particularly fragile ego of someone who desperately wants everyone to agree with him.

The irony is that you're feeding my fragile (but apparently over sized) ego by constantly feeling the need to talk about me.

Thank you.

Here we are on a Guns N' Roses message board talking about me.

Unfortunately for you, I find that particular subject a bit off topic...... Sorry!

/jarmo

Then why create that tangent with your lame "how lazy, it only took 5 seconds" and "oh what a hilarious joke" comebacks? Seems like you were effectively baiting me for a response. Perhaps you just need to have the last word? Whatever. I don't see why me feeling that asking a company to beg Axl for an appearance that he will inevitably reject is pointless should be a big deal to anyone, least of all anyone of as blinkered and unshakable convictions as you.

If anyone here thinks the lack of TV appearances in support of Chinese Democracy were because Axl was willing but appearance requests were lacking speak now and be laughed at uproariously. Reality check, people.

Jarmo somehow thinks I should be held accountable for all fans negative opinions (due to his convenient and narrow-minded compartmentalizing of fans into 'agrees with me' and 'disagrees with me' categories') i.e. "I thought the album was a failure and no one cared anymore" (sentiments I have never personally expressed). If no one cares anymore, its because of the lack of visible promotion for the record, not because of the lack of promotional appearance offers.

Jarmo, you know as well as I do that a single US TV appearance in support of this album would send sales up overnight.

You also know that the reason no such appearances have being forthcoming is through Axl/band choice/incapacity/unavailability, not lack of offers. That is all I am saying, and all I have being saying on this thread.

I know for a fact that Guns were offered several relatively high profile TV appearances in support of the release. If people want to vote or show their support for GNR appearances, yeah, it'll probably cause no harm. But the fact is GNR aren't on TV because they aren't making themselves available for TV at this time, not because they're waiting on an offer. If they win a poll like this, they'll only look bad when they turn the request down or ignore it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:43:49 PM by TomFriend » Logged

And there goes the challenger...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2009, 09:25:14 PM »

OR, they could surprise everyone and make the appearance.  Just like they surprised everyone by releasing the album last year even as Dr. Pepper was trying to persuade them.

Again it can't hurt so why worry about how BAD they'll look.  Were we worried about how bad they'd look if they didn't make good on Dr. Pepper's request?  Did that not work out in the end?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:59 AM »

I don't twitter, can you tell how the voting is going and who else is being requested?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:04 AM »

OR, they could surprise everyone and make the appearance.  Just like they surprised everyone by releasing the album last year even as Dr. Pepper was trying to persuade them.

Again it can't hurt so why worry about how BAD they'll look.  Were we worried about how bad they'd look if they didn't make good on Dr. Pepper's request?  Did that not work out in the end?

Truth.  Smiley

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2009, 01:06:31 PM »

Jarmo, you know as well as I do that a single US TV appearance in support of this album would send sales up overnight.

who's talking about sales?

This is fans fun. a fan calling for fellow fans and we see no harm but fun in responding to it.
ego? say that if jarmo was in the us.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 02:46:30 AM »

This is fans fun. a fan calling for fellow fans and we see no harm but fun in responding to it.

You obviously jumped into the conversation later and aren't quite sure what was said.  Because, TomFriend is right! 

People make simple statements (or facts) about the band, and the GNR ass kissers are quick to say.."once again, you make a positive thread into a negative one"...or "your comment has nothing to do with this thread".  In all reality, most of the points people make do have some sort of relevance to the thread based off of what other people have said in the thread.  But to a lot of you, GNR can do absolutely no wrong, so when someone simply gives their opinion (on a message board), that might come out negative, you bitch and moan and make excuses.

I love GNR as much as anyone, but any business man knows that GNR haven't gone about many things the right way.  That is of course, if they want to profit as much as they can off this album and be as popular as they can at this time.  But hell, maybe they don't.  But that's really hard to believe.

I don't see anything wrong with this site being a place where people can come and talk, debate, ask questions, suggest things..etc.  But instead, if often comes across as a "say something positive, or leave" board".  People should be able to voice their opinions...it doesn't mean they hate the band!   

Lets go back and look at what TomFriend originally said..

"I'm pretty sure the band will have received all kinds of appearance requests around the time of the album release. And I'm sure that, like those ones, this would be ignored."

He merely stated his opinion...but Jarmo takes a jab at him saying "some people are saying it's useless".   
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:51:21 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 09:41:52 AM »

Yeah, because if you don't wanna be part of it, we don't care.

It seems like some have a need to constantly point out that things won't work or are of no use etc.

Same shit happens every time there's some kind of topic that requires some action.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »

Sent an @jimmyfallon -  Cool

Why not?

Just did the same thing. I feel the same as you; why not?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2009, 02:13:36 PM »

You obviously jumped into the conversation later and aren't quite sure what was said.  Because, TomFriend is right! ...

...He merely stated his opinion...but Jarmo takes a jab at him saying "some people are saying it's useless".   

What? hihi
I might be right in thinking fall on is a funny name on the letter. But would I say that in this thread? no.

I understand your deep devotion to jarmo but this is originally Italy's call about a jimmy fallon show and there's no ass to kiss. GNR isn't concerned with the idea, i believe. Not yet.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 01:19:12 AM »

You obviously jumped into the conversation later and aren't quite sure what was said.  Because, TomFriend is right! ...

...He merely stated his opinion...but Jarmo takes a jab at him saying "some people are saying it's useless".   

What? hihi
I might be right in thinking fall on is a funny name on the letter. But would I say that in this thread? no.

I understand your deep devotion to jarmo but this is originally Italy's call about a jimmy fallon show and there's no ass to kiss. GNR isn't concerned with the idea, i believe. Not yet.

What?   Huh

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 02:12:16 AM »

They should take up residence at Conesy's for a week.

Conan tapes at Universal, and the label is a hop, skip, and a jump away.

That would be tight.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: