Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Six Things You Didn't Know About Guns N' Roses' 'November Rain'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Six Things You Didn't Know About Guns N' Roses' 'November Rain'  (Read 6188 times)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »

Yeah...title is rather presumptuous of MTV.  At least they are putting some GnR out there.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 07:11:46 PM »

I beleve they missed a award given to Slash for the best guitar solo

or somthing like that

o and how did MTV discover these things???

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »

No, that was indeed NR. Watch Making Fuckin' Videos: November Rain. What you're referring to, there were no extras for that. The audience shots are from a live show.

I'm pretty sure GN'R rented out the LA colliseum or Rose Bowl for the Estranged video and played n front of extras..Watch the MF'ngV:Estranged.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »

No, that was indeed NR. Watch Making Fuckin' Videos: November Rain. What you're referring to, there were no extras for that. The audience shots are from a live show.

I'm pretty sure GN'R rented out the LA colliseum or Rose Bowl for the Estranged video and played n front of extras..Watch the MF'ngV:Estranged.

They did record the November Rain video in front of extras, as said in the article.

For the Estranged video, it's a combination of live shots (from Germany), and the close-ups of the band members on stage were filmed in a studio. They rigged the whole stage in an empty arena for those shots.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 11:00:40 PM »

Yes, watch it.

The Estranged video was shot during a show, and for close ups of the band, they just played at the same place with no one around.  Sounds kinda contrived, but that's how they work that Hollywood magic.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:05 AM »

Yes, watch it.

The Estranged video was shot during a show, and for close ups of the band, they just played at the same place with no one around.  Sounds kinda contrived, but that's how they work that Hollywood magic.

The crowd parts for the Estranged video were filmed at the Olympic Stadium in M?nchen, Germany.

The close ups were shot at Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, CA.

As far as I remember, November Rain wasn't shot at an actual GN'R live show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 11:14:56 AM »

/jarmo

It wasn't. From the article:

Though it appears as though the concert footage is real, the scenes of Guns N? Roses performing were entirely staged: the band rented a theater in Los Angeles and brought in 1,500 extras to play an audience. Rather than simply mime playing their instruments and lip-synching along to a pre-recorded track, Guns actually played through the song (as well as a number of other tunes in their canon) in order to keep the extras entertained.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »

So I guess there is no one that participated in any of this filming that are on this board? Guess they are all too old now Smiley
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 12:00:35 PM »

I am old Grin Grin

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »

Was NR filmed at the famed Radio City Music Hall?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 08:42:22 PM »

No

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 03:17:40 AM »

Yes, watch it.

The crowd parts for the Estranged video were filmed at the Olympic Stadium in M?nchen, Germany.

The close ups were shot at Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, CA.

/jarmo

Axl's custom Deep Purple shirt makes a lot of sense.

He leaves his pad in that shirt and goes in the limo wearing the shirt.  He drives down to Long Beach wearing that shirt and BAM!  Music video! 

The real headscratcher in this whole deal is that in the actual music video, Axl is never seen wearing the Deep Purple shirt.  I guess they switched outfits to help with continuity issues from the Munchen show.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2009, 03:55:15 AM »

It'd still be nice to see those Making Fucking Videos documentaries on an official DVD sometime...

Anyway, as people have said, a rather presumptuous title, but a nice little article all the same.

And there goes the challenger...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »

It'd still be nice to see those Making Fucking Videos documentaries on an official DVD sometime...

Anyway, as people have said, a rather presumptuous title, but a nice little article all the same.
I agree, I never bought the Making the F'ing Videos casettes back in the day and since VCR's are a thing of the past I think it's too late for that now.  I'd definitely purchase them if they came to DVD format though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2009, 10:03:09 AM »

I agree, I never bought the Making the F'ing Videos casettes back in the day and since VCR's are a thing of the past I think it's too late for that now.  I'd definitely purchase them if they came to DVD format though.
DVD format would be excellent, as everytime I want to view these it cost me a VCR hook-up, it's not so convenient, however I'm pretty sure they can be viewed on you tube if I'm not mistaken.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »

DVD format would be excellent, as everytime I want to view these it cost me a VCR hook-up, it's not so convenient, however I'm pretty sure they can be viewed on you tube if I'm not mistaken.
Really?  I'm gonna have to check that out sometime.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »

Yeah, they're all on Youtube. I'll warn you if you haven't seen them, it's a tad on the cheesy side at times.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 01:02:41 AM »

Oh geez.  I have the set, though haven't watched them in awhile because well - the VCR thing.  I'd repurchase them on DVD in a heartbeat.   
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 11:57:58 AM »

If things like that would happen I think GN'R would be on the slipery slope Kiss is on dont get me wrong I love them but they sold out one to many times for me to buy there Kiss products.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 01:24:27 PM »

I remember seeing its premiere on MTV Europe.

Back when new videos were a big deal on MTV....  hihi

/jarmo

The two most memorable Video Premiers for me are November Rain and Estranged. The Estranged actually sticks out a little more in my head because it launched with a full day of GnR Documentaries the day of my High School Football Division 3 Superbowl (We got our asses kicked). I still have that whole day scattered across two VHS tapes (terrible quality because I did LP to get as much of the day as possible). There were also huge Aerosmith and Metallica premiers that month which were advertised heavily on that tape. Now short of the internet I don't know what channel I would even find a music video on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: