Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 186212 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #740 on: July 08, 2009, 01:21:01 PM »

the brutal sincerity on it. it's the sincerest album ever. musically and lyrically.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #741 on: July 08, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »

You guys don't think Axl has his own 12 million, I bet that he does

Maybe he does, but i dont see him spending it to make an album.  I just think that GNR need to try and clean up this mess or not many labels will be rushing to work with them.

Why use so much money on a album anyway?

Duff's Loaded used, what? 20 000 dollars and it rocks the fuck outta CD...
No, it doesn't.

oh yeah, sorry. i forgot..... as if...
what does people fail to understand about Sick?
People who have ears can't seem to penetrate in such a complex enviroment.

No, it doesn't.

Coming from the guy who always goes on about opinions.  Remember, he is entitled to his opinion.  ok
So am I, Slashy! ok

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #742 on: July 08, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »

the brutal sincerity on it. it's the sincerest album ever. musically and lyrically.

But what makes that so special?  There are plenty of albums like that.  That's kind of a generic answer, it seems.

I'm just wondering what makes the sincerity on this album more special than any other one?

If it's just because it's Axl and you are a big fan of his then that's fine but say that, instead of making it out to be a masterpiece just because.  I have a feeling that if Vince Neil made this exact same album there wouldn't be this love for it.  Does that make sense?

Again this is not a rip on anyone and why they like the album or think it's a great album.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #743 on: July 08, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »

I've got a funny feeling.........there's somthing wrong with this thread........
I've got a funny feeling.........some G&R fans have lost their faith again.......

Don't ever try to tell me how much a fan you really are.
Don't ever think you really know what Chinese Democracy is about?

So for those (and with all respect) who don't dig this cd is a fair bet that if G&R does the tour you are not going to buy a ticket and go see them right?
 rofl hihi smoking beer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #744 on: July 08, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »

If u want to do the pound for pound kinda argument

Sick is a very good album but it isn't Chinese Democracy

I think what Loaded and VR prove more than anything else is just how significant these guys were to Guns N Roses. If Slash and Duff were still in GNR, CD I guarantee u would be getting promoted like a motherfucker.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #745 on: July 08, 2009, 02:27:26 PM »

Alright look. If someone wants to know the album that best demonstrates the greatness of Axl Rose, I am handing them Chinese Democracy. If that someone wants to know why the album is so great, I will look down and whisper... because its one of the greatest rock n' roll albums ever.

... digest that for a moment.

I have been doing some thinking about the real superstar (worldwide) greats in this industry, and their music. I think there was only really 3.

Elvis
The Beatles
Michael Jackson

The odd one out may surprise you. Its Elvis. I get it, he had a great voice. I get it, he was a good looking guy. He wore sparkly outfits. I get it, he moved in an interesting way, and was the right guy at the right time. He is the odd one out for me because he didn't write not one song. Not one. He may have arranged some songs in the studio but, that is the extent. Absolutely no writing ability.

Michael, was a vastly more talented star then Elvis. He also wore sparkly outfits. He wrote songs, was maybe the greatest naturally untrained male dancer ever, and also had a great voice.

The Beatles were the most proficient songwriters in the industry ever. They became all about their craft, and their music. Their success and worldwide love, is well deserved. The Beatles are so big that they even kept Michael afloat financially, long after his own power faded.

Back to Axl. Axl has a great voice. One of the most diverse and powerful voices in the industry ever. He, like Elvis moves in interesting ways on stage with a very defined and unique style. He has also written far more songs then Michael Jackson. And maybe he is making it, at least this time, all about his craft, and his music.

What then, is the reason Axl isn't a bigger superstar, and Chinese Democracy isn't being seen by others as being one of the greatest of all time? The original question, What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
It is the same reason "people" fail to understand Axl.

The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head, is ... time. Elvis, the Beatles, Micheal, were what the world needed at that time. The world was ready for someone like Elvis in the 50s. He also had a very long time to be king before he was challenged and ultimately dethroned by the Beatles in the 60s. And if anyone wants a sense of what the 60s were about, just pick up a Beatles album. Michael, of course, owned the 80s.

And of course Axl had his time. But maybe this time, the world wasn't needing something like Chinese Democracy. Or, it wasn't ready for it, this time. One day, maybe it will get its time. Or maybe, Elvis, Michael, and the Beatles just had really good managers and promoters.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #746 on: July 08, 2009, 02:48:17 PM »

oh my god....

Chinese Democracy is just another rock n roll album...

and that is the last from me in this thread

MAYBE one day i can open my ears and eyes and see that the master of the universe is Axl Rose...

until then i will be rocking out to somethingelse. AFD, UYI, TSI, Sick, Contraband, Break the Silence, 15, Black Butterfly and so forth
wich by the way is also just rock albums...
 smoking

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #747 on: July 08, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »

Alright look. If someone wants to know the album that best demonstrates the greatness of Axl Rose, I am handing them Chinese Democracy. If that someone wants to know why the album is so great, I will look down and whisper... because its one of the greatest rock n' roll albums ever.

They want to know why it's great and you say because it's one of the greatest ever? How does that even come close to answering their question?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #748 on: July 08, 2009, 02:53:58 PM »

im not saying there is anything wrong with sick. there is also nothing epic about it. im sure u can agree with that captain. the songs are pretty cut & dry on the sick album. thats why i called it just another rock album. i believe chinese democracy's songs are not that simple. some people dont like complex music, so they listen to something simple.which is fine, i just want a lil more. i remember when fnm angel dust came out, people hated that album, now its considered a masterpiece by critics & fans. same with beastie's pauls boutique. those are not simple albums & demand your attention, just as chinese democracy does.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #749 on: July 08, 2009, 02:54:22 PM »

LunsJail, that is a good point.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #750 on: July 08, 2009, 02:55:18 PM »

again it's Guns n roses not any other band.

blaming the band for not doing some things other bands would do is like blaming yourself for liking the band.

I dont know what that means "its guns and roses, not any other band"  The gnr I grew up listening too, toured, had videos, music on the radio, and were in all kinds of music mags. Not just axl either, the BAND.  So your logic must only apply to post 1992
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #751 on: July 08, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »

LunsJail, that is a good point.

I'm not trying to argue your point. Just saying you could point out CD's diversity, blending of styles, musicianship, etc.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #752 on: July 08, 2009, 02:57:14 PM »

didnt compare them. all i am saying is that a 20 000dollar album was better than the milliondollar album CD..  in my mind.
not to drag this into a sick vs CD thread....I bought Sick yesterday and I have to say its avg at best. Some descent songs but nothing special. Im not even going to compare it to CD because its apples and oranges and they have nothing to do with each other....

If I were to compare it to lets say...Village Gorilla Head...then for me its very simple....VGH blows it away.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #753 on: July 08, 2009, 03:00:57 PM »

I love when people gets all ofended when we say Chinese is indeed a masterpiece. It's like "it can't be, I don't like it, how come?". Tongue

MAYBE one day i can open my ears and eyes and see that the master of the universe is Axl Rose...
Until them, it's Duff, right?

until then i will be rocking out to somethingelse. AFD, UYI, TSI, Sick, Contraband, Break the Silence, 15, Black Butterfly and so forth
wich by the way is also just rock albums...
 smoking
Explained.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #754 on: July 08, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »

They want to know why it's great and you say because it's one of the greatest ever? How does that even come close to answering their question?

It is what it is.

What makes it great if you remove Axl from the equation?

The songs themselves? The musicianship? The production? The attitude?

So much about this album is a big "fuck you" to current trends, rules and what not.

Nobody else has made an album like this. For some of you that's a bad thing because you focus on who's not in the band etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #755 on: July 08, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »

It is what it is.

So much about this album is a big "fuck you" to current trends, rules and what not.

Nobody else has made an album like this. For some of you that's a bad thing because you focus on who's not in the band etc.

/jarmo

I'm not talking about who is not in the band. If you read my last post I was just looking for more explanation.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #756 on: July 08, 2009, 03:45:50 PM »

I think I listed reasons above the last line of the post....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #757 on: July 08, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »

What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?

That it being marketed horribly was the reason it failed.

fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #758 on: July 08, 2009, 04:37:32 PM »

as far as sick costing 20k to make. it does not have the best sound, the mixing is poor, theres no crispness to it. & dont tell me thats the sound they wanted. thats the death magnetic line. i dont believe that. guns get shit on for overproducing. i'd rather talk a overproduced album anyday. my 1 complaint about chinese democracy is i would like deeper bass alla a7x's last album. when the bass hits it makes your teeth chatter.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #759 on: July 08, 2009, 04:43:55 PM »

It is what it is.

/jarmo

That right there is the key.  If this exact same album, lyrics, music, et al, were made by anyone else, I don't think the love for the album would be there.  Which is ok but fanboys/girls should just be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: