Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 185827 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #820 on: July 09, 2009, 01:09:52 PM »

I think if we want to get to the bottom of the original question posed is to come up with some questions for the people would don't like CD, or don't think its one of the most beautiful and masterful albums ever created by a rock n roll band. I will start with a few questions for those who don't absolutely love Chinese Democracy.

1- Were you born into a broken home, abusive dad, maybe parents separated when you were young? Mom and dad fought a lot?

2- Are you a fan of the Beatles.

3- Are you or have been a hard drug/alcohol addict?

4- Do you think Bon Jovi is really douchie?

5- Level of education. College Graduate?

6- Do you have someone a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband?

7- Do you still live with your parents or other guardian?

8- MSNBC or Fox News

9- On a Shit Scale. 10 being the most shitty, how shitty was X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #821 on: July 09, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »

There are some people on this board who feel that by criticizing we are not fans. Let me address that. My band has fans. Do I care what they think of our music. Absolutely. Am I naive to think they will like everything we put out? No. Do I expect criticism of my music. Absolutely , in fact I welcome it. I feed from it in fact. Criticism can be a good thing. I dont want people around me telling me that the sun shines out of my ass. Its not healthy. People like that have always made me uncomfortable. Its not healthy to surround yourself with YES people either. Look where it got Michael Jackson. Critique is healthy. Doesnt not make you a fan.
That said. I like CD. Is it my favorite album by them? No. Doesnt make me any less of a fan. In fact im sure ive seen them more times than most members on this board.

I have just noticed something funny.  seems like the majority of us fans who agree with this (me included) have karma -1?   Huh
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #822 on: July 09, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »

We can only hope that he is motivated and has the resources and support to release future albums. If he does then its all good. I just dont want to see Axl burn all his bridges personally and professionally....life is way too short

Let me educate you, which I am surprised I even have to, with someone as wise as yourself.

Axl is fucking lucky to be alive today. We should be feeling lucky as fans, that Axl never overdosed, or committed suicide. We should, as fans, be thankful for each and every piece of music we are still getting from him, and the fact that not only is Axl a surviver but, he is putting all of himself, into the music. Music that is ambitious, and is something much more then what is normally given. Chinese Democracy is a gift. Its beautiful and we are lucky to have it. And we are lucky that there may actually be more music coming. What has Cobain done for his fans lately?

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #823 on: July 09, 2009, 01:29:50 PM »

There are some people on this board who feel that by criticizing we are not fans. Let me address that. My band has fans. Do I care what they think of our music. Absolutely. Am I naive to think they will like everything we put out? No. Do I expect criticism of my music. Absolutely , in fact I welcome it. I feed from it in fact. Criticism can be a good thing. I dont want people around me telling me that the sun shines out of my ass. Its not healthy. People like that have always made me uncomfortable. Its not healthy to surround yourself with YES people either. Look where it got Michael Jackson. Critique is healthy. Doesnt not make you a fan.
That said. I like CD. Is it my favorite album by them? No. Doesnt make me any less of a fan. In fact im sure ive seen them more times than most members on this board.

I have just noticed something funny.  seems like the majority of us fans who agree with this (me included) have karma -1?   Huh

I never noticed that. I would love to know who determines this?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #824 on: July 09, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »

1- Were you born into a broken home, abusive dad, maybe parents separated when you were young? Mom and dad fought a lot?

No.

2- Are you a fan of the Beatles.

Yes.

3- Are you or have been a hard drug/alcohol addict?

No.

4- Do you think Bon Jovi is really douchie?

Not really.

5- Level of education. College Graduate?

Just done first year of uni.

6- Do you have someone a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband?

No. crying Tongue

7- Do you still live with your parents or other guardian?

Yes.

8- MSNBC or Fox News

I live in Scotland, I have no idea. Tongue

9- On a Shit Scale. 10 being the most shitty, how shitty was X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

I didn't think it was that bad, I'd say a 4. Never read the comics though.

That test was for people who don't "absolutely love" CD right? I'd say I like it a lot, but "absolutely love" is pushing it for me.

What do I win?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #825 on: July 09, 2009, 01:32:58 PM »

Axl is fucking lucky to be alive today. We should be feeling lucky as fans, that Axl never overdosed, or committed suicide. We should, as fans, be thankful for each and every piece of music we are still getting from him, and the fact that not only is Axl a surviver but, he is putting all of himself, into the music. Music that is ambitious, and is something much more then what is normally given. Chinese Democracy is a gift. Its beautiful and we are lucky to have it. And we are lucky that there may actually be more music coming. What has Cobain done for his fans lately?
agreed

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #826 on: July 09, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »

I can't wait to read the threads that will be posted on all G&R fan sites when the next cd is released.......... rofl

I've got to admit that if all of us took the same attitude here with the pros and cons and went to Washington, D.C. to debate on the economy........we'd probably straighten our government out in solving that problem   ok
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #827 on: July 09, 2009, 01:40:52 PM »

BlowUpYourVideo Let's see...

You got the Beatles answer right so that is good. Your answers to 1 and 3 are good to. But uh oh. Bon Jovi is in fact douchie and you still live with your parents. I feel for you on answer 6. But where you really blew it was on question 9. The Wolverine film is a 10 on the shit scale. It was really shitty.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #828 on: July 09, 2009, 01:42:16 PM »

I can't wait to read the threads that will be posted on all G&R fan sites when the next cd is released.......... rofl

You never know, if the release of the next album (whenever that will be) is handled better (by whoever didn't handle it that well this time around), with more promotion etc. maybe more people will be introduced to CD?? There's a chance....

EDIT: Hey, I live with my parents because I am still a lowly university student, not one of them fancy-pants working people. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #829 on: July 09, 2009, 01:49:04 PM »

Just out of easy-going-friendly curiosity to all the folks who are contributing to this thread.
Right now as far as the last twelve months give or take a few it doesn't matter. What release from any artists in any catagory do you feel surpasses (is better) than Chinese Democracy. It can be an artist that's been around or even a new artists?Huh  I'm not being sarcastic here or am I going to say anything negative to anyone who posts a reply to my question. Think of it more as a survey........please.......I'd like to know.  smoking
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #830 on: July 09, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »

Isn't it funny that the "non fanboys" and "objective" fans are always the ones who turn to insults when they can't get their non-existent point across otherwise?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #831 on: July 09, 2009, 01:57:16 PM »

Just out of easy-going-friendly curiosity to all the folks who are contributing to this thread.
Right now as far as the last twelve months give or take a few it doesn't matter. What release from any artists in any catagory do you feel surpasses (is better) than Chinese Democracy. It can be an artist that's been around or even a new artists?Huh  I'm not being sarcastic here or am I going to say anything negative to anyone who posts a reply to my question. Think of it more as a survey........please.......I'd like to know.  smoking

Crack The Skye - Mastodon ( Best album ive heard in a very long time)
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #832 on: July 09, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »

Isn't it funny that the "non fanboys" and "objective" fans are always the ones who turn to insults when they can't get their non-existent point across otherwise?

/jarmo

Show me an instance when ive insulted anyone on this board. Ive made it a point of being respectful to everyone on this board. And I still get a -1 karma.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #833 on: July 09, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »

In your case, learn to stay on topic.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #834 on: July 09, 2009, 02:14:47 PM »

In your case, learn to stay on topic.

ok

/jarmo

Point taken....but for the most part im answering statements made by other posters who dont have -1 karma. If im answering them wouldnt that make them off topic? Im just curious. Because I never even noticed the whole karma thing until someone pointed it out. ok
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:51:42 PM by peter7411226 » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #835 on: July 09, 2009, 03:22:03 PM »

some people fail to understand that this cd is not accepted worldwide on a "Thriller" or "AFD"-level yet. most likely it just absolutely doesnt play in that same ligue and i highly doubt the world will ever rate it there. it doesnt change that i'd like to see some more band involvement in terms of promotion, touring or any other releases. some continous "seeable" work couldnt hurt and is not too difficult to do so in these technology ages. but so what, its not like gnr fans dont know how to wait  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #836 on: July 09, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »

theres no way i can compare another release to cd. i love the new cky cd. it takes more than one listen. im sure people will shit on that band too. when they opened for guns they got booed at almost every show, so did a7x. which to me a7x is by far one of the best bands i've heard  in years & they are really teetering on super stardom. i remember when faith no more got booed at every gnr/metallica show. now mike patton is considered a genius. when people hear something out of the normal, they say that sucks, i dont like it. same with chinese democracy. it is not a normal cd, & the fear of that scares people away. as i keep saying time will tell, some people have a harder time accepting new things.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #837 on: July 09, 2009, 03:28:04 PM »

some people fail to understand that this cd is not accepted worldwide on a "Thriller" or "AFD"-level yet.

I don't think anybody claimed it to either.

The problem is that some (fans) have issues with (other) fans who think it's above good, great or even a masterpiece.

I don't see those of you who do have that kind of issues having problems with all those who claim it sucks.

It's personal opinions, but some of you only object to the positive opinions. The whole fanboy shit must be the new red scare..... rofl

/jarmo

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #838 on: July 09, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »

I don't see those of you who do have that kind of issues having problems with all those who claim it sucks.

It's personal opinions, but some of you only object to the positive opinions. The whole fanboy shit must be the new red scare..... rofl

/jarmo

Don't those posts get deleted?  Or members banned?
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #839 on: July 09, 2009, 04:08:26 PM »

/jarmo
I never really insulted anyone for real. I told you I just said that to make the point how stupid it is to get all worked up over an album, and who is or is not in a band.  We are never all going to agree on which is the best line up or album.  You have your OPINION and I have mine.  Neither one of us is right
Again, we can all agree that this product is being marketed poorly. Axl HAS to share some of it. But there are some who act as if Axl is there blood relative and NEVER has done a single thing wrong. (fanboys)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: