Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 10:55:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Request GN'R CD tracks today on AOL Radio using your Twitter page
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Request GN'R CD tracks today on AOL Radio using your Twitter page  (Read 36467 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2009, 08:12:45 AM »

We managed to get multiple GN'R songs played last time.  Cool

I don't see why we couldn't get GN'R played on it again....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2009, 09:16:19 AM »

Noted.

It'll be a good idea to narrow the selection down to 3-4 tunes. If GNR releases a new single, I believe it'll be SOD. That's a radio friendly song, cacthy chorus, great solo...There's been two singles; CD and Better. Time now for a ballad type of song. TIL could also be a good choice.

Off topic, there's a reality show here in spanish tv called Fama "Fame". It's like American Idol but contestants must dance instead. Then the audience decides who gets kicked out of the show once the jury has nomnated a few...To cut a long story short, my girlfriend (an avid fan) told me a few months ago she had heard "Better" in the show. They used the song to elaborate a choreography. I thought she must heard wrong so I really didn't bother...but  last week, I was changing channels and there it was, the same show "Fame", different coreography dancing to "Sorry". I thought that was fucking awesome. Nothing really extraordinary, but it's cool they chose two GNR songs in the same show. One of those dance teachers must really be a fan  Cool

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:19:46 AM by Ignatius » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2009, 01:43:06 PM »

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/07/17/aol-radios-all-request-station-tues-july-21st/

It's back by popular demand!

On June 10th, thousands of people participated in our first radio station programmed entirely by our fans. The response was overwhelming and we received thousands of requests in a 12 hour period.

This Tuesday, July 21 from 12 pm ET to 7 pm ET, fans will once again be able to request their favorite songs using Twitter to be played on our "All Request" radio station, which will launch at midnight, July 22nd on http://www.aolradio.com. If the song is in our library, we WILL put it in the playlist. The station will be available on AOL Radio for one week.

As before, to request a song on Tuesday you must tweet publically the artist name, song title and hashtag it with #aolradiorequest:

Artist Name, Song Title #aolradiorequest
(example: Daughtry, No Surprise, #aolradiorequest)

You can request as many songs as you'd like, or request the same song over and over during the time period. All tweet requests MUST be in your public feed. No replies to @aolradio or direct messages (DMs) will be accepted.
Last time, Michael Johns, Collective Soul and David Cook fans prevailed. Which bands will get the most requests this time? Remember: The more votes a song gets, the more often it will be played on the station.

We look forward to your requests (and playing them) next week!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »

Looks like we've got our work cut out for us.

aolradioLooks like the Michael Johns and David Cook fans will try to dominate again tomorrow...will any other bands' fans step up?
about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

Tomorrow's Twitter Request Day (re: who will get the most requests)

Seems like Collective Soul, The Script and David Archuleta fans are taking the challenge too...should be interesting tomorrow!
about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

Wondering which new band fans will emerge as well...

But remember: You don't have to rally around one band or song...we received hundreds of song requests last time and put them all in...
about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck

So request whatever you like, as many times as you'd like. As long as it's from 12 to 7 pm ET

We're not taking requests until Noon Eastern Time tomorrow. At Noon, tweet your request as follows: Artist, Song Title #aolradiorequest

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/07/17/aol-radios-all-request-station-tues-july-21st/

It's back by popular demand!

On June 10th, thousands of people participated in our first radio station programmed entirely by our fans. The response was overwhelming and we received thousands of requests in a 12 hour period.

This Tuesday, July 21 from 12 pm ET to 7 pm ET, fans will once again be able to request their favorite songs using Twitter to be played on our "All Request" radio station, which will launch at midnight, July 22nd on http://www.aolradio.com. If the song is in our library, we WILL put it in the playlist. The station will be available on AOL Radio for one week.

As before, to request a song on Tuesday you must tweet publically the artist name, song title and hashtag it with #aolradiorequest:

Artist Name, Song Title #aolradiorequest
(example: Daughtry, No Surprise, #aolradiorequest)

You can request as many songs as you'd like, or request the same song over and over during the time period. All tweet requests MUST be in your public feed. No replies to @aolradio or direct messages (DMs) will be accepted.
Last time, Michael Johns, Collective Soul and David Cook fans prevailed. Which bands will get the most requests this time? Remember: The more votes a song gets, the more often it will be played on the station.

We look forward to your requests (and playing them) next week!

how do we know whether the entire album Chinese Democracy is in their library or not? we requested TIL a lot last time but it didnt get played. you would imagine they'll have the whole album.

confusing!
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2009, 09:18:37 AM »

Cool.

Just need to figure out what time it will be here in Brazil when it starts.
 hihi

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2009, 09:40:03 AM »

Cool.

Just need to figure out what time it will be here in Brazil when it starts.
 hihi
It starts in a little over 2 hours.  2 hours and 20 minutes to be exact.

Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2009, 10:36:50 AM »

^^^^
Ok, thanks!

So, have we decided on asking for just 3 or 4 songs over and over, or can I ask every single one over and over?

=)

I've got an itchy finger
And blow them all away
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2009, 10:44:39 AM »

^^^^
Ok, thanks!

So, have we decided on asking for just 3 or 4 songs over and over, or can I ask every single one over and over?

=)
You can ask every single one if you want.  Some are of the opinion that it might be best to just focus on a few specific songs but I don't think we ever came to a consensus.  Any new Guns will do I'd say.  They seem to be tracking which bands have the most votes, not specific songs.

Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »

Ok then, see you in an hour or so.
 Smiley

I've got an itchy finger
And blow them all away
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2009, 11:27:44 AM »

30 mins to go

People, get ready to Tweet
GNR, a song title #aolradiorequest.
Example :Guns N Roses, this i love #aolradiorequest

each tweet should be for one song and the artist.

aolradio says Request as many songs, as many times as you want. More votes a song gets, more often it will play. Get your friends & fans involved.6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

wonder if other boards know this...if not please tell them. the more the merrier.

how do we know whether the entire album Chinese Democracy is in their library or not? we requested TIL a lot last time but it didnt get played. you would imagine they'll have the whole album.

confusing!
Not that i'm certain but I think they played it.

I don't think they'd get the 13 songs off itune when they could get  the album of 14 songs.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »

Just started.

I requested: Guns N' Roses, Riad N' The Bedouins #aolradiorequest

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »

Let's go!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2009, 12:32:30 PM »

Seems like David Cook fans are more enthusiastic:

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23aolradiorequest

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2009, 12:53:59 PM »

just requested 5 songs  Tongue
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »

i've reached my limit of twittering for the hour.  rant
i'm haveing a break.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »

C'mon people!

I voted twice for SOD and once for TIL.
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »

I voted once for every single song off CD.

=)

I?ll be back

I've got an itchy finger
And blow them all away
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2009, 01:36:04 PM »

I'm at work right now, but I'll try and request here and there when I get a moment.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »

I still think we should pick ONE song and pimp it.

if we all request different songs, nothing is going to be in the top 10

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: