Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 11:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Request GN'R CD tracks today on AOL Radio using your Twitter page
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Request GN'R CD tracks today on AOL Radio using your Twitter page  (Read 36485 times)
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2009, 09:43:41 PM »

I wonder how many listeners AOL Radio has?

i was wondering about the same thing.

i caught Better earlier and Prostitute is on right now. i thought there were more requests for This I Love and There Was a Time but i guess not.
Axlover
Opening Act

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »

DAMN Damn Damn, I'm always a day late and a dollar short! Hope I don't miss it next time. I'll join Twitter now just so I can promote CD next time they do this.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2009, 12:49:04 PM »

DAMN Damn Damn, I'm always a day late and a dollar short! Hope I don't miss it next time. I'll join Twitter now just so I can promote CD next time they do this.

good preparation. yes

lets support our democracy.

and please follow aolradio http://twitter.com/aolradio cos the station actually plays our requests.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »

They are going to have another soon

I went and ran my mouth and told them that GNR will contend this time

so let's get this shit organized and get to the top.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »

I'm getting a Twitter, but sorry guys, I won't be posting any updates regarding my bowel movements or who I will be hanging out with.

D, I've got your back!

Do other boards know about this?  Since we are always winning meaningless polls in Iceland and Djibouti (no offense to Icelanders and Djiboutans) I don't see how we can't win this thing!

Organize!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2009, 08:55:50 PM »

Gonna try to get a couple forums i post on to do this

I am gonna text a song every few seconds for hours

I was too polite last time but I am gonna let the request whoring begin

rabia
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2009, 09:37:57 PM »

when they do this again, I am going to go around to all GNR sites and post with instructions how to do it and will get my MMA forum to request as well. ok

that would be awesome. we need to pounce the next time they open the requests. Grin

maybe we should decide on a narrowed down list of CD songs concentrating on 2-3 at most. they said that every song that was requested will be played but so far I've only come across Better and Prostitute and nobody has reported hearing This I Love or Madagascar or Scraped even though they were requested too. those that were requested a lot like that kris allen no boundaries song or that other American Idol winner guy's song are played over and over.

if we can get a CD song up in that most requested list, we will plant it firmly in a few people's heads.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »

hey, Scraped is on! Grin

i hope people are listening in to this request radio. we made it work!
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »

Twitter account ready for next time!!
Just need an explanation on how to request before that day comes.

Grin

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »

last time, we just had to type Guns N Roses, "a song title", #aolradiorequest in the bubble undernieth "What are you doing?" at the top of your page. As they said they were airing it live till the18th, better stay tuned for the next request day perhaps. Following the aolradio dude is recommended.

hey, Scraped is on! Grin

I missed it. Sad

So far prostitute (quite frequent), better Chinese Democracy shacklers street of dreams Madagascar twat rhad and scraped have been played.
Boy, aren't they all great single materials? Even 6 min+ long prostitute feels rather short when actually aired.

I'm tuning in to it as much as i can. skipping heavily rotating songs as much as I can. lest I should hear 'do the helen kella' in my dream. nervous
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2009, 07:46:39 PM »

last time, we just had to type Guns N Roses, "a song title", #aolradiorequest in the bubble undernieth "What are you doing?" at the top of your page. As they said they were airing it live till the18th, better stay tuned for the next request day perhaps. Following the aolradio dude is recommended.

hey, Scraped is on! Grin

I missed it. Sad

So far prostitute (quite frequent), better Chinese Democracy shacklers street of dreams Madagascar twat rhad and scraped have been played.
Boy, aren't they all great single materials? Even 6 min+ long prostitute feels rather short when actually aired.

I'm tuning in to it as much as i can. skipping heavily rotating songs as much as I can. lest I should hear 'do the helen kella' in my dream. nervous

i didnt know that Chinese Democracy and Madagascar had also been played. did they play the film samples and speech parts from Maddy?

seeing as Prostitute and Better got a very good run this time, we should leave those two songs out the next time the requests open.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »

aolradioRemember: Tweet Request Day 2 happening Tues. 7/21. Details will be posted on aolradioblog.com this Thurs. 7/16 incl. new rules and times
34 minutes ago from TweetDeck

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »

new rules

i didnt know that Chinese Democracy and Madagascar had also been played. did they play the film samples and speech parts from Maddy?

seeing as Prostitute and Better got a very good run this time, we should leave those two songs out the next time the requests open.

are you telling gnr fans what to do? hihi

it was the album version.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »

I am telling u guys right now

we need to have a poll on here and go to all the sites and have a poll

and whatever song wins, we all request like hell

We sort of defeat ourselves by requesting 14 different songs

we should concentrate on one like Prostitute or something and make that the one everyone votes for and I guarantee we could push it into the top spot or at least top 5.

rabia
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2009, 01:21:27 AM »

hehe! no ppbebe, im just proposing a plan of action.

i suggest that we leave Prostitute and Better out as they got exposure last time. i imagine that the same fansites that received info of this request oppurtunity last time will hear of it again this time and many of the same people would request again and then tune in again.

theyve been acquainted with Prostitute and Better so this is our chance to acquaint them to other songs from CD this time.

i think we should go for 2 songs so that we concentrate our numbers. every requested song is supposed to be played so even if we cant get both in the most played list, the other will still get circulation.

i would propose There Was a Time and This I Love. i think both have instant commercial appeal though i dont know if TWAT's length would put it at a disadvantage in terms of number of plays given.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2009, 08:53:12 AM »

I think TWAT and TIL are good choices, maybe If The World.  TWAT is around the same length as Prostitute unless they cut out the instrumental outro in that song.  I don't think length would be a problem.  I agree though, I think we should narrow our focus down.  We'll have to see what their "new rules" are too.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »

If The World is the best song for this by far.  It's catchy, will appeal to the widest audience base, will surprise people, there is nothing out there like it, yet it could still be played on pop stations.  And it rocks hard.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »

lets leave them as suggestions because i don't think gnr fans like to be bossed about by fellow fans.  Tongue

and we gotta pay heed to the new rules. maybe this time they are gonna count out repeated requests for a song from a twitter account.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2009, 12:19:14 PM »

lets leave them as suggestions because i don't think gnr fans like to be bossed about by fellow fans.  Tongue

Very wise.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2009, 10:55:48 PM »

If The World is the best song for this by far.  It's catchy, will appeal to the widest audience base, will surprise people, there is nothing out there like it, yet it could still be played on pop stations.  And it rocks hard.

If The World is one of my favorite songs off CD but the danger is that people just start saying "oh, that doesnt sound like GNRRRRR" and not give it a chance.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: