Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 03:34:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228088 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Request GN'R CD tracks today on AOL Radio using your Twitter page
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Request GN'R CD tracks today on AOL Radio using your Twitter page  (Read 36428 times)
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2009, 11:42:11 PM »

actually, ppbebe, youre the one who seems be having a needless meltdown here and seems needlessly "offended" by God knows what. im quite tired of GN'R fans' constant in-fighting based around "hypotheticals". nobody is suggesting the "hypotheticals" you keep constructing but you insist on A, continuing to construct them and B, continuing to protest them. i dont see the uitility of either. whats the point of the constant "if someone were to compel others" etc etc when nobody is? we're trying to talk based on REAL-LIFE scenarios, not imaginary ones.

again, nobody is suggesting that we do the "wanky and hollow" thing of making multiple accounts etc, so whats the point of that diatribe? you seem to be having a conversation with yourself here.

secondly, nobody said anything about anything being "owed between fans and bands" and nobody has REMOTELY suggested going insane with multiple accounts etc training for the next tweet session like it was an olympic even with mottos of "winning is everything" etc.  Roll Eyes

but the point of this tweeting thing is to help other listeners become acquainted with CD and the best way of doing that is hopefully getting a song into the top ten. if you dont agree with this objective, sure. but those who do are free to discuss it and put up a poll etc. putting up a poll on a fan forum is a NORMAL activity and does NOT constitute an A, obligation B, compulsion C, any kind of a fascist exercise. the idea is to make a collective decision on THIS board based on free expression of opinions. NOBODY has any control over what anybody does on twitter, whether they chose to or not to make a single tweet is entirely up to them.

as for the "time killer" business, if anybody wants to make time to request CD songs multiple times, i say more power to them. i certainly wouldnt slight them with titles like "time killer". i'll appreciate their effort.

i seriously doubt that The Script fans "only" like one song by that band.  Grin they had no way of knowing in advance that they would accumulate 100 pages which could theoretically be enough to get 2 or maybe 3 songs in the top ten. thats another "hypothetical" thats being pulled out of thin air. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:44:23 PM by rabia » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2009, 01:01:22 PM »

actually, ppbebe, youre the one who seems be having a needless meltdown here and seems needlessly "offended" by God knows what. im quite tired of GN'R fans' constant in-fighting based around "hypotheticals". nobody is suggesting the "hypotheticals" you keep constructing but you insist on A, continuing to construct them and B, continuing to protest them. i dont see the uitility of either. whats the point of the constant "if someone were to compel others" etc etc when nobody is? 

For the last time
Stop with your twists. If anything offensive, these are. Unless your name is our merry friend axlroseven.

I never said anyone here was suggesting these. All I'm saying is that it's important to make people feel free to participate in the tweet event. Before you say you never said blah I'm not saying anyone here is trying to make people feel uncomfortable.

I've talked generalities relating to the event. People who're long enough in the net fan community would get that.

as for the poll I've said this from the start.

it's all voluntary it's a good idea for the forums to decide what song/few songs to push heavily but people should be free to tweet for other songs as well.

i personally love just every song on cd so whatever we decided i'd request all songs at least 3 times. Tongue

My suggestion is that when we do it, add that (Providing the rule is the same next time)

Besides the target song(s), any tweet for any song you like off cd is appreciated. You can either tweet as many songs as many times you like or the target song(s) as many times you like and that's easy and fun.

agree or disagree?
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »

again ppbebe, nobody is "twisting" anything. im simply expressing my point of view which i am well within my right to do.

you keep coming up with "generalities" and "hypotheticals" which nobody has proposed- this is important because generalities and hypotheticals are only useful if they are going to lead to reality.

ALL that has been proposed here is starting a poll and mutually deciding the shortlist of songs for next time based on people's opinions. there is NO reason to believe that that should make anybody feel "not free". how exactly a poll suggests to you a "compulsion" where people wont be able to request any other songs is mystifying. a poll is a consultative device, not a coercive one. sure if people want to request other songs too i dont see anybody objecting and how exactly is anybody expected to stop them anyway? the hope is to organize ourselves to acheive more next time.

and i dont think you speak for people long enough in the net community etc.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2009, 01:31:36 PM »

can't you answer my question?

i never said anybody has proposed these. plus the generalities are already the reality.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »

come on I'm waiting. it's this question.

My suggestion is that when we do it, add that (Providing the rule is the same next time)

Besides the target song(s), any tweet for any song you like off cd is appreciated. You can either tweet as many songs as many times you like or the target song(s) as many times you like and that's easy and fun.

agree or disagree?
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2009, 02:00:30 PM »

come on I'm waiting. it's this question.

agree or disagree?

haha! still being overly dramatic, i see. Smiley

read my post. A, NOBODY has objected to people requesting other songs and that includes me. shouldnt leave any mystery about whether I agree or disagree. Smiley

B, nobody HAS ANY power to STOP anybody from requesting other songs so the entire point of your protests about "compulsions", "obligations" etc is entirely non-existent. Smiley you keep protesting something which A, nobody has proposed and B, nobody could impose even if they HAD proposed it.

see the absolute illogicality of the exercise? looks to me like you just enjoy protesting simply for the sake of it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2009, 03:48:08 PM »

protesting what?  confused

B, nobody HAS ANY power to STOP anybody from requesting other songs so the entire point of your protests about "compulsions", "obligations" etc is entirely non-existent. Smiley you keep protesting something which A, nobody has proposed and B, nobody could impose even if they HAD proposed it.

It depends on how you put it. If you tell them just 'request this song!' people who're new to this thing will take it as only for the song and that may well discourage some potential twitters.

again what's my protests? no body is saying anybody here has proposed whatever you're claiming there.
Save these shouts for the day when the polls are taken at other forums.

Anyhoo, I'm not seeing much promotional effect in this. I find it fresh and agreeable that they actually play the requests and the aolradio dude being fair, i might add.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »

again, all that has been discussed is putting up a poll- by its nature a consultative exercise. there's no indication WHATSOEVER that people will be commanded to do anything - new to twitter or old. since you admit that nobody has proposed using this kind of pressure, what are you on about from countless posts? nothing really. just protesting for the sake of it. Smiley

its the same old pointless "hypothetical" you keep pulling out of your long book of pointless hypotheticals and imaginary scenarios. what are you protesting? the supposed injustice of ppl being told "you must request this song" which not a single person has proposed doing.  hihi like i said, manufacturing a threat which doesnt exist then protesting it. Smiley

im "claiming" nothing- just pointing out the hilarious pointlessness of your continuous alarm over "compulsions" that arent even being contemplated.

you may not see much promotional effect in this. i do think its a useful oppurtunity to introduce a few more people to CD songs.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2009, 08:00:04 AM »

Trying to agree to disagree?

We are all in the same boat here (at least the ones who are using twitter to request GNR songs). The point of this thread is telling people they can request GNR songs as many times as they want. The more GNR twitts, the more radio play GNR will get.

Having said that, we've done this twice already. I believe we should be more organized next time. I don't want to push people to request a particular song, but WE all want Chinese Democracy to reach as many listeners as we possibly can and maybe the idea of narrowing our requests to just a few songs will probably push GNR higher next time.

The poll will just give people an idea of what song they can request if they feel like it. ppbebe, I do understand people should request whatever song they want, but the point of twitting GNR is to help GNR get more airplay. By focusing in one or two songs, people will probably get to listen GNR more than they would if we all request all 14 songs from CD each. 

I don't think by having a poll people will be turned off by the idea of twitting GNR. Members here know the score, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Anyway, next time we can all decide what's best.

peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2009, 10:58:02 AM »

again, all that has been discussed is putting up a poll- by its nature a consultative exercise. there's no indication WHATSOEVER that people will be commanded to do anything - new to twitter or old. since you admit that nobody has proposed using this kind of pressure, what are you on about from countless posts? nothing really. just protesting for the sake of it. Smiley

its the same old pointless "hypothetical" you keep pulling out of your long book of pointless hypotheticals and imaginary scenarios. what are you protesting? the supposed injustice of ppl being told "you must request this song" which not a single person has proposed doing.  hihi like i said, manufacturing a threat which doesnt exist then protesting it. Smiley

im "claiming" nothing- just pointing out the hilarious pointlessness of your continuous alarm over "compulsions" that arent even being contemplated.

you may not see much promotional effect in this. i do think its a useful oppurtunity to introduce a few more people to CD songs.

it's not much promotional effect is it? but something make us smile.

i Admit what? I kept saying I never claimed anyone here was trying to do whatever for gods sake. it's your false charge made against me in your countless posts. obviously you either didn't read my posts or were without comprehension. Why can't you just admit that?

Another quick example. Read my post nowhere I claimed that.

We aren't even sure if there's a next time. Talking about the next event is already a hypothesis.
Saying if focused, win- this is a hypothesis as well. the rules are also subject to change.

Making deductions from past data and facts is essential if you aim at efficiency.
When that tells something you don't like, it's pointless and useless?

You were after "winning" in an argument that didn't even exist and now you're into bitchfest. I'm not. I'm into civil and constructive discussions and fun. Do you know that a discussion is not about whether win or lose? and since I've made my point clear already, I stop replying to you here, even if you're still into ruining the thread. tara!.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »

I thought it was clear that Ignatiues pretty much asked you two to stop.....

Take it to PMs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »

We are all in the same boat here (at least the ones who are using twitter to request GNR songs). The point of this thread is telling people they can request GNR songs as many times as they want. The more GNR twitts, the more radio play GNR will get.

Having said that, we've done this twice already. I believe we should be more organized next time. I don't want to push people to request a particular song, but WE all want Chinese Democracy to reach as many listeners as we possibly can and maybe the idea of narrowing our requests to just a few songs will probably push GNR higher next time.

The poll will just give people an idea of what song they can request if they feel like it. ppbebe, I do understand people should request whatever song they want, but the point of twitting GNR is to help GNR get more airplay. By focusing in one or two songs, people will probably get to listen GNR more than they would if we all request all 14 songs from CD each. 

I don't think by having a poll people will be turned off by the idea of twitting GNR. Members here know the score, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

i meant the potential twitters. and fans in other forums  not the ones with twitter accounts who already twitted for cd .

To be honest I'm quite happy with the past results which get cd songs into moderate rotation considering that not so many forum fans tweet. Faldor n me made accounts because of this.

altho We here outnumber aol followers, we at there were outnumbered by some other band twitters.

about the rest, i have no particular objection

Because it's about Chinese Democracy,
I attach the importance to fan's participation. the awareness about your rights to choose your music yourselves.

So my idea of organized move is that

as soon as the next event is announced, tell forums about it, that they do play requests, and that the aol dude is fair, he mentioned us a few times in the past. Your every tweet will be counted. how about it!

Take polls decide on the target(s) and at the same time also encourage people to tweet for cd songs besides our target if they like.

the more the merrier.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »

it's not much promotional effect is it? but something make us smile.

i Admit what? I kept saying I never claimed anyone here was trying to do whatever for gods sake. it's your false charge made against me in your countless posts. obviously you either didn't read my posts or were without comprehension. Why can't you just admit that?

Another quick example. Read my post nowhere I claimed that.

We aren't even sure if there's a next time. Talking about the next event is already a hypothesis.
Saying if focused, win- this is a hypothesis as well. the rules are also subject to change.

Making deductions from past data and facts is essential if you aim at efficiency.
When that tells something you don't like, it's pointless and useless?

You were after "winning" in an argument that didn't even exist and now you're into bitchfest. I'm not. I'm into civil and constructive discussions and fun. Do you know that a discussion is not about whether win or lose? and since I've made my point clear already, I stop replying to you here, even if you're still into ruining the thread. tara!.

its irrelevant how big of a promotional effect this initiative will have. it presents an oppurtunity and thats good enough for me. i comprehended your posts perfectly. you seem to be continuously confusing the idea of putting up a poll and collective action with coercion which not a single person is proposing.

its a "hypothesis" that this intitiative will happen again? no, actually, its a pretty good guess considering the fact that the response this time was better than last time and so AOL has incentive to continue. also, its not a "hypothesis" that organized action can lead to top ten play- like i said The Spirit fans showed the value of such collective action. making deductions from past data is PRECISELY what im doing- you seem unable to understand that spreading ourselves too thin costs us airplay. EFFICIENCY is better served by organization.

an argument certainly didnt exist because nobody was proposing coercion which is what you continuously opposed- yet nobody had ever proposed it. Smiley working collectively strengthens us as a fan community, yet you continuously confuse it with "telling people what to do".

as for "civil" discussion, if you believe in it hopefully you can do a better job of living by that belief next time.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »

Anyway, next time we can all decide what's best.

peace

i agree, i dont think having a poll should turn anybody off. internet using fans are well aware of their rights and know that nobody has any power to coerce them into tweeting at all- far from tweeting only for the songs anybody tells you to.

D posted info about this AOL thing on other forums last time and when he (or somebody else) does it next time they can add that collectively focusing on certain songs (the ones preferred in our poll) would be more productive for the overall results. individual fans can then decide for themselves whether they want to follow the focused approach or do it differently.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2009, 06:21:35 PM »

It's that time again.  The following are tweets from aolradio.

For the announcement you've been waiting for: We're doing Tweet Requests all next week, 10/26 - 10/30....(to be cont)

Everyday next week, from 3 pm - 5 pm ET, tweet your requests and IMMEDIATELY hear them at 5 pm for 24 hours. (cont)

At 5 pm, we will refresh the playlist to include songs requested that day.

I'll be posting this info on aolradioblog.com just so it will be more clear. I will also include in the post how you should request ur songs

Like before, the more requests we get for a song, the more likely they'll be played. However, we will NOT be holding any kind of competition

...to see who will get the most requests. This is more about playing songs you want to hear.

If it's in our library, we will play it! So 4 the next week, think of the songs u want to hear and prep. 2 request them next week

Remember though: Only taking requests from 3-5 pm ET each day next week and only during that time period.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: