Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:53:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot touring w/ Lita Ford..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot touring w/ Lita Ford..  (Read 37217 times)
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 12:58:36 PM »

Maybe the guy just wants to play music because that's what he does for a living.

god, where have i heard that excuse before?

Why is that an excuse? You tell us what you would do if you were him?

look, i don't want to sound confrontational or stir shit up, even with people who want nothing more than to start shit around here.  i'll just say it simply... if i was in gnr, gnr would be my sole priority.  if there was something keeping gnr from touring or recording, solving that problem would be the sole focus of my energies.  not finding another band to jam with.  this is what axl expected of former gunners.  i don't see why it's too much to ask of the band these days.

But that does not seem to be these guys role in the band.  Their roles from what I can tell are to play good music when they are onstage or in the studio.  Axl is the handler.  I'm sure he doesn't expect BBF, Dizzy, Richard, Brain/Frank, Pitt, Ashba,Tommy to be working out the business problems that plague Axl and this band.  I could be wrong but it just seems that way since it seems that Axl has carried this load forever now.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »

while you listen to the GREATEST BAND EVER with the GREATEST MUSIC EVER.  ok

Why is it that you post your whiny posts in every other thread in the GN'R section?

It seems like, at least lately, you don't seem to contribute anything positive at all.

If you have evidence of the opposite, I'd be more than happy to apologize for my wrong assumption.

/jarmo

Jarmo, buddy, there is absolutely nothing positive going on right now to talk about.  How anybody who considers themselves a die-hard fan could not be a tad concerned with the state of the band right now is just beyond me.  I mean, I get the eternal omptimist thing, you do have a board to run, but things are just silly with this band right now. 

At any rate, at least we get what the guy at Talking Metal meant when he said "Don't expect any GN'R tour news until at least 2010."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »

look, i don't want to sound confrontational or stir shit up, even with people who want nothing more than to start shit around here.  i'll just say it simply... if i was in gnr, gnr would be my sole priority.  if there was something keeping gnr from touring or recording, solving that problem would be the sole focus of my energies.  not finding another band to jam with.  this is what axl expected of former gunners.  i don't see why it's too much to ask of the band these days.

Do you walk into your employer's office and tell them how to run their business? I suspect not. They are payed to play music, not work in management. They play music when they are asked. For whatever reason right now they are not being asked to do so. I am sure if there were tasks Axl thought they could solve that would speed up the process of getting on the road he would do so. Obviously that is not happening. Loyalty of the band members to GNR is hardly what is keeping the band in neutral right now.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »

Jarmo, buddy, there is absolutely nothing positive going on right now to talk about. 

You got the album. Listen to it and enjoy the summer.  ok

How anybody who considers themselves a die-hard fan could not be a tad concerned with the state of the band right now is just beyond me. 

Oh, is that concern?

What about unhappy disappointed fans of the present?  Is this a place that these people can voice their opinions?

If you truly are that unhappy, maybe you need to take a break and do something that makes you happy?

I wish one of these unhappy fans would explain to me what good it does to constantly whine about shit day in and day out.

How does it help?

I get that it might make that person feel better to vent. But at the same time, you have to think "does this interest anybody else?".

The constant whining through the years has not helped so far has it? When you realize that it doesn't do any good, maybe you'll try something else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »

i'll just say it simply... if i was in gnr, gnr would be my sole priority.  if there was something keeping gnr from touring or recording, solving that problem would be the sole focus of my energies.  not finding another band to jam with.  this is what axl expected of former gunners.  i don't see why it's too much to ask of the band these days.

Falun,

You should write Axl a letter letting him know that this is how you would operate if given the chance. You never know when the next guitar player opening may become available.

Judging by the past, it seems to be what ... every 2-3 years? Spend as much time as you can  practicing the solos. I can see the gnr.com update in 2011 now: 'Falungong69 named the newest gunner'.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »

OOn topic

I heard of her. I saw this article the other day while googling for GNR news.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=121046

and learned it was her who sang the classic cherry bomb!

dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »

Haha, im sorry if we share some different opinions jarmo.

Why do you (as in a group of people) always use the excuse of your opinion when you just whine day in and day out?

"It's my opinion and you don't respect it because we disagree!  crying "

The truth is, I don't give a fuck if you have a different opinion. This place isn't for a bunch of unhappy bitter fans of the past. Do you get that?

If you're here, you're here because you think GN'R is awesome and you wish them the best.

If you're here because you think GN'R was only awesome in 1987, you're on the wrong fucking site.

"GN'R isn't doing what I want them to do for me!  crying "

Eat a cookie and shut the fuck up!

Problem solved.  Cheesy

I just feel like a lot of people are getting very frustrated with the lack of feedback from the band.

That's ALWAYS the case! Haven't you fucking noticed?

When the band was on tour, some were just frustrated because there was no release date. "All we want is the album" was the phrase of the time.

/jarmo

There's another pretty frustrated guy ...

I thougt that this was an GNR fan site, where everybody could share his opinion about the band they love.

I realy love GNR, they are part of my life, and that is the reason that i don't happily see them going down the toilet
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:56:41 PM by dash » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »

I thougt that this was an GNR fan site, where everybody could share his opinion about the band they love.

Could you or somebody else explain to me why the so called opinions only focus on the negative aspects?

So many of these people don't bother posting anything positive.

So I'm wondering, are their opinions just negative (and if that's the case, they're on the wrong site!), if not, why are they only posting their opinions when they can whine?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2009, 02:01:32 PM »

From Eddie Trunk...

Ran into Bumblefoot at the event who is going to be doing some live shows with Lita Ford this Summer.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/410511/pid/401816

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »

They aren't ... I Love GNR, I Love Ch Dem, I Love Axl, I used to Love Robin, I Love old GNR, I love new Gnr, I loved the gigs i attended, but i hate the current band status, and the many negative opinions are due to that, but i have no doubts that everybody here his concerned with the band as you are Jarno.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »

I think BBF's collaboration with Lita is getting waaay to blown out of proportion. I'm sure he is well aware that the chances of a GNR tour anytime soon are pretty non-existant. Especially if these "Axl is holed up in his mansion, firing his manager" rumors are even remotely true.

I think we should just enjoy the BBF/Lita thing while Axl continues battling whatever demons that seem to be trying to bring him down at the moment.

Lita kicked some ass in the 80s. Wouldn't mind seeing what she can do in 2009.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009, 03:28:21 PM »

What about unhappy disappointed fans of the present?  Is this a place that these people can voice their opinions?

If you truly are that unhappy, maybe you need to take a break and do something that makes you happy?

I wish one of these unhappy fans would explain to me what good it does to constantly whine about shit day in and day out.

How does it help?

I get that it might make that person feel better to vent. But at the same time, you have to think "does this interest anybody else?".

The constant whining through the years has not helped so far has it? When you realize that it doesn't do any good, maybe you'll try something else.

/jarmo

I equated unhappy to disappointed, and not being content with the stagnant state that GNR seems to be in, hence the reason BBF is gigging with Ford obviously.  That's what I meant by unhappy in relation to the discussion.  I'm fine with things the way they are now.  Do I wish they would get out and tour?  Of course.  I would much rather see BBF with Axl than with Lita.  Actually not being a fan of Litas means I won't be seeing BBF until he is with Axl or someone else I like.

At any rate it almost sounds like falungong is starting to turn on this great line up of musicians that Axl has surrounded himself with.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009, 04:10:28 PM »

At any rate it almost sounds like falungong is starting to turn on this great line up of musicians that Axl has surrounded himself with.

No, he is just being a selfish non-supportive fan who thinks he knows more about what the band members should be doing than they do. It is ignorant to think that there are things they could be doing for the band to get things going but instead choosing to go out and tour with other artists leaving Axl all alone to do everything himself. Yet that is what this board member is doing. It is insulting to Bumblefoot and the others he implicates as not being loyal. I am sure these band members have all run their projects by Axl, who has then given his blessing most likely to do them if he didn't have something GNR related he would rather have them doing.

Anyone who thinks that Bumblefoot would do anything to interfere with the band's forward progress is not a fan of GNR at all no matter how much they otherwise claim. Falungong is clearly not a fan of this line-up that he would infer any of these members would openly try and undermine all that Axl is working to do. It is fans like him that keep us from getting updates.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 04:16:49 PM »

Now that's funny.

/jarmo

The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »

Anyone who thinks that Bumblefoot would do anything to interfere with the band's forward progress is not a fan of GNR at all no matter how much they otherwise claim. Falungong is clearly not a fan of this line-up that he would infer any of these members would openly try and undermine all that Axl is working to do. It is fans like him that keep us from getting updates.

Not to mention that anybody who thinks that Bumblefoot could do that clearly has no clue of what kind of guy Ron Thal is...
Bumblefoot is the one member of the nu-GnR who has given the most interviews about GnR so far. He is the one who spent so much time answering GnR mails when he was recruited that his hands began to give him trouble with his guitar playing. He is the one who went on a promo tour in Europe by himself. He had a guitar designed especially for this upcoming tour.

Give him a fuckin' break. If someone did his job correctly in GnR promoting Chinese Democracy it is Ron Thal and don't start giving him lessons about loyalty when all you care about is actually your own enjoyment. If a tour does not happen, you can't possibly ask him to stay on his ass forever. Plus, it's not as if he joined Faith no More or something...

Chill out, listen to Chinese Democracy. A  tour will eventually happen.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:27:50 PM by The Glow Inc. » Logged
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »

Ironic isn't it.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »

Could you or somebody else explain to me why the so called opinions only focus on the negative aspects?

So many of these people don't bother posting anything positive.

So I'm wondering, are their opinions just negative (and if that's the case, they're on the wrong site!), if not, why are they only posting their opinions when they can whine?

/jarmo

Jarmo, I think we're all happy we got CD.  That should be a given.  But why do I feel like if tomorrow Axl publicly fired every member of the current band along with Azoff and told everyone not to expect a tour any time soon, you'd still chastize the fans who were outwardly upset about it, telling us to go listen to CD and be happy.  It just doesnt work like that.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 05:30:12 PM »

but Axl hasn't publicly fired every member of the current band along with Azoff and told everyone not to expect a tour any time soon has he? or will he? confused

worries are waste of time.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 05:53:42 PM »

Jarmo, I think we're all happy we got CD.  That should be a given.  But why do I feel like if tomorrow Axl publicly fired every member of the current band along with Azoff and told everyone not to expect a tour any time soon, you'd still chastize the fans who were outwardly upset about it, telling us to go listen to CD and be happy.  It just doesnt work like that.

There are cases where I understand that people are upset or disappointed. But to me it seems like those feelings are what some people are feeling the majority of the time!

They let these feelings "rule" so to speak. Don't you think you need to find something that'll make you happy if that's the case? Take a break or something.

Bitching about stuff day in and day out. For what fucking good?

I still would love to know what this whining has accomplished through the years that you (the ones who do this) have been posting the same old shit? Do you (not necessarily the poster I quoted) think the record came out because you whined about it for ten years?

Don't you get tired of doing it over and over again when you realize that it's not doing any good?

Or is your only comfort that you can maybe bring others down to your level as well? I mean, if you're not happy, nobody else should be allowed to be either right?

/jarmo

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 06:57:57 PM »

Haha, im sorry if we share some different opinions jarmo.

Why do you (as in a group of people) always use the excuse of your opinion when you just whine day in and day out?

"It's my opinion and you don't respect it because we disagree!  crying "

The truth is, I don't give a fuck if you have a different opinion. This place isn't for a bunch of unhappy bitter fans of the past. Do you get that?

If you're here, you're here because you think GN'R is awesome and you wish them the best.

If you're here because you think GN'R was only awesome in 1987, you're on the wrong fucking site.

"GN'R isn't doing what I want them to do for me!  crying "

Eat a cookie and shut the fuck up!

Problem solved.  Cheesy

I just feel like a lot of people are getting very frustrated with the lack of feedback from the band.

That's ALWAYS the case! Haven't you fucking noticed?

When the band was on tour, some were just frustrated because there was no release date. "All we want is the album" was the phrase of the time.

/jarmo

Best post ever. Cool

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: