Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:38:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot touring w/ Lita Ford..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot touring w/ Lita Ford..  (Read 40642 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »

so basically, you have thousands of negative pissed off forum members out there and not really because there is no tour, but because we get silence and no updates and no explanation of why there is no tour.

did you just start following the band recently or have you been ignoring the way GnR has been handling business for the last 15 years?   What is new?

I was hoping once CD came out, all that would change. How hard would it be to post something on the Gnr site saying "due to circumstances beyond our control, we are not able to do a Summer Tour, we apologize to all of our fans who were anticipating coming to see us, but we will do our best to get out there as soon as possible.

Is that asking for too much?

Hate to say it, but I still don't think that would satisfy some people. I would actually wonder what the "circumstances beyond our control" meant exactly if it was stated that way.
I was thinking the same thing.  Just come out and say we are not touring this year.  Does anyone really buy this BS about "circumstances beyoond our control" anymore?  Axl either wants to tour or he doenst.  If we dont get to see him this year, than he doesnt, its really very simple.  If touring was something that only a few bands a year could pull off, than maybe I would buy into that BS. Bands make music and tour. Touring is no different for this band than any other band.

Unfortunately Freddie its not that simple. Im sure promoters are not lining out the door to promote GNR. There touring track record as well as late fee payments at most arenas make them a less than desirable option for most promoters. True they can bring in lots of money but honestly they can be a headache to deal with.

I think you may have pinpointed a big part of the problem. They also don't tour in a very economical way by using the headquarter method. For example, make Chicago the midwest headquarters and fly everyone to and from every show back and forth. Metallica does this too but they are selling out arenas consistently.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2009, 01:30:22 PM »

so basically, you have thousands of negative pissed off forum members out there and not really because there is no tour, but because we get silence and no updates and no explanation of why there is no tour.

did you just start following the band recently or have you been ignoring the way GnR has been handling business for the last 15 years?   What is new?

I was hoping once CD came out, all that would change. How hard would it be to post something on the Gnr site saying "due to circumstances beyond our control, we are not able to do a Summer Tour, we apologize to all of our fans who were anticipating coming to see us, but we will do our best to get out there as soon as possible.

Is that asking for too much?

Hate to say it, but I still don't think that would satisfy some people. I would actually wonder what the "circumstances beyond our control" meant exactly if it was stated that way.
I was thinking the same thing.  Just come out and say we are not touring this year.  Does anyone really buy this BS about "circumstances beyoond our control" anymore?  Axl either wants to tour or he doenst.  If we dont get to see him this year, than he doesnt, its really very simple.  If touring was something that only a few bands a year could pull off, than maybe I would buy into that BS. Bands make music and tour. Touring is no different for this band than any other band.

Unfortunately Freddie its not that simple. Im sure promoters are not lining out the door to promote GNR. There touring track record as well as late fee payments at most arenas make them a less than desirable option for most promoters. True they can bring in lots of money but honestly they can be a headache to deal with.

I think you may have pinpointed a big part of the problem. They also don't tour in a very economical way by using the headquarter method. For example, make Chicago the midwest headquarters and fly everyone to and from every show back and forth. Metallica does this too but they are selling out arenas consistently.

Then again I dont think Metallica is a pain in the ass to deal with. While GNR can sell out arenas like Metallica can, they pose a problem with promoters because of the threat of cancelled shows as well as late fees ( venues have to pay overtime to employees after a certain time).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2009, 01:53:42 PM »

You need to realize that GN'R doesn't really cancel more shows than other acts.

It's a bullshit excuse used by misinformed people who don't want to look at the facts.

Look at the European tour of 2006 or the 2007 tour of Mexico, Australia and Japan.

They canceled some shows in the USA. But not on the scale that some of you want us to believe. It's like you think the 2002 tour is the norm for GN'R.  Roll Eyes

Lauren Hill just canceled a full European tour. These things happen.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »

that's why he said on his facebook he had two days to learn 15 songs, okay...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »

It's a bullshit excuse used by misinformed people who don't want to look at the facts.

/jarmo

They may not cancel more than others, but they're certainly up on that list.

I think that they could very well be #1 on the list of late starts and cancellations that result in riots.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »

Look at the European tour of 2006 or the 2007 tour of Mexico, Australia and Japan.

They canceled some shows in the USA. But not on the scale that some of you want us to believe. It's like you think the 2002 tour is the norm for GN'R.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Jarmo, 

But you would agree with me that with all of the problems that they have had over the years ( cancelations, riots, late time starts) that some promoters and sponsors would be hesitant to put money behind a GNR tour. I honestly feel that that is part of the holdup right now.
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »

/jarmo

Indeed, and Lauren's career is following the same trajectory as Rose's.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »

Ron is playing on the same show as Adler's Appetite

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm could be interesting

Which show is this?

4th of July

Toyota Park Festival
Bridgeville, IL

beer

Bridgeview Musicfest
Lita Ford, Warrant, Lynch Mob, LA Guns, Adlers Appetite, Enuff Znuff, The Leftovers
Saturday, July 04, 2009 at 3 PM

Tickets on sale Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Tickets: All ages... $10/day or $15 for 2 day pass (July 3 & 4) Fireworks Display at 9PM!

Parking Lot Open: 12 PM
Gates Open: 2PM

I might actually fly out to Illinois for this. I've been looking to make 4th of July plans and I have some frequent flier miles to burn.

Saw 'Appetite' in March. It really was a kick-ass show.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »

/jarmo

let's not spin things here. yeah, shit happens and everyone cancels shows. but...

1) metallica and alot of other bands make those shows up.
2) they also provide information as to why it was canceled.
3) it seems like gnr cancels more shows the day (or night) of the show than anyone else.

but i don't think this is part of the holdup. i think Axl may have very specific demands that are not being met. just a wild guess on my part.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »

So have GN'R.

The Japanese dates did happen. South Africa was two festival dates so the festival went on without GN'R.

I know, you're from Philadelphia so it doesn't really matter to you because your show in 2002 wasn't played.

So has GN'R.

3) it seems like gnr cancels more shows the day (or night) of the show than anyone else.

Do you have some statistics on that or is it just because it happened to you?

By the way, this has nothing to do with Lita Ford & Bumblefoot.

Nice to see one of the "real fans" turn it into a GN'R bash fest again.

Good job.

Next time, I'll just remove the off topic shit. Don't come asking me "where's my post?" if you can't fucking grasp the idea of staying on topic.

There's a few of you that should consider finding another site to post at.

Not the poster I quoted who was sucked into this.

Before anybody named Rob, or Peter decides to reply, don't fucking bother.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:00:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »

So have GN'R.

The Japanese dates did happen. South Africa was two festival dates so the festival went on without GN'R.

I know, you're from Philadelphia so it doesn't really matter to you because your show in 2002 wasn't played.

So has GN'R.

Do you have some statistics on that or is it just because it happened to you?

By the way, this has nothing to do with Lita Ford & Bumblefoot.

Nice to see one of the "real fans" turn it into a GN'R bash fest again.

Good job.

Next time, I'll just remove the off topic shit. Don't come asking me "where's my post?" if you can't fucking grasp the idea of staying on topic.

There's a few of you that should consider finding another site to post at.

Not the poster I quoted who was sucked into this.

Before anybody named Rob, or Peter decides to reply, don't fucking bother.

/jarmo

Why am I being dragged into this? Where did I bash GNR? The only thing I tried to do was offer an explanation to someone on why it isnt so easy for GNR to throw together a tour quickly. Thats all. I never bashed anyone. I feel that my posts are pretty respectful so I would expect the same.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »

I feel that my posts are pretty respectful so I would expect the same.

That wont happen on here unless your posts suit certain people's views but i hear ya mate.  Smiley

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2009, 11:53:36 AM »

That wont happen on here unless your posts suit certain people's views but i hear ya mate.  Smiley

Boohoo!

No, that won't happen here if you're a Slash fan trolling the GN'R section.

/jarmo

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2009, 11:58:45 AM »

Boohoo!

No, that won't happen here if you're a Slash fan trolling the GN'R section.

/jarmo

You have yet to point out my bashing. And how am I a slash fan trolling the GNR section?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »

You have yet to point out my bashing. And how am I a slash fan trolling the GNR section?

What does a GN'R tour and promoters have to do with Lita Ford and Bumblefoot?

That's why your name was mentioned. You dragged this topic totally off topic.

-Rob- is another guy who likes to do similar things.

/jarmo

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »

What does a GN'R tour and promoters have to do with Lita Ford and Bumblefoot?

That's why your name was mentioned. You dragged this topic totally off topic.

-Rob- is another guy who likes to do similar things.

/jarmo

I didn't change the topic. Falungong was blaming BF for the demise of a possible GNR tour. I was just explaining that there may be more to it. Thats all.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2009, 12:11:12 PM »

I didn't change the topic. Falungong was blaming BF for the demise of a possible GNR tour. I was just explaining that there may be more to it. Thats all.

Him saying Bumblefoot leaving for another tour might compromise a GN'R tour is a "reasonable" assumption if you're misinformed.

To then start taking the thread off topic by talking about canceled shows, "late" starts, promoters etc. has nothing to do with Bumblefoot going on tour with Lita Ford.

There's a difference.

/jarmo

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »

Him saying Bumblefoot leaving for another tour might compromise a GN'R tour is a "reasonable" assumption if you're misinformed.

To then start taking the thread off topic by talking about canceled shows, "late" starts, promoters etc. has nothing to do with Bumblefoot going on tour with Lita Ford.

There's a difference.

/jarmo

Cmon Jarmo,

How is that a "reasonable assumption"?

Do you think that Bumblefoot would jeopardize a chance to make a ton of money touring with GNR in order to tour with Lita Ford who for all honesty is really a nostalgia tour. The crowd for 2 GNR shows would generate alot more money than possibly all of his dates with her. Im pretty sure he had nothing going on and this was purely a financial decision. I didnt change subjects before i was just explaining how other factors might have decided why GNR isnt touring instead of putting the blame on Bumblefoot as Falungong was doing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »

I used the term "reasonable" and also the word misinformed.

Meaning I don't agree with it.

I thought it was apparent.

/jarmo

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2009, 12:25:18 PM »

jarmo, can you please put an end to this?  i really hate how every single topic gets taken over by the same hate mongers and trolls.  you have the power to stop this!  don't feed the trolls.  banish them!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: