Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let's remember just how good Chinese Democracy is....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's remember just how good Chinese Democracy is....  (Read 7775 times)
gav
« on: June 08, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »

Ok so I felt it was time for a resurgence in admiration for the epic work known as Chinese Democracy, released by Guns N? Roses on the 23rd of November 2008.

There is too much shit flying around the boards and a lot of bad vibes, and the recent report from the New York Daily News is merely fuelling this.

So I wanted to start a thread whereby fans can show their appreciation for a truly amazing album.

Right now we shouldn?t care so much about whether a tour is happening, or whether we will ever see new studio music from this band

For me personally, this album is the perfect example of escapism. I come home from work after a shitty day, put this record on, have a jar or two and I feel a whole lot fuckin better.

That?s what music is all about for me, and Chinese Democracy provides it in bucket-loads.

And I'd just like to thank Axl and gnr for that...

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:57:47 AM by Bang Tidy » Logged
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:11:48 PM »

correction... let's remember how GREAT chinese democracy is! 

to me, this album takes me on an emotional roller coaster like nothing else.  i want to beat up people when i listen to the hard hitting stuff like chinese democracy and shackler's revenge.  but then i can get deep and philosophical while listening to street of dreams and madagascar.  and i still get teary eyed when i listen to this i love and think about girlfriends and pets that i've lost over the years.

all in all, it is hands down, the greatest album of all time.  there's really nothing that comes close. 
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:54:22 PM »

Shacklers is now my song-reference when I need to compare sound systems or mp3 players. I just bought a new one and the song I needed to test it was Shacklers because of all the frequences it has. Awesome tune too, of course.

Ive been listening to this record in a daily basis since November 23rd. Not tired at all, I enjoy it even more. Cheesy

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 03:23:05 PM »

Tis a perfectly Ok album! I give it 6.8 out of 10 on highly accurate LTD-scale.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »

In that case, i give it 18 out of 10.

There is too much shit flying around the boards and a lot of bad vibes, and the recent report from the New York Times is merely fuelling this.

the new york TIMES doesn't have a gossip column does it?

anyhoo good call overall ok

like voodoo, Im still listening to it daily and finding new appreciation.  yes
Annie
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 04:33:38 PM »

You know I love this CD since I bought 33 copies!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 04:42:33 PM »

and the honorary fan annie  plays all the 33 copies at once. Tongue

King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »

Yeah, it's a good record, but we seem to be the only few who care.

I don't understand the logic in putting out a quality record that was a decade and a half in the making, then release ONE official single (which, in my opinion, is the weakest track on the CD), release ZERO official video singles, and not tour in a timely fashion to promote the CD.

"This I Love" is tailor-made for 12-15 year old girls, especially those 'Twilight' fanatics. Not to say it can't reach an older audience-I love the song myself- but that song can do for the band what "Sweet Child O' Mine" did for teenage girls 20+ years ago.

It's just a real shame that aside from the release of the CD, everything else that has or hasn't happened reeks of typical GN'R of the last fifteen years.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »

So? Do you need others to appreciate the record?

I don't understand the logic in putting out a quality record that was a decade and a half in the making, then release ONE official single (which, in my opinion, is the weakest track on the CD), release ZERO official video singles, and not tour in a timely fashion to promote the CD.
Do you really wanna use this thread to whine?

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 06:04:03 PM »

Ok so I felt it was time for a resurgence in admiration for the epic work known as Chinese Democracy, released by Guns N? Roses on the 23rd of November 2008.

There is too much shit flying around the boards and a lot of bad vibes, and the recent report from the New York Times is merely fuelling this.

So I wanted to start a thread whereby fans can show their appreciation for a truly amazing album.

Right now we shouldn?t care so much about whether a tour is happening, or whether we will ever see new studio music from this band

For me personally, this album is the perfect example of escapism. I come home from work after a shitty day, put this record on, have a jar or two and I feel a whole lot fuckin better.

That?s what music is all about for me, and Chinese Democracy provides it in bucket-loads.

And I'd just like to thank Axl and gnr for that...

Same here!

to me, this album takes me on an emotional roller coaster like nothing else.  i want to beat up people when i listen to the hard hitting stuff like chinese democracy and shackler's revenge.  but then i can get deep and philosophical while listening to street of dreams and madagascar.  and i still get teary eyed when i listen to this i love and think about girlfriends and pets that i've lost over the years.

all in all, it is hands down, the greatest album of all time.  there's really nothing that comes close.  

VERY VERY true!  ok

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 06:05:05 PM »

"This I Love" is tailor-made for 12-15 year old girls, especially those 'Twilight' fanatics. Not to say it can't reach an older audience-I love the song myself- but that song can do for the band what "Sweet Child O' Mine" did for teenage girls 20+ years ago.

It's just a real shame that aside from the release of the CD, everything else that has or hasn't happened reeks of typical GN'R of the last fifteen years.

Hmmm.... didn't take long for someone to infect yet another positive thread with the usual gnr-should-do-what-I-want-them-to-do crap!   Roll Eyes

On topic:

Been listening to it every day since release. I recently got Rock Band 2 for my PS3. Playing CD is a blast!! For thos of you who haven't tried it yet, satisfaction is garanteed!!  ok

Stavanger-rock-city!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »

This album is the perfect recipe to make me happy instantly. It's refreshing, modern, glamorously aggresive, inspiring.

I look into the past and I wonder... how could I really consider myself a die-hard GNR fan without having listened to this album?

I can be buried by problems, at work, at study, at family, various problems from daily life... but I know I put Riad at some dangerous volume and all my problems are absolutely solved for 4:10

Thank you Axl and thank you all members of Guns for this.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 06:34:15 PM »

I'm listening to it as I type this.

"chidem rocks & goofballs who don't geddit r 2 used to the dumbed down world we live in today" - Baz via Twitter

Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »

I have my alarm set to wake me up to the sounds of Chinese Democracy every day.  Can't think of a better way to start the day.  Only problem is, it makes it hard to get out of bed because I want to continue listening.  Thus, my day starts a little later than it normally would.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 06:46:26 PM »

I have a 6 cd changer in my car and the one constant is always CD!

When is Best Buy's exclusive US deal up?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 07:03:01 PM »

"chidem rocks & goofballs who don't geddit r 2 used to the dumbed down world we live in today" - Baz via Twitter
Had a hard time figuring this out. But I sure agree with Baz! Cheesy

I have my alarm set to wake me up to the sounds of Chinese Democracy every day.  Can't think of a better way to start the day.  Only problem is, it makes it hard to get out of bed because I want to continue listening.  Thus, my day starts a little later than it normally would.
Oh, I always take an extra time to at least finish a track before I turn off my mp3 player. hihi

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »

Here here. The album is truly remarkable in my book.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 07:11:46 PM »

Greatest album of all time.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »

Only one album is framed and hanging on my wall.
Only one cd is framed and hanging on my wall.
The album and cd?  Chinese Democracy!!!
Beautiful.  love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 08:36:56 PM »

Falungong, why do keep stating it's the greatest album or lineup of all time? There is no question that this is a good album made by good musicians. However, the greatest of all-time?! I respectfully disagree with you on that.  For me and many others, it's AFD and that lineup. Furthermore, I think the greatest two bands were the Rolling Stones and Beatles. Rock music would not be the same without those two bands. 

All in all CD has good quality songs like Better, Sorry, TWAT, IRS, CD, ITW, Street of Dreams, and Madgascar. However, to say the best is really putting it higher than it should be. Enjoy the music  for what it is!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: