Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:03:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash's Mother Dies
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Mother Dies  (Read 20318 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 09:52:26 AM »

I thought it was kind of odd info like that was posted, down to parking directions

libertad
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »

someone tell me who Arlette is? I have no idea

The long time Slash publicist that Slash had a falling out with after the first VR album who he later re hired.  Something about maybe Pearla and her didn't see eye to eye or something.  Who knows.  Or maybe it was someone in the band that didn't like her.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »

The long time Slash publicist that Slash had a falling out with after the first VR album who he later re hired.  Something about maybe Pearla and her didn't see eye to eye or something.  Who knows.  Or maybe it was someone in the band that didn't like her.

I didn't know that he re-hired Arlette. Anyway, Slash claims that he knows who posted the funeral info so it would be interesting to know who it was. Whoever it was it was a really terrible thing to do.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
bobby_jean
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »

That's a fucked up thing to do, even to your worst enemy.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 11:18:35 AM »

I thought most funerals were announced.... I mean Slash died I would expect to know where his funeral was so I could pay respects.  I guess he wanted this private and only wanted to invite family and friends.  Maybe he didn't want the media there during this private event. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 11:20:08 AM »

I didn't know that he re-hired Arlette. Anyway, Slash claims that he knows who posted the funeral info so it would be interesting to know who it was. Whoever it was it was a really terrible thing to do.

I think I remember, she was going to represent Slash only, for solo one off type thngs and they had another manager for VR, but at first she was VR's publicist and she said some shit about Scott and Scott got pissed and said some harsh stuff about her.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »

Hell with the media, any tom dick or harry can come

there could literally be thousands of fans there bugging the shit out of Slash while he is trying to mourn

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »

Hell with the media, any tom dick or harry can come

there could literally be thousands of fans there bugging the shit out of Slash while he is trying to mourn

That's not necessesarily true. There is absolutely such thing as a private funeral that only family and whoever the family wants can attend. I doubt Slash wants his fans that didn't even know his mother to attend. I'm more than sure he doesn't want those sleazy photographers there. I'm still baffled as to why someone would do this to him.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »

Yes, I don't think you send invitations out for a funeral, usually anyone that wants to go can go.  Addresses are good to know for people that may want to send flowers and such.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

I don't get it... why didn't anyone remove the info to the memorial service on the previous page yet? I know the moderators of this board don't like Slash but please show some respect!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

I deleted it...and so has Blabbermouth.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2009, 05:58:06 PM »

I don't get it... why didn't anyone remove the info to the memorial service on the previous page yet? I know the moderators of this board don't like Slash but please show some respect!

Please don't be such a fucking moron.

If you have issues with a post, use the Report To Moderator feature instead of whining about us not removing a particular post.

To even hint that we didn't remove something because we "don't like Slash" is fucking lame and not very surprising coming from you.

I can't believe you'd use something as sad as the loss of a mother to throw stupid insults aimed at the moderators and myself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21:17 PM »

The memorial information has now been removed from Snakepit.org., they have removed all mention of her passing.  It's too bad that this happened, I would have to think that the plans now have changed.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 03:36:01 AM »

http://twitpic.com/7ovzx

A sweet picture of my mom & I a good friend of hers took not too long ago. #fb

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2009, 10:28:29 AM »

Definately a picture worth cherishing for all time.  I can't even imagine what life would be like with out my mom, I'm sad for Slashy Sad Cry

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009, 11:21:35 AM »

http://twitpic.com/7ovzx

A sweet picture of my mom & I a good friend of hers took not too long ago. #fb

It says that the picture was taken not too long ago and Slash's mother looks very healthy. I guess it just shows how fast things can happen. Poor Slash. Cry

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2009, 06:12:35 PM »

June 20, 2009 - Saturday

weekly update

Hey kids, it seems a certain unnamed individual, unnamed mostly because only a handful of people know or care who she is, is spewing really hateful shit about my wife & I to anybody on the net that will pick it up. I know this psycho woman well, she was once involved in GnR's career in the 80's but got fired because she's.........well, psycho. And, trust me everybody who has ever worked with her will attest to that with utmost enthusiasm. She also attempted a partnership with my wife not long ago, but her less than stable behaviour was the catalyst for an abrupt end to that relationship as well. So, now she is bitter & pissed off & trying as hard as she can to get attention through the media with a smear campaign using my mom's passing as her vehicle. Normally I wouldn't react to this nonsense & Perla & I wouldn't be fazed by her ranting, but the accusations she is spitting about the relationship between my mom & my wife & I are way below the belt & obviously intended to be as harmful as possible. I will handle this how I see fit, but I wanted my family, friends & fans to know that this individual is an intensely vindictive person who is out for blood anyway she can get it & her statements have absolutely no merit whatsoever. So, don't buy in to her bullshit, she's desperate for attention, & consumed with some misplaced entitlement or something worse.

Yours truly,
Slash iiii||; )

kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »

June 20, 2009 - Saturday

weekly update

Hey kids, it seems a certain unnamed individual, unnamed mostly because only a handful of people know or care who she is, is spewing really hateful shit about my wife & I to anybody on the net that will pick it up. I know this psycho woman well, she was once involved in GnR's career in the 80's but got fired because she's.........well, psycho. And, trust me everybody who has ever worked with her will attest to that with utmost enthusiasm. She also attempted a partnership with my wife not long ago, but her less than stable behaviour was the catalyst for an abrupt end to that relationship as well. So, now she is bitter & pissed off & trying as hard as she can to get attention through the media with a smear campaign using my mom's passing as her vehicle. Normally I wouldn't react to this nonsense & Perla & I wouldn't be fazed by her ranting, but the accusations she is spitting about the relationship between my mom & my wife & I are way below the belt & obviously intended to be as harmful as possible. I will handle this how I see fit, but I wanted my family, friends & fans to know that this individual is an intensely vindictive person who is out for blood anyway she can get it & her statements have absolutely no merit whatsoever. So, don't buy in to her bullshit, she's desperate for attention, & consumed with some misplaced entitlement or something worse.

Yours truly,
Slash iiii||; )

I wonder who this person is. As of yet I haven't read anything negative on the net that she may have said about Slash and Perla but seeing as how Slash found it necessary to make a statement on myspace about it, I'm sure I will. Why in the hell are some people so friggin' disturbed?!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2009, 06:34:18 PM »

Vicki Hamilton???

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2009, 07:00:07 PM »

Vicki Hamilton???

I don't think that I've ever read anything about her being psycho. But then I've barely read anything at all about her so for all I know she might be nuts.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: