Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 09:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228130 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl being axl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl being axl  (Read 12116 times)
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: June 07, 2009, 04:57:40 AM »

I love the man, but the new York times are reporting that axl is refusing to leave his house. They also say he keeps hiring and sacking Azoff. Crazy eh?
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 05:01:42 AM »

It also says he isn't interested in reviving sales of cd. Probably bollocks, he should release citr because it is amazing!!!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 05:09:02 AM »

Link,please?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 05:13:41 AM »

sorry am on my iphone, google guns n roses on news and it comes up.  ok
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 05:14:55 AM »

sorry am on my iphone, google guns n roses on news and it comes up.  ok

This is a brand new article?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 05:17:55 AM »

well axl stick to your guns !
im a rider from way back '

the one an only horsey !
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 05:22:18 AM »

Yep, google guns n roses and it comes up with some Whitney houston nonsense. The story is with that, if someone would post a link it would be great.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 05:27:32 AM »

Before anyone calls bullshit, Azoff's representative commented so even if this is a gossip page there could be some truth to it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/...at_you_ask.html

Axl Rose has been having mood swings. The Guns N? Roses front man, an admitted manic-depressive, has fired and rehired famed manager Irving Azoff at least three times in the last five weeks, according to a source. The reclusive rocker is said to be resisting Azoff?s pleas to try to revive sales of the band?s recent album, ?Chinese Democracy.? ?Axl doesn?t want anything to do with it,? says the insider. ?He won?t come out of his house.?

A source close to Azoff admits, ?Axl is Axl. People get hired and fired all the time in this business.?

But Azoff?s rep says that, as of last week, he and Rose are talking again: ?We?re in daily contact with Axl, and we look forward to continuing to support him and Guns N? Roses.?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/...0Hja3PcXd&C

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 05:32:12 AM »

That doesn't make a tour sound very promising............... damn it

I just hope everything is ok with him. fuck the music, I just want him to be happy and healthy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 05:42:17 AM »

Well...It wouldn't be surprising considering the current situation : no tour, no video, no interviews, no appearances, nothing.

However, I kinda like Axl's attitude of giving everybody the finger when it comes to his own music. Chinese Democracy speaks for itself and is one of the greatest
album ever recorded imo. The record itself is a statement so having to promote it the regular way would be almost insulting but that's just me and I'm aware
that most people didn't receive it as good as I did and as Ron Thal said, the record deserves to be force fed in the audience throat because it is THAT good.

What I don't like very much is that with this attitude, Axl is also giving the finger to people  who support him. I'm not really talking about the fans because
 I don't feel I'm owed anything honnestly. If anything I feel like I owe Axl and the boys something because I'm really in love with ChiDem. However, it's
probably because of this sort of attitude that he lost Buckethead and Robin.

Honnestly, can anyone blame Robin now ? Look what happenned since ChiDem was released ? Nothing at all. Nine Inch Nails released an album, did a tour and is
in the middle of yet another tour. Buckethead released like, what, ten albums since he left GnR ? This is a choice between loyalty and being active unfortunately...

Finally, while I do believe that plans change, I don't believe that they can change ten times in a row. There is obviously a common factor to all these situations...
I don't think that Axl is surrounded by 100% incompetent people. It's just impossible.

EDIT : and yes, of course, between an healthy Axl and a tour I'd obviously choose an healthy Axl. Not only for him but also because the tour would go really wrong.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:33:37 AM by The Glow Inc. » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 07:39:19 AM »

Should we put a ton of stock into this article?  The article states Axl's, "an admitted manic-depressive."  Didn't Axl directly refute that at one point recently?  Sounds to me like it's probably a mix of non-fiction and fiction.
...I am glad Axl's sticking to his guns.
...and ditto to what D said, I just want the guy happy and healthy.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 10:50:26 AM »

Before anyone calls bullshit

I call it bullshit. ok

But Azoff?s rep says that, as of last week, he and Rose are talking again: ?We?re in daily contact with Axl, and we look forward to continuing to support him and Guns N? Roses.?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/...0Hja3PcXd&C

sorta self explanatory innit?

If the rep did say it, naturally they'd deny the story.
If they didn't, they needn't.

Either way the tabloid is full of it.
what's nydailynews?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »

Isn't this on the gossip section of this NYDN? That says how much of a news is this. Tongue

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »

Isn't this on the gossip section of this NYDN? That says how much of a news is this. Tongue

what is this nydn? surely it's no NYtimes is it? hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »

it's nice to see axl has his manager as thoroughly frustrated as his fans are   rofl
nice to see he is consistent
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »

Honnestly, can anyone blame Robin now ? Look what happenned since ChiDem was released ? Nothing at all. Nine Inch Nails released an album, did a tour and is
in the middle of yet another tour. Buckethead released like, what, ten albums since he left GnR ? This is a choice between loyalty and being active unfortunately...

just fyi

as brain said they were free to do whatever to expand themselves alongside of GNR.
robin even told NIN fans that he had a great time working on cd and axl is far from a prick.

if anything i assume they hated the label.
and i imagine that the slashing reunionism, either in the industry or among the 'fans', wasn't something they'd wish on their worst enemy.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »

I have a hard time believing an article when it has "according to a source" or "says the insider" in it. Furthermore, business arrangements (firings/rehiring) has nothing to do with manic-depression. That's just blatant discrimination and ignorance against the mood disorder. 
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »

I have a hard time believing an article when it has "according to a source" or "says the insider" in it. Furthermore, business arrangements (firings/rehiring) has nothing to do with manic-depression. That's just blatant discrimination and ignorance against the mood disorder. 

i remember years ago reading a music magazine when the original lineup was still together that axl stated that he was diagnosed with being manic-depressive, and that as long as he took his lithium, he was OK......but that was long before the internet
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 08:27:07 PM »

problem is Azoff doesn't deny it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »

problem is Azoff doesn't deny it.

He hasn't confirmed it either.  Until we get confirmation or denial, this, like everything else is just gossip (rumor).

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: