Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Famous People You Have Met?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Famous People You Have Met?  (Read 19278 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »

I've never met a famous person.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 11:47:46 PM »

I met the members of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.  I was up at Siena College near Albany, NY for a concert of theirs and we were wandering around campus hours before the show when buses started pulling in.  They ended up being their tour buses and we talked to them for a little while.  It was cool, though I wasn't a huge fan so I wasn't all that starstruck.

A couple years back I was at a strip club in East Hartford, CT on a Monday night in late summer when a black guy walked in with a couple big dudes with him.  He looked kind of familiar and people started questioning whether it was Michael Irvin.  We weren't sure, but someone finally straight out asked him and he admitted to it.  Then he proceeded to sit down at the stage with the rest of us and bought everyone a drink.  He was throwing dollar bills all over the stage and the girls were obviously all over him.  We spoke to some of the girls and they said he frequented the club quite often and always picked one girl for the night.  He was all decked out, we deduced afterwards that he came to the club after filming a segment for Monday Night Countdown on ESPN, down the road in Bristol, CT.  He was wearing one of his Super Bowl rings, actually it was the one they beat the Steelers with because we were admiring it and he actually passed it down the line so one of my friends (a Steeler fan) could try it on.  We were all completely starstruck and had basically forgotten about all the hot naked chicks dancing around.  We were all focused on The Playmaker, he was cool as shit.  This was prior to his legal troubles a couple years back.  Anyhow, he left us after an hour or so and went into the back room with the lucky lady of the night.

A less interesting story, we were at that same strip club a few months later and a couple DJ's were there.  I don't even know if they were syndicated, I think they were because Howard Stern mentioned them a couple times.  They were stationed in Connecticut though, Star and Buckwild were their names.  Anyway, they too threw money all over the stage but they didn't have any Super Bowl Rings.  The interesting thing about them is they're black guys, they worked at a hip hop station.  So I thought they were these gangster rapper, or at least hip hop loving guys.  But they were working the DJ and kept requesting all these hair metal songs, which I absolutely loved.  They were singing along to the songs, having the times of their lives, it was surreal and unexpected.

I also ran into Bronson Arroyo in Baltimore after a Sox/O's game.  He was talking to some young chicks, one of which one of my friends went to school with whose nickname at college was "Sticky Nicky".  I shook his hand and took a picture of him, but that was it.

I think that's all, except for going to get people's autographs at signings and stuff.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »

I can't believe you met Michael Irvin!  That is so cool.  I'm jealous!!
Annie
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2009, 08:24:44 AM »

I also met Billy Joe Shaver and Dennis DeYoung.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »

the hives
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2009, 10:29:04 AM »

Got to add meeting David Wright, Johan Santana and Livan Hernandez  of the NY Mets to my list.............went early to batting practice two days ago in Baltimore.....very pleasant guys...even two days after Johan got decimated 15-0  nervous

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

I've met Hank Williams III, Jack Johnson, former Purdue basketball coach Gene Keady, former Indiana basketball coach Bob Knight, John Goodman, Dwight Gooden during his cocaine years, the lead singer of Fishbone (I didn't know who he was until he took the stage), I had a class with Glenn Robinson.

I've played baseball and basketball against several former major leagers and NBAers.

While visiting a buddy in West Hollywood my wife and I saw Hulk Hogan and exchanged waves, Woody harrelson at the LA farmers market and we had breakfast 3 tables away from Jason Lee (My Name is Earl) but I didn't bother him and his family.

This doesn't count but my Mom, back in the 70s, smoked a joint with Glen Frey's parents at an Eagles concert.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 10:55:39 AM »

I've never met a famous person.

Dude, you met Izzy.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 12:09:11 PM »

Does infamous count? I had a class with Michael Vick in college.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 12:00:18 AM »

I met The Rock, he trains in the same gym I go, see him almost everytime, hes cool guy.
Duff-super cool
Slash-shy
Bret Micheals-cool guy
Susan Sarandon
Kevin Dubrow (RIP)-the coolest
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:14:40 AM by Classic Case » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2009, 01:25:56 PM »

Tinted Windows, the new band featuring Taylor Hanson, James Iha, and Bun E. Carlos stopped by the other day. Bun E. couldn't make it unfortunately, so I met Taylor, James, and their bass player who used to be in Fountains Of Wayne.

Taylor and James are VERY cool guys.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Mr. TRash
Opening Act

you think I'm doin' this all for my health

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »

Weird Al Yankovic

The rest are all baseball players.

Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
Annie
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »

I also met Lou Diamond Phillips when he was on Broadway after a performance of THE KING and I.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »

Off the top of my head:
Duff
Scott Weiland (walked right into him on a street corner..literally)
Sebastian Bach
The Darkness
Jimmy Carr (about 4 times now, class act)
Matt Striker
Black Stone Cherry
HIM (just for a laugh...the singer kissed me on the cheek :S, he was hammered)
Ally McCoist
Princess Anne (at School when I was 10)
Ginger from The Wildhearts (at the bar at a Darkness gig)

theres more but due to it being nearly 4am here my mind is blank.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 10:45:47 PM »

I kind of met the singer from Papa Roach, as he came into the crowd and was about five feet from me. And I met the guitarist from Burn Halo, although their not really famous. (Though they toured with Buckcherry and A7X) And it was kinda ll in the same night, so, basically, I suck at meeting famous people.

Wait, now that I think of it, I did meet Paul Sorvino in a KFC with his daughter.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: