Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Official Slash Twitter and Myspace Update Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Slash Twitter and Myspace Update Thread  (Read 28388 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 03:18:34 AM »

"It WAS a kick ass band"?   

Someone should FYI him that Guns N' Roses didn't die with him and of the kick ass GNR-tours in the last four years, not to mention the evolved and epic album released 9 months ago!

It IS a kick ass band!!   

Why try to stir shit?
He was clearly reffering to the late 80s and early 90s!  There can't be an "is" in the past!

And even if one was to speak of CD, that band is also in the past.

Nobody has heard the current line up yet.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 03:59:09 AM »

"It WAS a kick ass band"?   

Someone should FYI him that Guns N' Roses didn't die with him and of the kick ass GNR-tours in the last four years, not to mention the evolved and epic album released 9 months ago!

It IS a kick ass band!!   

Why try to stir shit?
He was clearly reffering to the late 80s and early 90s!  There can't be an "is" in the past!

C'mon man.... Roll Eyes

The fact that Slash spends time watching old clips of himself in the band and saying how it WAS a kick ass band. It just doesn't sit right!    no

Grasping at straws much? 

So by your logic, VR is also in the past since nobody has heard the current line-up (if there is one)?

Stavanger-rock-city!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 04:16:38 AM »

Grasping at straws much? 

So by your logic, VR is also in the past since nobody has heard the current line-up (if there is one)?

Ok, i can see what you're saying but i don't think he meant it that way at all.  he was just reffering to the old band. 
I am a big VR fan but yes, ill wait til i hear the new line up before i judge them.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 04:46:48 AM »

Grasping at straws much? 

Ok, i can see what you're saying but i don't think he meant it that way at all.  he was just reffering to the old band. 
I am a big VR fan but yes, ill wait til i hear the new line up before i judge them.

I'm not a fan of everything Slash has done. Needless to say I love the GNR-albums he's on. I got all the Snakepit and VR albums. But to me I got bored with them very quick.

With that said, I must admit I have some expectations for the Slash w/friends project he's got going. Considering all different musicians taking part on that album. I can sorta anticipate how I think it will sound, but I'm prepared that I might be surprised.....   Smiley

And with THAT said,   Smiley   His tweets regarding the project is getting a bit over the top! ("Just did a solo, sounds fuckin' INSANE!", "Finished a new track today, it's mindblowing")

It's well and good to try and hype you current album, but jeez man, ease up just a little on the self-praise....   Roll Eyes

Stavanger-rock-city!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 05:03:16 AM »

His tweets regarding the project is getting a bit over the top!

I do kinda agree.  i just stopped reading them.  i log on once in awhile and have a quick read.  In fairness i wouldn't expect him to say "Done a solo, it sucks" lol. but he could cut back a little.

But as for updating in general, im really glad to have all the updates on myspace etc.  It lets me know what one of favourite musicians is working on and planning for the future. I know that Slash is working on solo album, Duff on loaded and they're still looking for a VR singer but Slash is gonna tour his solo album and VR will probably start after that.

It does frustrate me that ive no clue about whats happening with Guns in the present or future.  (if anything).  buts thats another topic

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 05:24:55 AM »

His tweets regarding the project is getting a bit over the top!

I do kinda agree.  i just stopped reading them.  i log on once in awhile and have a quick read.  In fairness i wouldn't expect him to say "Done a solo, it sucks" lol. but he could cut back a little.

But as for updating in general, im really glad to have all the updates on myspace etc.  It lets me know what one of favourite musicians is working on and planning for the future. I know that Slash is working on solo album, Duff on loaded and they're still looking for a VR singer but Slash is gonna tour his solo album and VR will probably start after that.

It does frustrate me that ive no clue about whats happening with Guns in the present or future.  (if anything).  buts thats another topic

I hear you! There is something in between over-the-top-self-glorification and no updates at all!   Wink

Do I secretly wish that Axl would post an update saying something like: "Right now we're working on finnishing CDII, putting together artwork AND putting together the REAL artwork for CD. CD with real artwork will be re-released when best-buy exclusive ends in mid september" ?  YES!  Undecided

But then again, what's going to happen is going to happen regardles if you're told in advance....   Wink

Stavanger-rock-city!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 05:26:12 AM »

Dude there is no disrespect

Old school GNR are one of the greatest bands of all time.

The new band released a great CD but they still have a long way to go to be "Great" in the eyes of the public and in the history books.

Nothing compares to GNR 88-91

and it just isn't the members no longer in the band either.

Just watch Axl back in 91 and he himself knows he can't touch what he was in 91 back when he'd run full sprints and not miss a note.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 07:53:09 AM »

Just watch Axl back in 91 and he himself knows he can't touch what he was in 91 back when he'd run full sprints and not miss a note.

Well the guy isn't 28 anymore.... He tries to re-invent himself I guess... He's older and his image and the music has GROWN with him.   Wink

Other musicians just get older, while their art gets stuck in the past somewhere!   ok

The show I went to in 2006 and the shows I watched on video was pretty energetic, all things considered.

When Axl got asked if he tried to make the greatest album in history, he answered: "No. That's f---ing ridiculous and more negative media nonsense. We were all just trying to do our best for the fans and ourselves."  So I guess he's got his feet on the ground when it comes to the bands own material.

Would be wierd if Axl gave updates every night like: "Just finished vocals on a new track, it's off-the-hook-pandemonium-CRAZY!! Like Robert Plant trying to eat Freddy Mercury in a dark black alley!! While Rob Halford is cheering them on! You guys are gonna LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! Oh! And check out the new car I just bought! Isn't it rad?"

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:57:33 AM by Naltav » Logged

Stavanger-rock-city!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »

Just saying, GNR from 88-91 not only released 3 of the greatest albums of all time but were the greatest live show as well.

I respect the new band and all that, but u still have to give credit where credit is due.

Talking about how amazing that lineup was doesn't take away from the new lineup or in anyway says they suck or what not.
but there aren't 5 bands greater than GNR from 88-91 so its not a slap in the face to say the new band hasn't earned that level of respect from the public/media etc

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 08:29:42 AM »

Just saying, GNR from 88-91 not only released 3 of the greatest albums of all time but were the greatest live show as well.

I respect the new band and all that, but u still have to give credit where credit is due.

Talking about how amazing that lineup was doesn't take away from the new lineup or in anyway says they suck or what not.
but there aren't 5 bands greater than GNR from 88-91 so its not a slap in the face to say the new band hasn't earned that level of respect from the public/media etc

Yeah, no doubt the albums were great and still are! I'm with you on that.

But to me, it's wierd when the guy on the videos is the guy watching the videos and making the comment on how great he was.....   Undecided

And to me, it doesn't sit right when that guy hasn't been a part of that band since the mid 90's. And also considering he keeps ascociating himself with band which kept goin' without him after he couldn't get control of that band.

Wouldn't it be wierd if Steven Adler fronted a new Guitar Hero game with some GN'R-classics....

Why not move on and keep your integrity in tact?

Stavanger-rock-city!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »

Yeah, no doubt the albums were great and still are! I'm with you on that.

But to me, it's wierd when the guy on the videos is the guy watching the videos and making the comment on how great he was.....   Undecided

And to me, it doesn't sit right when that guy hasn't been a part of that band since the mid 90's. And also considering he keeps ascociating himself with band which kept goin' without him after he couldn't get control of that band.

Wouldn't it be wierd if Steven Adler fronted a new Guitar Hero game with some GN'R-classics....

Why not move on and keep your integrity in tact?

Axl made a smart move by securing the band name.
But i think the others are just as entitled to associate themselves with Guns as Axl is.  Just because a legal document gives one person the rights to a name doesn't mean the others can't be proud of what they achieved in that band. Which was a lot!

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 11:31:37 AM »

well, you could see it as a kind of family.. the old line up is the parents to the old records and all, now one parent is seeing the old pictures of the family expressing that "we had some good times"

you don't need to get so defensive, he doesn't say shit about todays band
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »

you don't need to get so defensive, he doesn't say shit about todays band

At least it looks like we're all pretty much agreed that it isnt a big deal that he praised the old band.  As i said, he was reffering to the old line up and he didn't mention the new line up.  And i also doubt that he sits at home watching old GNR footage all day, he probably just came across some and felt like praising it. 

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »

But i think the others are just as entitled to associate themselves with Guns as Axl is.  Just because a legal document gives one person the rights to a name doesn't mean the others can't be proud of what they achieved in that band. Which was a lot!

They should indeed be proud of the success of the albums they made together.

But in my opinion Slash takes it way beyond that. And in many cases it seems to be all in the interest of the mighty $$$.

Had it all been up to Slash, you can bet your ass TV-ads and movies would be filled with GNR-tunes!! And there would be more than one GN'R show on DVD on the market!

Stavanger-rock-city!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 12:04:24 PM »

They should indeed be proud of the success of the albums they made together.

But in my opinion Slash takes it way beyond that. And in many cases it seems to be all in the interest of the mighty $$$.

Had it all been up to Slash, you can bet your ass TV-ads and movies would be filled with GNR-tunes!! And there would be more than one GN'R show on DVD on the market!

Oh yeah Slash is the only person that uses the GNR name for money............

How many tours did Axl do off the back catalog? he admitted himself he wouldn't have gotten the type of money without the GNR name. GNR songs are in movies etc. So yeah, Axl I give u has a little more integrity than Slash but lets don't act like Axl is allergic to money.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »

yeah i would hate it if there were more GNRDVDs  rant
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 12:45:19 PM »

It would definitly be weird if Steven Adler was a character and face of a guitar hero game. Hes a drummer.

Some people talk about integrity and what it means to be rock n roll and all this stuff. The only thing that matters is doing what you want and what you enjoy and nothing else matters. Everyones entitled to their opinion but remember its the individual doing the stuff that knows wether they are having fun or not.

And Naltav you seriously dont want more shows on DVD? There are so many better ones unofficially out there its just annoying theyre not out
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »

Would be wierd if Axl gave updates every night like: "Just finished vocals on a new track, it's off-the-hook-pandemonium-CRAZY!! Like Robert Plant trying to eat Freddy Mercury in a dark black alley!! While Rob Halford is cheering them on! You guys are gonna LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! Oh! And check out the new car I just bought! Isn't it rad?"

I never remember Slash comparing any of his solos to that of legendary guitarists. If he said something like awe man I just played a solo that would make Jimmy Page feel like a beginer, then I could see where your coming from, but I think its just part of his personality, not that hes cocky, just that hes excited.

I think the purpose of his twitter is to keep his friends/  diehard fans informed of his actions, not as press releases.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »

And Naltav you seriously dont want more shows on DVD? There are so many better ones unofficially out there its just annoying theyre not out

What I want and what Slash would do if he had control over GNR is prolly two different things. 

But to answer your question. I guess I would... One from the appetite-era and one from the '01-'07 era. But I think I would prefer them on BluRay. Would be sweet to watch one of the Hammerstein-shows in HD with great sound!   Smiley

Stavanger-rock-city!!
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 02:09:05 AM »

I never remember Slash comparing any of his solos to that of legendary guitarists. If he said something like awe man I just played a solo that would make Jimmy Page feel like a beginer, then I could see where your coming from, but I think its just part of his personality, not that hes cocky, just that hes excited.

I think the purpose of his twitter is to keep his friends/  diehard fans informed of his actions, not as press releases.

well said. Also yeah it would be wierd if axl posted in that way. But would it be wierd if a non-recluse ; sebastian bach for example; posted in that way? No! Axl and slash are different people, and say what you want about marketing ploys, to me he comes accross as a dude thats genuinely excited and proud of shit and wants to share it with his fans.

I got a buzz out of him saying he watched and enjoyed the guns footage, and if i was in his position i would have said the same to my fans.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: