Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I wonder if making a movie out of Chinese Democracy would be something to consid
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I wonder if making a movie out of Chinese Democracy would be something to consid  (Read 6076 times)
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« on: June 03, 2009, 11:38:24 AM »

A movie of Chinese Democracy. I think there is enough concept within the songs to write a story and make a movie. (It wouldn't be a movie about the making of the cd but a real movie and include the songs in the movie.) I think it would be a very good movie if Axl and company got the right movie director and screen-writer.  Axl could be the main character and get a few actors and actresses to play out the parts that tie into the songs. What do you Guns and Roses think???
Don't dismiss the idea yet as something plastic or corny. I really think that many of the songs concepts could be put on to film with a very good story and also having a few of the songs played mimed or performed live within the setting of the movie. lolo
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »

i think this is an awesome idea.  it could be like the wall or tommy only good.  axl would definitely play himself.  it would be cool if they could use the technology from benjamin button so axl could play himself at all the different ages. 
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »

You mean like Pink Floyd's, The Wall?

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:52:12 AM »

You mean like Pink Floyd's, The Wall?

yeah, only not dumb and with beautiful music.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 01:43:16 PM »

It would be a great rock movie. The beginning intro of Chinese Democracy would be a great way to start the film. (We can even have a little kid protraying Axl who is in a fight----just like the kids you can hear in the intro.......... smoking
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 02:33:08 PM »

Creative idea, just don't think it would happen.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »

I can see 14 stories, from short ones to epic.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »

It would be a great rock movie. The beginning intro of Chinese Democracy would be a great way to start the film. (We can even have a little kid protraying Axl who is in a fight----just like the kids you can hear in the intro.......... smoking

Kids? They are Chinese people.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »

You guys should probably just start making this movie yourselves and put it on Youtube. Somehow things are so complicated that GNR can't even get a video for Better out.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 10:03:44 AM »

Well I'm not sure what is the whole story behind putting out a video. But a movie would be more universal for the G&R camp to indulge themselves in. If it was anyother group I would say no.
But because the material on Chinese Democracy is so potent and already has depth it would probably launch the sales of the CD. They really wouldn't have to go overboard with the budget either. All they need is a small crew and a screen writer that understands and likes Chinese Democracy. lolo

You know I may be wrong here but isn't the song Chinese Democracy a pun on American Democracy??? (Not clear on that one song.)  smoking
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 10:33:48 AM »

Chinese Democracy isn't a concept album or rock opera like Tommy or the Wall, so I'm not sure a movie would really work however all the songs on the album would certainly enhance a movie if placed in the right parts.  I remember Axl talked about acting in movies (think he mentions this in one of the making of videos) and it certainly would be interesting, but to try and make a movie based on the themes of the songs on CD sounds like a bad idea to me.

And Bitch Slap Rappin, I've been waiting for your interpretation of Shotgun Blues...you've been slacking!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 10:54:20 AM »

Chinese Democracy isn't a concept album or rock opera like Tommy or the Wall, so I'm not sure a movie would really work however all the songs on the album would certainly enhance a movie if placed in the right parts.  I remember Axl talked about acting in movies (think he mentions this in one of the making of videos) and it certainly would be interesting, but to try and make a movie based on the themes of the songs on CD sounds like a bad idea to me.

And Bitch Slap Rappin, I've been waiting for your interpretation of Shotgun Blues...you've been slacking!

rofl  Oh yes!!!! 14 years of Silence I've completely forgotten about that thread. I've assumed no one really reads that thread anymore. If you'd like me to continue I shall. But I'd like to get at least two other G&R people here to state that they would like to see me continue that thread so that I don't feel like I'm beating a dead horse..........  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 12:50:08 PM »

If you'd like me to continue I shall. But I'd like to get at least two other G&R people here to state that they would like to see me continue that thread so that I don't feel like I'm beating a dead horse..........  hihi

count me in. it's fun to read your interpretations.  ok
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 09:26:44 AM »

it could be a great opportunity for axl to set the record straight about how everyone wronged him and tried to destroy him but how he emerged victorious and stronger.

Everyone?   Man, your posts are kinda creepy!  How do you know all of this stuff, are you the man himself?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »

it could be a great opportunity for axl to set the record straight about how everyone wronged him and tried to destroy him but how he emerged victorious and stronger.

Everyone?   Man, your posts are kinda creepy!  How do you know all of this stuff, are you the man himself?

I think when he was referring to everyone he might of meant people back during the Appetite - Illusion period as far as the press; record company / management; and anyone else who were manipulating Axl and all G&R members for money. You know when you've got a golden goose that is laying golden eggs everyone seems to want to be your friend but that is not the case all the time.  peace
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »

it could be a great opportunity for axl to set the record straight about how everyone wronged him and tried to destroy him but how he emerged victorious and stronger.  there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house when axl finally wins in the end and releases chinese democracy.

yeah, he's really ruling the world with this Chinese Democracy album. There won't be a dry eye in the house when they see how it was promoted.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 10:59:09 AM »

I think when he was referring to everyone he might of meant people back during the Appetite - Illusion period as far as the press; record company / management; and anyone else who were manipulating Axl and all G&R members for money. You know when you've got a golden goose that is laying golden eggs everyone seems to want to be your friend but that is not the case all the time.

Maybe, but thats just the music industry and the celebrity culture in general.  people choose to go into this industry and make lots of $.  That particular poster makes it seem like Axl climbed Everest without any supplies in the middle of an avalanche lol!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »

I think when he was referring to everyone he might of meant people back during the Appetite - Illusion period as far as the press; record company / management; and anyone else who were manipulating Axl and all G&R members for money. You know when you've got a golden goose that is laying golden eggs everyone seems to want to be your friend but that is not the case all the time.

Maybe, but thats just the music industry and the celebrity culture in general.  people choose to go into this industry and make lots of $.  That particular poster makes it seem like Axl climbed Everest without any supplies in the middle of an avalanche lol!

lots of people have tried to tear axl down just so they can try and see him fail... former managers, former lovers, former bandmates.  even smart mouth posters on message forums who try to antagonize him the only way they can.  everybody sues axl, everybody bad mouths him to the press.  pigeons of shit metal anyone?

it's because they are small people who are jealous of all that axl has.  and since they can't have his gifts, they try to tear him down.  axl and beta have mentioned this before.  it's not like i made it up.  read the lyrics to chinese democracy and you'll see it.  but of course, being pro-cancer, you probably can't even get through the whole album.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:28 PM »

Axl cant even do a music video to support his most important album and your hoping he would do a movie on himself and the album....cmon

Axl has been "setting the record straight" for the past 9 yrs...not to mention CD is an album of setting the record straight.

When can we move on from the "everyone was/is against me: stage to just getting out there and talking about some new concepts and just having fun?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:35:40 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 02:37:07 PM »

So.... am I the only one who thinks a movie sounds like the dumbest/cheesiest idea?....  Huh
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: