Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Izzy IS going to be on Slash's solo album!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy IS going to be on Slash's solo album!  (Read 18842 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 06:59:15 PM »

I understand these guys aren't in "Guns N Roses" but they are 4 of the 5 that helped define the unique style etc. that was once Guns N Roses.

so those 4 recording again would be  exciting as hell and I don't understand how anyone who calls themselves a fan of Afd and uyi wouldn't be excited. it is just weird.

I can give people a pass who maybe just discovered the band in the last 10 years or so. For me, I was never a fan of Metallica and didn't grow up listening, so when i buy Death Magnetic, that for me is my favorite Metallica album and I bet die hard fans would call me insane.

But people who have grown up loving this band and Appetite and UYI, it just blows my mind how someone wouldn't be interested in this.

Well, VR had 3 UYI GNR members and while I thought Contraband was great Libertad was a bit of a letdown.  So sure I'd be interested, but I wouldn't necessarily set my expectations to an all time high.

i can understand why you would feel that way-but, it's a slightly different dynamic in terms of the izzy/slash vs slash/dave writing dynamic
I get that, Izzy was obviously a huge part of the recipe for GNR's success.  Great songwriter.  BUT, like I said before, I never got into his solo stuff, never got into Slash's Snakepit or Blues Ball Band.  Maybe together they can create something I'd enjoy, we'll see.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »

Maybe together they can create something I'd enjoy, we'll see.

If you liked the guitar sound in old GNR it sounds like you will like this song. That distinctive sound he references was one of the major aspects of the success they had.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »

There is a band dynamic and chemistry that is undeniable  though. u take an ingredient away and it changes everything.

I have played in bands all my life and last year I played with 3 dudes.

And I swear, as soon as we plugged in, u could just feel IT. it is hard to describe to people who don't play, but I've never felt this kind of connection with anybody else.

we would literally write songs from scratch on the fly. The drummer would start a beat, i would begin riffing and the other 2 would join in without any communication or I'd start a riff and everyone would join in or the bass guy would start with a riff etc etc  and we ended up with 8 really killer songs out of it.

drummer moved to NY, we tried replacing but that magic was just GONE.

I was a 10 times better player with those 3 guys than I am on my own cause the magic and chemistry in the room just elevated everything I could do higher made me faster, more creative just everything.

so I can understand what they are talking about when they talk of the chemistry and how their sounds are etc.

so i am very excited

I am not dissing "Guns N Roses" but it has a great chance of sounding like Appetite Guns N Roses.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 07:18:36 PM »

There is a band dynamic and chemistry that is undeniable  though. u take an ingredient away and it changes everything.

so I can understand what they are talking about when they talk of the chemistry and how their sounds are etc.

so i am very excited

I am not dissing "Guns N Roses" but it has a great chance of sounding like Appetite Guns N Roses.

I get that, but if it's just the 2 of them can they recapture the magic that the 5 original guys had?  I'm not so sure.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 07:23:59 PM »

I get that, but if it's just the 2 of them can they recapture the magic that the 5 original guys had?  I'm not so sure.

That is why alot of us are hoping this is the track Slash specifically wanted Steven to play on as Adler said.

Popcorns drum sound had that unique vibe and sound to it, and couple that with the Izzy/Slash guitar sound and I do think they could recapture that distinctive sound.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 07:25:13 PM »

well that is where Adler comes in and maybe Duff on bass

sure u aren't gonna recapture everything cause Axl was a HUGE part

musically however, and I love the "Music" these guys made, it can be right there.

Appetite is great to me, cause not only does it have amazing vocals,melodies and lyrics, but the music is fucking awesome,melodic,rhythmic and stands on its own.

so if they could get a really great rock singer like Tyler or somebody to sing, it could be pretty damn amazing.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 07:31:07 PM »

This is where I am crossing my fingers Slash throws us a bone. If nothing else it would be great publicity to hype the 4 of them playing their first track together in 2 years when he does his huge promo blitz I am assuming he will do if his book tour is any indication of how he will get out there for his album.

As you said, with someone like Steven Tyler on vocals it could be something that might interest those who were fond of that classic GNR sound if he promoted that line-up creating the music.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 10:26:30 PM »

all I have to say is that this would rock if the 4 of them get together!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 10:40:55 PM »

This is where I am crossing my fingers Slash throws us a bone. If nothing else it would be great publicity to hype the 4 of them playing their first track together in 2 years when he does his huge promo blitz I am assuming he will do if his book tour is any indication of how he will get out there for his album.

As you said, with someone like Steven Tyler on vocals it could be something that might interest those who were fond of that classic GNR sound if he promoted that line-up creating the music.
I don't see why Slash wouldn't put all 4 guys together on a track (if Duff is involved).  It'd make more sense than to spread them out to individual tracks, and like you said drum up a lot more interest and publicity.  Duff's been pretty busy of late though, so I don't know how likely it'd be for him to guest on the record.  3 out of the 5 would still be good, but obviously 4 would be a bigger deal.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 10:54:03 PM »

I don't see why Slash wouldn't put all 4 guys together on a track (if Duff is involved).  It'd make more sense than to spread them out to individual tracks, and like you said drum up a lot more interest and publicity.  Duff's been pretty busy of late though, so I don't know how likely it'd be for him to guest on the record.  3 out of the 5 would still be good, but obviously 4 would be a bigger deal.

theoretically, if he was going to play on this song, Duff could have his parts done already looking at his tour dates as he had 8 days off between PA and OK City and three days off before Europe.

5/19/09 - New York, NY - Blender Theater @ Gramercy
5/20/09 -  Wantagh, NY - Mulcahy's
5/21/09 -  Allentown, PA  - Crocodile Rock
5/29/09 - Oklahoma City, OK - Zoo Amphitheatre (2009 Discorus Festival of Rock)
5/30/09 - Kansas City, MO - Liberty Memorial (KQRC Rockfest)
5/31/09 - Des Moines, IA - Indianola Balloon Field (LazerFest)

European/U.K. Tour 2009

6/3/09 - Helsinki, Finland - Virgin Oil
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:57:20 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »

Slash doesn't seem too good at keeping secrets though.  If Duff was on we'd probably know by now.  It is possible, but you know what I'm saying?  That seems like something Slash would be DYING to tell people. 

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 11:32:40 PM »

Slash doesn't seem too good at keeping secrets though.  If Duff was on we'd probably know by now.  It is possible, but you know what I'm saying?  That seems like something Slash would be DYING to tell people. 

yeah, i get what your saying there as well - but, that being said (there's always a BUT hihi) to me, duff playing bass on a song wouldn't be as noteworthy as Izzy since Duff is in his band already and they've been playing together since 2004 -

also, Slash seems to be doing a good job of keeping the singers identities under wraps; he hasn't name one!  though perlla and others confirmed or alluded to the fact of an appearance, Slash hasn't named anyone Undecided

wonder if slash would consider asking axl to sing on it.......

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2009, 01:05:29 AM »

I think everyone is making too much out of this.   Roll Eyes  So, Izzy's playing on a song.  Adler's going to be on a song.  So what?  I think it's awesome but it in no way makes it a GnR collaboration.  Duff's not going to be on it, I'm sure.   

Where does the fact that Izzy is contributing something and Adler is contributing something make it a potential opportunity for some "reunion"?  Say what you want about Slash, but I don't think he would do that and I don't think there's anything more to it than a couple of people he's played with in the past contributing to his album in some way. 
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2009, 04:39:05 AM »

When I heard Izzy was gonna play on Slash's solo album and maybe it's the same track where Steven plays drums on, the thing that never jumped my mind is 'we'd get to hear something very close to GN'R or reunion stuff' or whatever. As far as I'm concerned we're just getting kick ass songs.. cause you really can't go wrong there with Izzy and Slash in the mix. Maybe it won't sound like GN'R, maybe it will, but it atleast it will be kickass Cool
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2009, 06:30:06 AM »

Should make for a cool track!!!!!

No twitter updates since though  Cry

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »

I think everyone is making too much out of this.   Roll Eyes  So, Izzy's playing on a song.  Adler's going to be on a song.  So what?  I think it's awesome but it in no way makes it a GnR collaboration.  Duff's not going to be on it, I'm sure.   

Where does the fact that Izzy is contributing something and Adler is contributing something make it a potential opportunity for some "reunion"?  Say what you want about Slash, but I don't think he would do that and I don't think there's anything more to it than a couple of people he's played with in the past contributing to his album in some way. 
I agree.  People seem to think Axl is the only reason a reunion will never happen.  While he's obviously a major player I'm not sure Slash would want to go down that road either, especially with what Axl has said about him recently.  Really the only person we know for sure who'd be interested in a reunion is Steven.  The others seem quite content with what they're doing right now.

Enough reunion talk though.  I would be interested in hearing a Slash/Izzy song, but I wouldn't expect anything otherworldly.

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »

In March this year appearantly there was a new Izzy album in the mixing stages.. hopefully it will be released soon
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »

I agree.  People seem to think Axl is the only reason a reunion will never happen.  While he's obviously a major player I'm not sure Slash would want to go down that road either, especially with what Axl has said about him recently.  Really the only person we know for sure who'd be interested in a reunion is Steven.  The others seem quite content with what they're doing right now.

Enough reunion talk though.  I would be interested in hearing a Slash/Izzy song, but I wouldn't expect anything otherworldly.

this may come as a surprise, but in the 3 pages of this thread, you, lyn1961, and Faldo are the only ones who mentioned the word reunion  hihi (Ctrl+F)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »

this may come as a surprise, but in the 3 pages of this thread, you, lyn1961, and Faldo are the only ones who mentioned the word reunion  hihi (Ctrl+F)
Maybe it wasn't said with the word reunion, but it certainly was alluded to tenfold.  4/5 GNR, real GNR, the real AFD/UYI sound.  If that's not along the lines of reunion talk, I don't know what is.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 06:11:34 PM »

nobody is mentioning a reunion but the people against it

we just want to hear 4/5ths of the Appetite lineup record something cause we are a fan of that album and would love to hear what the 4 of them 20 years later sound like.

the anti-reunion police are so quick to strike.  Hell, this isn't Beetlejuice where if we say it enough it will happen.

I'd simply love to hear a song with these 4 on it together and I'd love to hear the album Slash,Izzy,Duff and Matt recorded.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: