Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Izzy IS going to be on Slash's solo album!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy IS going to be on Slash's solo album!  (Read 18813 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 04:14:49 AM »

You've always gotta add your two cents don't you? It's like you're lurking on these threads, just waiting to pounce...

Lets not worry about the secret Slash fan.  rofl

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 07:31:15 AM »

So, Guns and Roses on Slash's album. Great.  peace

say what?   Is Bumblefoot making an appearance?  Did i miss something?

I think so, but never it's tooo late. First of all, try to get AFD, Lies and Illusions I & II.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 11:37:44 AM »

Should be cool. Im interested to see if the magic is still there.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »

So izzy wrote his own rhythm part right?

That will be magic

if he is just playing something Slash wrote for him, we will have to see

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 03:46:31 PM »

Yep he always does:

From the 2002 GUitar One magazine (AFD 15 year anniversary):

You've been jamming with Izzy again. Any new perspective on why your playing styles work so well together?

It's the kind of thing where no matter who comes up with the initial idea, I never really have to go, "Izzy, play this part this way." He just plays his thing his own way, and we never really talk about it much.

Last night, we went in and took two songs from scratch, just basic chord changes, and worked them into full songs. That's one of the things about me and Izzy working together, he knows where I'm at, and I know where he's at. And that's the way it's always been. I make up something that accompanies his part, and at the same time accents it, and he does the same with my parts. We have that kind of chemistry. We've always been good friends, so for us to get in a room and play is a very easy thing to do.

What can we expect from you next?

I'm putting together another record with some stuff I've done with Izzy and other stuff I've done on my own. I want to
start writing with other people as well, and put together an album with a lot of guests -- a really cool rock 'n' roll record with people you wouldn't expect to hear
together.

New Steven 'Beat' interview:
Appetite For Destruction has a sound that no other GN?R album after it had, what do you bring that down to?

?I grew up learning how to play drums not with a bass player, but with a guitar player; with Slash. Usually it was just me and him practicing. So in the songs I would play what he was playing instead of just keeping a simple 4/4 pattern; like all rock is 4/4 but instead of the boom-cha, you know bass-snare-bass-snare, he would be doing like k-ka-k-ka-k-ka?s on his guitar and I would do that on the drums.?

?When we got together with Duff? See, Duff is a natural guitar player, he didn?t start off playing bass - he started playing bass guitar two weeks before he got hooked up with me and Slash. Which obviously worked out, and worked for me, because his style of bass playing is more of the style of a guitar player, so it worked perfect.

So, we just worked so well together. It was the biggest drag of my life (getting kicked out of G?N?R). I did write and record the demo tapes for Use Your Illusion. I?ll never forget telling everybody I knew, ?this was going to be even bigger than Appetite? and it would have been? if it had been recorded the way Appetite was; the way it was supposed to be - with five guys. It would be even bigger!

?He says he has one song, ?cause he?s working on a solo record and he has the one song that he says is specifically for me. All I ask is that one opportunity to get in there because I wanna be his drummer! I mean that?s how we started out.

It sounds like the type of song Izzy would play on it.. I really thing the 3 of them are playing on the same song. Either way looking forward hearing the Slash/Izzy sound again

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »

That will be magic

if he is just playing something Slash wrote for him, we will have to see

I would think Izzy came up with his own part. At least we know with the comments about that unmistakable sound Slash and Izzy's guitars have together whatever it is it was written in a way that captures a sound like that of what we used to hear in the band they were previously members of. That is enough for me to be hopeful.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 04:14:05 PM »

I think so, but never it's tooo late. First of all, try to get AFD, Lies and Illusions I & II.

I have all those albums, but that doesn't explain why you are making retarded and FALSE statements about Guns N' Roses appearing on this album.   No current band members (as far as we know) appear on the album.   Just don't say stupid shit like that.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 04:17:39 PM »

Jim Bob

Izzy,Duff,Slash and Adler will always be "Guns N Roses" even if they aren't in the band.

GNR isn't some "Name" it is a style and type of music

if u have all 4 guys who wrote the music creating something, that is Guns N Roses. I could care less who OWNS a name.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »

I have all those albums, but that doesn't explain why you are making retarded and FALSE statements about Guns N' Roses appearing on this album.   No current band members (as far as we know) appear on the album.   Just don't say stupid shit like that.

yeah, I agree, thats some really stupid shit.....I mean,  i don't understand how izzy and slash playing on the same song can be confused as a guns and roses song-even if steve was playing drums

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »

Jim Bob

Izzy,Duff,Slash and Adler will always be "Guns N Roses" even if they aren't in the band.

if u have all 4 guys who wrote the music creating something, that is Guns N Roses. I could care less who OWNS a name.

obviously, it CAN'T be guns n roses without axl singing;  DJ, Bumble, buckethead, tommy and Robin Finck playing guitar; chris making sound effects, frank or brain or josh playing drums, etc.

it may sound alot like something GnR once did a long long long time ago-but it's most definitly not GnR

how can you be so senseless D?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:42:27 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 04:29:44 PM »

Jim Bob

you don't get to decide what is or isn't GnR.  You dont own the fucking name, so kindly shut the fuck up.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »

Jim Bob

you don't get to decide what is or isn't GnR.  You dont own the fucking name, so kindly shut the fuck up.

dude, why so grumpy?

people are psyched that izzy and slash are playing on the same song? since you hate slash so much, why would you post in a thread about said artist's solo project?  I looked this up for you so you can comment on this: http://twitter.com/robinfincktwits

please stop spamming on this....alot of people are really psyched; and out of this board, fb, other GnR boards, your are about the only one w/ negative posts about this.....go figure, a hard core, "true" GnR fan has no interest in a slash/izzy song............

so, there's your hero's twitter, please follow him out of here
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 06:20:52 PM »

I don't understand how a fan of Appetite and UYI wouldn't be psyched about the possible collaboration of the guys who wrote the music for those groundbreaking albums.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »

I don't understand how a fan of Appetite and UYI wouldn't be psyched about the possible collaboration of the guys who wrote the music for those groundbreaking albums.

mindboggling to me as well-

i tried to help out w/ fink's twitter address so others can follow some incoherent babbling
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 06:36:46 PM »

I'm a fan of all things GNR, BUT I never really got into any of the side projects past or present, so I wouldn't say I'm "psyched" about the collaboration.  Interested, would be a better word.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »

I understand these guys aren't in "Guns N Roses" but they are 4 of the 5 that helped define the unique style etc. that was once Guns N Roses.

so those 4 recording again would be  exciting as hell and I don't understand how anyone who calls themselves a fan of Afd and uyi wouldn't be excited. it is just weird.

I can give people a pass who maybe just discovered the band in the last 10 years or so. For me, I was never a fan of Metallica and didn't grow up listening, so when i buy Death Magnetic, that for me is my favorite Metallica album and I bet die hard fans would call me insane.

But people who have grown up loving this band and Appetite and UYI, it just blows my mind how someone wouldn't be interested in this.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »

I understand these guys aren't in "Guns N Roses" but they are 4 of the 5 that helped define the unique style etc. that was once Guns N Roses.

so those 4 recording again would be  exciting as hell and I don't understand how anyone who calls themselves a fan of Afd and uyi wouldn't be excited. it is just weird.

I can give people a pass who maybe just discovered the band in the last 10 years or so. For me, I was never a fan of Metallica and didn't grow up listening, so when i buy Death Magnetic, that for me is my favorite Metallica album and I bet die hard fans would call me insane.

But people who have grown up loving this band and Appetite and UYI, it just blows my mind how someone wouldn't be interested in this.

Well, VR had 3 UYI GNR members and while I thought Contraband was great Libertad was a bit of a letdown.  So sure I'd be interested, but I wouldn't necessarily set my expectations to an all time high.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:55 PM »

i was a freshman in high school in 87 so i guess I grew up w/ Gnr

and metallica as well; but I started losing interest in metallica w/ and justice for all--to me ride the lightning, master, and the EP were the be all, end all....everything after went downhill but the black album was ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »

Well, VR had 3 UYI GNR members and while I thought Contraband was great Libertad was a bit of a letdown.  So sure I'd be interested, but I wouldn't necessarily set my expectations to an all time high.

i can understand why you would feel that way-but, it's a slightly different dynamic in terms of the izzy/slash vs slash/dave writing dynamic
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 06:57:44 PM »

i can understand being excited about the collaboration.   it could turn out sounding pretty cool.

but to label it as guns n roses is a huge slap in the face to the band we are here to support.  that is all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: