Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'  (Read 27831 times)
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »

this show was beneath bumblefoot.  let's hope it stops now.  axl shouldn't have to make an official rule about playing with the ex-former-gnr guys' bands.  it should absolutely understood.  i love bbf's amazing guitar skills, but loyalty is probably more important in my mind.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2009, 12:18:51 PM »

this show was beneath bumblefoot.  let's hope it stops now.  axl shouldn't have to make an official rule about playing with the ex-former-gnr guys' bands.  it should absolutely understood.  i love bbf's amazing guitar skills, but loyalty is probably more important in my mind.

Oh for fuck's sake!  This is absolutely the most fantastically idiotic thing that I've read in a long fucking while!
Axl probably appreciates a guy like Bumblefoot playing with whoever he likes for fun a lot more than he'd appreciate a sycophantic suck-up like it appears you would be.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:20:22 PM by MrRedfield » Logged
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »

i happen to think bumblefoot is far too talented to be slumming with a common rock band.  i would hate to see michelangelo waste his time drawing pokemon cartoons. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »

Did you ever hear of fun?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »

And I happen to think that Bumblefoot would be disgusted with bullshit comments like that. Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2009, 12:27:50 PM »

http://twitter.com/therealedtrunk

In a club watching the current Guns bassist watch the original Guns bassist play Dust & Bones. Duff sounds great!
about 14 hours ago from txt

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »

wow tommy's there tonight!?? Cheesy
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2009, 12:34:07 PM »

Did you ever hear of fun?

/jarmo

would the 'fun' defense hold up if ron decided to play with the other ex-gunners of the past? 
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »

On Topic, (sort of) I think it's really cool Ron got out there and got to have some fun. It's something that I think is missing a lot from music today, and that's musicians playing and jaming with eachother for fun. I always looked up to Eric Clapton for his eagerness to jam with other great guitarists and musicians.

Can anyone tell me about the new loaded album? I recently heard (on 99.9 in Seattle) a cool recording of Loaded jaming with Jeff Ament (sp) from Pearl Jam and I thought it was really cool. I've never really cared to listen to Loaded much, but I think I may give em a whirl. I'd rather Duff played with those guys than Velvet Revolver.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2009, 12:42:05 PM »

http://twitter.com/therealedtrunk

In a club watching the current Guns bassist watch the original Guns bassist play Dust & Bones. Duff sounds great!
about 14 hours ago from txt

/jarmo

I always loved that song. I know this isn't on topic either, but whenever making my "ultimate Guns lineup in my head, I can never choose between Duff or Tommy. They're both so fucking cool.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »

14 hours ago...

oops it wasn't tonight.  Tongue

if ron decided to play with the other ex-gunners of the past? 

Did that happen? No. Till then don't trouble trouble and enjoy.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »

i happen to think bumblefoot is far too talented to be slumming with a common rock band.  i would hate to see michelangelo waste his time drawing pokemon cartoons. 

Slumming?

Have you even heard the new Loaded record?  It's great.

This is one of the dumbest remarks I've ever read on this board.

Ali
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2009, 12:55:22 PM »

if you like simple music for simple minds.  there's nothing even close to the epic grandeur of chinese democracy. 

am i the only one who seem to care that duff was one of the millions of spiders trying to tear axl down?  remember the lawsuits and bullshit that drove axl nuts and delayed the album for godonlyknows how long?  i'm glad bumblefoot got to have some 'fun,' but come on... there are so many people in the world he could have fun with... why pick on of the three guys who tried to destroy axl?  it just doesn't make sense to me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2009, 12:57:11 PM »

I repost this for you falungong69

FYI

axl answering to Billboard.com

"I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy [Stradlin] or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff [McKagan], but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me."

axl answering to Del James

"It'd be highly doubtful for us to have more than one of the alumni up with us at any given time. I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty. "

so,
don't worry and enjoy the ride.

edit to add
I'd love to see pokemon cartoons drawn by Michelangelo.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:05:27 PM by ppbebe » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »

if you like simple music for simple minds.  there's nothing even close to the epic grandeur of chinese democracy. 

Even if you can eat in the nicest restaurants every day of the week, once in a while a simple hamburger is nice.

am i the only one who seem to care that duff was one of the millions of spiders trying to tear axl down?  remember the lawsuits and bullshit that drove axl nuts and delayed the album for godonlyknows how long?  i'm glad bumblefoot got to have some 'fun,' but come on... there are so many people in the world he could have fun with... why pick on of the three guys who tried to destroy axl?  it just doesn't make sense to me.

Is there any chance you'll work with the former members of Guns N' Roses in the future?

I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy [Stradlin] or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff [McKagan], but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me.

The Billboard Q&A: Axl Rose

By the way, when Tommy toured in support of Village Gorilla Head in 2004, his backing band was Alien Crime Syndicate. Some of them are in Duff's band....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:06:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2009, 01:33:07 PM »

I cant believe some of you morons have a problem with this... I'm not a huge fan of ex-gunner solo stuff, but I think this is absolutley great...

And yes I would like to see one of the new guys play along with slash, and why would Axl give a shit?
Its the music biz, these things happen!
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2009, 01:40:50 PM »

It's amazing how incestuous the scene is and how few degrees of separation there are. 

Bumblefoot always puts his heart and soul in, would have loved to have seen that live  ok
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »

Even if you can eat in the nicest restaurants every day of the week, once in a while a simple hamburger is nice.

Is there any chance you'll work with the former members of Guns N' Roses in the future?

I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy [Stradlin] or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff [McKagan], but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me.

By the way, when Tommy toured in support of Village Gorilla Head in 2004, his backing band was Alien Crime Syndicate. Some of them are in Duff's band....

/jarmo

wait... so axl saying that one day in the future he could see himself making peace with duff and playing together translates to thinking it's cool for axl's band to go jam with duff's band when we're in the heart of chinese democracy's release.  gnr should be on tour, the video for better should be debuting, the band member q&a video should be coming out... but no, instead bumblefoot's out playing with the very guys who tied chinese democracy up for 10 years. 

glad to know you think that's fun, jarmo.  maybe 4tus will go have fun with matt sorum.  or dj ashba with slash.  still sound like fun?  no thank you.

instead of more action on chinese democracy, we get more action on duff's craptastic mullethead 80's rock garage band.  excuse me for setting my sights just a little higher and respecting loyalty. 

you honestly worry me, jarmo.  if one day slash tricks axl into thinking they can be friends/bandmates again, i'm not quite sure where you'll stand.  if chinese democracy means anything to us -- if the years we've put into defending this band from everyone who makes fun of them are worth a god damn -- then the current members of gnr will stay where they belong -- gnr! 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »

Stop worrying about me and worry about yourself instead.  ok

To jam with another band doesn't fucking mean he's joining that band.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2009, 02:22:34 PM »

/jarmo

wait... so axl saying that one day in the future he could see himself making peace with duff and playing together translates to thinking it's cool for axl's band to go jam with duff's band when we're in the heart of chinese democracy's release.  gnr should be on tour, the video for better should be debuting, the band member q&a video should be coming out... but no, instead bumblefoot's out playing with the very guys who tied chinese democracy up for 10 years. 

glad to know you think that's fun, jarmo.  maybe 4tus will go have fun with matt sorum.  or dj ashba with slash.  still sound like fun?  no thank you.

instead of more action on chinese democracy, we get more action on duff's craptastic mullethead 80's rock garage band.  excuse me for setting my sights just a little higher and respecting loyalty. 

you honestly worry me, jarmo.  if one day slash tricks axl into thinking they can be friends/bandmates again, i'm not quite sure where you'll stand.  if chinese democracy means anything to us -- if the years we've put into defending this band from everyone who makes fun of them are worth a god damn -- then the current members of gnr will stay where they belong -- gnr! 

playing on stage and being in a band is serious business and all about taking "sides" like it's a war or something
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: