Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:40:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'  (Read 27839 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2009, 10:33:06 PM »

I can see Duff not liking some songs on CD as they are very different. I heard Duff say that when he hears CD he doesn't hear "his Band"

So I guess for him he isn't listening to GNR he is hearing Axl sing.

which is understandable.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2009, 10:35:12 PM »

If Slash and Duff didn't like "if the world" (wich is understable considering it has absolutely nothing to do with GN'R kind of music and Rock music), no matter what Axl would say, the song wouldn't make the record.

Your constant need to bring in Slash into topics that have nothing to do with him is becoming very boring.

Your theories are so wrong that I don't know which is funnier, that you actually think you know stuff or the fact that it's just bullshit.

Your hero didn't like Sweet Child O' Mine. He didn't want to do November Rain.

He wasn't involved with My World either and it was on Use Your Illusion II.

Now, logout and stay away until you have something new to say.

Next time you ruin a thread will be your last.

All this shit has nothing to do with Bumblefoot jamming with Loaded.

Edited to add: Your next post in this thread should only be about Bumblefoot jamming with Loaded in New York City, unless you want that post to be the last one you make here.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:48:20 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »

If Slash and Duff didn't like "if the world" (wich is understable considering it has absolutely nothing to do with GN'R kind of music and Rock music), no matter what Axl would say, the song wouldn't make the record.

Your constant need to bring in Slash into topics that have nothing to do with him is becoming very boring.

Your theories are so wrong that I don't know which is funnier, that you actually think you know stuff or the fact that it's just bullshit.

Your hero didn't like Sweet Child O' Mine. He didn't want to do November Rain.

He wasn't involved with My World either and it was on Use Your Illusion II.

Now, logout and stay away until you have something new to say.

Next time you ruin a thread will be your last.

All this shit has nothing to do with Bumblefoot jamming with Loaded.

/jarmo

is the word "Slash" representing the devil for you because Axl says so? are you married to Axl and to what he says?
Don't you have a brain to THINK by yourself and not through Axl by procuration?

Slash is no more my "hero" than Axl is, they are both, I'm not in war. I don't care of this feud, I don't do propaganda for any of them.

They are both as important. They are both Guns N' Roses. So is Duff. This is their band to ALL of them.

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2009, 10:50:33 PM »

My brain told me: BANNED!

You were told to stop many times. But unlike many mammals, you don't learn from your mistakes.

It's like you keep pissing on the electric fence over and over again.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:57:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »

Well, Chinese Democracy is Axl's album. Obviously the new guys would never tell him "No, I don't want to play this song, I don't like it". You see? It's a question of decision and having the final say. Axl has the final say in the new band because he is the boss and the others probably can't say "no"
Chinese Democracy is GnR's album.   And yes the guys in the band did have their say in what went on the album.  Go back and read Axl's comments about This I Love and how he didn't want to do it, but the others pushed for the song to make the album.

I hope Duff will come back in GN'R, it's his band. Axl is lonely, he has too much responsability and pressure on his shoulder. Guns N' Roses is too big for only him. In the old band the other guys were also famous and took some pressure off him.
I hope to never read another one of your posts, but unfortunately thats not going to happen.  Outside of a possible appearance with the band, he won't be rejoining as a full time member.   Tommy has been there for over 10 years working his ass off as the bassist in GnR.. show some fucking respect.  

is the word "Slash" representing the devil for you because Axl says so?
Slash has JACK SHIT to do with anything GnR related since 1996.    

Slash is no more my "hero" than Axl is, they are both, I'm not in war. I don't care of this feud, I don't do propaganda for any of them.
Yes, you do.  You spew propoganda about guys who haven't been involved in the band since the late 90s.   Classic troll.

They are both as important. They are both Guns N' Roses. So is Duff. This is their band to ALL of them.
Again, its not their band.  those guys haven't been in the picture since 1996.

Axl Rose, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Frank Ferrer, Brain, Ron Thal, and DJ Ashba.    Its THEIR band and nothing you can say or do will change that.

what a douchebag.

on topic, its kinda weird to see Ron and Duff playing together, but not in a bad way.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »

From Loaded's MySpace page...

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New York F**king City!

We here in Loaded would like to thank EVERYBODY for coming out to the Gramercy Theatre last night! We are all still buzzing about it this morning. It was our first time playing in the city and it was everything we hoped it would be.
Super big thanks to Ron Thal for coming down last night and absolutely KILLING it! What an amazing player and even cooler dude.

Thank to everybody that is coming to these shows, we are all in this together! Whoooooo!

Duff, Jeff, Geoff and Mike

Currently listening:
Abnormal
By Bumblefoot
Release date: 2008-07-01

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2009, 11:43:54 PM »

Wow!  That's quite nice of them, plugging Ron's solo disc.  I wonder how they became such good friends?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2009, 03:49:22 AM »

Classic troll.

How you can say that is beyond me!

Fair play to Duff - such a nice guy.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2009, 03:55:45 AM »

There you can see a video

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Jams with DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED in NYC: Video Available - May 20, 2009

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal joined DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, the band led by former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan, on stage last night (Tuesday, May 19) at the Blender Theater at Gramercy in New York City to perform a medley of classics from IGGY POP, JOURNEY, ZZ TO, JUDAS PRIEST, and more.

Video footage of the performance can be viewed below (courtesy of "Talking Metal").

"Sick", the new full-length album from DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, sold around 1,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD landed at position No. 43 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

"Sick" was released in North America on April 7 via Century Media Records. An e-card for the CD, which was produced by Martin Feveyear (PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, KINGS OF LEON), is available at this location.

Thal released an acoustic EP titled "Barefoot" in December. Bumblefoot's first collection of acoustic recordings, "Barefoot" sees the guitarist re-interpreting his own songs in a stripped-down bare form. It features versions of songs from various Bumblefoot albums performed in an intimate, revealing way unlike they've ever been heard before.

Bumblefoot last year inked a deal with DEEP/BCD Music Group. His latest full-length CD, "Abnormal", was made available in October. The DEEP/BCD Music Group version of the album includes an exclusive bonus track not available anywhere else.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=120435  (There you can see the video)

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:39 AM »

Why some people need to turn every thread into an argument about whose band GN'R is or whether it's a real band or not is beyond me.  Does it really fucking matter?  Also, does it matter if Duff is a fan of Chinese Democracy or not?  He obviously likes Ron's playing, and in case you haven't noticed he's done a lot more than just Chinese Democracy.
It looked like an awesome performance, by musicians who all enjoy playing music for all of the right reasons - which given the shit they've all been through in their lives with record labels, bands that can't seem to get along, etc. that's a fucking miracle in itself... so many people would've been jaded by now.  Not talking just Duff and Ron here... Jeff Rouse and Mike Squires' other band - Alien Crime Syndicate - were signed and dropped by two seperate labels before releasing anything.  That has to hurt.
On a side note - Jeff Rouse has now played with two current Guns N' Roses members, after Alien Crime Syndicate acted as Tommy Stinson's backing band in 2004. Smiley

The fact that one used to be in Guns N' Roses, and one is in Guns N' Roses is irrelevant, though an obvious talking point.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2009, 05:35:49 AM »

oh, that journey song is awesome, never heard it before Tongue
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2009, 05:56:17 AM »

Classic troll.

How you can say that is beyond me!

Fair play to Duff - such a nice guy.

says the guy with a cartoon of $lash in his avatar.   Roll Eyes   makes me want to fucking vomit.  and its not so much him, its his rabid fans who ruin every single legit topic they can and turn it into people who haven't been in the band for over a decade being GnR.   Thats not only being a troll, its fucking delusional!

The fact that one used to be in Guns N' Roses, and one is in Guns N' Roses is irrelevant, though an obvious talking point.
But you have to admit, people like Nesquick coming here flying a sig about how Duff is still in the band is doing nothing but antagonizing GnR fans.  I agree with just about everything else you said.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2009, 06:28:20 AM »

says the guy with a cartoon of $lash in his avatar.      makes me want to fucking vomit.  and its not so much him, its his rabid fans who ruin every single legit topic they can and turn it into people who haven't been in the band for over a decade being GnR.

Im quite happy that Slash is no longer GNR.  doesn't mean i cant follow the progress of the new guys.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2009, 07:11:34 AM »

Well, Chinese Democracy is Axl's album. Obviously the new guys would never tell him "No, I don't want to play this song,  Axl has the final say in the new band because he is the boss and the others probably can't say "no". But obviously with Slash and Duff the final say would have been collective.  no matter what Axl would say, the song wouldn't make the record. The decision, the power and the Leadership would be much more equilibrated and shared. That's the difference between a funding members band where they are all equal and a band with one guy and session players around him who can't say "no" because if they did, they would lose their job.

Actually this goes against the whole reason Axl kept the GN'R name going. Axl stated it is still a band. He in fact stated that had to be talked into putting This I Love onto Chinese Democracy.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2009, 10:34:41 AM »

I'm sort of mixed over this. Not that there's anything wrong with current members playing with old members. But the old members constantly seem like they want a reunion. And Duff isn't as noble as he may sound. He said Axl sounded great and sings his ass off on CD, but he doesn't say anything else about the album, like the guitar playing is unbelievable or that the songs have a great vide, he doesnt mention the music just Axls voice which always sounds great.

Jesus.  Roll Eyes

Some of you seem to look for the bad in anything. Duff said that Axl sang his ass off and that he was happy Axl was able to make the album that he wanted to. So, what about those particular comments lead you to make the assumption that he "isn't noble"? He has no obligation to make any certain statement. The guy was the bass player of the band when they were at their peak. I'd say he's qualified to comment as he sees fit, not according to what some of you expect him to say.

When Axl was asked during the forum chat what he thought about Duff's positive comments on the album, Axl responded by saying, "And"? Was that "noble" enough for your liking? I love how some of you seem to want to put a negative spin on something as simple as Duff and BBF doing a show together. Instead of creating left field conspiracy theories and negative agendas, how about just taking it for what it was ---- FUN.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »

From Duff in his column at Seattle Weekly...

I had an amazing gig the other night here in NYC...probably Loaded's best ever. We were joined onstage by Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, a virtuoso on guitar and a first-class all-around guy!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »

cool as hell.

He said Axl sounded great and sings his ass off on CD, but he doesn't say anything else about the album, like the guitar playing is unbelievable or that the songs have a great vide, he doesnt mention the music just Axls voice which always sounds great.

I noticed that too.  would have been pretty noble if he did but that might have been difficult in his situation.

maybe their doing the jam eased it(whatever) off a bit, don't you think?   Smiley
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »

We were joined onstage by Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, a virtuoso on guitar and a first-class all-around guy!

Does that make you all happy now?  Or do you want Duff to dry hump Tommy?  hihi

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2009, 11:55:26 AM »

From Duff in his column at Seattle Weekly...

I had an amazing gig the other night here in NYC...probably Loaded's best ever. We were joined onstage by Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, a virtuoso on guitar and a first-class all-around guy!

Sure. He may have said that BBF was a virtuoso on guitar and first class guy, but did he say that his playing on Chinese was epic amazing? I think we still need to be concerned as to Duff's true intentions. hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »

What are duff's true intentions in those words of praise, Mr mindreader?  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: