Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:18:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'  (Read 27810 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »

Yet another example that proves the old "you can't please everybody" clich? to be true.

On one hand you have people claiming GN'R members are all controlled by Axl (not allowed to talk about GN'R etc. etc.) and on the other hand you have people who get upset as soon as that theory is proven to be bullshit (like in this case).

While the world was watching TV last night, as I said, I was in a club in PA watching the complete opposite of American Idol! A real rock star who lived it and writes and plays his own music. Duff McKagan's new band Loaded kicked ass. Straight up in your face guitar rock. The band had a blast playing songs from their great new album Sick, as well as a medly of covers in a jam that included everything from Journey to Priest to The Stooges. The set also included G&R favorites Dust N Bones and Its So Easy. No VR tunes however. Duff's band sings and plays great also. Current G&R bassist Tommy Stinson was at the show also and I said hi to him in the dressing room prior to the set. Was interesting to see the bands current bass player watch Guns original bassist. Obviously Tommy's has much more of a history in rock than just Guns. Also, in NYC current Guns guitarist Bumblefoot jammed with Duff Tuesday night. Both Duff and Bumble told me they had a blast and who knows, that may happen again tonight when Loaded plays LI. Duff gave me a real nice shout out from the stage which I appreciated and it was also cool to hang with all the rock fans in the Allentown/ZZO area. Being in a club with a couple hundred sweaty rock fans seeing some quality kick ass music was the entertainment choice I made last night, and I'll take it anyday over a televised talent show.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/410116/pid/401816

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:54:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »

Not everything has to mean "something".  In the absence of any supporting evidence, then you have to except the explanation that it was fun between friends.  I guess that's not as sensational and entertaining as the other theories though is it?  Probably the same reason media reviews of Gn'R shows contain the same cliche's and oft-repeated myths in an attempt to entertain rather than inform.

I always wonder when people claim Jesus has shown himself to them in a burrito/piece of toast/potato - We live in an age of Twitter, FaceBook, Letterman, 24hr News channels - I mean surely there are more effective ways of getting your message across than appearing in random foods???
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »

Reading Falun's post, you could believe that all GnR's plans in the past 6 months were put on hold because of BF's intention to play with Loaded that night.  confused hihi
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »

i really dont get why people have any problem with ron getting up and doing his thing with duff.

axl got up and played with gilby again after gilby was out the band.

If it had been axl that had gotten up with duff the excitment around here by the majority would have been almost sickening.

Each member of gn'r can do whatever the hell they want. If they have down time or a day off then so what if they jam with another band.

Did anyone moan when axl was out and about singing for versace or that other birds birthday, no it was yeah axl is being seen in public.

Perhaps ron should just join us here and post the rare pictures he has of axl that none of us will ever see, or care to.

The fact the guys that are in gn'r these days play with the x members only proves how important they probably feel duff etc were in the past 20 years.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2009, 05:12:29 PM »

It's amazing how incestuous the scene is and how few degrees of separation there are. 

Bumblefoot always puts his heart and soul in, would have loved to have seen that live  ok

I'm sure Lisa would have sorted something for you  Wink hihi
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:03 PM »

i really dont get why people have any problem with ron getting up and doing his thing with duff.

axl got up and played with gilby again after gilby was out the band.

If it had been axl that had gotten up with duff the excitment around here by the majority would have been almost sickening.

Each member of gn'r can do whatever the hell they want. If they have down time or a day off then so what if they jam with another band.

Did anyone moan when axl was out and about singing for versace or that other birds birthday, no it was yeah axl is being seen in public.

Perhaps ron should just join us here and post the rare pictures he has of axl that none of us will ever see, or care to.

The fact the guys that are in gn'r these days play with the x members only proves how important they probably feel duff etc were in the past 20 years.

Ron doing anything promotes GN'R. Axl has given the message that Duff is ok, so there should be no problem here.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2009, 05:35:07 PM »

Axl has given the message that Duff is ok, so there should be no problem here.

Here I would have thought that it was ok because Ron is a grown man who is able to make his own decisions. hihi

Plus, it's in line with the reality that Axl doesn't hold any of these guys to any type of restrictions or gag orders.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2009, 05:50:50 PM »

I'll be one of the outsiders, here, and say I don't think Ron should have done that.   Why even risk your gig in GNR to jam with a band like Loaded?    I'm a VR fan, but I'm starting to see what Axl said about how certain ex-members just use their ties to Guns N Roses to sell their music.    I'm sure Duff knew it would get a bunch of talk cuz of the GNR angle...thus promoting loaded.  I also think it's funny that Duff is out there playing old GNR covers and not his VR songs.   Not to mention the whole lawsuit too.   Didn't Buckethead have to leave cuz he wanted to play other shows while waiting for the GNR tour?     

But hey, maybe Axl is fine with it, and him and Duff have made up and there is no problem.   I'm just trying to call it like I see it.   I don't think it was cool to put Axl in that position.   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:53:11 PM by Trist805 » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »

Didn't Buckethead have to leave cuz he wanted to play other shows while waiting for the GNR tour?     
no
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »

It's amazing how incestuous the scene is and how few degrees of separation there are. 

Bumblefoot always puts his heart and soul in, would have loved to have seen that live  ok

Unless she's started flying 747's across the Atlantic, no dice  hihi
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2009, 06:19:58 PM »

I'll be one of the outsiders, here, and say I don't think Ron should have done that.   Why even risk your gig in GNR to jam with a band like Loaded?    I'm a VR fan, but I'm starting to see what Axl said about how certain ex-members just use their ties to Guns N Roses to sell their music.    I'm sure Duff knew it would get a bunch of talk cuz of the GNR angle...thus promoting loaded.  I also think it's funny that Duff is out there playing old GNR covers and not his VR songs.   Not to mention the whole lawsuit too.   Didn't Buckethead have to leave cuz he wanted to play other shows while waiting for the GNR tour?     

But hey, maybe Axl is fine with it, and him and Duff have made up and there is no problem.   I'm just trying to call it like I see it.   I don't think it was cool to put Axl in that position.  

What position was Axl put in?

These guys can do whatever it is that they choose. It's not like Ron joined Loaded or VR, he simply played a gig for fun. Aside from Duff maybe asking "so how's Axl doing", I highly doubt that Axl was even a topic of conversation. From what we know, Duff hasn't spoken to Axl since 1998, and none of his interviews have suggested that it's a high priority for him to do so.

In my opinion, alot of the current bandmembers probably view being in today's Guns N Roses as a side project. God knows that there's plenty of time for other opportunities for each of them. My point being, I think alot of time, we as fans, take this soap opera shit alot more seriously than current/ex-members even do. An ex-member / current member played a gig. Nothing more. To suggest that Axl is sitting at home stewing over this is just utterly ridiculous.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2009, 06:27:44 PM »

U do realize that Duff wrote Its So easy right? So why can't a guy play his own song? Sure its a GNR song but it is also a duff song.

Also, Loaded is Duff's band but he isn't trying to be HUGE with this band. They only spent 20k on their album, which is a great album by the way.

Saying Duff used Bumblefoot to sell more records is ridiculous especially when 90 percent of the US have no idea Bumblefoot is even in GNR.

Also I think its cool that the new band members have something that most of the new fans don't have in regards to old GNR and that is respect.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2009, 06:49:49 PM »

What position was Axl put in?

These guys can do whatever it is that they choose. It's not like Ron joined Loaded or VR, he simply played a gig for fun. Aside from Duff maybe asking "so how's Axl doing", I highly doubt that Axl was even a topic of conversation. From what we know, Duff hasn't spoken to Axl since 1998, and none of his interviews have suggested that it's a high priority for him to do so.

In my opinion, alot of the current bandmembers probably view being in today's Guns N Roses as a side project. God knows that there's plenty of time for other opportunities for each of them. My point being, I think alot of time, we as fans, take this soap opera shit alot more seriously than current/ex-members even do. An ex-member / current member played a gig. Nothing more. To suggest that Axl is sitting at home stewing over this is just utterly ridiculous.

Well unless they made sure it was cool with Axl, it's kind of like they did it behind his back.  Considering the history you'd think Bumblefoot would have been a little more cautious.  Now Axl is put in a position where his name and band are attached to this thing that happened with Bumblefoot and Duff, when Axl is trying to move forward.  But someone said Duff and Ron were friends before, so maybe Axl doesn't care.   I think I remember Axl saying he would only be open to the idea of Axl and Duff working together and that they'd have to sit and work it out first. 

Also I know that Duff wrote It's So Easy...and even So Fine(which I consider to be a filler song).  Loaded is not bad, but it's also kind of generic.  Duff has become such a contradiction lately too, and this whole thing is just another example.   I think it's kind of lame for him to be playing old GNR tunes with Loaded when they have plenty of Loaded songs and even VR songs.  It's obvious that he is doing it for the GNR angle.   Oh and what's with him playing the guitar?   I hope to God he is at least still playing the bass on those old GNR songs when his band covers them.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2009, 06:57:11 PM »

Dude, go listen to the album. Or Duff's 1993 solo album Believe in Me. He has always played guitar, he has stated that he wrote Its So Easy on guitar. Don't judge before you havent even listened to it.

And he does play bass on the GN'R songs  ok
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2009, 06:59:17 PM »

And regarding the Bumblefoot appearence. He played a show with some people he knows, nothing more and nothing less.

The people trying to drag this into a Axl thing, or a promotional thing from Duff's side are the only people making this a massive deal.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »

ok well at least he plays the GNR songs on bass still.   I still think the cool thing to do would have been for them to get the ok from Axl, ...maybe they did?   I'm sure they will have to clear this up in an interview soon, anyways.
ben9785
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2009, 07:04:12 PM »

With all respect, some of these comments are getting out of hand. Last time I checked, GNR wasn't a secret cult. These guys have lives outside of GNR and are free to do whatever they want.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2009, 07:30:05 PM »

My brain told me: BANNED!

You were told to stop many times. But unlike many mammals, you don't learn from your mistakes.

It's like you keep pissing on the electric fence over and over again.

/jarmo
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Also.
I think its cool they jammed together, i think it helps bridge the divide a little. Stopping all the

NUUUU LINE UP VS OLLDDD LINE UP war, maybe.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »

why shouldn't Duff play songs he was apart of?

Hell, he is playing ISE and Dust N Bones for fuck's sake, it isn't like he is playing Jungle PC or SCOM or NR

Hell, i wish Axl would play Dust N Bones.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »

Jealous much Mysteron? tee hee hee
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: