Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:46:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n Roses in Israel, October 09?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n Roses in Israel, October 09?  (Read 14598 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »

I'm not disappointed either way, when the time is right, we will all have our turn, until then go back to doing what you were doing before, cuz it never happened right  Wink.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »

I hope Guns N' Roses hit the road in the near time.

If I learned something is wait until the date is announced on the official site. Kobetasonik Festival seemed to be a fact and then Beta dismissed all those rumours.

SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »

I doubt the new band can bring 50.000 people as well (exept the old band of course),

When there will be the moment to stop calling Guns N' Roses ''a new band''? I mean, this LINEUP is not ''new'' anymore, they did more than a hundred shows, tons of sellouts, recorded (at least) one incredible album and they work together for a decade or so.

One of their lead guitarists joined the band last month. The other one joined 3 years ago.
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 12:42:28 PM »

No, Richard Fortus joined 7 years ago. Even almost 8 years ago because contrary to what people know, he didn"t join in 2002 but in late 2001. He also could have joined in 2000 instead of Buckethead (wich, in my opinion, would have been the best thing that could have happened to the new line-up) Richard Fortus was there before Buckethead, he played with the band (especially Tommy, Dizzy and Josh Freeze) way before Buckethead.

And for the "new band" thing, it's just what it is. Together for a decade? not really, they aren't the same guys than at RIR 2001.

There have been 6 guitarists in the band since 2001 : Paul Tobias (1996-2001), Robin Finck (1996-2007), Buckethead(2000-2001 and 2002-2004, he left a couple of month in 2001 and then came back), Richard Fortus (2001-Present), Bumblefoot (2006-Present) and now DJ Ashba (2009).

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:16:16 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 12:44:29 PM »

No, Richard Fortus joined 7 years ago.

Not "no", yes!

Bumblefoot joined three years ago, DJ joined a few months ago AND Richard in 2002.

You're all correct.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »

Not "no", yes!

Bumblefoot joined three years ago, DJ joined a few months ago AND Richard in 2002.

You're all correct.

/jarmo

I edited my post to add a few precisions  Cool
In fact Richard is around since 2000 but had the final call in the fall of 2001, and started touring in 2002  Tongue

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 05:06:01 PM »

Remember the Italian promoter who was talking about a show in Italy in May/June? Nothing happened....

It's possible the Israeli promoter wants GN'R there in October, but that doesn't necessarily mean GN'R will be there.

/jarmo

Same thing happened in Norway....

Some promoter here in Stavanger started a rumour, that they were in contact with GN'R and that contracts were actually signed. And when they're asked by journalists from newspapers on the matter, they neither confirm or deny!

Seems like it's all part of "the game"....

Stavanger-rock-city!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »

Not "no", yes!

You're all correct.

/jarmo

I edited my post to add a few precisions  Cool
In fact Richard is around since 2000 but had the final call in the fall of 2001, and started touring in 2002  Tongue

Richard never played with the band back in 2000 from what I recall. He was talking with the band back then but then he never heard anything from them again until spring 2002. Please get your facts straight...
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 06:09:49 PM »

He made a session in 2000 to be the Lead Guitarist of the band but Axl chose BH instead. If Axl hadn't hired BH, Richard would have had the gig. Then Richard was told he would get the call next time. By late 2001 he had the call, joined the band on late 2001 and started playing on Spring 2002.

For your information, Richard has always been the main Guitarist in all the bands he's been in. He hasn't been given this opportunity in GN'R yet, so I hope he will. That's why I'm waiting for the next tour so much, to see how much responsabilities he will be given in the band now. I hope he will finally be given this chance and take most of Robin's parts and be a strong force in some new material, hopefully. He is made to be on Front Line. BBF and DJ Ashba should back him up, but to me, the main Guitarist is Richard now.

Anyway, we're a little bit of topic, that's not the subject  Tongue

PS: what happened between cd.com and newgnr.com? Why did they separate? you can answer me by PM if you want. I never understood what happened there. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:21:25 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 06:38:20 PM »

He made a session in 2000 to be the Lead Guitarist of the band but Axl chose BH instead. If Axl hadn't hired BH, Richard would have had the gig. Then Richard was told he would get the call next time. By late 2001 he had the call, joined the band on late 2001 and started playing on Spring 2002.

No that's not the way it happened.....

From an interview Richard did last year:

It?s funny because 2 years before, I had gotten a call to come in and audition for them. This was before I knew Tommy. I had gotten a call to audition, but then Buckethead got the gig before I came out. I was scheduled to come out and audition. They called and said, ?Yeah, we want to fly you out this week.? I was going to be there anyway doing sessions, so I could do it at that time. They said, ?Perfect.? I didn?t hear back from them, so I just figured, ?Well, it must not be happening.?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/richard_fortus_of_gnr_theres_a_constant_quest_for_the_perfect_tone.html
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 06:45:09 PM »

How surprising. The Fortus Super Fan has turned a thread about a rumored gig into a Fortus history lesson.

Great guitar player, wrong thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »

No that's not the way it happened.....

From an interview Richard did last year:

It?s funny because 2 years before, I had gotten a call to come in and audition for them. This was before I knew Tommy. I had gotten a call to audition, but then Buckethead got the gig before I came out. I was scheduled to come out and audition. They called and said, ?Yeah, we want to fly you out this week.? I was going to be there anyway doing sessions, so I could do it at that time. They said, ?Perfect.? I didn?t hear back from them, so I just figured, ?Well, it must not be happening.?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/richard_fortus_of_gnr_theres_a_constant_quest_for_the_perfect_tone.html

Ok, my bad, I thought he did the session. You're right.  Cool

How surprising. The Fortus Super Fan has turned a thread about a rumored gig into a Fortus history lesson.

Great guitar player, wrong thread.

/jarmo

Yes I know it's the wrong topic. You're right too.

Seems like I'm wrong to everything today  hihi

Back on Topic, no problem. Cool

axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 04:44:23 AM »

Iron Maiden change a lot of his members, but always play the old and new songs, and everybody thing is all right. Guns do it too, what's the problem? I wanna hear the chinese democracy songs, but I wanna hear the old songs too, I'm a fan of this band since 1989 and I wanna hear every album of the band.

P.S.: Sorry for my english.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 05:23:58 AM »

Iron Maiden change a lot of his members, but always play the old and new songs, and everybody thing is all right. Guns do it too, what's the problem? I wanna hear the chinese democracy songs, but I wanna hear the old songs too, I'm a fan of this band since 1989 and I wanna hear every album of the band.

No problem with that at all.  Just, in relation to Velvet Revolver, you can see how they struggle more with attendance to shows because there not playing many Guns n Roses songs (2-3) and dont have the name.  I know it wasn't you but somebody above was mocking VR for not having bigger attendances, which is very hard when not playing old GNR hits.  They also play a lot more shows to smaller crowds

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 06:55:25 AM »

Slas has distanced himself from GNR? I sure don't get that impression.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 08:35:34 AM »

Wow!

Another Slash vs. Axl debate.

How original.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 08:54:02 AM »

Wow!

Another Slash vs. Axl debate.

How original.

Exactly.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2009, 01:09:01 AM »

Those of you still harping over the GnR name issue ALL THESE YEARS LATER need to fuck off and go somewhere else already.  sick of that bullshit.   Axl kept the GnR name.   Accept it or fuck off.  I'm tired of hearing about it.

On topic, hope the show happens.  Isreal hasn't seen Guns N' Roses in almost 16 years, so they are due for a show or two right?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2009, 09:55:51 AM »

Nice editing.  Cool way of getting one point across.  ok

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2009, 09:56:47 AM »

Those of you still harping over the GnR name issue ALL THESE YEARS LATER need to fuck off and go somewhere else already.  sick of that bullshit.   Axl kept the GnR name.   Accept it or fuck off.  I'm tired of hearing about it.

On topic, hope the show happens.  Isreal hasn't seen Guns N' Roses in almost 16 years, so they are due for a show or two right?

think a show in israel may present some kind of security threat? given the situation in that part of the world Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: