Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:50:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n Roses in Israel, October 09?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n Roses in Israel, October 09?  (Read 14603 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« on: May 12, 2009, 03:12:21 AM »

Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses will play in Israel, most likely on October 2, 2009, as part of the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

Chinese Democracy was one of the most successful albums in recent years, putting the names Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses back on the World Map.

The first and only time Guns N 'Roses played Israel was in July 1993 at the Park Hayarkon in Tel Aviv. That show has been considered since, one of the worst in the band's history.

It seems that it's time for Axl Rose and his new band to be given a chance to correct the impression that the old band gave the Israeli audience. (Mako)

Sorry for the awful translation. If anyone can do better, please let me know.
-Mack

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2009/05/guns-n-roses-on-way-to-israel.html

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:01:32 AM »

nice, let's warm up in sweden in september Wink
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 05:24:29 AM »

Great news! Things are moving! Smiley

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 07:25:03 AM »

That's cool  Smiley

Paul Mc Cartney did a show a couple of month ago at Ayarkon Park in Tel Aviv, there were 50.000 people  Tongue
I doubt the new band can bring 50.000 people as well (exept the old band of course), but 25.000/30.000 people is still possible for the new band  Cool

Park Ayarkon is a nice place, it looks like the big gardens in California with Palm Trees and all  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:00:59 AM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 08:12:48 AM »

This is great news, good find. Wish they'd name it something other than the Chinese Democracy World Tour, how many does that make now?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 08:55:25 AM »

This is great news, good find. Wish they'd name it something other than the Chinese Democracy World Tour, how many does that make now?

Is the name of the tour really going to have an effect on your time at a show? Roll Eyes

Axl is God.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »

Whats the source?  How credible is this site?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 09:25:19 AM »

What went so badly at the 1993 show?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »

Absolutely great news, if this is credible information, and being it is not until Oct, still leaving summer wide open for more shows, possibly some of those festival or stadium tours.  Regardless, this could be the beginning of what we have all been waiting for ok.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »

I hope It's true !!
Korpiklaani and GNR at the same month its more than I can wish  Cool

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 10:42:22 AM »

Whats the source?  How credible is this site?
this?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=148988
a poster from Israel posted and translated the story.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »

Chinese Democracy one of the most successful albums in recent history? I absolutely love the album but wasn't it called a commercial failure?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 10:49:22 AM »

Chinese Democracy one of the most successful albums in recent history? I absolutely love the album but wasn't it called a commercial failure?

Worldwide, it did incredibly well.  Even in the US, it still did well.  By standards set by prior Gn'R releases, it has not done as well so far, but it hasn't been a bomb or anything.  It's just that our standards are so absurdly high for Gn'R.

And, I'd add, the album is still selling!  It's not over.  I know some people are convinced they know all about how the music industry works, but...they don't know.  These are the same people that never could have/would have (who could have?) predicted AFD's success every day until it happened.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 10:56:55 AM »

I wouldn't call it a failure. 3 million copies is ok nowadays and considering it's not the "real" band. It's like if tomorow Bono calls himself U2, goes solo, hires a revolving door of session players and takes 15 years to release a U2's album without The Edge and Adam Clayton... trust me, he wouldn't sell as much records as "Achtung baby". It's normal.

Chinese Democracy is neither a failure, nor a success, but it's a good album, and I'm sure the Tour will be successfull. It won't be a Rolling Stones, U2, Metallica or AC/DC kind of Tour but it will be ok  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:22:12 AM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 11:03:08 AM »

says who?

Only in a month it made the 14th best seller of the year. if it wasn't called successful, what about the rest?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 11:07:21 AM »

seems to be just a rumour so far.  but remember, there is no smoke without fire

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »

Remember the Italian promoter who was talking about a show in Italy in May/June? Nothing happened....

It's possible the Israeli promoter wants GN'R there in October, but that doesn't necessarily mean GN'R will be there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »

I doubt the new band can bring 50.000 people as well (exept the old band of course),

When there will be the moment to stop calling Guns N' Roses ''a new band''? I mean, this LINEUP is not ''new'' anymore, they did more than a hundred shows, tons of sellouts, recorded (at least) one incredible album and they work together for a decade or so.

This band already showed it can bring huge crowds to their shows. Did you already forget that three years ago, this band was the main act in every fucking single megafestival, with 70.000+ people at Rock In Rio, Donington, Rock Am Ring, and other slightly smaller festivals like Graspop, Natural, Gods Of Metal, Rockwave, etc? Did you already forget how this band sellout the Garden in 10 minutes in 2002 and then in 2006? How much time did the tickets for the australian tour in 2007 last?

you want the old band? There you have the corpse of Velvet Revolver, whose attendance average was a very sad 1.100 people / show. yeah, the ''real'' GNR who was the opening act for My Chemichal Romance at Download 2007  rofl

well, it sold 3 million copies worldwide in less than 6 months, and it ended 14th in the rank of most sold albums of 2008 with only one month in circulation...

I wouldn't call it a failure. 3 million copies is ok nowadays and considering it's NOT the "real" band, I mean the old band with the original members.
Lots of people weren't interested in, aren't interested in and will never be interested in this new line up, ever. For most of people it's not Guns N' Roses. Deal with it. This was to be expected.

It's like if tomorow Bono calls himself U2, goes solo, hires a revolving door of session players and takes 15 years to release a U2's album without The Edge and Adam Clayton... trust me, he wouldn't sell as much records as "Achtung baby". It's normal.

Chinese Democracy is neither a failure, nor a success, but it's a good album, and I'm sure the Tour will be successfull. It won't be a Rolling Stones, U2, Metallica or AC/DC kind of Tour but it will be ok  Smiley

who should I believe regarding the ''identity'' of Guns N' Roses? Axl, the legacy and history of this band, what I see in my Chinese Democracy cover and booklet, the music I hear, or a resentful moron like you?

There is only one Guns N' Roses, there is not a ''fake'' GNR and another ''real'' GNR. GN'R has only one (1) original member onstage since december 1991, and you wont call ''fake'' that band, dont you? GNR has historically changed its lineup, like many others band did.

You should not be in this forum. I am taking a look at your last posts and you do nothing but disrespect the GNR bandmembers and insulting the identity of this band with your ''real'' and ''fake'' bullshit. This is a place for GNR fans, and you're clearly not one. This is Guns N' Roses, thats the only and one reality. You choose to be a fan or not, no one forces you.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 11:57:11 AM »

I hope this is true, die for seeing Gn'R onstage again but this rumour is too awkward, I think that maybe s a promoters thing as Jarmo wrote...  Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »

south America was also rumoured. It's not bad thing that promoters are trying to get GNR.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: