Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:42:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 32435 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2009, 05:08:53 PM »

GnR were one of the pioneers of Grunge...

Ah, revisionist history once again...

not exactly, I wouldnt call them a pioneer of grunge. HOWEVER, if GNR never brought the grittiness and seriousness back to popular rock music I guarantee you Geffen would have NEVER signed Nirvana to a major record deal...If it were bands like Warrant and Winger still tearing up the charts why would the label do a complete 180 and sign Nirvana?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »

GnR were one of the pioneers of Grunge...

Ah, revisionist history once again...

not exactly, I wouldnt call them a pioneer of grunge. HOWEVER, if GNR never brought the grittiness and seriousness back to popular rock music I guarantee you Geffen would have NEVER signed Nirvana to a major record deal...If it were bands like Warrant and Winger still tearing up the charts why would the label do a complete 180 and sign Nirvana?

i think thats what gild was trying to say. GNR were integral to the eventual grunge takeover.

i think the bottom line is its okay for u guys to like Creed. i respect both u and D's taste in music, i love metallica too. and D likes cool bands like the chili peppers and NIN.

but dont make ridiculous claims about grunge sucking or tremonti being a possible guitar legend of the 90's. c'mon.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »

it's kinda annoying when people dismiss Kurt Cobain as a "pussy" or whatever, just because he killed himself.

thats the definition of weak actually...What kind of message does that send?  Hey if things get that bad its ok to blow your fucking head off...wow what a hero.  Other guys have had addictions and it didnt stop them.  Dave Mustaine was hooked on WAY WAY more drugs than Cobain for like 20 something years, all the while he was watching a band that kicked him out become the biggest band of that genre in the history of mankind...did he blow his head off?  No.  He just put out 6 straight platinum records, and is still putting out records and doing tours that do well.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »

but dont make ridiculous claims about grunge sucking or tremonti being a possible guitar legend of the 90's. c'mon.

Creed or no Creed I always thought grunge sucked, except for a few songs here and there...and I do like Nirvana.  Tremonti is a great guitar player, any guitar player or guitar magazine will tell you so.  You might not like his music, but he is one of if not the best guitar to come out of the 90's.(not that that says much)
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »

Creed or no Creed I always thought grunge sucked, except for a few songs here and there...and I do like Nirvana.  Tremonti is a great guitar player, any guitar player or guitar magazine will tell you so.  You might not like his music, but he is one of if not the best guitar to come out of the 90's.(not that that says much)

oh please.

Corgan destroys him. u might not like the smashing pumpkins, it took me a while to get past his voice, but the man can play guitar.

oh and Tom Morello, who was mentioned earlier.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:20:46 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2009, 05:23:45 PM »

whatever guys i dont want to start another fight u clearly have different tastes, but i guess we can put tremonti in a list with morello, cantrell, and corgan and call it even  ok

where they rank im sure we would have different opinions.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:36:34 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2009, 05:48:43 PM »

whatever guys i dont want to start another fight u clearly have different tastes, but i guess we can put tremonti in a list with morello, cantrell, and corgan and call it even 

agree to disagree... ok

I will say that this is the first time I have ever seen Billy Corgans name on a list involving great guitar players.  Im going to look into it a little more.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2009, 05:51:03 PM »

From People magazine...

Band Creed Reunites for New Album
By Jessica Herndon
Originally posted Monday April 27, 2009 09:05 AM EDT
Creed

After a six-year hiatus, multi-platinum selling Orlando-based rock band Creed have returned with a new record tentatively titled Full Circle.

"We never felt like we weren't together," says frontman Scott Stapp. "We're not looking at this as a reunion. It's more of a rebirth."

Though they stayed in touch through holiday cards and the occasional phone call, the group refrained from recording together in order to, "explore other creative outlets and build the main priority in all of our lives, which is our family," says Stapp.

Indeed, the band has grown up quite a bit, as has Stapp's son Jagger, the muse behind their hit "With Arms Wide Open." "He's not a baby anymore," says the proud papa of the 10-year-old. Stapp now also has a 2-year-old named Mil?n.

Could another hit about his offspring be on the horizon? Quite possibly. He wrote a tune about his daughter as well, simply titled "Milan Song." "She's my twin soul, my light," he says of his little lady. "I do whatever she wants."

Stapp, who made the initial push for Creed to get back together, says it was awesome to see all the guys in one room again. "I said, 'I love you and if I've ever caused you any pain in your life forgive me.' And they said the same things right back."

With any bad blood dissolved, the guys got back to jamming and planning a summer tour. "We're not trying to stay in a certain place or conform to where we left off," says Stapp. "The music is fresh, edgy, raw, passionate, honest and it rocks."

"It's just the right time and we're all excited!"

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »

it's kinda annoying when people dismiss Kurt Cobain as a "pussy" or whatever, just because he killed himself.

thats the definition of weak actually...What kind of message does that send?  Hey if things get that bad its ok to blow your fucking head off...wow what a hero.  Other guys have had addictions and it didnt stop them.  Dave Mustaine was hooked on WAY WAY more drugs than Cobain for like 20 something years, all the while he was watching a band that kicked him out become the biggest band of that genre in the history of mankind...did he blow his head off?  No.  He just put out 6 straight platinum records, and is still putting out records and doing tours that do well.

I didn't say it was OK or that he was a hero for killing himself, I just think that calling someone "weak" kinda ignores a lot of stuff.

Quite a few famous musicians committed suicide. I think it would be unfair to label them "weak" as well. As I said earlier, things like drugs (and fame too I guess) will affect everyone differently. Some people just aren't as strong-willed as others it would seem and unfortunately in their minds, the only way out is suicide. I would hope the message there isn't "if it gets too much, kill yourself", but rather "don't allow it to get too much in the first place".

Layne Staley was the same. He knew how bad his addiction was and said it would kill him, and he was right. But was that his fault? Should others have done more to help him?

Gah, this topic is bringing me down! Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »

I have some great bands I love and I have some questionable ones but I Don't care what people think

My favorites are GNR,Prince,Bon Jovi,Chili's,Metallica,Kiss,NIN,Aerosmith,Pink Floyd,Velvet Revolver,Skid Row/Sebastian

those are my main top ones and then there are bands like Creed etc that I like but not on the same level as the ones above.

I never liked U2,AIC,Soundgarden etc

I don't doubt they are great bands and I see why people like them, I just never got into them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2009, 06:37:23 PM »

whatever guys i dont want to start another fight u clearly have different tastes, but i guess we can put tremonti in a list with morello, cantrell, and corgan and call it even 

agree to disagree... ok

I will say that this is the first time I have ever seen Billy Corgans name on a list involving great guitar players.  Im going to look into it a little more.
Billy tends to hold himself back on alot of there mid to late 90s albums, probably because solos were uncool.

But listen to this solos on the debut album. Some serious ownage!

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2009, 08:03:50 PM »

not exactly, I wouldnt call them a pioneer of grunge. HOWEVER, if GNR never brought the grittiness and seriousness back to popular rock music I guarantee you Geffen would have NEVER signed Nirvana..

Plenty of the Sunset Strip bands had success long after (paraphasing) "GNR brought the grittiness and seriousness back to popular rock"....Hell, AFD was released in 1987, I don't think it took Geffen 4 years to realize a shift in popular culture was coming...

Oct. 1991 was the death knell, nothing before.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2009, 08:14:57 AM »

not exactly, I wouldnt call them a pioneer of grunge. HOWEVER, if GNR never brought the grittiness and seriousness back to popular rock music I guarantee you Geffen would have NEVER signed Nirvana..

Plenty of the Sunset Strip bands had success long after (paraphasing) "GNR brought the grittiness and seriousness back to popular rock"....Hell, AFD was released in 1987, I don't think it took Geffen 4 years to realize a shift in popular culture was coming...

Oct. 1991 was the death knell, nothing before.

It was in the makings years before 1991.  With bands like Faith No More, the Pixies, jane's Addiction and I stand by my claim of GnR being at the forefront of this new sound.  The GnR sound and lyrics are more closely related to Grunge than Hair Metal.  Plus, GnR were influenced by both classic rock and punk much like Soundgarden or Mother Love Bone.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2009, 09:52:17 AM »

Difference is.

Faith No More , Janes Addiction kicked ass and were heavy.

The Pixies are gay.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2009, 09:54:46 AM »

The Pixies are gay.

I laughed, I'll be honest.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2009, 10:31:27 AM »

The Pixies are gay.

uh huh, and Nirvana ripped them off to a point.

html sucks
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2009, 11:05:48 AM »

The Pixies are gay.

uh huh, and Nirvana ripped them off to a point.

Gay or not gay, it doesn't matter, they were still around. 

Cobain openly admitted that he ripped off the Pixies with the whole soft /loud dynamics.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2009, 11:13:12 AM »

The Pixies are gay.
Come on, like them or not you really need better insults than that, I thought people stopped calling things gay when they didn't like them around the age of 12.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2009, 12:49:03 PM »

^I know it wasn't the best insult, but it just came out of nowhere.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2009, 01:08:36 PM »

^I know it wasn't the best insult, but it just came out of nowhere.
like a penis from a glory hole
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: