Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 32464 times)
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2009, 11:06:20 PM »

Jarmo is absolutely right - Creed sucks donkeyballs - Scott Stapp is a hypocrite - anyone remember the incident with Kid Rock on the tourbus?

They give christianity a bad name - alter bridge is decent for whatever thats worth

I saw Tremonti live and he can shred

Creed - please go away with limp biscuit and korn

also on a side note - anyone else find it strange that korn's upcoming album targets the perils of religion, power, money, etc considering Fieldy has taken "Head's" route and gone christian?- hypocrites everywhere - korn is borderline satanic and fieldy stays on board for a paycheck - wtf?

btw GNR ROCKS
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2009, 11:53:04 PM »

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2009, 12:31:46 AM »

Macarena > Creed  Cheesy

Getting a root canal > Creed.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2009, 01:59:07 AM »

Creed vs Nickelback?

I'm just going to vote "present"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2009, 04:14:56 AM »

boring sums all all of those 90's bands..why does Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins get a pass? 

Because they were there at a time when people were listening to bands like Winger!

Everyone was listening to Guns N Roses, Metallica and Aerosmith in 1992, Winger was long gone by then.  But if you are going to compare Pearl Jam to god awful hair metal bands I guess I will have to take Pearl Jams side on that one...barely.  If the 90's grunge/altrock  scene never happened you really wouldnt even know it today.  Most(good) young rock bands are influenced by 80's guitar players and Metallica is still always at the top of the charts...its like the 90's didnt even happen. 

At the end of the day I enjoy Creeds message and Tremonti's guitar playing, so sue me.  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:16:48 AM by Bodhi » Logged
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2009, 05:26:41 AM »

Creed vs Nickelback?

I'm just going to vote "present"

I don't even know if I'd want to be present with those choices ahhaah  peace  beer
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2009, 07:30:51 AM »

tbh.

id rather listen to this "bubblegum" rock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ

over this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIgfYVq5Y5A

i dont even know what Vedder is saying in half of that song. Does he even know himself?

At the end of the day, Nelson sucks balls. But Winger are comprised of talented guys, i cant say those guys are fakes if they have wrote there own tunes and learnt to play there instruments as good as that. Yeah they look ridiculous, even by my standards  Wink , but listen to that fuckin guitar solo. That is awesome.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2009, 10:20:58 AM »

Everyone was listening to Guns N Roses, Metallica and Aerosmith in 1992, Winger was long gone by then. 

I was there.

A band like Mr Big had a hit in early 1992.  Wink

And those hair bands would've kept going if there wasn't an alternative.

If the 90's grunge/altrock  scene never happened you really wouldnt even know it today.

That's like saying you wouldn't have known in the 80s that punk happened in the 70s.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2009, 02:55:32 PM »

Everyone was listening to Guns N Roses, Metallica and Aerosmith in 1992, Winger was long gone by then. 

I was there.

A band like Mr Big had a hit in early 1992.  Wink

And those hair bands would've kept going if there wasn't an alternative.

I dont know about that...in 1992 the 2 biggest bands on earth were Guns N Roses and Metallica.  Megadeth was also topping the charts at that time as well.  You dont get less glam rock than James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine.  It wasnt like alt rock just came along and all the sudden there was a sudden switch from glam to alt rock.  Even Motley Crue ditched the make up in 1987, long before alt rock began.  I got into music big time in the summer of 1992, it was MTV's coverage of the GNR/Metallica tour that exposed me to them and instantly made them my 2 favorite bands.    I also got into Megadeth big time, because I was exposed to it.  I never remember seeing any Warrant, Nelson or Winger or any of that at that time.  I mean I guess the videos were still on but they were not in heavy rotation or at least I didnt see it.

It just seems that 90's alt rock gets all this credit for this huge musical revolution, but what great artists came out of that revolution?  Billy Corgan?  Dave Grohl?  Actually talk about generic boring radio rock, the Foo Fighters are the undisputed champions of that.  Everyone talks about this early 90's movement but all it did is make rock music LESS popular because it watered it down to 3 barre chord rock, that anybody in a flannel and Doc Martens could play.  It is no surprise Hip/Hop and Rap took over the charts for the next decade.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »

Wow Bodhi, agree 100 percent.

early 90's rock is mainly why music sucks today. Because all the kids learned to play the shitty grunge stuff which is why guitar playing is at an all time low.

Musicians in the 80's grew up on Hendrix and zepp and RS and Clapton and Iommi,Beck, May etc etc  whereas kids today grew up on shitty Seattle grunge music.

Guitar playing is becoming a lost art which is why I love hearing Mark Tremonti of Creed. This guy owns most guitar players from the mid 90's on.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »

early 90's rock is mainly why music sucks today. Because all the kids learned to play the shitty grunge stuff which is why guitar playing is at an all time low.

Are you saying Jerry Cantrell can't play guitar? A guy who was part of that whole scene.

It just seems that 90's alt rock gets all this credit for this huge musical revolution, but what great artists came out of that revolution?  Billy Corgan?  Dave Grohl? 

Kurt Cobain. The poster boy himself.

Some of my favorite singers are from that era....

Then you got people like Reznor and Manson who came out around that time or shortly after.

There were a bunch of bands that had been around for a while that didn't break until around that time. The focus changed and suddenly a band like Red Hot Chili Peppers went mainstream.

Same thing with bands like Soul Asylum and Soundgarden...

MTV started playing a lot of bands that wouldn't have gotten airtime a few years earlier (unless it was on 120 Minutes).

You listen to Creed and think the generation before them was boring. That's ironic.

Kinda like listening to The Offspring while thinking The Clash, The Ramones and the Sex Pistols were boring. hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2009, 05:18:35 PM »

Of the 'big 4' of grunge, I like Nirvana and AIC (I'd say Nirvana are one of my favourite bands) but I don't 'get' Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. Maybe I'm not listening closely enough but I don't.... I know Kurt Cobain isn't highly regarded as a guitarist (by anyone who doesn't work for Rolling Stone at least Tongue) or a singer but that doesn't matter much to me, because their music has something about it. I don't know what, it just has a power, like, the band want to be playing music. A lot of bands today sound.... bored. I heard a Radiohead song today (another 90s band) and I just don't quite get their appeal.

I don't have the authority to comment on anyone's guitar-playing skills so I won't get into that.... Wink

EDIT: I have to say, I do like some of Nickelback's stuff too....
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:20:34 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »

Jerry Cantrell yeah, but would u put him in the same sentence as Joe Perry,Slash,Kirk Hammett?

Great guitarist for his time, but I don't think he would make many people's top ten list.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2009, 05:57:21 PM »

Are you saying Jerry Cantrell can't play guitar? A guy who was part of that whole scene.

You listen to Creed and think the generation before them was boring. That's ironic.

Kinda like listening to The Offspring while thinking The Clash, The Ramones and the Sex Pistols were boring. hihi

/jarmo

Cantrell is an adequate guitar player..and I really dont even like AIC too much but Im willing to say they didnt blow.  I loathe Chris Cornell and anything he has ever done except for "Outshined".     You are going to laugh but I actually do enjoy some Offspring songs.  I also think The Clash, The Ramones and the Sex Pistols just might be the 3 worst bands of all time, its funny you mentioned them all at once.  Ok maybe The Cure and The Police are worse, but its close.    No joke..I HATE all of them, especially the Sex Pistols.  But I am a fan of guitar driven music.  They dont have to play like Yngwie Malmsteen or anything, cause I find his stuff boring too sometimes, but I have to enjoy the riffs.  James Hetfield is a perfect example.  His riffs are always good, hes a good guitar player but not phenomenal by any means, but I love what he writes.  There is not much to like guitar wise about 90's alt rock..lots of chords and whining and moaning...pretty depressing.  I first got into music when the early 80's thrash metal scene was finally hitting it big commercially in the late 80's and early 90's, so when you are first exposed to Dave Mustaine and Kirk Hammett its pretty easy to get bored with the dude from Pearl Jam who i still can't name or the dude from Soundgarden.  Back on topic Im hear defending Creed and they are not even in my top 10 or top 20 bands of all time list.  They do make my top 50 I will say that much.

I think minus GNR and some other band we just have a different taste in music, and a different opinion on what was influential.  I know you are not the biggest fan of Metallica, but I think they are the greatest band in the world(besides GNR of course).  I am not here saying Creed was this influential band, because they were not..they were just a solid rock band at a time when people only listened to rap and hip hop.  That was part of the reason they were so popular.  They broke through on commerical pop stations because there music was pretty tame and not that heavy and appealed to lots of people.  The fact that I completely ignored the early 90s alt rock scene might also play a part in why I liked Creed so much, because they were different and new to ME.  I still think for all the talk about "Nevermind" and "Ten", that the Use Your Illusion set and the Black album are still without a doubt the 2 best albums of the 90's.  I will say that the "Black" album especially in 2009 is more relevant musically than anything Nirvana or Pearl Jam ever did.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »

Jerry Cantrell yeah, but would u put him in the same sentence as Joe Perry,Slash,Kirk Hammett?

Kirk Hammett?

I also think The Clash, The Ramones and the Sex Pistols just might be the 3 worst bands of all time, its funny you mentioned them all at once.

You listen to Creed and think some of the most influential bands of the 70s are the worst three bands of all time. Enough said.

You only "get" one Soundgarden song.

I don't know what exactly makes that one stand out from the rest of Badmotorfinger.....

The whole idea that the early 90s were boring is said by people who wished the 80s wouldn't have ended.  Tongue

Guitar playing didn't disappear at all. There's plenty of guitars on those Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam records...

With that, I'm done bumping this thread about a band I absolutely loathe and that I consider one of the worst examples of modern rock that has existed in the last decade.  nervous

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2009, 06:33:22 PM »

My favorite albums of the 90s?

Skid Row- Slave To the Grind
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals

There are others, but im really tired and cannot function to think right now.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2009, 06:54:17 PM »

Guitar playing didn't disappear at all. There's plenty of guitars on those Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam records...

talking about guitarplaying in the early 90's.. don't forget tom morello
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2009, 07:44:36 PM »

Great guitarist for his time, but I don't think he would make many people's top ten list.

He's in my top ten, easy.

On topic...

Creed is right up there with Coldplay in my book, simply unlistenable.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:44:30 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »

/jarmo

I think minus GNR and some other band we just have a different taste in music, and a different opinion on what was influential.  

It would be interesting to compare our favorite bands. Just because we like Creed (like you said they're in my top 50, not top 10), we must have a bad taste in music. I'd be willing to compare my favorite bands with anyone. I think it would be a fun experiment.  hihi
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2009, 09:25:04 PM »

talking about guitarplaying in the early 90's.. don't forget tom morello

Tom Morello OWNS.  I've had the pleasure of seeing him share the stage with Slash and Bruce Springsteen.  (Not both of them at the same time.)

Guitar cable solos RULE!

RAGE was pretty badass too.  Another 90's band that rams their cock down Creed's throat.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: