Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:18:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 32599 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 08:30:07 AM »

To say that anyone in Creed is better than someone in PJ is a joke. 

I can tell from this post that you never picked up a guitar in your life...because saying the guitar player from Pearl Jam is better than Mark Tremonti is fucking ludicrous. 

Agree 1 million percent.

Tremonti is a rock GOD. Nothing Pearl Jam have guitar wise would be considered challenging.

Stapp has a bad rep and is kind of an unlikeable dude. but that doesn't take away from the music.

they have sold more records than any other band from the 90's

Sales do not equate to talent.  Look at all the jackoffs on American Idol and how their sales are much larger than bands with actual talent like Modest Mouse or Ben Harper.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 01:24:36 PM »

Ben Harper sucks

Please

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »

To say that anyone in Creed is better than someone in PJ is a joke. 

I can tell from this post that you never picked up a guitar in your life...because saying the guitar player from Pearl Jam is better than Mark Tremonti is fucking ludicrous. 

The fact that you are defending a PJ wanna be band tells me that, other than GnR, you have horrible taste in music.

So the dude can shred, big damn deal.  So do a lot of guys but that doesn't make them good.   McCready has an awesome feel for the music and his solos live are awesome as is the solo at the end of Yellow Ledbetter.

just cause I think Creed is better than Pearl Jam I have horrible taste in music?  Look Creed and Pearl jam are both on my personal lower tiers of music...I just happen to like Creed more..GNR, Metallica, Megadeth, Aerosmith,Crue, Buckcherry,Queen, and all my other favorite bands piss all over both of them...Pearl Jam is in my Top 50 somewhere, but in the bottom half for sure...I unlike alot of America was never "amazed" by Eddie Vedders incoherent moaning...they were an ok band...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 04:31:17 PM »

I agree with Bodhi.

I love like 6 Pearl Jam songs and they are amazing songs, but the rest................ Just don't appeal to me.

Eddie Vedder has never been "cool" to me

not that Stapp is, if Stapp had kept his mouth shut, Creed would've still been huge.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 04:46:46 PM »

I'm not saying the Creed and Limp Bizkit reunions caused swine flu but.....nobody had swine flu, Creed and Limp Bizkit plan reunions, people now have swine flu. Just saying  Wink

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 08:37:30 AM »

Ben Harper sucks

Please

This coming from a Bon Jovi fan.  Please.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »

Ben Harper sucks

Please

in his defense though. Richie is a awesome guitarist.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2009, 10:51:51 AM »

Ben Harper sucks

Please

Please don't get started on that shit.

Harper couldn't get a packed house at a free concert

Bon Jovi are the top touring act alive right now not named U2

I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to Ben Harper.

Music snobs.

Rolling Stone Magazine said this guy is superior because he plays acoustic guitar and writes songs with no hooks or melodies.

Yeah man, no hooks and melodies equals better music.

Please Get that shit out of here.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »

Ben Harper sucks

Please

Music snobs.

Rolling Stone Magazine said this guy is superior because he plays acoustic guitar and writes songs with no hooks or melodies.

You're a bit sensitive to the Bon Jovi thing.  Is that because deep down inside you know that they suck?  JBJ must be proud to have a packed house full of 40 year old moms and you still wishing it was 1988.

I've seen BH 3 times and each time there was a packed house unless I was severely halucinating.

I will admit, though, that some of the BH acoustic stuff gets redundant but when the man plugs in no one in music sounds like him.

have you ever listened to him?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »

Mark Tremonti talks about the Creed reunion

"We're blown away by our new sound"

Joe Bosso, Thu 30 Apr 2009

"Being back in Creed is the last thing I would have expected," guitarist Mark Tremonti told MusicRadar in an exclusive interview. "But all things for a reason, and there must be a reason why we've all come back together right now."

Tremonti had been planning on cutting a new record with Alter Bridge, the band he formed with fellow ex-Creed mates, bassist Scott Phillips and drummer Brian Marshall (along with singer Myles Kennedy), but a change in the group's management resulted in a sit-down with estranged ex-Creed singer Scott Stapp (all are repped by Irving Azoff's Front Line Management).

"Before you knew it, we were all there in a room with Scott, and things progressed very naturally from there," says Tremonti.

"Maturing and reflecting"

The guitarist, who says he hadn't spoken to Stapp in the six years since Creed broke up, describes himself as "surprised as hell at Scott's new attitude towards music and life in general.

"It seems as though, over the last six years, he'd done a lot of maturing and reflecting; he has his head on straight. And he realizes how truly important Creed was to him. Not just as a monetary enterprise, but as a band, a group of people. Creed was an important thing for him to be a part of. Right there, in our first meeting, he made us realize that we felt the same way."

Although Tremonti is reticent to label Creed's break up as 'bitter,' he admits that they "definitely weren't happy during our last few years together. Scott was going through a lot of personal problems, drinking and whatnot. And I think we were all taking things for granted. We were selling a lot of records and packing arenas, and I think we just assumed that this is how things went.

"Falling apart was probably the best thing that could have happened to us - in the years that have passed, it made us see that what we had was special, and if we were to attempt this again, if we were to put Creed back together, we had to remember how truly blessed we were to have something so extraordinary."

A "bigger and bolder" Creed

Musically, Tremonti describes the new Creed as "bigger, bolder and fresher than what people will probably expect from us. We started jamming and six songs just kind of wrote themselves. And maybe they won't be as obvious as what we did in the past. You're not going to hear anything like Higher, at least from what we have so far.

During Creed's first go-round, Tremonti says that Stapp could be a tough customer to collaborate with. "It felt like he was never happy with anything we were doing. He could be quite negative, and that made everything a downer."

Happily, the guitarist reports that things are different now. "Scott is very 'up,' very positive. From the second we started playing again, he was very complimentary towards what we were all doing musically. He had a lot of nice things to say about my guitar playing, and to hear him say to Brian that he thought he was a great bass player was very cool." (Stapp and Marshall had butted heads in the past, resulting in the bassist's departure from the Human Clay tour; Brett Hestla took over in his place.)

Continue reading here: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/mark-tremonti-talks-about-the-creed-reunion-205432

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »

How much you wanna bet they sound more 80s rock as that seems to be the in thing alot of bands are epic failing at changing there sound too because its had a minor revival in the states. Papa Roach are the best example of this.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »

How much you wanna bet they sound more 80s rock as that seems to be the in thing alot of bands are epic failing at changing there sound too because its had a minor revival in the states. Papa Roach are the best example of this.

wouldnt be surprised if that happened...Plus Tremonti can shred with the best of them so I wouldnt be surprised if they do some different things this time around...plus we are at a point where most people(aside from some delusional Pearl Jam/Soundgarden fans on this board) are willing to admit that 90's alt rock was pretty bad...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2009, 12:34:20 PM »

When rock music, becomes about not making stuff that rocks. Thats when it sucks. And with alot of the 90s stuff, that what happened.

With bands like Janes addiction, i love them, because they are aggressive and do rock.

But alot of the bands were quite pussyified.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »

plus we are at a point where most people(aside from some delusional Pearl Jam/Soundgarden fans on this board) are willing to admit that 90's alt rock was pretty bad...

Like with everything else, there were some amazing bands around in the 90s, but once things get cloned and watered down it turns to crap.

Creed is one of those watered down clones that appeal to the masses.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 02:17:43 PM »

Ben Harper sucks

Please

Music snobs.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. Nothing about Ben Harper's music is going to last longer than a few years.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »

Ben Harper sucks

Please

Music snobs.

You're a bit sensitive to the Bon Jovi thing.  Is that because deep down inside you know that they suck?  JBJ must be proud to have a packed house full of 40 year old moms and you still wishing it was 1988.

I've seen BH 3 times and each time there was a packed house unless I was severely halucinating.

I will admit, though, that some of the BH acoustic stuff gets redundant but when the man plugs in no one in music sounds like him.

have you ever listened to him?

I don't like Ben Harper, listened, I don't like his stuff

I get very sensitive to Bon Jovi cause they are a band that mean a lot to me and  it drives me crazy how underrated they are.

As if u could have their success for 25 years and somehow suck.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »

I am sure Ben Harper has a lot of fans. That is fine. U want to like him? GREAT!

I have my tastes in music, I don't give a fuck to stand up and say that I'll take Sebastian Bach's Angel Down over Radio head or modest Mouse or whoever else "I AM SUPPOSE" to think are the greatest bands ever

I don't roll that way. If I think somebody sucks, I will say they suck no matter how "Uncool" it is to not like said band.

I just hate the attitude like people have when they say "I listen to Radiohead and Modest Mouse and The White Stripes"

My musical taste is superior to u cause u love Bon Jovi

If Bon Jovi woke up with Ben Harper's success, as Chris Rock said, He'd slit his throat while jumping off the Empire State Building.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2009, 08:49:13 PM »

plus we are at a point where most people(aside from some delusional Pearl Jam/Soundgarden fans on this board) are willing to admit that 90's alt rock was pretty bad...

Like with everything else, there were some amazing bands around in the 90s, but once things get cloned and watered down it turns to crap.

Creed is one of those watered down clones that appeal to the masses.

/jarmo

I agree, that sums up most of 90's music. Although I still like Creed from time to time.  I also dont think they sound anything like Pearl Jam.  I see what some people say about Stapps voice, but thats where the similarities end.  On a musical, political and social scale the bands couldnt be more opposite, so I dont buy the whole Creed tried to rip off Pearl Jam thing, if they did they sure had a strange way of going about it.  Pearl Jam was watered down crap when Ten came out, it was actually the only thing that I agreed with Kurt Cobain on.  But thats my opinion, I never understood the mentality of moaning incoherently while wearing a flannel.  On top of that guitar players actually became less talented than they were the decade before, and somehow that was appealing....still baffles me. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2009, 08:51:34 PM »

I am sure Ben Harper has a lot of fans. That is fine. U want to like him? GREAT!

I have my tastes in music, I don't give a fuck to stand up and say that I'll take Sebastian Bach's Angel Down over Radio head or modest Mouse or whoever else "I AM SUPPOSE" to think are the greatest bands ever

Kings of Leon is the band we are supposed to be amazed by right now I think.  More whiny pussy shit,minus the flannels apparently.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »

A lot of people just remind me of shit in high school

I had a friend that like 4 months before Nirvana got huge was sharing Bon Jovi tapes with me.

I bought Nevermind and Ten and loved them but still loved my Bon Jovi

This guy though, I asked him something about Bon Jovi and he was like "oh dude, they suck blah blah blah. i was like 3 4 months ago u were sharing tapes with me.

Same as this other poser fuck

one year he gives himself the nickname "Axl"  6 months later he is wearing flannel and dressing like Eddie Vedder

I just hate people like that. Like what u like and who gives a shit.

I don't let what is "cool" dictate what I like.

I love Pink Floyd but I can sing a long to Poison with the best of them. I don't care about some ridiculous musical "Credibility" bullshit

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: