Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:13:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy coming to Rock Band 2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy coming to Rock Band 2  (Read 55582 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »

I'm curious. Will you be buying the full album at once or just a song here and there?

What songs are you gonna try first and why?

/jarmo

We're buying the whole album and playing straight through, then probably going back to re-do some favorites.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2009, 06:00:25 PM »

I'm curious. Will you be buying the full album at once or just a song here and there?

/jarmo

I got it all worked out for Tuesday night. We will be playing through the album sequentially from Chinese Democracy all the way through Prostitue. Will be buying the full album OF COURSE. I think this will be the 6 or 7th time I have bought Chinese Democracy thank you very much.

We're buying the whole album and playing straight through, then probably going back to re-do some favorites.

That sounds awesome.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2009, 06:07:39 PM »

I have PS3 so i gotta wait till Thursday to get it  Sad

Axl is God.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »

I will buy the entire album, and will play all tracks till i cant move my fingers eheh

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »

/jarmo

I got it all worked out for Tuesday night. We will be playing through the album sequentially from Chinese Democracy all the way through Prostitue. Will be buying the full album OF COURSE. I think this will be the 6 or 7th time I have bought Chinese Democracy thank you very much.

That sounds awesome.  Grin

/jarmo

It's gonna be. I'm so fuckin pumped up for this. I'm we'll replay most of the album. I can't see too many songs being skipped. I'm not the biggest fan of SR or CitR and one of my friends doesn't like Sorry all that much. Other then that, I bet the songs will get multiple run thrus for most of the evening.

(OH! And another thing! I've set it up to get out of work THREE HOURS EARLY tomorrow just to start playing this!)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:53:15 PM by russtcb » Logged

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »

I have PS3 so i gotta wait till Thursday to get it  Sad

Right there with you buddy. I'll be a little bummed Tuesday. But I have a question, I've never tried to download a song (or anything else for that matter) right at release. Is it going to be available tonight at 12:00am(Tuesday morning) for XBox users and Wednesday/Thursday at 12:00am on PS3 or does it appear some point during the day or something?
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2009, 06:54:03 PM »

Also,

I am REALLY curious to see what a song like "This I Love" will play like. There is obviously a great solo in the song, but is it mostly going to consist of a lot of standing around for non-vocal RB players?

I AM SOOOOOOOO excited for this!!!!!!!!!!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2009, 06:54:23 PM »

ill be getting the whole album and will be playing This I Love first... i have to play Robins solo first  drool
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »

Also,

I am REALLY curious to see what a song like "This I Love" will play like. There is obviously a great solo in the song, but is it mostly going to consist of a lot of standing around for non-vocal RB players?

My buddy says that he's played many keyboard/piano heavy tunes on Rock Band 2 and they always just route the piano or keyboard parts to the guitars

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2009, 07:01:36 PM »

Also,

My buddy says that he's played many keyboard/piano heavy tunes on Rock Band 2 and they always just route the piano or keyboard parts to the guitars
exactly. like Mr.Crawley on guitar hero.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2009, 07:02:46 PM »

Sucks to be me without a new gen videogame.

All I'm gonna try is to play it here (I work with a game magazine) or to wait to see if the PSP version of Rock Band will allow to download the songs aswell. Sad

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2009, 07:05:19 PM »

I wish I had a Gamestation or a Gamebox.

I need to make some friends who have these items.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2009, 07:19:59 PM »

So none of you with the piece of crap 360 want to give their gamertags so we from the board can hook up online and play huh? What the fuck people?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2009, 07:23:41 PM »

So none of you with the piece of crap 360 want to give their gamertags so we from the board can hook up online and play huh? What the fuck people?

I have a PS3 and my buddy's the one with the 360. I know his name is "thrillzman" but I think there's a number on it too. I'll try to let you know after I get over there tomorrow

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »

Saw the CD/Rockband ad on VH1 today during some fabulous life of....

Just as excited as when I saw promos for the album on tv
Shackler
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2009, 09:02:48 PM »

All I'm gonna try is to play it here (I work with a game magazine) or to wait to see if the PSP version of Rock Band will allow to download the songs aswell. Sad

Me too, I wont be getting it if it doesnt...

Like the tides done on the ocean, the waves already set in motion, the only one in this game that's lost is you!!!
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2009, 11:15:22 PM »

Hey All,

It was my birthday yesterday so this came at a convenient time for me and especially my girlfriend considering I didn't really want anything and she had little idea as to what to get me.  So I'm planning on buying the whole album and having fun with it Tuesday night and all day Wednesday.  Probably get Pearl Jam's Ten as well.  Pretty good couple of weeks if you like to pretend how to play instruments.

Very curious as to how they charted This I Love; kind of a boring song if you're not the singer (even the guitar solo I can't imagine being that hard).

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2009, 11:38:30 PM »

Hey All,

It was my birthday yesterday so this came at a convenient time for me and especially my girlfriend considering I didn't really want anything and she had little idea as to what to get me.  So I'm planning on buying the whole album and having fun with it Tuesday night and all day Wednesday.  Probably get Pearl Jam's Ten as well.  Pretty good couple of weeks if you like to pretend how to play instruments.

Very curious as to how they charted This I Love; kind of a boring song if you're not the singer (even the guitar solo I can't imagine being that hard).

Cheers,

Andrew

Piano notetracking until the solo.

Back to piano after the guitar cuts out.
ben9785
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »

Sounds like alot of fun. I never really caught onto the newer gaming consoles, hope everybody will enjoy it, and hopefully it gives a new medium for music fans to hear the album and get more interest in the new music overall.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2009, 11:54:14 PM »

Huh and what do you review? DS and psp? why they dont give you a console?

i have a ps3 and a 360 but i am really not into rock band or games like this, i hope everyone has a great time playing Chinese D.  peace

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: