Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:33:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228121 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy coming to Rock Band 2
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy coming to Rock Band 2  (Read 55385 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2009, 11:37:57 AM »

I ain't on xbox live, can I give my friend my hard drive to download cd? Will it work on my offline console? Can't wait to play citr...

Maybe.

I'm not sure how the DRM works with Rock band 2 songs.  If it's just keyed to your profile, and not your machine, you'll be fine...provided you sign into YOUR profile, with YOUR HD plugged into HIS mahine.

The problem is that some stuff off of Xbox live (specifically the xbox live arcade titles) are keyed to both your profile and your machine.  As long as your online...doesn't matter, it picks up the DRM off your profile.  But when you're OFFLINE, the "backup" check is to your local machine...which means if you use your HD at a buddy's house, and he's not online...you can't get to any of your Live arcade games.  People have had a BITCH of a time when having their RROD boxes replaced...MS sometimes forgets to migrate the DRM content of your profile to the new machine.

Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Maybe lug your console over too, just to be sure?  Hook up to his AV and net hookups, download, and be sure it all works when you get home?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2009, 12:03:06 PM »

cheers pilfirk, you are a gent:)
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

This is so exciting!!!!

Someone who has downloaded, please give a ranking of Most Fun Song to Least (as if there one that isn't)

DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2009, 12:43:23 PM »

Very curious as to how they charted This I Love; kind of a boring song if you're not the singer (even the guitar solo I can't imagine being that hard).

Piano notetracking until the solo.

Back to piano after the guitar cuts out.

Nope. Rock Band rarely re-charts keyboards for guitar. Guitar player on TIL plays nothing until the power chords on the second chorus.

The band animations during the keyboard-only portions are kind of funny - singer & guitarists kind of standing in a circle talking to each other.

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »

What time does the PSN release this?
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2009, 01:50:46 PM »

What time does the PSN release this?

Thursday

Axl is God.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »

Fuck that's shit.  Oh well I went out and bought the set up last night so I need to practice up anyway before it gets here.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2009, 02:56:21 PM »

Riad is the hardest one, from what I can tell...

Odd enough, I didn't see how hard is the drums rated.

MY 'bet' is that TWAT and IRS is the touhest on guitar, riad and prostitue on drums.  Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2009, 03:35:42 PM »

http://rockbandou.blog17.fc2.com/blog-entry-300.html

Track by track listing of difficulty levels.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2009, 03:39:36 PM »

http://rockbandou.blog17.fc2.com/blog-entry-300.html

Track by track listing of difficulty levels.

/jarmo

Wowwy, Rhiad is really really hard!  Shocked

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »

Fuck that's shit.  Oh well I went out and bought the set up last night so I need to practice up anyway before it gets here.

you do that jemin.... and my damn xbox account only has 300 points  rofl  rant
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »

I've been singing and drumming through the whole album (minus Shackler's as I only have Rock Band 1) this evening!

Toughest on drums: If the world and Riad and the bedouins. I've played through all other songs on Hard, but these two only on Easy so far.
Singing: Played through all of them on Hard.

I love it!  ok

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »

I played Chinese Democracy, ITW, and Sorry in the morning before work. I told my cousin I would wait 'till tonight but I couldn't help it. It is so goddamn cool! Its crazy after all these years playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band, and finally, finally have all these new GN'R songs to Rock out with. I love it. There I said it. I love it. I am a man, and I don't care.

Because a man's got to do, what a man's got to do....

You all would love it. LOVE IT! Good job Harmonix!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2009, 03:28:24 AM »

It will be interesting to see if the RB release will have any effect on sales....   Smiley

Look what happened to Dragonforce (a rather unknown band) once their song became a hit amongst gamers on Guitar Hero:

"The Guitar Hero effect is real. DragonForce saw digital sales of Through the Fire rise from fewer than 2,000 weekly to a high of 37,825 the week ending Dec. 30, a week when many who got the game as a holiday gift were playing it. (Only one GH III song sold more, Guns N' Roses' Welcome to the Jungle at 38,330.)"

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2008-02-14-guitar-hero-effect_N.htm

Since many of the songs on CD has "hit-potential" and seems rather difficult to master on the hardest settings, I guess all things are possible!

Fingers crossed!   ok

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Shackler
Headliner

« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2009, 06:17:09 AM »

And the more times people play them, the more theyll like them.

Like the tides done on the ocean, the waves already set in motion, the only one in this game that's lost is you!!!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2009, 06:47:16 AM »

And the more times people play them, the more theyll like them.

Even I appreciate them more now (if that was possible)!  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2009, 07:38:31 AM »

Found a review from some video game site (for those of you wondering which song to pick up).

http://www.examiner.com/x-6947-Portland-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m4d14-Rock-Band-DLC-review-for-April-14th

Chinese Democracy

* The guitar maintains the industrial sound that Shackler?s Revenge has. It?s a pretty tough song overall with a ton of slides and trills of varying speed. The solo that kicks in to end the song is quite rugged too.
    * Fun on drums but nothing too out of the ordinary. Some offbeat kicks and a few rolls here and there. The end tosses out some more intense kick pedal.
    * Bass is definitely not the focus of the song. While the song does move up and down the board a bit, it?s not going to be the reason you get this song..
    * Vocally it?s not the hardest thing you?ve ever heard, but Axl does have a unique voice that can be hard to emulate, especially if you have issues hitting higher notes.

Better

* This song?s guitar sounds really great. It?s got some fun sections and solos. There?s also one finger melting section about two thirds of the way through that made my brain freeze up with confusion.
    * Call me crazy, but I could have sworn I was listening to a Linkin Park track when the drum entered. The fun intro gives way to a somewhat repetitive song with a few fun kick/roll sections.
    * Bass is again not too exciting. It speeds up around solo time but doesn?t really bring much to the table.
    * Typical Axl craziness. There?s lots of weird notes and pitch shifting in this one. Not very easy at all.

Street of Dreams

* Much lower key than the first two songs on guitar. It?s appropriate and fits the song though. For solo lovers, it still brings a fun one without being overly difficult.
    * Apart from one nasty roll in the middle of the song, it?s a pretty slow and straightforward journey. Takes a while for the drum to kick in and has another gap in the middle of the song.
    * Bass has a few nice hammer-ons. This is the most interesting song on bass so far.
    * This ballad is going to test you in all directions. Axl goes high, low and then takes a rocket ship to outer space. It reminds me a lot of their older stuff, which is really good.

If The World

* A really laid back song on guitar. It?s got a real nice sound to it and feels really smooth. It?s a great mix of speed and sound.
    * This song is just tricky on drums all over the place. Because of the sound of the song, it doesn?t seem too intense but the combinations of rolls and kicks will have you moving around a lot.
    * The bass is appropriately funky for the song but there are a lot of gaps where you won?t be playing much.
    * Much easier than Street of Dreams on vocals. Axl goes high but he stays there for the most part.

There Was a Time

* Holy cow at that ending. Here?s another smooth song that doesn?t crank it up until the very end. There were 2 good solos. The first was a bit passive but that second one comes screaming at you about halfway through.. All of the songs on this CD are really long too as a bonus.
    * This song is really about the guitar, so the drums were fair. Somewhat repetitive but just enough in the roll department to keep it interesting.
    * Some quick strumming sections for bass keep things interesting here.
    * Another rough one in the vocal department. Axl can still sing like no other.

Catcher in the Rye

* Another 6 minute song here. There are some awkward chord changes in this one but it?s pretty fun on the whole with a couple cool solos.
    * Drumming-wise this song is par for the course, or should I say CD. There?s just enough switching around the kit to make it interesting but nothing that will get you flying out of your seat.
    * This song is a bit weaker on bass than the others. Any of these song with an extended solo has the bass taking a major back seat.
    * A bit tamer on vocals than the others.

Scraped

* A shorter burst of energy over the last few slower songs. Two quick solos that will challenge as well as a heavy riff.
    * This song has a pretty unique Red-Yellow-Red-Blue roll that can be found throughout most of it. Definitely the most interesting drum song so far.
    * Here?s a more intense bass line that keeps switching things up.
    * This song is tiered toward the lower end (2 out of 6) for vocals because it?s a bit more constant on pitch. Like any song, it?s going to be more difficult if you?re not familiar with it, which I figure most are not as familiar with the new Guns N? Roses stuff as their older CDs.

Riad N? the Bedouins

* What an incredibly weird song on guitar. Some of the sounds coming out of the guitar sound metallic. The guitar is absolutely blistering during the solos and in some isolated areas outside of the solos.
    * As the CD moves on, the drumming is getting more and more intense. The intro is nasty and I?m sure will catch many off guard. There?s a lot of off beat kicks in this song too, which seems to be a staple for the CD.
    * Bass has a lot of quick hammer-ons and slides. Even during the guitar solos, the bass part is difficult and not repetitive. A worthy challenge for bassists.
    * Vocally this song pushes Street of Dreams. A lot of pitch changes and a very wide range.

Sorry

* The guitar is really tame for most of the song but has a few random hammer-on sections. The solo is less intense than most of the other songs, but still difficult.
    * The speed of the song makes it extremely easy on drums til the ending fill. Even then, it?s a long song for such a short payoff.
    * Let?s just put it this way for Bass; you won?t have reached the max multiplier for note streak until over 2 minutes into the song. Very uninteresting for the bassists. Axl?s sorry too apparently.
    * Doesn?t have the same punch as the other songs as far as vocals go. It?s pretty straightforward.

I.R.S.

* Another crazy song with some unintelligible solos. Usually I have an idea of what I need to do on songs, but some of the notes are just getting by me right now.
    * It?s a long song, and that usually means a problem for drummers, but the pace of the song is good. It?s not too fast to cause a heart attack but not so slow you fall asleep. I.R.S. mixes it up just right for difficulty and fun.
    * The bass on this song sounds great but isn?t too riveting to play. There are a few fun sections but it?s a lot of waiting around while the other instruments have fun.
    * Vocally it?s in the middle as far as the CD goes. The pitch changes aren?t as drastic as some, but certainly harder than Sorry.

Madagascar

* Definitely the easiest song on guitar thus far. No solos in it, which is a first but the middle section could have been charted as one. As far as ballads go, this one isn?t as good as Street of Dreams.
    * Drums are fairly basic. It looks a lot like the other drum patterns on the CD which doesn?t surprise me. Occasional fun rolls but still repetitive on the whole.
    * Bass is another complete miss. Lots of sustained notes and the odd hammer-on make up a majority of the song.
    * Lyrically the song is meant to be moving but it?s not as breathtaking to sing as most of the other songs. It?s in the first tier as are the rest of the songs on the CD. It seems we might have reached the peak as far as singing goes.

This I Love

* A two minute intro precludes you from playing. Most of the song for a guitarist will be the solo, and a great sounding solo at that.
    * It?s over 3 minutes before the drummer gets to do anything with their hands. Even once you get going, it?s not much at all.
    * Advantage bass! You only have to wait about 45 seconds to play. Granted, it?s a bunch of sustains.
    * Likely, if you?re buying this song and you aren?t buying the whole CD, you?ll be buying it to sing. That?s really the main redeeming factor of this song. It?s another ballad with decent range.

Prostitute

* The CD wraps up on a slightly more upbeat note. The guitar is more fun than the previous two ballads but isn?t anything special outside of the solo. At the end, it appears you?re actually playing piano.
    * The drums are quite tricky throughout with constant rolls being mixed in with the offbeat kicks.
    * Unfortunately for bassists, you are not redeemed here at the end either. Another series of sustained notes for you.
    * A good song to end the CD with as far as vocals go. It?s got some good range and pitch changes.

Final Say:

I was quite pleased with the entire CD musically.  I have to say, despite my trepidation, that this CD is worth a buy on the whole.  Most of the songs are good all around even if they don't have the classic Guns N' Roses feel.  The CD was geared toward two instruments; Guitar and Vocals.  If you play either of those as your primary instrument, you really owe it to yourself to pick up this whole CD.  If you're looking to play Bass solo, you might be a bit choosier.  Street of Dreams, There Was a Time, Scraped, and Riad N' the Bedouins are going to be your best looks.  Drumming, the CD is pretty straightforward but there are also a few great tracks for you too.  Chinese Democracy, Street of Dreams, Riad N' the Bedouins, Sorry and Prostitute are going to be your songs of choice.

Best overall songs:  Street of Dreams, Riad N' the Bedouins and Scraped.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2009, 07:47:25 AM »

We had an absolute riot playing through the whole album yesterday. I can't believe how hard to is to get 5 stars on more of the songs!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2009, 09:11:20 AM »

I, too, played through the entire album last night on guitar.  Bringing the guitar parts forward really makes you appreciate them THAT much more.  It was a LOT of fun.  Can't wait to do drums and bass.  That'll be next, but probably not til next week.

My wife and I teamed up last night (she sang, I played guitar) to do about 5 or 6 songs.  Managed to break into the top 20 on the CD challenge, which is neat considering we weren't a "full band".  She's LOVING channeling her "inner Axl".

I think this, along with the release of Ten a couple weeks ago, had seriously reinvigorated RB and RB2.  I'm spending more time with it than I have in months.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »

Another list of the songs: http://pksage.com/rockbandsongs.php

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: