Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:42:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash comments on his solo album(Josh Freese is drumming)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash comments on his solo album(Josh Freese is drumming)  (Read 9501 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 10:47:20 PM »

I think the point was, the guy produced Smash Mouth, Good Charlotte, and Third Eye Blind.  Not exactly the most kick ass rock bands if you ask me.  I don't think the point was that people want to buy a record because it's produced by Eric Valentine, moreso a reflection on bands he has worked with.  A less than stellar list in my opinion.

Ah, someone that isn't dense..
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »

i wonder if this album will put any influence in the new VR singer

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 11:08:14 PM »

who do u want Slash to get? Geez  u are acting like he got Kanye West or Dr Dre or Max Martin or  something to produce it.

Dr. Dre is awsome, i would have loved to hear one song he produced and slash played on.

Slash played for GNR, that doesn't undermine the fact he's a great guitar player, he would probably say the same about any of the former members from the Illusions Era, not as a rip on Guns or Axl but to deflect away an opinion of staying him only staying in the GNR family, more like him saying hes working with Freese because he is an amazing drummer, not because of the fact he was in GNR.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 07:00:32 AM »

so I don't know if it counts much.

What does that mean? Freese contributed to writing several songs on CD, including Chinese Democracy, so that must count for something .

What Slash is trying to say is, Just because he drummed and contributed to GNR, He's not sure it necessarily counts as he being a "Member" but he said it doesn't matter anyway cause he is a great drummer.
thats how I took it.

So when Freese talks about what a great experience it is working with Slash, will he all of a sudden seize to be a cancer?

'
Exactly! Thats just how I took it as well!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 07:22:29 AM »

I think the point was, the guy produced Smash Mouth, Good Charlotte, and Third Eye Blind.  Not exactly the most kick ass rock bands if you ask me.  I don't think the point was that people want to buy a record because it's produced by Eric Valentine, moreso a reflection on bands he has worked with.  A less than stellar list in my opinion.

Eric Valentine redeems himself from the above bands with the fact that he also co-produced Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 07:40:17 AM »

WOW, more insults from the higher ups! how suprising!

Rick Rubin produced the Beastie Boys, Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond................... Yeah that guy can't produce rock though

The Producer thing, is just one more way of trying to hate on a guy you are conditioned to hate for whatever reasons and I find it quite sad to be honest. I think u guys are just scared it will outsell another certain CD.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 08:39:37 AM »

why scared ? if it's the case, good for him. and I'll listen to this album anyway, good musicians on it.
and since Slash do nothing but boring music, I just hope he'll do something interesting with this one.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »

WOW, more insults from the higher ups! how suprising!

Rick Rubin produced the Beastie Boys, Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond................... Yeah that guy can't produce rock though

The Producer thing, is just one more way of trying to hate on a guy you are conditioned to hate for whatever reasons and I find it quite sad to be honest. I think u guys are just scared it will outsell another certain CD.

With all due respect D, The Beastie Boys, Johnny Cash, and Neil Diamond are all legendary artists, rock or not.  The same cannot be said for Smash Mouth, Third Eye Blind, and Good Charlotte.  I'm sure there are better examples out there to prove your point.  Because that one didn't do it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »

Eric Valentine redeems himself from the above bands with the fact that he also co-produced Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Another change in personnel came with the arrival of producer Eric Valentine, who had previously worked on a pair of Dwarves albums with Oliveri. Valentine was actually a requirement by Interscope and didn't do his job according to Homme, who commented that "[Valentine] just recorded it actually, it says production, he was only there to record the beginning of it."

Producer    Josh Homme, Adam Kasper, Eric Valentine

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 04:17:44 PM »

Rick Rubin has made many good albums.

This guy hasn't.

The last time he used someone like this we got Contraband.

Everyone knows how well that album has stood the test of time.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 04:36:15 PM »

Hmmm...test of time...

"Slither" and "FTP" still get alot of spins here in the US 5 years later..

I'm just sayin'....

Can't say I've heard "She Builds Quick Machines" in the last 6 months though...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »

Im sure every producer starting out would love to produce U2 and Metallica, but u know what? u have to start somewhere. U don't judge a producer by the musicians he works with but how well the albums sound.

U may not like those artists, but the production is usually about like anybody else. It certainly won't make or break the album.

Hell, Brendan O Brien is legendary and Contraband kicks the shit out of Libertad, so that sort of kills the producer theory in my opinion.

BTW, Contraband still kicks ass all of these years later. I still regularly listen to it in the gym and for a workout CD, it is one of the best.

People just drive me crazy sometimes that are critical. And it doesn't matter if u are critical of GNR,Metallica, Slash or whoever.

I remember when Death Magnetic's tracklisting was released and people were saying it was going to be a shitty album based on the damn song titles! U cant get much more ridiculous than that.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:58:11 PM by D » Logged

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 05:07:25 PM »

Eric Valentine (Smash Mouth, Third Eye Blind, Good Charlotte) in the producer's chair.

Cash grab anyone?

Slash says, "I know you're saying, 'Didn't Josh play with Axl's Guns N' Roses?!' He did in the '90s for a while but left after a couple years, so I don't know if it counts much. Besides, that doesn't undermine that he is an amazing drummer."

This is also the lamest thing I've read in quite some time.

didn't expect this.... Roll Eyes

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 05:34:58 PM »

U may not like those artists, but the production is usually about like anybody else. It certainly won't make or break the album.

The production won't make or break the album? Are you for real?

Hell, Brendan O Brien is legendary and Contraband kicks the shit out of Libertad, so that sort of kills the producer theory in my opinion.

Or maybe that's because the songs sucked even harder on Libertad and the band wanted an easier time so ditched Rick Rubin and went with someone who was easy to work with (who incidentally also hadn't done anything good in a while.)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

quite sure he is. the power of an album is in the songs, not in the production. of course it doesn't hurt that album is well produced.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »

As long as the dude doesn't pull a St Anger, it will be fine

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »

So when Freese talks about what a great experience it is working with Slash, will he all of a sudden seize to be a cancer?

No..

The cancer will have infected Freese in such a way that the sanity he once used in the thought process of "who to work with" will have been taken over by "Slash and his supporters" inspired dementia..

Freese has been around long enough to know who to work with and who not to work with

libertad
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »

Eric Valentine (Smash Mouth, Third Eye Blind, Good Charlotte) in the producer's chair.

Cash grab anyone?

Slash says, "I know you're saying, 'Didn't Josh play with Axl's Guns N' Roses?!' He did in the '90s for a while but left after a couple years, so I don't know if it counts much. Besides, that doesn't undermine that he is an amazing drummer."

This is also the lamest thing I've read in quite some time.

Hahaha, by Slash' own logic then he himself would possibly be undermined from people based on his contributions to Guns N' Roses. What a fucking Vodka head.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 06:10:53 PM »

Hmmm...test of time...

"Slither" and "FTP" still get alot of spins here in the US 5 years later..

I'm just sayin'....

Can't say I've heard "She Builds Quick Machines" in the last 6 months though...

good point.
it's still standing the test of time imo. as well as, or better, than any other rock album released the last 10 years.

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 07:10:05 PM »

Death Magnetic and it's shite production seems to have done ok.....

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: