Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School  (Read 41756 times)
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2009, 07:30:09 PM »

I was just mocking slash fans with my first post because thats what i felt like doing...  

So does this constitute trolling?

With some people its like he can do no wrong and he's nothing but a stand-up guy and thats who I was poking fun at.

Sounds like fans of some other guy as well.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »

Besides that I still never got an answer!

Imagine that.

Yeah, imagine that.  ok

You: Is it black or white?
Me: It's gray....
You: I didn't get an answer!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »

As long as we're talking about Jim Bob, he is one of the few people on this board who is 100% commited to what Guns N' Roses is today and he is willing to stand up for it anywhere. I am the same. Jarmo is the same. If Jim Bob, Jarmo, myself or anyone else for that matter sees a topic on a GN'R board (even if it is the VR section) where a GN'R related person (such as Slash) talks shit about Guns N' Roses or makes a fool of himself then we sure as hell are allowed to comment on it and stand up for the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses, which this site is dedicated to.

So what are you saying? That you, Jim Bob, and Jarmo set the standard for being a fan? Everyone else should "get on board or fuck off"?

No, but I'd say Jarmo sets the standard for what kind of people he wants on his own board.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »

I personally would go out on a limb and say Jarmo appreciates all the different opinions of posters on this forum.

If the forum was filled with one point of view, it wouldn't be a very active forum

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »

I personally would go out on a limb and say Jarmo appreciates all the different opinions of posters on this forum.

If the forum was filled with one point of view, it wouldn't be a very active forum

As long as it's not in the GNR section.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2009, 08:13:18 PM »

Besides that I still never got an answer!

Imagine that.

Yeah, imagine that.  ok

You: Is it black or white?
Me: It's gray....
You: I didn't get an answer!

/jarmo

There's an answer.  It's a fly by the seat of your pants rule.  I get it now.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2009, 08:34:58 PM »

As long as it's not in the GNR section.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that we don't want a bunch of bitter Slash fans trolling the site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »

I was just mocking slash fans with my first post because thats what i felt like doing... 

But this is ok?
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »

Jesus, get over it.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

As long as we're talking about Jim Bob, he is one of the few people on this board who is 100% commited to what Guns N' Roses is today and he is willing to stand up for it anywhere. I am the same. Jarmo is the same. If Jim Bob, Jarmo, myself or anyone else for that matter sees a topic on a GN'R board (even if it is the VR section) where a GN'R related person (such as Slash) talks shit about Guns N' Roses or makes a fool of himself then we sure as hell are allowed to comment on it and stand up for the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses, which this site is dedicated to.

That's fine and that's fair.  That's not what happened in this case though.  What could have been a fairly objective page of comments on an appearance at a kids' school has turned into a 10 page argument and all because the first post about it was done in such a way that it would incite people.  If someone doesn't like the continued sentiment about something, then it makes no sense to post something that basically sets the bait for people to respond in a negative way.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2009, 10:23:44 PM »

But this is ok?

I admit its not my most mature moment... but you slash fans are blowing this way out of proportion.    just let it go already.   theres other sites on the internet you can visit that will gladly let you trash Axl as long as you kiss slash's ass.   

you don't like my posts?  don't read them.   with that said, I will do my best to control the urge to piss with you guys, but stop making it so damn easy!
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »

Problem is I'm not a Slash fan in the sense that you say it.  I'm a fan of GNR past, present, and hopefully future.  I'm just not a fan of people with double standards.

Hell half of you guys act like you personally know the guy you're defending and you're protecting him like he's your kid sister that got fucked once and then dumped or something. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2009, 12:36:10 AM »

But this is ok?

I admit its not my most mature moment... but you slash fans are blowing this way out of proportion.    just let it go already.   theres other sites on the internet you can visit that will gladly let you trash Axl as long as you kiss slash's ass.   

you don't like my posts?  don't read them.   with that said, I will do my best to control the urge to piss with you guys, but stop making it so damn easy!

I'll forgive you for that because I've had many immature moments myself.  It's sometimes easy to just let your fingers get away from you.  Maybe you weren't referring to me, personally, but I don't go to other sites and trash Axl so I can "kiss Slash's ass."  So, I don't like seeing people trashed here.  That's all. 

Some crazy shit around here, some days, I tell ya'...................

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2009, 03:04:14 AM »

Nice of them both! 

And Jim Bob was being sincere, and guild1 admits he was standing corrected, so then every things ok? 

Lets try make this board more positive from both "sides" because this is a cool site, I love Slash, I love Axl, fuck the drama, most of us love em because of music, and they're both great musicians no matter what!

Yay!  We're all happy for once!

These quotes are taking from the first page of this thread!!!  How did we manage another 9 pages! lol

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2009, 06:11:58 AM »

Thing is, many of these "Slash fans" are also "GNR fans" at the same time. And when they defend Slash (not attacking GNR), it gets turned the other way round and they get labelled as not being real fans or whatever.

Whatever, I doubt anyone's opinions on this are going to change any time soon. How many of these arguments have ended in someone going "holy shit, you're right!"?? Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

Nice of them both! 

And Jim Bob was being sincere, and guild1 admits he was standing corrected, so then every things ok? 

Lets try make this board more positive from both "sides" because this is a cool site, I love Slash, I love Axl, fuck the drama, most of us love em because of music, and they're both great musicians no matter what!

These quotes are taking from the first page of this thread!!!  How did we manage another 9 pages! lol

what can i say.. slash fans are touchy
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »

ah well, lets just let this thread wittle out now.   ok

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »

Nice of them both! 

what can i say.. slash fans are touchy

Slash fans are touchy? HA

That is hilarious, as if the other sides fans aren't

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2009, 10:29:37 PM »

Look folks, it may have been publicized (Slash is verrrrry media savvy, that's how he's come out as the "better" man), but those kids must have gotten a great kick out of having a rock star come jam with them.

Let's not complicate things.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2009, 07:05:18 AM »

But this is ok?

im not a slash fan, i just find your  constant need to hypocritically rant at people that are not 100% Guns N Roses as they are today.  "aslong as you kiss slashs ass", yet you are the one whos head is probably up Axls ass.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: