Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:37:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School  (Read 41832 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »

If you don't like VR, fine. You don't have to.

If you say you don't like that band, you're not trolling, even though a bunch of VR fans might think so.

That's true, but there's a difference between that and making sarcastic comments that don't really need to be made, which is what D is saying.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »

Is it considered trolling if the same is done in the GNR section?

Once again: This is a GN'R site.

I keep repeating it because it doesn't register at all.

If somebody goes to a GN'R site to troll the GN'R section, it's WRONG!

It's not the same thing as somebody who loves GN'R posting in (or like you call it, trolling) the VR section.

I know for you VR fans it appears like it's the same thing.

But if you come here only to post shit about GN'R, you're on the wrong fucking site!

If you don't like VR, fine. You don't have to.

If you say you don't like that band, you're not trolling, even though a bunch of VR fans might think so.

What's next? Everybody must love Barack Obama and pepperoni pizza?

D, apparently I'm trolling because I don't buy the idea that Slash is a carefree cool humanitarian honest guitar God.

So apparently I should warm myself and then ban myself from posting on this board because I don't agree with what some former members do.

Guess what, it's not gonna happen.

I'm glad you agree that several of you VR fans are trolling your own section yourselves by constantly whining about what I do or don't do and how unfair it is.

/jarmo

So don't troll and talk shit in the GNR section.  The VR section of the GNR board is no limits if you don't like them.  Fair to say?

Just give me a straight answer.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

I think the bottom line here, and what is irking people a bit, is that Jim Bob seems to be getting a Get Out of Jail Free Card for doing something that would not have been tolerated elsewhere on this board. It's not very consistent with the rules as they have been defined in the past.

So it's about Jim Bob?

Personally, if I see something and feel like commenting on it, I will.

If it upsets some VR fans, I don't care.

Like D would says "I'm giving my honest opinion".

Apparently that makes me a troll.  Roll Eyes

Yeah, we have "different rules".

For example, if a topic goes way off topic in The Jungle, it's not really a big deal.... But if people take a topic in the GN'R section to be about another band, we put an end to it.

At the same time, several rules are the same.

Personal insults are "no" all across the board.

You just need to understand that this isn't exclusively for VR fans. They have their own sites to frequent.

I wouldn't go to a VR or Slash site and assume they all love GN'R/Axl.

People seem to think this means the ex-GN'R sections are "anything goes" zones. Which isn't the case.

I just don't get why as a GN'R fan I'm not allowed to say what I think about the former members.

Where am I supposed to do it then? A VR fan site? Not very likely.

So don't troll and talk shit in the GNR section.  The VR section of the GNR board is no limits if you don't like them.  Fair to say?

Hold on, since I don't own Libertad, I'm not allowed to post here?

Are you serious?

So suddenly it doesn't matter that I've pretty much followed these guys since they were in GN'R in the 80s, but because I didn't buy their latest album I'm not allowed to have an opinion?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2009, 06:21:46 PM »

I'm not presuming to tell you how to run the site either.  I would just like to know the rules.  Is it just for the VR section and Slash?  Or is it ok to do so in any of the ex members section.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »

You know the rules.

We don't allow trolling.

But saying that somebody is a troll just because he/she doesn't think highly of VR, Adler's Appetite, Camp Freddy, Gilby Clarke etc. and therefore should be banned, is a bit too much.

I don't think anybody is here on this GN'R site for any of those bands alone.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

Are you serious?

So suddenly it doesn't matter that I've pretty much followed these guys since they were in GN'R in the 80s, but because I didn't buy their latest album I'm not allowed to have an opinion?

/jarmo

What the fuck?  Who the fuck said that?

I asked if it's ok to troll this part of the  board?

Quit trying to put words in my mouth.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:43:01 PM by jemin » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »

As I said, it's not easy to define trolling.

What's trolling to you and Falcon, might not be to me.

/jarmo

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »

Yes it is.  You just won't because you like that this section is here so you and others can comment negatively on anything Slash does.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2009, 06:44:38 PM »

I think the bottom line here, and what is irking people a bit, is that Jim Bob seems to be getting a Get Out of Jail Free Card for doing something that would not have been tolerated elsewhere on this board. It's not very consistent with the rules as they have been defined in the past.

So it's about Jim Bob?

Personally, if I see something and feel like commenting on it, I will.

If it upsets some VR fans, I don't care.

Like D would says "I'm giving my honest opinion".

Apparently that makes me a troll.  Roll Eyes

Yeah, we have "different rules".

For example, if a topic goes way off topic in The Jungle, it's not really a big deal.... But if people take a topic in the GN'R section to be about another band, we put an end to it.

At the same time, several rules are the same.

Personal insults are "no" all across the board.

You just need to understand that this isn't exclusively for VR fans. They have their own sites to frequent.

I wouldn't go to a VR or Slash site and assume they all love GN'R/Axl.

People seem to think this means the ex-GN'R sections are "anything goes" zones. Which isn't the case.

I just don't get why as a GN'R fan I'm not allowed to say what I think about the former members.

Where am I supposed to do it then? A VR fan site? Not very likely.

Are you serious?

/jarmo

Is it about Jim Bob? Well, of course it is. He was the catalyst for this whole discussion. But it was more about the principle of the whole situation and this board and its sections, which apparently is not the same throughout. And no, I don't think it means that this section is "anything goes", it just means "a little more goes". And that's pretty much all that was asked to be clarified. So then we know.

And just to be clear, I don't know Slash. I don't know Axl. And I sure as hell am not going to let someone I don't know pit me against someone else. I don't get this personal agenda some people display on here. I am fan of their music, and if I can discuss both bands without having it turn into some pointless argument, then that would be great. But that is obviously not going to be allowed in this section as it is percieved as a second-class section of this board. Like I said, that kind of renders it useless. You'd probably have a lot less Slash-fans here if you just removed it... and a lot less drama too, apparently. I guess I just don't understand what the purpose of having it active is then. But maybe that's none of my business and not for me to understand.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:47:58 PM by Pine Barrens » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2009, 06:48:55 PM »

You just won't because you like that this section is here so you and others can comment negatively on anything Slash does.

The best answer to that, came from yourself:

Maybe you should take your own advice?

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't commented on everything.

There goes your theory.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2009, 06:55:50 PM »

I never said u were a troll in this section Jarmo because when you don't like something, u are able to give logical reasons etc why you don't like it. That is cool. I don't mind if someone doesn't like AA or VR or Slash or whatever, especially if they have true honest feelings about it and make a good case.

Jim Bob however doesn't do that in this thread. His original post had an agenda behind it to start a fight.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2009, 07:03:22 PM »

Let's get real. This goes beyond just not liking VR or even Slash himself. This shit amps up every time Axl comments negatively about Slash. For some on this board, shitty comments about Slash knocks them up on their personal "I'm a true GNR fan" totem pole.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »

As long as we're talking about Jim Bob, he is one of the few people on this board who is 100% commited to what Guns N' Roses is today and he is willing to stand up for it anywhere. I am the same. Jarmo is the same. If Jim Bob, Jarmo, myself or anyone else for that matter sees a topic on a GN'R board (even if it is the VR section) where a GN'R related person (such as Slash) talks shit about Guns N' Roses or makes a fool of himself then we sure as hell are allowed to comment on it and stand up for the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses, which this site is dedicated to.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

As long as we're talking about Jim Bob, he is one of the few people on this board who is 100% commited to what Guns N' Roses is today and he is willing to stand up for it anywhere. I am the same. Jarmo is the same. If Jim Bob, Jarmo, myself or anyone else for that matter sees a topic on a GN'R board (even if it is the VR section) where a GN'R related person (such as Slash) talks shit about Guns N' Roses or makes a fool of himself then we sure as hell are allowed to comment on it and stand up for the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses, which this site is dedicated to.

So what are you saying? That you, Jim Bob, and Jarmo set the standard for being a fan? Everyone else should "get on board or fuck off"?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »

Let's get real. This goes beyond just not liking VR or even Slash himself. This shit amps up every time Axl comments negatively about Slash. For some on this board, shitty comments about Slash knocks them up on their personal "I'm a true GNR fan" totem pole.
not really.   Axl's opinion on someone doesn't necessarily influence mine.   I'm quite sure Axl and I have very different views of the world and I don't agree with everything he's ever said or done.

Lets get real, slash fans are just looking for something to whine about.   If you don't like my posts, don't read them  skip on down to the next post.  sorry that I speak my mind on these types of things.

on a serious note, I do really think its cool he went to this school and hung out with the kids.  Seriously I do.   I was just mocking slash fans with my first post because thats what i felt like doing...  With some people its like he can do no wrong and he's nothing but a stand-up guy and thats who I was poking fun at.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »

not really.   Axl's opinion on someone doesn't necessarily influence mine.   I'm quite sure Axl and I have very different views of the world and I don't agree with everything he's ever said or done.

Lets get real, slash fans are just looking for something to whine about.   If you don't like my posts, don't read them  skip on down to the next post.  sorry that I speak my mind on these types of things.

on a serious note, I do really think its cool he went to this school and hung out with the kids.  Seriously I do.   I was just mocking slash fans with my first post because thats what i felt like doing...  With some people its like he can do no wrong and he's nothing but a stand-up guy and thats who I was poking fun at.

OK, that's fair enough. If you admit that you're goal is to incite Slash fans rather than shit on this particular thing he did then I'm not really too worried about that. Wish you'd said it this way 5 pages ago  hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2009, 07:21:32 PM »

So u basically admit it Jim Bob

I don't care, I find this shit to be entertaining myself.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2009, 07:25:34 PM »

You just won't because you like that this section is here so you and others can comment negatively on anything Slash does.

The best answer to that, came from yourself:

Maybe you should take your own advice?

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't commented on everything.

There goes your theory.

/jarmo

I didn't say everything I said anything.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »

So u basically admit it Jim Bob

I don't care, I find this shit to be entertaining myself.
Lets go rip on Robin Finck and his fans for no reason. Lets see what JimBob does then.

I bet it would be a whole different ballgame if it were that way around.

html sucks
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »

Besides that I still never got an answer!

Imagine that.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: