Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:25:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School  (Read 41768 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »

So objectivity and enjoyment are mutually exclusive?

I, for one, don't look for faults in music.  I simply look for good tunes to enjoy.

I've been with GnR through thick and thin.  If I feel the need to say they fucked something up then it is my right to say so.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2009, 03:34:48 PM »

I don't mind people being negative of Slash if they genuinely don't like something he does. But here lately it seems people are bashing just for the sake of bashing.

I'll explain this for you.

For some, this latest CNN reported charity event might just seem like yet another public appearance by the guy who loves attention.

So when he doesn't have a band recording/touring and get noticed that way, and his book has ran its course, then what can he do?

Public appearances at awards shows, selling his house on Ellen etc. It's like he never goes away from the spotlight.

I don't think anybody's said that doing charity work is bad, some might just comment at the way it was done (with cameras in place etc.).

When Bono starts getting more press for his charity work than his music, then you can expect some U2 fans to say "hey, wait a minute...."

If your mindset is set on being "objective", are you really giving the music or whatever else you're "reviewing" a chance?

Maybe in the back of your mind you're holding back because you start thinking "hey, I'm not objective here, the little fan boy in me is taking over! Oh my God!"....  Tongue

I just don't think anybody is objective.

You're biased one way or another.

We prefer those who support GN'R, the ones you call blind followers and freaks.

If I feel the need to say they fucked something up then it is my right to say so.

Does it make you feel better when you comment on shit you know nothing about?

In most cases, you don't know. But you're quick to point fingers.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2009, 03:37:48 PM »

So what you are saying he is saying is that you have to be a blind foollower to come to this site and enjoy this band?

That's the thing with you "objective real fans".

You think supportive equals "blind follower" and "ass kisser".

"I'm so objective and I go to a fan site to whine about shit I know nothing about because it's my right! I'm a real fan God damn it!  crying "

I'm not interested in catering to whiny fucks who are only interested in looking for faults in everything their "favorite" band does. All in the name of "objectivity".

If I want objective opinions on GN'R, I wouldn't fucking ask a supposed GN'R fan.

If I want to read about how much GN'R sucks, I wouldn't assume I'll find those people on a GN'R site. Seems like many of you do.

Weird thing.

You're as biased as the rest. The only difference is that you're so obsessed with the objectivity label that you can't enjoy things. The constant need to bash, ridicule and over analyze everything takes the upper hand, so there's no room to just enjoy the music for what it's for.

It's like you listen to the album looking for faults. You go to a show and look for people who aren't enjoying themselves so you can point it out in your "review".

Are you so clueless that you think I'd spend years building something, only to let it be used against the band? Where the fuck did you get that idea from?

Some of these real fans are so two faced it's not even funny. In tough times, they're against the band, in good times they're with the band.

The fans who were with the band through everything are labeled freaks, blind followers, ass kissers and brainwashed.

If you're that concerned about what other people think of you on the Internet. Then, wow!

Your image on the Internet is that of a "cool guy".

Awesome. Congratulations.

This forum has always had a "No Trolling" policy, I don't give a shit if its in the GNR section or the Jungle. there has always been a No Trolling policy which is why this forum has always been one of the best.

I remember when the political threads got axed due to trolling/arguments etc.

So just because it is about Slash, all of a sudden there are no rules?

Nobody said that.

I'm just saying the Slash fans need to realize the people here might not be as pro-Slash as on his own fansites.

Some of them seem to get it confused.

"It's a VR section!"

Addition:

I understand that some of you are proud of the fact that you can think for yourselves and don't believe everything that's reported in the media etc.

"Think for yourself" and all that.

But nobody's ever explained why some fans of a rock band need to constantly question everything and assume they're being lied to?

Basically you're calling things bullshit just for the sake of doing so. It's your "right".

You might not know anything about the topic at hand, you're just using your right to be an objective free thinking real fan with conspiracy theories, so you call "bullshit!".

I mean, if you said "I agree" then you'd be one of those blind followers! That sounds so scary.... There goes your online image!

/jarmo

I'm not trying to have some cool image on the internet, that's for other people.  Where in any of my posts have you got the impression I am trying to be some cool guy on the internet.  That's just you projecting shit onto me.  I'm not whining about shit actually I just don't understand the hypocritical stance of alot of the members around here.

Not even sure why you feel the need to single me out.  

Anways can I get an answer to this question:

So it is ok to come into this section just to talk trash?

A yes or no will do.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »

I'm not trying to have some cool image on the internet, that's for other people.  Where in any of my posts have you got the impression I am trying to be some cool guy on the internet.  That's just you projecting shit onto me.  I'm not whining about shit actually I just don't understand the hypocritical stance of alot of the members around here.

Not even sure why you feel the need to single me out.  

I replied to your post, but a lot of it was general ramblings.

Anways can I get an answer to this question:

So it is ok to come into this section just to talk trash?

A yes or no will do.

Define trash.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »

I don't mind people being negative of Slash if they genuinely don't like something he does. But here lately it seems people are bashing just for the sake of bashing.

I'll explain this for you.

For some, this latest CNN reported charity event might just seem like yet another public appearance by the guy who loves attention.

So when he doesn't have a band recording/touring and get noticed that way, and his book has ran its course, then what can he do?

Public appearances at awards shows, selling his house on Ellen etc. It's like he never goes away from the spotlight.

I don't think anybody's said that doing charity work is bad, some might just comment at the way it was done (with cameras in place etc.).

When Bono starts getting more press for his charity work than his music, then you can expect some U2 fans to say "hey, wait a minute...."

If your mindset is set on being "objective", are you really giving the music or whatever else you're "reviewing" a chance?

Maybe in the back of your mind you're holding back because you start thinking "hey, I'm not objective here, the little fan boy in me is taking over! Oh my God!"....  Tongue

I just don't think anybody is objective.

You're biased one way or another.

We prefer those who support GN'R, the ones you call blind followers and freaks.

If I feel the need to say they fucked something up then it is my right to say so.

Does it make you feel better when you comment on shit you know nothing about?

In most cases, you don't know. But you're quick to point fingers.

/jarmo

In the grand scheme of things I would rather have Slash or whoever addicted to attention than heroin.

You're right to a degree, we are all biased.  But don't we all objectively look at songs and rate them?  That's how we pick and choose our faves, right?  Am I biased towards Guns when it comes to other bands?  yes, sure.  But I can also objectively look at their music and say that I think Rocket Queen is their best song.

So if I complain that I think CD should have rocked more then i have no clue what I am talking about?  If I complain that Axl took the stage 3 hours late (not trying to start anything here just an example) to a show I attended then I don't know what I'm talking about?  That's crazy talk.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2009, 03:56:56 PM »

Define trash.

/jarmo

If I may..

Repetetive attention seeking trolling to incite reaction based on allegiance to one side and dislike for another.

Yes or no?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2009, 04:08:27 PM »

I think there's a very small minority of people who repeatedly complain about GNR or Axl (and they usually are rightly banned pretty quick) and then when someone else who is generally positive about the band gives a criticism of some kind, they get lumped in with the small minority, which soon ends up looking a lot bigger than it actually is. I mean, most people here are generally supportive of GNR, but not everyone is going to agree with everything to do with the band. I'm sure that fans of any band are like that. So 99% of the time they support the band, but that 1% they have a different opinion gets more attention than it needs, because some perceive it as some kind of grand attack on the band. Or at least, that's how they choose to take it. Reading a comment, you can take it in a very different way than the person meant it.

If that made any sense. Undecided

Define trash.

/jarmo

If I may..

Repetetive attention seeking trolling to incite reaction based on allegiance to one side and dislike for another.

Yes or no?

I would say so. ok

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

Define trash.

/jarmo

If I may..

Yes or no?

My thoughts just couldn't put the words together.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:41 PM »

I think there's a very small minority of people who repeatedly complain about GNR or Axl (and they usually are rightly banned pretty quick) and then when someone else who is generally positive about the band gives a criticism of some kind, they get lumped in with the small minority, which soon ends up looking a lot bigger than it actually is. I mean, most people here are generally supportive of GNR, but not everyone is going to agree with everything to do with the band. I'm sure that fans of any band are like that. So 99% of the time they support the band, but that 1% they have a different opinion gets more attention than it needs, because some perceive it as some kind of grand attack on the band. Or at least, that's how they choose to take it. Reading a comment, you can take it in a very different way than the person meant it.

If that made any sense. Undecided

That makes perfect sense. But it seems that anything pro-Slash is now being viewed as anti-GNR since we heard from up on high that he is a "cancer". I think you can still criticize some things. For example, I don't care for TIL and have said so in that thread to little or no reaction from others. But there seems to be some unhealthy obsession with Slash.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »

We don't pay him to do it? are u fucking high?

Who buys the albums, tickets, merchandise etc? U do realize that is how he gets paid right?

Also, hell yeah at my job if I don't do it right, I will get sued, fired or possibly jailed, so hell yeah it matters how u do your job.

In Axl's own words, Your misconceptions and false sense of entitlement do not dictate his actions.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

Define trash.

/jarmo

If I may..

Yes or no?

So if somebody says "Looks like another publicity stunt by Slash" in a thread, that would not be ok?

Even saying "I don't like this song" could be considered trolling if the rest of you think it's the best song ever.

In other words, anything negative said about the former members could be considered trolling because the rest of you adore those guys.

And then we're a Slash fan site all of a sudden.

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2009, 04:46:07 PM »

Well...in a ex members section... i dont see how it would be a slash fansite.

but ARGHh whats the point.

its just the same answers from both sides on either of it.

this is topics a load of bollocks. infact, im just gonna stay out of this ex gnr members part cause its full of douchebag arguments over gay shit.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2009, 04:46:37 PM »

Define trash.

/jarmo

If I may..

Yes or no?

So if somebody says "Looks like another publicity stunt by Slash" in a thread, that would not be ok?

Even saying "I don't like this song" could be considered trolling if the rest of you think it's the best song ever.

In other words, anything negative said about the former members could be considered trolling because the rest of you adore those guys.

And then we're a Slash fan site all of a sudden.

/jarmo

I think it's the "repetitive" part that most people take issue with.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »

Define trash.

/jarmo

If I may..

Yes or no?

/jarmo

No need for semantics...again..

I'll be more concise..

How about just "Repetetive attention seeking trolling to incite reaction"

Yes or no?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »

If I post five times in this section and you think they're attention seeking trolling to incite whatever.

It's repetitive since it's more than one post.  It's probably "trolling" because you don't agree.

Does that make me a troll?

See, it's not easy saying yes or no. It's more a question that depends on the case.

What about those that start commenting on how I run my site, as soon as I say something they don't agree with?

Isn't that "Repetitive attention seeking trolling to incite reaction based on allegiance to one side and dislike for another" as well?

Yes/No?

/jarmo

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »

If I post five times in this section and you think they're attention seeking trolling to incite whatever.

It's repetitive since it's more than one post.  It's probably "trolling" because you don't agree.

See, it's not easy saying yes or no. It's more a question that depends on the case.

Is it considered trolling if the same is done in the GNR section?

What about those that start commenting on how I run my site, as soon as I say something they don't agree with?

Isn't that "Repetitive attention seeking trolling to incite reaction based on allegiance to one side and dislike for another" as well?

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Yes.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:20:45 PM by jemin » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »

Jarmo

there is a difference in giving an honest opinion about something and flat out trolling.

I am speaking specifically of "This thread" also.

Read the Original thread starter's post and then see Jim Bob's

Being Critical of something isn't trolling unless u are intentionally doing it to get a rise and start a fight.

I feel Jim Bob does that in this thread

Music is subjective and opinion based, so as long as u have a half decent argument, it isn't trolling.

if Jim Bob wants to talk about how bad Slash's solo album sucks, that is fine

but to just blatantly post unnecessary stuff just to cause an uproar is trolling

Once again,Slash's charity was raising awareness for a music center that needs funding. doing that anonymously doesn't exactly get u donations does it?

Look when Slash visited that one guy in the cancer ward on his death bed and what did he do? He jammed and recorded with the guy right?   He didn't have a crew there, the guys family told the press about that one.

So to try and discredit Slash for doing something good and for charity is just ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

It's repetitive since it's more than one post.

If it echos the same sentiment 5 times offering nothing else to the thread, yes.

It's probably "trolling" because you don't agree.

A troll's a troll whether I agree or not...

Yes.

More specifically, would you say a section by section basis?

Your site, your rules.

Yes/No?

Yes.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »

Is it considered trolling if the same is done in the GNR section?

Once again: This is a GN'R site.

I keep repeating it because it doesn't register at all.

If somebody goes to a GN'R site to troll the GN'R section, it's WRONG!

It's not the same thing as somebody who loves GN'R posting in (or like you call it, trolling) the VR section.

I know for you VR fans it appears like it's the same thing.

But if you come here only to post shit about GN'R, you're on the wrong fucking site!

If you don't like VR, fine. You don't have to.

If you say you don't like that band, you're not trolling, even though a bunch of VR fans might think so.

What's next? Everybody must love Barack Obama and pepperoni pizza?

D, apparently I'm trolling because I don't buy the idea that Slash is a carefree cool humanitarian honest guitar God.

So apparently I should warm myself and then ban myself from posting on this board because I don't agree with what some former members do.

Guess what, it's not gonna happen.

I'm glad you agree that several of you VR fans are trolling your own section yourselves by constantly whining about what I do or don't do and how unfair it is.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:02:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pine Barrens
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

I think the bottom line here, and what is irking people a bit, is that Jim Bob seems to be getting a Get Out of Jail Free Card for doing something that would not have been tolerated elsewhere on this board. It's not very consistent with the rules as they have been defined in the past.

Like I said, you can come out and say that Jim Bob and anyone else who wants to come into the ex-members section and stir things up, can do so without consequence. It's your board. But it would pretty much render the board useless as it would become trite.

Even if some people on here do not like Slash as a person and choose sides in the Axl vs. Slash thing (I don't. Like I have stated so many times before, I am a fan, not a soldier), there is still something to be said for fairness. I love discussing GN'R in the main section, and if someone comes in and starts bashing Axl or Bumble, it is swiftly dealt with, as it should be, but I would love to see the same results here, in this section.

You told me that if I thought that this section was not being moderated, I was wrong, and I told you that I really didn't think anything and that is why I asked. Well, now I think that this board is being moderated, just by different rules.

But hey, it's not my board. But, hopefully, I am still allowed to give my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: