Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School  (Read 41864 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »

U missed my edit

sure we pay him

buying albums, concert tickets, merchandise.

If the fans didn't buy it, he would have no money

My point still stands. Why wouldn't he have money then? Because we fired him? No. He gets paid because he is successful at what he does. We didn't hire him, he made his own career that has nothing to do with us as individuals. What right do we have to criticize his work?

If AFD didn't sell well GnR would have disappeared or still be playing in small bars.  The fans made GnR and Axl no ifs ands or buts about it.

If a band doesn't sell, they get dropped by the label.  he is successful because fans, us as individuals, buy his albums and tix.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »

I just don't think its fair to have two separate sets of rules

There aren't 2 seperate sets of rules. There is one set of rules and then no rules when it comes to bagging on Slash. Supposedly there is an ex-members section so GNR "fans" can check out what Izzy, Robin, Bucket, etc. are doing. But somehow those people choose to post about Slash instead. I don't know why they don't get it over with and just fuckin delete anything to do with Slash.

What right do we have to criticize his work?

The same right people have to criticize Slash's work.

Well I don't pose as a fucking Slash fan, that's the difference! So because we buy Axl's products, we own him? We don't have a right to tell him how to manage his own career that has nothing to do with us or tell him how to make his music! He has enough critics, if you call yourself a fan you should support him.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2009, 03:01:34 PM »

plus.

People get moaned at for questioning Axl at anytime. JimBob moans at people for doing that. Yet he has a free ticket to do the exact same thing about a different artist.

its hypocritical.

html sucks
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2009, 03:02:06 PM »

U missed my edit

sure we pay him

My point still stands. Why wouldn't he have money then? Because we fired him? No. He gets paid because he is successful at what he does. We didn't hire him, he made his own career that has nothing to do with us as individuals. What right do we have to criticize his work?

If AFD didn't sell well GnR would have disappeared or still be playing in small bars.  The fans made GnR and Axl no ifs ands or buts about it.

If a band doesn't sell, they get dropped by the label.  he is successful because fans, us as individuals, buy his albums and tix.

He is successful because he is damn good at what he does!

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2009, 03:04:49 PM »

Yeah but all entertainers are paid "by the fans"

I don't know how u can argue that.....

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »

I just don't think its fair to have two separate sets of rules

There aren't 2 seperate sets of rules. There is one set of rules and then no rules when it comes to bagging on Slash. Supposedly there is an ex-members section so GNR "fans" can check out what Izzy, Robin, Bucket, etc. are doing. But somehow those people choose to post about Slash instead. I don't know why they don't get it over with and just fuckin delete anything to do with Slash.

What right do we have to criticize his work?

The same right people have to criticize Slash's work.

Well I don't pose as a fucking Slash fan, that's the difference! So because we buy Axl's products, we own him? We don't have a right to tell him how to manage his own career that has nothing to do with us or tell him how to make his music! He has enough critics, if you call yourself a fan you should support him.

Who is saying they own Axl?  To say he owes his success to his fans is an absolute truth.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2009, 03:06:28 PM »

Yeah he is paid by the fans but he is successful because of what he does.
We don't have anything to do with what he accomplishes, we are passive buyers, so what gives you the right to tell him how he should manage a career that has never had anything to do with you?

GN'R 2010!!!
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2009, 03:06:31 PM »

So what you are saying he is saying is that you have to be a blind foollower to come to this site and enjoy this band?

Or at least that's what is preferred here?

Think about it. What the fuck does Axl owe you? In his own words, not one goddamn thing. The man is creating music. We don't help him do it, we don't pay him to do it, we don't know him personally. So that means that if you come here and criticize him under the shield of being a "fan", you're just some person ragging on another guy's work and accomplishments. Where the fuck is the sense in that? Doesn't make any sense to me. What is your right to do that? Because he's a public figure and put his work out there? Leave him alone or support him. It could never enter my head to come here and try to tell him what he should do. Do strangers do that at your work? If you support him, great, if you don't, get the fuck out because this place is clearly not intended for people like you.

What the fuck are you talking about?  I never said he owed me shit.  As a matter of fact I never brought his name up.  I don't come to criticise no one.  I know on this site if you are going to do that whether it's warranted or not the mindless drones come out of the woodwork anyway.

What I don't get is why you and others think it's fine to do that to any of the ex members of this band but not Axl?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »

U missed my edit

sure we pay him

He is successful because he is damn good at what he does!

he is successful because fans buy his stuff.  There are plenty of talented people out there that don't have his degree of success i.e. fans.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2009, 03:07:40 PM »

Because its the internet and it is what people do.

All Entertainers are paid based on how well they perform AND connect with people.

If u don't sell albums or tickets, u aren't getting paid what people who do get paid.

There is a reason some bands are considered more successful than others.  Albums sold, tickets sold, money made.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:09:24 PM by D » Logged

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2009, 03:08:12 PM »

So what you are saying he is saying is that you have to be a blind foollower to come to this site and enjoy this band?

Think about it. What the fuck does Axl owe you? In his own words, not one goddamn thing. The man is creating music. We don't help him do it, we don't pay him to do it, we don't know him personally. So that means that if you come here and criticize him under the shield of being a "fan", you're just some person ragging on another guy's work and accomplishments. Where the fuck is the sense in that? Doesn't make any sense to me. What is your right to do that? Because he's a public figure and put his work out there? Leave him alone or support him. It could never enter my head to come here and try to tell him what he should do. Do strangers do that at your work? If you support him, great, if you don't, get the fuck out because this place is clearly not intended for people like you.

What the fuck are you talking about?  I never said he owed me shit.  As a matter of fact I never brought his name up.  I don't come to criticise no one.  I know on this site if you are going to do that whether it's warranted or not the mindless drones come out of the woodwork anyway.

What I don't get is why you and others think it's fine to do that to any of the ex members of this band but not Axl?

Key word: EX-MEMBER! This site is dedicated to the current band called Guns N' Roses. That's the difference.

GN'R 2010!!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

Dude, don't even get baited into this argument. "We don't pay him directly so we don't have a right to criticize" is one of the stupidest fucking statements I've ever heard in my life.

Also, how did this thread get turned into an argument about whether or not we support Axl. It was about Slash doing something for a good cause, people needlessly jabbing him for it, those people getting called out, and then it completely veered off topic when certain people ran out of solid points.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »

We don't have anything to do with what he accomplishes, we are passive buyers, so what gives you the right to tell him how he should manage a career that has never had anything to do with you?

Who is telling him how to manage his career.  Where in the discussion did that even come up?  What the fuck?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »

Entertainers can be unsuccessful and great at what they do.

Success is based on what u accomplish.

If the fans don't like it, I don't give a shit how great u are, u aren't selling records or tickets therefore your talent will pretty much be u acting,singing or dancing to yourself.

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2009, 03:11:26 PM »

Key word: EX-MEMBER! This site is dedicated to the current band called Guns N' Roses. That's the difference.

And now because they are ex members you are allowed to talk trash? 

Pot meet keetle.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »

Who is telling him how to manage his career.  Where in the discussion did that even come up?  What the fuck?

I was wondering that myself...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2009, 03:12:26 PM »

Are you seriously that thickheaded?  So if he wrote songs that no one bought would he still be successful?  There is no such thing as a passive buyer.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2009, 03:12:35 PM »

This forum has always had a "No Trolling" policy, I don't give a shit if its in the GNR section or the Jungle. there has always been a No Trolling policy which is why this forum has always been one of the best.

I remember when the political threads got axed due to trolling/arguments etc.

So just because it is about Slash, all of a sudden there are no rules?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2009, 03:13:38 PM »

That's the thing with you "objective real fans".

You think supportive equals "blind follower" and "ass kisser".

"I'm so objective and I go to a fan site to whine about shit I know nothing about because it's my right! I'm a real fan God damn it!  crying "

I'm not interested in catering to whiny fucks who are only interested in looking for faults in everything their "favorite" band does. All in the name of "objectivity".

If I want objective opinions on GN'R, I wouldn't fucking ask a supposed GN'R fan.

If I want to read about how much GN'R sucks, I wouldn't assume I'll find those people on a GN'R site. Seems like many of you do.

Weird thing.

You're as biased as the rest. The only difference is that you're so obsessed with the objectivity label that you can't enjoy things. The constant need to bash, ridicule and over analyze everything takes the upper hand, so there's no room to just enjoy the music for what it's for.

It's like you listen to the album looking for faults. You go to a show and look for people who aren't enjoying themselves so you can point it out in your "review".

Are you so clueless that you think I'd spend years building something, only to let it be used against the band? Where the fuck did you get that idea from?

Some of these real fans are so two faced it's not even funny. In tough times, they're against the band, in good times they're with the band.

The fans who were with the band through everything are labeled freaks, blind followers, ass kissers and brainwashed.

If you're that concerned about what other people think of you on the Internet. Then, wow!

Your image on the Internet is that of a "cool guy".

Awesome. Congratulations.

This forum has always had a "No Trolling" policy, I don't give a shit if its in the GNR section or the Jungle. there has always been a No Trolling policy which is why this forum has always been one of the best.

I remember when the political threads got axed due to trolling/arguments etc.

So just because it is about Slash, all of a sudden there are no rules?

Nobody said that.

I'm just saying the Slash fans need to realize the people here might not be as pro-Slash as on his own fansites.

Some of them seem to get it confused.

"It's a VR section!"

Addition:

I understand that some of you are proud of the fact that you can think for yourselves and don't believe everything that's reported in the media etc.

"Think for yourself" and all that.

But nobody's ever explained why some fans of a rock band need to constantly question everything and assume they're being lied to?

Basically you're calling things bullshit just for the sake of doing so. It's your "right".

You might not know anything about the topic at hand, you're just using your right to be an objective free thinking real fan with conspiracy theories, so you call "bullshit!".

I mean, if you said "I agree" then you'd be one of those blind followers! That sounds so scary.... There goes your online image!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:24:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2009, 03:21:07 PM »

I do agree with u on that Jarmo. People spending time at concerts looking at other people......... I never quite understood that one.

I don't mind people being negative of Slash if they genuinely don't like something he does. But here lately it seems people are bashing just for the sake of bashing.

The difference is, people who are critical of GNR are fans at least somewhat. So posting about GNR is at least understandable even if they are somewhat negative.

People like Jim Bob who hates Slash's guts, I just don't understand why he spends so much time posting and talking about him.

I could see if it were in a thread where he was defending Axl or something against Slash, but here, he made the first post and it was blatant trolling.

Im not saying he does it every single post, but in this instance, he did.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: