Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School  (Read 41862 times)
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2009, 12:54:17 AM »

So it is ok to come into every post about Slash/VR just to talk trash?

Fixed to clarify.

Really, Slash hasn't been in GnR since 1996.    I don't think it matters.

If this was a Slash/VR board, I would not be here.  Grin

What's that have to do with whether or not it's ok to come and talk trash in every thread/post about him?  Never said you had to be a supporter of his just wonder what the attraction to Slash is for you to bring you to just about every post about him or the band he is in since you obviously love.......... I mean loathe him.

Besides that you must have a guilty conscience as the post wasn't directed at you but to Jarmo since he runs the site and has a better handle on the rules of what's allowed and what isn't.
ben9785
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 01:59:05 AM »

I like the fact Axl made such a low key visit to meet some sick kids at a hospital, and nobody really found out about it until a long time after. But that's not to say it isn't great of Slash to make the time to meet students at a school, even if CNN was conveniently there to report about it.

Such high profile artists might have so much more demands of their time, yet they still make the effort for charitable visits like this.. Whatever their personal motivation is in it is their own business. Good on them for ultimately agreeing to it.

4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2009, 03:10:19 AM »

We can love Axl and Slash. We can love them both. 99% of the fans love them both. Only 1% are into this stupid war.
Slash will always be part of Guns N' Roses, forever and ever, he will always be remembered as THE guitarist of Guns N' Roses and the Leader of the band with Axl.
Always, even in 100 years. There's nothing you can do against that. You can't rewrite the History.

This whole "Axl VS Slash" is childish and pointless. It's like a mother/father feud, don't ask a children to choose.

Both made the History of the band and the History of Rock n' Roll  peace

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:16:36 AM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2009, 03:26:50 AM »

As Slash said, this is becoming sorta like "whatever!"

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2009, 06:59:27 AM »

As Slash said, this is becoming sorta like "whatever!"

What a magnificant, thought-provoking quote.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »

Heres how i see it.

Jarmo runs the site, hes very into and supportive of the new band . With personal connections to them who wouldnt.

Jarmo will argue and defend Guns N Roses. You can debate with him and he will give as good as he get. Ive done it many times, but one thing you dont do. Is get personal with him, whats the point. Its just two contrasting opinions on a music forum board. Fine, argue, theres no denying a forum would be somewhat pointless if there were not multiple opinions. But if you get all personal on his ass, he will just rape you.

JimBob, he loves the newer line ups. You cant take that away from the guy. BUT, honestly JimBob, you do often come into threads saying the same old stuff and argueing. So often its easy to stereotype and make up a "JimBob" post.

Its nice Slash helped out Charity. You wonder why theres another Axl VS Slash argument. Here is your answer.

First reply (unless others before have been deleted, then i do apologise, but this is what i saw when i came in)

he's such a swell guy

what class

there is no one cooler

what an awesome guy..  not only is he a great guitar player, he has a heart of gold.  love

Do it for the kids!

Cause that isnt gonna cause an argument?

Youve come into the VR section, of the forum JimBob. Of a band you claim to not have any interest in. Read a thread not really anything to do with music or politics of axl n slash. And start shit up. WTF do you expect, gracious replies?

html sucks
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2009, 08:45:20 AM »

Dude, this is over a charity event!!!  What thought could that possibly provoke from anyone? 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2009, 08:53:15 AM »

Dude, this is over a charity event!!!  What thought could that possibly provoke from anyone? 

I didn't expect you Slash fans to get it. That quote was from Slash himself over an entirely different issue, namely Axl finally setting the record straight as far as Slash is concerned and Slash' reply was the very elequant "dude um it's like whatever".

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »

I didn't expect you Slash fans to get it. That quote was from Slash himself over an entirely different issue, namely Axl finally setting the record straight as far as Slash is concerned and Slash' reply was the very elequant "dude um it's like whatever".

Which is why i said above, "as Slash said!".  What else would you expect Slash to say anyways?  If someone called you a "cancer", how on earth would you respond?  Its a ridiculous statement anyways.  Such a statement isnt exactly "setting the record straight" either.  Its a tired low blow.  So as I said above, this whole thread has now become "whatever".  Its not of any interest to anyone.  Its just mindless bickering.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2009, 10:40:53 AM »

If this was a Slash/VR board, I would not be here.  Grin

But this is the Slash/VR section and you are here. confused

On a completely different note, wasn't today or yesterday like exactly a year since Weiland got fired?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »

slash fans crack me up
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »

slash fans crack me up

JimBob officially ran out of comebacks

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2009, 11:09:40 AM »

On a completely different note, wasn't today or yesterday like exactly a year since Weiland got fired?

yesterday last year was there last show in amsterdam i believe.  And yeah, looks like Jim Bob has ran outta things to say here.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2009, 11:11:04 AM »

slash fans crack me up

No, I just don't need to respond to some of the bullshit.  Slash isn't in GnR.   This site isn't dedicated to him.   There are sites dedicated to him.    I promise not to join them.    Whats the problem?

If I'm pissing off Slash fans by expressing my opinions, I don't really give a shit.  Sorry, I just don't.  
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »

No, I just don't need to respond to some of the bullshit.  Slash isn't in GnR.   This site isn't dedicated to him.   There are sites dedicated to him.    I promise not to join them.    Whats the problem?

If I'm pissing off Slash fans by expressing my opinions, I don't really give a shit.  Sorry, I just don't. 

So why spend SO much time commenting in the VR section.  Not that I care anyways, but i believe you told me to "fuck off" when I commented in the GNR section about the axl/Del James interview.  It was considered trolling.  Fair enough, this is a GNR site, but it has a VR section!  Thats were we talk about VR.  Don't bother commenting here at all if you don't like VR. 

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2009, 11:26:31 AM »

slash fans crack me up

No, I just don't need to respond to some of the bullshit.  Slash isn't in GnR.   This site isn't dedicated to him.   There are sites dedicated to him.    I promise not to join them.    Whats the problem?

If I'm pissing off Slash fans by expressing my opinions, I don't really give a shit.  Sorry, I just don't.  

But this is a section of this board dedicated to ex members such as Slash.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2009, 11:33:30 AM »

slash fans crack me up

But this is a section of this board dedicated to ex members such as Slash.

And I don't know what it's doing on this board in the first place, being that that loose-lipped fuck is not member of Guns N' Roses and hasn't been in a very long time.

GN'R 2010!!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »

Again though, many fan's actually like to read about ex members' news.  Could it be that after the release of Chinese Democracy, all of a sudden there is no relevant news in the GNR section and still no tour announced, so you come here just to start arguments?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2009, 12:25:16 PM »

Alright guys, the back and forth BS is officially getting old.

Cease and desist.

We all understand this is a GNR site with a VR section.

If you're not into VR or it's members, this probably isn't the best portion of the site to spend your time posting for reactionary purposes.

Clear enough for everyone?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2009, 12:33:19 PM »

Alright guys, the back and forth BS is officially getting old.

Cease and desist.

We all understand this is a GNR site with a VR section.

If you're not into VR or it's members, this probably isn't the best portion of the site to spend your time posting for reactionary purposes.

Clear enough for everyone?

Thank you.  Perfectly clear to me.   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: