Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School  (Read 41827 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 05:44:24 PM »

Surely anyone could post all kind of negative opinions in any of the threads in, say, the Bad Obsession section and justify it by saying this is a GNR site??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »

If someone did this shit in the main section, he would've been banned years ago.

If someone comes to a GN'R site posting shit about GN'R, yes. It makes sense.

What some of you still fail to see after all these years is that not all GN'R fans are in love with VR, Adler's Appetite or any other side projects.

If you want to hang out with a pro-Slash crowd, go find a Slash forum. They do exist.

The guy's a GN'R fan, the rest I don't care about. I don't give a fuck if he owns the Adler's Appetite EP or Snakepit albums.

Surely anyone could post all kind of negative opinions in any of the threads in, say, the Bad Obsession section and justify it by saying this is a GNR site??

You don't think it happens?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »

U Jim Bob seem to post about Slash JUST to piss people off. U and then Gilee started this entire thing but u were the main catalyst. Had u not posted, this thread would be about a page long with no argument.

here's an idea: stop reacting to my posts.

see my sig
Mods, huh?

The guy even admits hes trolling, yet nothing is done? If someone did this shit in the main section, he would've been banned years ago.
I know this is the "uncool" section, but what the fuck, come on already.

lets call it the 'lame' section.   "uncool" reminds me of one of bumblefoot's albums and its way better than that vr shit Wink

i'm not trolling.   the difference between the GNR section and this one has been explained time and time again.

if you are looking for slash love, find a slash board.  like jarmo said, they do exist.   i promise i wont join.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »

Mods, huh?

The guy even admits hes trolling, yet nothing is done? If someone did this shit in the main section, he would've been banned years ago.

Understood.

I thought the following gentle form of "moderation"  may deter repeat offender(s)..

In other words - "the bait".  Necessitated by the same people looking for someone to invariably bite.

It obviously didn't.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
makane
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »

If someone did this shit in the main section, he would've been banned years ago.

What some of you still fail to see after all these years is that not all GN'R fans are in love with VR, Adler's Appetite or any other side projects.

If you want to hang out with a pro-Slash crowd, go find a Slash forum. They do exist.

The guy's a GN'R fan, the rest I don't care about. I don't give a fuck if he owns the Adler's Appetite EP or Snakepit albums.

/jarmo

I understand that not everyone "loves" VR or the older Guns, but why even have this section if everything is allowed, just as long as you are a "gn'r fan"?

I just thought it would be cool to read news from both the new and old Guns from the same site, without having some guy(s) posting pointless shit to every thread and drifting them to the same 'ol every single time.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
makane
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »

U Jim Bob seem to post about Slash JUST to piss people off. U and then Gilee started this entire thing but u were the main catalyst. Had u not posted, this thread would be about a page long with no argument.

here's an idea: stop reacting to my posts.

see my sig
Mods, huh?

lets call it the 'lame' section.   "uncool" reminds me of one of bumblefoot's albums and its way better than that vr shit Wink

i'm not trolling.   the difference between the GNR section and this one has been explained time and time again.

if you are looking for slash love, find a slash board.  like jarmo said, they do exist.   i promise i wont join.
"the difference between the GNR section and this one" what is it? That you post more stupid shit here than in the GN'R section?
Keep on quoting other people, thats what you're good at.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pine Barrens
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2009, 07:58:38 PM »

You don't think it happens?

/jarmo

But, and pardon me for interjecting here, if you go by that logic, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of having an Ex-GN'R member section, doesn't it? It might as well be removed. It's not so much about Slash-loving or Axl-loving for me, it's more about being able to have an civil conversation about matters that might be related to any current or former member without it turning into a pile of shit for no good reason. And if the rules of the main secton do not extend to the ex-member section, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

And for anyone looking to jump down my throat, trust me, I know this is Jarmo's board and I have in the past been one to tell other people that it's quite simple, if you don't like it, leave, and I would (although I am pretty hard to offend). I am simply just giving my opinion on something that doesn't make sense to me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2009, 08:15:35 PM »

But, and pardon me for interjecting here, if you go by that logic, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of having an Ex-GN'R member section, doesn't it? It might as well be removed. It's not so much about Slash-loving or Axl-loving for me, it's more about being able to have an civil conversation about matters that might be related to any current or former member without it turning into a pile of shit for no good reason. And if the rules of the main secton do not extend to the ex-member section, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The other alternative is to have all the VR fans polluting the other sections with their threads....  Wink

It would take up valuable space from bands such as Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode.

The amazing thing is that many of the Slash fans claim to be objective. It's kinda ironic that they are the ones objecting to criticism of Slash's antics.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:18:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pine Barrens
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »

The other alternative is to have all the VR fans polluting the other sections with their threads....  Wink

It would take up valuable space from bands such as Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode.

The amazing thing is that many of the Slash fans claim to be objective. It's kinda ironic that they are the ones objecting to criticism of Slash's antics.

/jarmo

Ok, but my point is more, if you're going to have a VR section, shouldn't it and those who choose to post there be able to have their threads unpolluted by those who wish to only post valid posts in the main section? I don't want people coming into the main GN'R section and talk shit about GN'R, just as much as I don't want to see it happening in the VR section, it just makes it unpleasant. And again, Jarmo, it's within your full right to tell me a simple "no" and that you want it that way. It is your board and I cannot argue with that, I'm just asking for clarification on something I really don't understand.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:09:00 PM by Pine Barrens » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »

Ok, but my point is more, if you're going to have a VR section, shouldn't it and those who choose to post there be able to have their threads unpolluted by those who wish to only post valid posts in the main section? I don't want people coming into the main GN'R section and talk shit about GN'R, just as much as I don't want to see it happening in the VR section, it just makes it unpleasant. And again, Jarmo, it's within your full right to tell me a simple "no" and that you want it that way. It is your board and I cannot argue with that, I'm just asking for clarification on something I really don't understand.

As I've said, I don't expect all GN'R fans to like VR.

So if there are some who have a bit more neutral stance on the band, it's kinda expected.

If you think this section isn't moderated, you're wrong.

/jarmo

Pine Barrens
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »

As I've said, I don't expect all GN'R fans to like VR.

So if there are some who have a bit more neutral stance on the band, it's kinda expected.

/jarmo

I really don't think anything, that is why I asked. I was more refering to this particular situation where it seemed as if it was ok to come in and stir things up. But fair enough, you've answered and that's all I asked for.

Have a good one.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »

/jarmo

he speaks the truth.  i think all my neg karma is from falcon for something i said in this section.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2009, 09:46:09 PM »

There is a difference between being "Critical" and flat out "Trolling"

Jim Bob isn't critical in these sections. He posts here JUST to enrage the people who are fans. That is trolling. We know u don't like Slash, so there is no need to constantly bash every single little thing he does just because you think in doing so, it somehow makes u more of a GNR fan.

I've never seen someone more openly "Audition" for a Mod spot or something in my life, it just makes me nutty.

I hate U2's new album, but u don't see me in the U2 section every day posting how much I hate the album and the band cause that is what trolling is. Does trolling happen in the GNR section, yes it does and it is handled swiftly.

I think trolling on any section shouldn't be allowed on the entire forum.

if Slash plays SCOM  with Fergie and u hate it.... it isn't trolling saying how much u hate it.

when the fucking guy is raising awareness for a great cause and u still somehow manage to post the same venom laced, sarcastic stuff, that is trolling.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 10:02:24 PM »

So it is ok to come into this section just to talk trash?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 10:25:30 PM »

So it is ok to come into this section just to talk trash?

Thats not what I do.   I am interested in whats going on with things involving guys like Izzy, Buckethead, Robin.. etc.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »

So it is ok to come into every post about Slash/VR just to talk trash?

Fixed to clarify.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »

Fixed to clarify.

Really, Slash hasn't been in GnR since 1996.    I don't think it matters.

If this was a Slash/VR board, I would not be here.  Grin
Pine Barrens
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »

Fixed to clarify.

Really, Slash hasn't been in GnR since 1996.    I don't think it matters.

If this was a Slash/VR board, I would not be here.   Grin

You sure do spend enough time in the Slash/VR section to make one wonder, though.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »

Technically this section is a VR board.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:30 AM »

damn  Belvedere Middle School is far from my place