Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 03:47:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Robin vs. Slash, which one do you prefer?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin vs. Slash, which one do you prefer?  (Read 61879 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »

Slash.

sucks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »

eggs
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2009, 12:40:07 PM »

Sucks on COMA?? SCOM??? Civil War??? Jungle??

I mean seriously these people that claim to be fans of GNR but truly are only fans of t

he frontman........The bitterness and hatred toward the old band is deluded and at times embarrassing.

Name 3 cool songs or even riffs Robin has written?Huh? Can't do it??? Case closed. Hell I can name 10 riffs /songs that Slash has done in those years that potentially would be awesome with Axl's brilliance added.
Robin had 10 years plus with Axl who ' pulled the best out of Slash'......so what do we have for 10 years plus, with the very best producers, the very best equipment money can buy, a host of talented bandmates, unlimited time, unhindered by having to work to supplement his time etc........ONE song. This despite the rumours of gruelling all night jam sessions over years, thousands of hours of jams on tape, millions of dollars.

As I said previously....' a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters'

Hmmmm who's better....oh that's right Robin looks cooler )  ( and god that's massively debatable)
I don't even particularly like Slash's playing (outside GNR where the melting pot just worked)  I could name 5-10 gitarist I prefer, but Christ, Robin isn't within a zilion miles of Slash, and to say otherwise indicates being a  nuthugger and simply bitter.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:51:07 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »

I mean seriously these people that claim to be fans of GNR but truly are only fans of t

he frontman........

and the current band, the members on cd and robin. we don't need to claim to be fans.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2009, 01:35:17 PM »

he frontman........The bitterness and hatred toward the old band is deluded and at times embarrassing.

I'm a GnR fan.  That hasn't included your lil hero in at least 13 years now.   We've moved on.   The bitterness is more towards the fans who cling to the past and try to ruin these boards for GnR fans.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »

So you think I'll be banned because I say Slash would have probably made a better solo than Robin right?
No, because you're spamming the board with your man crush with Richard.

I suppose that if Jarmo followed your point of vue, I guess 99% of this board would be banned  rofl
Jarmo knows better what to do, I think he doesn't need you to tell him what to do.
I didn't tell him what to do. I said you will be banned. Soon or later. It's all about you and what you do. Don't pretend to forget what Jarmo already told you here.

You like to think you control this board and take the decision. You don't. You never will.
I do? Roll Eyes

And stop the personal attacks, I ain't here for that.
Stop spamming and bullshitting. You ain't here for that either.

Also, stop sending me PM telling me this. I'm only replying your non-sense posts.

Sucks on COMA?? SCOM??? Civil War??? Jungle??

I mean seriously these people that claim to be fans of GNR but truly are only fans of the frontman........The bitterness and hatred toward the old band is deluded and at times embarrassing.
I don't think people are saying "Slash sucked". It's present tense: Slash sucks.

Also, as Jim and ppbebe already pointed, we're fans of the band, yes. But also, isn't the thread about an ex-member too?

Name 3 cool songs or even riffs Robin has written?Huh? Can't do it??? Case closed.
Again, the bullshit about songwriting.

I can name 3 cool songs with Robin's riffs and solos: Better, SOD and TIL.

Now, name 3 cool songs Slash WROTE and had no input in the instrumental part by Izzy or Axl.

Case closed.

Hell I can name 10 riffs /songs that Slash has done in those years that potentially would be awesome with Axl's brilliance added.
Well, Axl wanted to work on some. But your hero didn't want to, did he?

Robin had 10 years plus with Axl who ' pulled the best out of Slash'......so what do we have for 10 years plus, with the very best producers, the very best equipment money can buy, a host of talented bandmates, unlimited time, unhindered by having to work to supplement his time etc........ONE song. This despite the rumours of gruelling all night jam sessions over years, thousands of hours of jams on tape, millions of dollars.
So you're ignoring all the forthcoming songs and ALSO the tracks where he contribuited on it. Amusing.

As I said previously....' a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters'

Hmmmm who's better....oh that's right Robin looks cooler )  ( and god that's massively debatable)
I don't even particularly like Slash's playing (outside GNR where the melting pot just worked)  I could name 5-10 gitarist I prefer, but Christ, Robin isn't within a zilion miles of Slash, and to say otherwise indicates being a  nuthugger and simply bitter.
Talking about monkey and typewriters...

You just can't take it. Too much for your beloved loser.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2009, 01:51:49 PM »

I'm a GnR fan.  That hasn't included your lil hero in at least 13 years now.   We've moved on.   The bitterness is more towards the fans who cling to the past and try to ruin these boards for GnR fans.

So, the thread topic asks which guitar player do you like better: Robin or Slash. I comment Slash. Your troll ass decided to post "sucks" when responding to my post, and I'm the one who's trying to ruin something?  hihi

Get a clue.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:15:25 PM by Rob. » Logged
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2009, 08:34:52 AM »

At the end of the day THIS is why i despise many people with the twisted logic that since Slash is gone he sucks. They give all the arguments in the book , they bring up how he left, how Axl brought the best from him etc..etc.. but in the end it is just all bs for their logic. Slash =  "sucks". This is THE most blatant troll post I've seen on any forum. It quotes a name to say "sucks". Its great to be a fan of a band , past and present. But when someone prefers Slash over Robin and it becomes an argument on how their "lil hero" "$la$h" isn't good it gets pretty stupid. I like Guns N Roses , I prefer the UYI line-up. I like that style I like that sound , I liked the band a HELL of a lot more. I'd rather hear Slash playing those songs, if someone asks me how I prefer I'll say so; not because I dislike the new band but because it is what I like. I'm not "living in the past" I have CD I think the new band is great but solely the fact that it is the present line up means nothing to me. The idea that liking the pre CD band is somehow "living in the past" is ridiculous. If you despise the new band and only love the old band than yes there is an issue. As it boils down to the nitty gritty many people I've seen on here come down to this

"Slash. Sucks" case closed , that's their logic and you've seen it here.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »

Maybe he sucks to Jim Bob because Slash hasn't done anything Jim Bob likes since the early 90s?

Did you ever think about that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »

Maybe he sucks to Jim Bob because Slash hasn't done anything Jim Bob likes since the early 90s?

/jarmo

Alot of people don't think Axl has done anything worthwhile since the early 90s. To say that he "sucks" just because of that is pretty narrow and pointless. We're talking about 2 guys who have taken part in recording some of the greatest rock material to ever be written. Saying that you're a fan of one's music pre- (fill in the blank) is one thing. To say that somebody "sucks" just because they haven't written anything that you have personally been impressed with in awhile is another.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2009, 01:15:49 PM »

we aren't the lot of people.

It's about personal opinions. It's natural that some think slash sucks big time and voice it.  deal with it.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2009, 02:15:31 PM »

we aren't the lot of people.

It's about personal opinions. It's natural that some think slash sucks big time and voice it.  deal with it.

It's natural that you think slash "sucks big time"? I'm not sure how "natural" that is. Especially considering he is recognized by the general public and media as being one of the best guitar players of all time.

So, no. I wouldn't necessarily say that opinion is "natural". It is an opinion though. Just one that isn't shared by very many people at all. But thanks. I'll do my best to "deal" with your opinion. I hope that you are able to find mine somewhat "natural".  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2009, 04:57:31 PM »

Like i said we don't obey. We see things for ourselves thus we rock.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2009, 05:43:41 PM »

Like i said we don't obey. We see things for ourselves thus we rock.

"Obey"? Umm ...ok.  hihi

Geez, man. Isn't "seeing something for yourself" subjective? I mean, just because Axl and Slash had a fall out and are no longer friends, does that mean I should no longer  appreciate or respect the music that one of them made? And by me doing so, what would I be proving? Last time I checked, I have no personal relationship with with either of them, nor do I have a vested interest in who these 2 choose to spend their time with. If they don't want to play together or like one another, oh well. It's a shame that has to be considering the chemistry that they once shared.  But I certainly don't have any sense of personal obligation to either one of them.

I can't wait to hear Slash's solo album. Especially considering some of the vocalists who have been mentioned. I'm sure you already have your mind up that it "will be shit" just because that best suits your misguided obligation. Me, I think I'll just be happy to see another album from one of the guys who took part in creating some of my favorite albums.
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2009, 07:07:29 PM »

"the chemistry that they once shared... " you have said it ... it?s past
not now ... Axl has been hurt by this man ...
just because axl has a special soul,  love and he is so sensitve  love
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »

Can someone explain why everyone that responded to my post called Slash my hero?Huh He most certainly isn't my hero in any way, Axl was pretty much my hero up to the age of 30.

My opinion is based I believe upon rational thought, I'm dead against any form of hero worship, as I said I'm not even a fan of Slash's music outside the GNR melting pot, where it worked wonderfully. Hero my arse.

If you take the personal bitterness about Slash away I'd find it difficult to rate Robin over Slash....REALLY difficult. The thread is about who you prefer, well if you look at what each guitarist has done whilst in GNR, Slash has done substantially more....so my answer in this context is Slash.

Can I also quote Robs post as it's very well said.

"I mean, just because Axl and Slash had a fall out and are no longer friends, does that mean I should no longer  appreciate or respect the music that one of them made? And by me doing so, what would I be proving? Last time I checked, I have no personal relationship with with either of them, nor do I have a vested interest in who these 2 choose to spend their time with. If they don't want to play together or like one another, oh well. It's a shame that has to be considering the chemistry that they once shared.  But I certainly don't have any sense of personal obligation to either one of them."

I bought and loved CD, saw the new band live and loved them (paid for 5 others to go even), am a big fan of Richard, Tommy and Brain....but as a guitarist Slash annihilates Robin, be it lead playing, riffs or even the ridiculous who looks cooler department brought up earlier.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:06:40 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2009, 12:49:40 AM »

"the chemistry that they once shared... " you have said it ... it?s past
not now ... Axl has been hurt by this man ...
just because axl has a special soul,  love and he is so sensitve  love

I think I'm going to puke.   drool  (that's puke, not drool, BTW)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2009, 01:09:54 AM »

So, the thread topic asks which guitar player do you like better: Robin or Slash. I comment Slash. Your troll ass decided to post "sucks" when responding to my post, and I'm the one who's trying to ruin something?  hihi

Get a clue.
hihi

Good one.  Also, I think you made a very good response, there, up above  (05:43:41 PM).  Let me tell you something though - get used to it around here, like it or not.  It's the way it is.  It's what makes things go 'round here.  I, for one, love Slash.  Prefer some of the earlier line ups. Actually like Velvet Revolver (ok, everybody just hold their breath and count to 10 before you respond  Grin).  Also am interested in the current line up and what's going on.  But, there's a lot of animosity in regard to that guitarist.  Just is. 

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2009, 08:46:17 AM »

/jarmo

So you honestly can tell me that a post that says "sucks" isn't trolling? Good to know the rules here!  beer

Metallica haven't released anything ground breaking for awhile , do they "suck"? No.
Aerosmith haven't done anything impressive since the 80's MAYBE , do they "suck?" No.
Insert any band haven't done anything since insert time , do they "suck"? No.
Slash , yup he sucks.

Guns N Roses went on an unsuccessful tour in 02 and didn't release an album until 2008 I hadn't been impressed in a LONG time, do they "suck?" No. Because last I check they where one hell of a band. Mind you any response to this would and should logically be applied to Slash....

It's an obvious bias when it something can be applied to anyone but Slash , when it comes down to him , he sucks. It's flawed logic. Of course I'm sure someone here will be more then delighted to explain how GNR not releasing an album in 10+ years and Axl pretty much not doing anything I could be impressed with is COMPLETELY different from Slash released some pretty good Snakepit Albums , One rockin VR record and one record with just fails. Either way , replying sucks to ANY artist on this board would be considered trolling. Well with the obvious exceptions....

pipi
Opening Act

« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2009, 09:45:06 AM »

Get a clue.
hihi

Good one.  Also, I think you made a very good response, there, up above  (05:43:41 PM).  Let me tell you something though - get used to it around here, like it or not.  It's the way it is.  It's what makes things go 'round here.  I, for one, love Slash.  Prefer some of the earlier line ups. Actually like Velvet Revolver (ok, everybody just hold their breath and count to 10 before you respond  Grin).  Also am interested in the current line up and what's going on.  But, there's a lot of animosity in regard to that guitarist.  Just is. 

you are in the wrong place !!!
 ok
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: