Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228121 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  ARE U BIPOLAR?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARE U BIPOLAR?  (Read 10853 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:37 PM »

I am almost 5 months pregnant dammit!!!  hihi

congrats bandita.

On topic I don't think I'm bipolar altho I might be some sort of maniac.

no trust me msaxl43 doesn't have a personality disorder.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:07:59 PM by ppbebe » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »

I dunno about bi-polar but garry is a bit bi-curious
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 12:11:09 PM »

what does bi-curious mean??

like bi-assed?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »

I am almost 5 months pregnant dammit!!!  hihi

congrats bandita.

no trust me msaxl43 doesn't have a personality disorder.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

Thanks ppbebe Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »

Can you be bipolar if your mood changes all the time? I mean, like 20 times a day?
I am what they call "Gemini" moody is my middle name, but do I think I am bipolar, that would be a no no

This would qualify more as a personality disorder, see Borderline Personality.  Not you, MsAxl but someone who did have that many severe mood changes in a short period.  For some reason Bipolar and this disorder are often confused.
Really, I think I made the wrong statement kind of Huh ( except for being Gemini) I can have a fast change of mood given a justified reason, that holds true for most, I do see where the two could be associated, yet easily confused, though I am sure I don't fall under either catagory thankfully Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2009, 12:59:34 PM »

I got all negative in that test although that doesn't mean a shit.  hihi

IMO personality disorders are more troublesome than bi polar or mental disorders.

for example anti social personality disorder might have been the root of all evil in human history.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2009, 01:08:55 PM »

maybe you shouldn't start expecting me to run to your rescue when posters make fun of you....

Fine, nothing new...getting used to it already but people are really missing the actual point.

"All men are pigs" hasn't gotten the same reactions. Sexist Bastards! Tongue

Oh, I myself am just a nazipigthatwannasterilizepeople, apart from that I'm normal.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2009, 01:20:45 PM »

come on norway don't try so hard to pretend you're a bad buy.

what's so wrong with pigs anyway? are you all Muslims in the closet???
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »

Sometimes I feel the urge to wrap a towel round my head, yes Embarrassed hihi

I dunno about bi-polar but garry is a bit bi-curious

Entirely understandable that a lot of men are curious considering what women have become...

Anyway, to Dot;
Always listen to the doctor and check with another if you disagree.

Medicine can have side-effects but consider carefully.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:16:07 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »

Can you be bipolar if your mood changes all the time? I mean, like 20 times a day?
I am what they call "Gemini" moody is my middle name, but do I think I am bipolar, that would be a no no

This would qualify more as a personality disorder, see Borderline Personality.  Not you, MsAxl but someone who did have that many severe mood changes in a short period.  For some reason Bipolar and this disorder are often confused.
Really, I think I made the wrong statement kind of Huh ( except for being Gemini) I can have a fast change of mood given a justified reason, that holds true for most, I do see where the two could be associated, yet easily confused, though I am sure I don't fall under either catagory thankfully Smiley

Oh no, I wasn't implying you were---being that I met you and all you seem completely normal and lovely!  I was just stating that swinging moods can be indicitive of BPD but it also has to be in conjunction with other factors.

@ppbebe-thank you!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2009, 10:12:54 PM »

Oh no, I wasn't implying you were---being that I met you and all you seem completely normal and lovely!  I was just stating that swinging moods can be indicitive of BPD but it also has to be in conjunction with other factors.

@ppbebe-thank you!
It's all good Bandita, thanks for the above compliment as well, I didn't take it as if you were implying otherwise ok 

cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2009, 08:39:59 PM »

I just brought it up because, if you think about it, it is indeed a very annoying thing to suffer from but it has an interesting side: art. There?s TONS of celebrities, poets, musicians, film directors, etc... that suffer from it. So it is linked directly with creativity.
As for the treatment, I understand that convetional medicine can be not so good..I?ve seen people taking medicine for this kind of disorders and they, sometimes, appear lost and zoned out.

I read in TIME magazine many years ago that all highly creative people have some degree of Bipolar disorder. You need the intense mood swings in order to create. There are degrees though. If you can function in society, have a job etc than you probably don't need meds. The BACH FLOWER REMEDIES are a nice homeopathic treatment. They make me feel better.

Yeah, mad props for Rescue Remedy.  It helped me a lot while I was at school and stressing out before classes an' stuff.

I s'pose I should get some more, now I'm not self-medicating with pot...

do you even know where the fuck I am?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2009, 08:44:38 PM »

There are many cases of people with severe mental illness who were very creative and smart, if not genius. 
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »

I think I remember there being a quote somethin' like 'there's a fine line between genius and insanity'....

western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »

I think I remember there being a quote somethin' like 'there's a fine line between genius and insanity'....

Yes indeed.

My first relationship was with a bi-polar person. Kind of interesting.
But, as long as he took his medication, he was fine.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2009, 06:57:32 AM »

I have cyclothemia and am on citalopram which is mean to take the edge off, although recently I have been starting to think it isnt working as I have been doing my old spending money, going hyper then snapping at peopl routine.

Think its just something I eitehr accept and live with or try to medicate more, its fun when im hyper but not so great when my bank statements arrive, also not fun for the people around me when im down.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »

It's a very sad thing to have - I know a woman who has it.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »

I'm a Gemini too... sometimes annoying, sometimes brilliant  hihi.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »

what does bi-curious mean??

like bi-assed?

Exactly, it means the guy can't decide whether he wants a shaved ass or a hairy ass. 
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »

I have cyclothemia and am on citalopram which is mean to take the edge off, although recently I have been starting to think it isnt working as I have been doing my old spending money, going hyper then snapping at peopl routine.

Think its just something I eitehr accept and live with or try to medicate more, its fun when im hyper but not so great when my bank statements arrive, also not fun for the people around me when im down.

citalopram sucks dick! It turned me into a goddamned zombie and didn't fix my mood swings at all either~!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: