Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should Axl start this tour off by singing WTTJ or CHINESE DEMOCRACY?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Axl start this tour off by singing WTTJ or CHINESE DEMOCRACY?  (Read 17187 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 03:17:08 AM »

jungle...we need huge emotions on the begining
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 03:24:11 AM »

Id love to see more emphasis on the CD stuff to be honest and maybe throw in a few new UYI songs and lose KOHD and LALD

CD would be a great opener in concert I think.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 04:04:21 AM »

D, They did used to open with Nightrain years ago.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2009, 07:50:12 AM »

D, They did used to open with Nightrain years ago.

Yeah during the Illusion Tour.

As of the new Guns Era they've been doing WTTJ. It's a great opener that just gets everyone out of their seats and kicks everyone's asses.

As much as I love it and get a thrill out the first notes... and hopefully still done by Robin... I would have to go with ChiDem, it makes sense and it's the official start of something new.

Either way I don't care... they could kick off the show with If the World... as long as they are on the fucking stage right??

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »

I like a lot the start with WTTJ, more than Nightrain, but now, I would like to start with Chinese Democracy, I want something new to open the concert.

maria
Opening Act

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »

Chinese Democracy!!!
GNRFAN20
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »

Chinese Democracy
Shacklers Revenge
Better

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2009, 10:31:10 AM »

Shacklers Revenge would be a good opener. Or how bout It's So Easy or Nightrain? Jungle is a great opener, But i'd like to see it later on the set. So axl can talk about it and ask everyone if they know where they are. lol

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
whenUgotItUgotIt
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2009, 12:14:07 PM »

OH definitely WTTJ!....dont get me wrong...CD is a great great song and I would want to hear it for sure, but there is just something about WTTJ...when you hear those first notes it almost like your heart starts beating in time with the music...the adrenaline starts pulsing through the body...sweat breaks out across your forehead...your legs start bouncing up and down, and next thing you know...you are ROCKING!!...and it never lets up from there!
AC
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »

I'd like to see both. Mix it up a bit. Maybe even a third song in there as an option (like Night Train) or something else that we haven't heard as an opener before to surprise fans. I like it when bands (i.e., Pearl Jam) change it up so if you see multiple shows on a tour you could possibly get something different.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »

Mine thing is, U can throw Jungle in at any time in the set and get that huge response.

CD would really benefit greatly from being the opener and having the intro video and the entire song intro and it does well at building anticipation.

Lights go off, A CD video starts, u got the Chinese talking stuff and the intro

they then do the intro guitar riff a few times pausing in between for the crowd to roar

and then Axl pops up out of nowhere and starts with the vocal

CD I always felt was best serves as an OPENER.  so I think either open with it, or let it be the first encore song but that song really gets elevated being the opener with all the extra hoopla.

I think CD also would very smoothly transition into its so easy

Imagine GNR playing the final song of the setlist, close the first set with Nightrain......... GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

bands leaves stage

crowd chanting Guns n roses, guns n roses...................

Then u hear the WTTJ intro to kick off the encore

Jungle into There was A Time followed last but not least by PC

Cmon now, thats a threesome anyone would love to have

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

] lose KOHD and LALD

You know, before I saw this last tour, I would have agreed with you on LALD, but seeing it live, with those AWESOME, AWESOME pyros, I changed my tune real quick. It was one of the better songs at the show, all things considered. And I just don't think you can ditch KOHD, especially if they do start to sell a bunch of tickets in stadiums!!! Can you imagine being part of 30-60 thousand people singing along with Axl on that tune! Whew!
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 01:33:51 PM »

Chinese Democracy.

WTTJ in the middle of the concert to make thje crowd go crazy for the second time.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 02:54:20 PM »

Chinese Democracy and then move into WTTJ

EEEERRRR Little boy
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »

Chinese Democracy

I always though that WTTJ was such a classic n' a big moment in the gig for being the first song. I loved RNDTH, Perfect Crime o Nightrain as openers ... Althought think that must be early in the set... maybe as fourth song.

CD
Shackler's Revenge (just like in the album)
Mr. Brownstone (a little stop)
WTTJ
heelaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2009, 03:06:27 PM »

Welcome to the jungle !!!
Just because of the intro...
and than the fireworks...bam...
saw it 2 times and it was an amazing start of the show... ok

Greetings from Belgium
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2009, 06:06:51 PM »

It's funny. I was just thinking about this exact same thing a little while ago.

Both songs make for a perfect opener. What makes "WTTJ" so cool is hearing those opening guitar chords and then Axl's voice cutting through: "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!!?!?!? YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE, BABY!!! TIME TO DIEEEEEEEEEE!!!" That's one of the coolest fucking things ever.

However, "Chinese Democracy" would also be a great opening track. I mean, it's the "WTTJ" of the new album anyway. It has that slow build-up; you hear the Chinese voices and the sounds in the background; that thumping sound like bombs going off; then that kick-ass guitar starts, along with Axl's patented scream. Man, I still get goosebumps when I hear it. IMO, that intro MAKES the song (that's why I was so pissed off when radio stations would leave it out), and I think it'd be cool as hell to have that as the opening song at a concert.

"WTTJ" is the old GNR. "Chinese Democracy" is the start of a new era. Might as well kick off the new shows with it. "WTTJ" will still be played somewhere in the set, and Axl can still do the same old "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE" line.

I agree that "WTTJ" would work great as the first song of the encore. Have "WTTJ" start it, "PC" end it, and throw in a Chinese Democracy track in the middle. Man, how fucking amazing would that be?

Here Today . . .
Annie
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »

It's funny. I was just thinking about this exact same thing a little while ago.

Both songs make for a perfect opener. What makes "WTTJ" so cool is hearing those opening guitar chords and then Axl's voice cutting through: "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!!?!?!? YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE, BABY!!! TIME TO DIEEEEEEEEEE!!!" That's one of the coolest fucking things ever.

However, "Chinese Democracy" would also be a great opening track. I mean, it's the "WTTJ" of the new album anyway. It has that slow build-up; you hear the Chinese voices and the sounds in the background; that thumping sound like bombs going off; then that kick-ass guitar starts, along with Axl's patented scream. Man, I still get goosebumps when I hear it. IMO, that intro MAKES the song (that's why I was so pissed off when radio stations would leave it out), and I think it'd be cool as hell to have that as the opening song at a concert.

"WTTJ" is the old GNR. "Chinese Democracy" is the start of a new era. Might as well kick off the new shows with it. "WTTJ" will still be played somewhere in the set, and Axl can still do the same old "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE" line.

I agree that "WTTJ" would work great as the first song of the encore. Have "WTTJ" start it, "PC" end it, and throw in a Chinese Democracy track in the middle. Man, how fucking amazing would that be?
Great post. Thankyou to everyone for sharing their opinions. beer
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »

welcome to the jungle because it just won #1 spot.on the vh1 show best hard rock song.yay i seen it this weekend on vh1.

the one an only horsey !
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2009, 08:51:27 PM »

I think it should start with a 'We Love Horsey' chant....

...but seriously I think Chinese Democracy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: