Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should Axl start this tour off by singing WTTJ or CHINESE DEMOCRACY?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Axl start this tour off by singing WTTJ or CHINESE DEMOCRACY?  (Read 17197 times)
Annie
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:18:08 PM »

One of my favorite things about all the GNR concerts I have seen since 2001 is the very beginning. It's late, after MN. There is a small part of you that wonders if he is really  going to show up. You start to wonder, Is there going to be a riot, and Am I going to die? Then you hear the first strains of music and Uncle Axl belts out, " DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE F*** YOU ARE?" and all is right with the world. Should he continue starting with WTTJ or should he start with CHINESE DEMOCRACY to usher in a new era. I am undecided at this time.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:19:21 PM »

As much as I love Chinese Democracy, I also love tradition. Gotta stick with Jungle. I did think CD was the perfect first encore though.

Axl is God.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »

Well I've never thought i was going to die at a gnr concert maybe wondered if they were gonna show but never feared for my life. But i'd rather him open up different everynight. that's what was cool about past tours uyl was a different setup everynight. I don't like planned setlists.
Annie
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »

Well I've never thought i was going to die at a gnr concert maybe wondered if they were gonna show but never feared for my life. But i'd rather him open up different everynight. that's what was cool about past tours uyl was a different setup everynight. I don't like planned setlists.
That's because you are not a tiny blonde. Don't get me wrong, it's part of the thrill. hihi
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:23:54 PM by Annie » Logged
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 03:22:09 PM »

chi. dem.

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 03:24:41 PM »

altho I'd love to hear cd opening the show, I'd rather see the band decide between the two according to the mood.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »

Since the moment I heard the new CD intro on the first night at Hammerstein I've thought it should be the show opener.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
wadey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »

i remember at wembley 91 they opened with perfect crime and played jungle 4th........

i think jungle is now the trademark Guns opener and it should stay that way....

the tension in the crowd when everyone is waiting and then the first few chords blast through the amps and the whole crowd erupts headbanger

im open to change and try something different but i dont think it would be same.......maybe they can try democracy out this year and then decide  smoking

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
suicide
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »

altho I'd love to hear cd opening the show, I'd rather see the band decide between the two according to the mood.
I agree, they're both good songs to start the show. Some changes in the setlist during the tour sure wouldn't hurt.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 03:56:26 PM »

I really wish they'd start with ChiDem but I somehow highly doubt they will...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »

Riad!! headbanger

But if it's betwen WTTJ and CD, I think WTTJ would be the better opener. Though CD is a cool song and would make a good opener but I think it would sound fine in the middle of the setlist. Or as a first encore as has been mentioned.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »

ChinDem. new era, new setlist.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

Personally I can't wait to hear the Chinese gong rend the darkness.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 04:09:04 PM »

Why would they have to start the same way every night? I think you could alternate the two throughout the tour.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »

As much as I love Chinese Democracy, I also love tradition. Gotta stick with Jungle. I did think CD was the perfect first encore though.

My thoughts exactly

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 04:17:47 PM »

One of my favorite things about all the GNR concerts I have seen since 2001 is the very beginning. It's late, after MN. There is a small part of you that wonders if he is really  going to show up. You start to wonder, Is there going to be a riot, and Am I going to die? Then you hear the first strains of music and Uncle Axl belts out, " DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE F*** YOU ARE?" and all is right with the world.

This is exactly...exactly what is cool about opening with WTTJ. I remember in 2006, waiting...waiting...waiting. Doubt starts to creep into my mind, then the lights go down and the Exorcist theme is playing...those spotlights are shooting around the arena then those first few notes teased me for what felt like 15 years, I heard Axl belt out the "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE?!!!!"
My adrenaline started pumping so hard, I really thought I was going to pass out...really. I can't think of many moments that were better than that for me. Democracy is a cool song, but the way they work with jungle, I think it's gotta stay the opener.
torzt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 04:26:02 PM »

Isnt her a "opnening act" tread already??

Im fucking innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »

Isnt her a "opnening act" tread already??

This isnt about an opening act.

Don't be rude.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 04:55:48 PM »

I would like them to alternate between the two...I'd appreciate the unpredictablility of not knowing which one they'd start with.  Of course whichever one they decide NOT to start with they can always do at the beginning of the encore.  Kind of the best of both worlds I suppose.   Grin

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »

don't you mean Should GNR start this tour off by Playing WTTJ or CD?  Wink

I'd probably want to hear the do you know where the fuck you are scream as the first thing i hear.. CD can start off the encore
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: