Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:36:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 191390 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #640 on: January 17, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »

Chargers are in trouble.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #641 on: January 17, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »

Lets go J-E-T-S! Bye bye San Diego!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #642 on: January 17, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »

Vikings for the Superbowl..Favre is looking majorly impressive and determined

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #643 on: January 17, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »

It looks like Wade Phillips will be back. Jerry Jones just proved himself to be a bigger idiot then even i thought possible.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #644 on: January 17, 2010, 10:51:11 PM »

Brett Favre!

Fuck yeah!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #645 on: January 17, 2010, 11:26:53 PM »

Can't believe the Chargers lost.  Big D on the other hand...looked like the Big D of playoffs past.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2010, 11:32:36 PM »

Can't believe the Chargers lost.  Big D on the other hand...looked like the Big D of playoffs past.

Why not?  That's what they do in the playoffs, they fold up like umbrellas.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #647 on: January 17, 2010, 11:43:34 PM »

Why? The Jets are no pushover and proved that today.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #648 on: January 18, 2010, 12:57:16 AM »

I know...I just expected them to fold at least one round later. 

Dallas, Baltimore, and Arizona (at least on offense) looked pretty good last week, too.  This isn't a knock on the Jets, but if Kaeding is even a mediocre 2/3 on field goals this is a different game. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #649 on: January 18, 2010, 01:07:37 AM »

I know...I just expected them to fold at least one round later. 

Dallas, Baltimore, and Arizona (at least on offense) looked pretty good last week, too.  This isn't a knock on the Jets, but if Kaeding is even a mediocre 2/3 on field goals this is a different game. 

True, that's why you gotta make plays. You don't make them you don't win. The Chargers didn't make plays when they had to most the Jets did that's all she wrote. You can't miss 3 FG's, go 3 for 15 on third down have two turnovers and have the utter boneheaded penalties they did and win. They let their emotions get the better of them today and it cost them. I lost count on how many personal fouls there were against the Chargers. There was quite a few of them. When Rex Ryan said they should be favored to win the super bowl everyone was laughing. I don't see anyone laughing anymore.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:11:42 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #650 on: January 18, 2010, 01:15:28 AM »

The Chargers didn't capitalize in the first half.  The Jets offense is anorexic, but their defense buckles down and doesn't allow the offense to light up the scoreboard.

Until Rivers learns how to crack a smile, he can't lead a team to success.  Drew Brees doesn't look so bad now, does he?

I fully expect the Saints to carve up the Vikings.  They beat the Cardinals, a team that embarrassed Minnesota last month.

NO>AZ>MN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #651 on: January 18, 2010, 01:28:26 AM »

The Chargers didn't capitalize in the first half.  The Jets offense is anorexic, but their defense buckles down and doesn't allow the offense to light up the scoreboard.

Until Rivers learns how to crack a smile, he can't lead a team to success.  Drew Brees doesn't look so bad now, does he?

I fully expect the Saints to carve up the Vikings.  They beat the Cardinals, a team that embarrassed Minnesota last month.

NO>AZ>MN

Yeah its really conservative cause of the young kid. Once he matures though watch out. They already have the best rushing so once they can feel comfortable letting Sanchez throw the ball more that offense should be scary. Sanchez will learn. Its just a matter of how fast. The defense already is. Its the best in the league and you know what they say, defense wins championships.

I don't think you can really put it all on Rivers. His teammates didn't do him any favors today with their sloppy undisciplined play.

I'm not so sure i agree there. The Vikings looked good today. I'm hoping for a good competitive NFC title game.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #652 on: January 18, 2010, 08:29:39 AM »

I think it's going to be a very tough game for the Vikings, but the Saints have shown they have many weaknesses and are vulnerable. They always have the potential and history of not showing up.

I just can't believe that the N.Y. Jets are this good.  no

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #653 on: January 18, 2010, 08:41:06 AM »

Pretty much the worst case scenario for me as a Patriot fan for the AFC Championship game.  The 2 teams I hat the most, Colts vs. Jets.  I don't know who I'll be pulling for.  I think I'm actually leaning towards the Colts.  Heaven help us if the Jets win, we'll have to listen to Rex Ryan's pearls of wisdom and crowing "I told you so" for an entire year.  The Jets defense is awesome, plain and simple.  As is their offensive line and running game.  Their passing game is quite pedestrian, but it doesn't have to be anything special as long as they keep games close.  And I thought the Jets would have a chance against the Colts in a re-match, only I thought it would've taken place in the divisional round and not the Championship game before the Patriots laid an egg and screwed that up.  I know a lot of talk is going to center around how the Colts let the Jets beat them.  While that may be true, it doesn't mean they can't beat them if the Colts go all out.  The Jets ARE better than the Ravens, in pretty much all phases of the game.  So I'd expect a more competitive game.

Obviously with my worst case scenario in the AFC, I'm now pulling for the NFC.  And I'm pulling hard for the Saints.  I'm just not a huge Brett Favre fan.  I respect the guy, and he has impressed me a lot this year.  I just hate the ridiculous media attention that surrounds him.  I don't think I could take it, the 2 weeks leading to the Super Bowl.  Vikings defense played great yesterday, but they were at home.  It should be different playing at the Superdome.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #654 on: January 18, 2010, 09:51:25 AM »

i went 2-2 last week, although my eagles pick was made with my heart, not my head.

this week i'll say Cards, Colts, Cowboys, Jets.

i think the first 3 are the better teams IMO. the jets i just have a hunch. they are a dangerous team and i can see SD struggling a bit.

that's 3 underdogs i picked to win outright. not sure i would lay the points with the Colts. Ravens have lost a few really close games to them in recent years.

I feel the Colts just really have something to prove. Remember that Super Bowl year when they were horrible against the run and every body in the media talked how they would lose cause they couldn't stop the run?

Then in the playoffs, they turned into the 85 Bears and noone could do shit on their D?

I think They have a lot to prove and will come out and batter the Ravens..... they build a two TD lead which takes away the Balt running game.. Colts go on 24-10 win

Cowboys 24-20
Jets 17-13
Arizona 31-23

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #655 on: January 18, 2010, 10:03:22 AM »

Yayayayay Go Jets!!!  Anyhow was 4 for 4 this week on picks!!! 6 for 8 total now in the playoffs.  Time for next weeks:

Jets over Colts (J E T S all the way baby, we're doing it!)

Saints over Vikings (I don't think the Vikings can do it, but this is gonna be one hell of a game)

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #656 on: January 18, 2010, 10:59:20 AM »

The N.Y. Jets got really lucky. Three missed field goals on the day for Nate Kaeding and you could tell that San Diego was already focused on next weeks game with Indianapolis. This is why I just can't believe the Jets are that good.

D, good call on the final score, 17-13.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #657 on: January 18, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »

Yeah but was horrible picking other games. 2 and 2 yesterday of course Dallas was my homer pick

I bet the NFL are creaming themselves with the prospects of an Indy vs Minnesota  Manning vs Favre superbowl

Cause if we get INdy vs NO we are going to hear enough Peyton vs his dad's old team to make us puke.

WOW, how about a Jets vs Vikings Superbowl

Jets revenge on Favre!

some good storylines for sure.

only matchup that would suck is Jets vs Saints so I may go ahead and pencil that in! hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #658 on: January 18, 2010, 12:29:38 PM »

Well, I obviously have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. I went 1-3 this week. The only game I picked right was the Colts, and that was the one I was least sure of. I thought the Cowboys would dominate the Vikings. Instead it was the other way around. I'm not really surprised that the Cardinals lost, even though I picked them to win--- I'm just surprised they lost by as much as they did. I figured that would be a back-and-forth game. And the Chargers I thought would win just by taking the field. Apparently the Chargers thought the same.

I really hope the Jets don't make the Superbowl, just because I hate watching them play. Colts-Vikings or Colts-Saints would be entertaining.

So far this year the playoffs have really sucked. The only really good game was the Cards-Packers. Nearly every other game has been a blowout.

Here Today . . .
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #659 on: January 18, 2010, 01:44:29 PM »

Faldor dude, I can't believe you would ditch your conference.  That's bad, dude.  Even I rooted for the Giants to win the Super Bowl after they knocked out the Packers 2 years ago. 

NO>AZ>MN

Yeah its really conservative cause of the young kid. Once he matures though watch out. They already have the best rushing so once they can feel comfortable letting Sanchez throw the ball more that offense should be scary. Sanchez will learn. Its just a matter of how fast. The defense already is. Its the best in the league and you know what they say, defense wins championships.

I don't think you can really put it all on Rivers. His teammates didn't do him any favors today with their sloppy undisciplined play.

I'm not so sure i agree there. The Vikings looked good today. I'm hoping for a good competitive NFC title game.

There is no reason for me to believe Sanchez will be a failure.  They shove down SC games here down everyone's throat, I've seen the kid play.  He had such a horrible first half, but as the game progressed in the second half, he was hitting his stride and getting into a steady rhythm.  With that defense, he doesn't even have to be all that good.

Trent Dilfer, anyone?

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: