Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 202519 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »

How about the Jets spanking the pats!

They won by seven... scored 1 TD and 3 FG's. I'd hardly call it a spanking. They were able to slow an already slow starting Offense. I can't wait to see what the November rematch in Foxboro looks like.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »

They won by seven... scored 1 TD and 3 FG's. I'd hardly call it a spanking. They were able to slow an already slow starting Offense. I can't wait to see what the November rematch in Foxboro looks like.
Yeah I wouldn't call it a spanking, BUT they did a LOT of talking this week and they backed it up today.  The Pats were unable to get in the endzone in the first half and had to settle for 3 FG's.  That was utimately the difference as the second half the offense was completely unable to muster up anything against an impressive Jets defense.  Brady looked tentative and uncomfortable in the second half.  Moss was a non factor, Welker was out but Edelman did his best to replace him.  Galloway played better but had a damaging drop on an easy pass during the final drive. 

This game was just further proof that the Patriots have a LONG way to go.  Yet another game where the "big play" was taken away from them.  They took one shot downfield and were intercepted.  They were once again forced to run their offense underneath and Brady was just under too much pressure all day.  And on the contrary, while the Pats defense played decently they gave Sanchez (credit to the Jets O-line too) all the time in the world to complete passes and keep drives going.  They need to get a somewhat consistent pass rush somehow, someway. 

Let's not forget the Jets got off to a hot start last season and were supposedly the class of the division, yet they failed to make the playoffs.  It's a long season.  Nothing is won in week 2.  But I have to admit the Jets looked like the team with Super Bowl aspirations today, not the Patriots.  The defense was fantastic and Sanchez was impressive, with lots of help from his offensive line.  We'll see if they can sustain that, but right now they look a lot like last years Ravens team.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »

Yeah I wouldn't call it a spanking, BUT they did a LOT of talking this week and they backed it up today.  The Pats were unable to get in the endzone in the first half and had to settle for 3 FG's.  That was utimately the difference as the second half the offense was completely unable to muster up anything against an impressive Jets defense.  Brady looked tentative and uncomfortable in the second half.  Moss was a non factor, Welker was out but Edelman did his best to replace him.  Galloway played better but had a damaging drop on an easy pass during the final drive. 

This game was just further proof that the Patriots have a LONG way to go.  Yet another game where the "big play" was taken away from them.  They took one shot downfield and were intercepted.  They were once again forced to run their offense underneath and Brady was just under too much pressure all day.  And on the contrary, while the Pats defense played decently they gave Sanchez (credit to the Jets O-line too) all the time in the world to complete passes and keep drives going.  They need to get a somewhat consistent pass rush somehow, someway. 

Let's not forget the Jets got off to a hot start last season and were supposedly the class of the division, yet they failed to make the playoffs.  It's a long season.  Nothing is won in week 2.  But I have to admit the Jets looked like the team with Super Bowl aspirations today, not the Patriots.  The defense was fantastic and Sanchez was impressive, with lots of help from his offensive line.  We'll see if they can sustain that, but right now they look a lot like last years Ravens team.

That defense definitely looks very good and like it could win them some games. I'm very impressed with Sanchez so far. He made no rookie mistakes today. Like that one play where he got sacked, he was looking to throw it in the middle of the field thought better of it and took the sack. A lot of rookie QBs would have made that mistake. That's true but last year we had a 38 yr old injured Brett Farve.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »

Brett Favre!

FUCK YEAH!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2009, 12:10:57 AM »

That was one of the strangest games I've ever seen.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2009, 12:18:07 AM »

Somehow I completely forgot it was Monday and I saw none of the game.  That's gotta be the first time that's happened in 20 years or so.  I guess that's what happens when your team gets beat soundly on Sunday.  You wanna forget about this week and look forward to next.  Plus, my fantasy teams didn't have much riding on the game tonight.  The results were pretty much locked up.  Actually I better check just to make sure I held on in my one league.  I was up 50 points or so and my opponent had Manning and Wayne.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2009, 09:37:55 AM »

Somehow I completely forgot it was Monday and I saw none of the game.  That's gotta be the first time that's happened in 20 years or so.  I guess that's what happens when your team gets beat soundly on Sunday.  You wanna forget about this week and look forward to next.  Plus, my fantasy teams didn't have much riding on the game tonight.  The results were pretty much locked up.  Actually I better check just to make sure I held on in my one league.  I was up 50 points or so and my opponent had Manning and Wayne.

Manning was 300+ w/ 2 TD throws.

Wayne didn't score.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2009, 12:03:17 PM »

Manning was 300+ w/ 2 TD throws.

Wayne didn't score.
Yeah I pulled it out, I had seen Manning's numbers, I was just hoping Wayne didn't have a huge game to go along with him.  Thankfully he didn't.  I saw the highlights and it certainly seemed like a strange game.  Miami pretty much did everything you need to do to beat the Colts and pretty much dominated them on offense.  Unfortunately they gave up some HUGE plays on defense, which can happen quite often with Manning on the field.  But a 45 to 15 minute advantage in time of possession, and you lose?  You rush for 239 yards and you lose?  That's insane.  Good win for the Colts.  Miami is not an easy place to win in September with the heat down there.  I always thought that was a bunch of nonsense until I went there to watch the Patriots play in October 2002.  It was SO HOT, it was ridiculous.  I went to the coldest game in Gillette Stadium history, the AFC division playoff game against the Titans in 2003 when it was 2 degrees at kickoff, and that was a more comfortable experience.  Anyhow, the Pats, and most other teams, always have trouble in that Miami heat.  Crushing loss for the Dolphins too.  How do you lose a game like that?

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2009, 04:20:48 PM »

Good to see the Eagles go down! With McNugget hurt, I'm counting on a few more loses to sink their season early.

Green Bay should be embarrassed they got beat by the Bengals.

How's Tampa Bay enjoying their new coach?  rofl

And finally, Plaxy starts his two year prison term today! Cheers all around!  beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #369 on: September 25, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »

Boston had the curse of the bambino

GB will have a Bret Favre curse.

The talent they have... no way they should be this shitty

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #370 on: September 25, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »

I started one of those fun Survival Leagues if anyone wants to participate

Yahoo ID: 27911
PW: getpwnt

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2009, 07:50:44 PM »

Axl4Prez's Locks of the Week are 3-3 through the first 2 weeks.
I'm feeling great about Week 3!

Titans +2
Dolphins +6
Redskins -6

Hey Drew, Cincy, if it wasn't for that fluke play at the end against Denver, would be 2-0. 
Everybody predicted the Bucs going 4-12 at best.
Plax is in jail.  That's exactly where his dumb ass belongs.

My Vikes will have a real game this week.  Brownies and Lions to go 2-0 doesn't have me overconfident.  The niners under Singletary are for real.  If Crabtree wasn't a fucking idiot, they'd be reeeally good.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »

redskins are losing tomorrow stone cold lock

portis is ailing and campbell sucks

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2009, 09:27:29 PM »

redskins are losing tomorrow stone cold lock

portis is ailing and campbell sucks

The only reason I'm taking the 'skins is that I think they suck less.  They actually have a very good defense...the Lions just suck, period. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2009, 01:34:14 AM »

My Vikes will have a real game this week.  Brownies and Lions to go 2-0 doesn't have me overconfident.  The niners under Singletary are for real.  If Crabtree wasn't a fucking idiot, they'd be reeeally good.

I'm glad someone realizes that the Niners are for real this season, but it's gonna be a really good game either way.  ok

2012 is like Christmas!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #375 on: September 27, 2009, 12:11:50 PM »

Does anyone know if the NFL has changed, in recent years, the way they decide what games you'll see?  Other than my hometown Colts, I feel like I'm seeing Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Chicago every week. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #376 on: September 27, 2009, 12:16:12 PM »

i always get regional coverage. so its always the titans or falcons

i now get the nFl sunday ticket so i can watch whatever.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #377 on: September 27, 2009, 12:50:08 PM »

Does anyone know if the NFL has changed, in recent years, the way they decide what games you'll see?  Other than my hometown Colts, I feel like I'm seeing Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and Chicago every week. 

Are the Colts selling games out?

Sunday Ticket would destroy me!  I would get even less done around the house than I already do!  Smiley

btw, today will be tough seeing every single play.  Tiger is 2 off the lead after Perry shot a 64 yesterday...$10 million is up for grabs and Tiger secures it with no worse than a 2nd place finish I do believe.  The best part is the money doesn't even matter to him...just fucking win.  I love it!   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!