Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 202544 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »

It's obvious that God is a Patriots fan. That's the only explanation for the countless lucky breaks that team has had over the last several years.
You could say that.  Or it could be that good teams take advantage of the breaks that come their way and the bad teams let games slip away.  See Cincinatti, Buffalo, and Oakland from week 1.  Although Denver isn't supposed to be a good team THIS year, but Cincy is still Cincy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »

It's obvious that God is a Patriots fan. That's the only explanation for the countless lucky breaks that team has had over the last several years.
You could say that.  Or it could be that good teams take advantage of the breaks that come their way and the bad teams let games slip away.  See Cincinatti, Buffalo, and Oakland from week 1.  Although Denver isn't supposed to be a good team THIS year, but Cincy is still Cincy.

there were no lucky breaks in that bills game. the pats stripped the ball on the kickoff. something that was obvious they would be trying. that was poor coaching and poor execution by the bills, and great aggressive play by the Pats. the pats are clearly the better team and made bigger plays. nothing lucky there.

but a large portion of pats fans are pathetic. how do you boo brady and the offense while trying to comeback down 2 scores??? he's only one of the greatest QBs of all-time, who has orchestrated countless comebacks, who has delivered 3 SB wins and a perfect regular season. yeah, "he doesn't know what he's doing....let's boo him!"  Roll Eyes

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2009, 01:22:24 PM »

I love listening to the the talk about the Pats Defense...
The gave up less than 300 yards on Defense... less than 100 rushing and less than 200 passing.
The Defense was 'responsible' for 17 points... 10 of those points came after 2 very questionable personal fouls that extended stalled drives. Those 10 points were the only points Buffalo scored in the 2nd half.

For everyone that pisses and moans about the 'gift' fumble that Buffalo gave them that led to the win... I give you the 2 'gift' roughing the passer calls that the Ref's gave Buffalo allowing them to stay in the game.

Brady shook the rust off in that last quarter... let's see what the Jets can do to slow the offense if Brady's 4th quarter timing carries into this Sunday.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:25:33 PM by C0ma » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2009, 07:01:38 PM »

there were no lucky breaks in that bills game. the pats stripped the ball on the kickoff. something that was obvious they would be trying. that was poor coaching and poor execution by the bills, and great aggressive play by the Pats. the pats are clearly the better team and made bigger plays. nothing lucky there.

but a large portion of pats fans are pathetic. how do you boo brady and the offense while trying to comeback down 2 scores??? he's only one of the greatest QBs of all-time, who has orchestrated countless comebacks, who has delivered 3 SB wins and a perfect regular season. yeah, "he doesn't know what he's doing....let's boo him!"  Roll Eyes
I was at the game and didn't notice the crowd booing Brady and the offense.  There was definitely some restlessness and maybe a few moans and groans, but I wouldn't say there were any boos cast in Brady's direction.  The Pats may have some pathetic fans, all organizations do, but they're not THAT unreasonable. 

I think most Pats fans, me included, foolishly expected them to pick up right where they left off in 2007, at least against the lesser teams like the Bills.  It's just not something you can turn off and on with the flick of a switch.  They were rusty early on but got in synch as the game wore on.  I'm sure that will continue through the early portion of the season.  Plus, you have to remember that the league sort of caught on to the Patriot record setting offense late in the 2007 season.  They weren't beating teams 52-7 anymore.  Teams like the Eagles, Ravens, Giants (in the regular season), Chargers, and Jaguars were able to stay with them.  That's why the fact they ran off 18 straight wins was so remarkable and may never happen again.  It not only takes a great team, but it takes a lot of luck and consistency. 

Anyway, back to THIS years team.  I agree, the defense played better than I expected.  Especially the secondary.  I was quite impressed the way they held TO and Evans in check.  However, with Mayo now out for an extended period their weak LB corps. becomes even weaker.  2nd year LB Gary Guyton and veteran Eric Alexander will try to fill in for the time being, but that's a huge step down.  Guyton got beat repeatedly by Fred Jackson on Monday night out of the backfield.  He's got to get used to the game speed or teams won't bother to try and throw downfield if they can gain a bunch of yards on dumpoff passes.  And that one roughing the passer call on Wilfork was a terrible call, but the one on Thomas was legit.  He threw down Edwards excessively, that deserved a flag.  Wilfork, they overreacted on, and it was a huge call at the time.

Should be a competetive and exciting game against the Jets on Sunday.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #344 on: September 16, 2009, 08:40:58 PM »

I'll never boo my own team.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #345 on: September 16, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »

"YOU LIE!"   rant

hihi

The minute Peyton tears an acl, and Sorgi's out there slingin' int's a-la Kevin Kolb, oh yeah, you'll be booin'!!!   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #346 on: September 16, 2009, 09:36:33 PM »

Damn!  The truth hurts. hehe : )

2012 is like Christmas!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »

I think God is a David Tyree fan

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #348 on: September 16, 2009, 11:50:18 PM »

God is a college football fan!   well I mean just think about.

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #349 on: September 16, 2009, 11:54:15 PM »

I think God is a David Tyree fan
Nice one.  Yeah if God is such a Patriot fan, what was up with that game?  Let the Pats go 18-0 just to break all our hearts.  There you have it.  The God must be a Patriot fan theory is debunked.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #350 on: September 17, 2009, 07:28:33 AM »

I was at the game and didn't notice the crowd booing Brady and the offense.  There was definitely some restlessness and maybe a few moans and groans, but I wouldn't say there were any boos cast in Brady's direction.  The Pats may have some pathetic fans, all organizations do, but they're not THAT unreasonable. 

there were boos. very loud. very clear. anyone that watched on TV certainly heard it. maybe you weren't in your seat? it was when they thought the Pats were taking too long to get their plays off. it happened after each of the 3 or 4 plays before the first TD.

those fans, plus all the fans that left early, are pathetic. and they all have egg on their faces after Brady showed 1) never count him out; 2) he knows a little bit more about the game that the fans think they do.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #351 on: September 17, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »

there were boos. very loud. very clear. anyone that watched on TV certainly heard it. maybe you weren't in your seat? it was when they thought the Pats were taking too long to get their plays off. it happened after each of the 3 or 4 plays before the first TD.

those fans, plus all the fans that left early, are pathetic. and they all have egg on their faces after Brady showed 1) never count him out; 2) he knows a little bit more about the game that the fans think they do.

I started watching the replay last night, I'll finish it up today to see what you're talking about.  Is it possible you heard fans booing other fans for leaving early?  Because that was definitely happening.  As I stated before, I had to excuse myself to the restroom when throngs of people were leaving.  I almost felt like I had to defend myself and assure people that I was coming back but I didn't have the time to waste.  Luckily I didn't miss anything.  I'll agree with you though, some fans do leave the games way too early.  We're always there till the bitter end.  I've left one game early in my lifetime and that was a 52-7 drubbing of the Redskins in 2007, and the only reason we left early was so we could go to Boston to catch the clinching game of the World Series that year at a bar. 

So I agree with the leaving early part, I sat through the horrendous loss to the Dolphins last year.  Every second of it.  I could understand if this was the Patriots of the early 90's, but this team has accomplished so much over the years you can't give up on them.  They proved that again Monday night.  With all that being said though, if the team is not playing well, the crowd will get a little restless.  The game was WAY closer than even the most pessimistic Patriot fan could've imagined.  I think we were all stunned.  If there were boos, they weren't aimed at Brady, I can assure you of that.  I'd say, more of an "encouragement" to get things going.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2009, 11:47:24 AM »

I was at the game as well in section 102. They were not booing the Pats...
There was a smattering of boos directed at the people who got up and left, but I would be interested to see if (similar to the situation in Indianapolis a few years back) if the TV broadcast is taking some creative license with the crowd noise.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »

"YOU LIE!"   rant

hihi

The minute Peyton tears an acl, and Sorgi's out there slingin' int's a-la Kevin Kolb, oh yeah, you'll be booin'!!!   yes

I can remember only one situation in my life where I may have booed my own team, and that was when Eric Dickerson was running his mouth about the local fans and said something shitty.  That deserved booing.  I'm still not sure I did.  But everyone else did.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #354 on: September 18, 2009, 02:24:13 PM »

"YOU LIE!"   rant

hihi

I can remember only one situation in my life where I may have booed my own team, and that was when Eric Dickerson was running his mouth about the local fans and said something shitty.  That deserved booing.  I'm still not sure I did.  But everyone else did.

Man, I loved Dickerson.  Nowadays he'd be pummeled running so upright...but he ran like a gazelle in his day.  By the time he was with Indy I don't think he was the same running back. Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2009, 03:41:14 PM »

"YOU LIE!"   rant

hihi

Man, I loved Dickerson.  Nowadays he'd be pummeled running so upright...but he ran like a gazelle in his day.  By the time he was with Indy I don't think he was the same running back. Sad

He had one very good season and then began a steady downhill progression.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2009, 04:59:34 PM »

Crazyness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoK_KGz1rHU

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »

Axl4Prez2004's Locks of the Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2-1 against the spread in Week One.

Week 2:
Steelers -3
Panthers +6
Saints -1 1/2

Enjoy the games!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2009, 05:19:05 PM »

How about the Jets spanking the pats!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »

Another 49er win, but next week is the real test.

2012 is like Christmas!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: