Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:28:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 202582 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2009, 09:46:40 PM »

Quit gambling thank GOd

So I will make no picks

too tempting

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2009, 09:58:56 PM »

Bal over KC

NO over Det(the saints are gonna kill them)

Sea over Stl
and
SD over Oak

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »

Bal over KC

NO over Det(the saints are gonna kill them)

Sea over Stl
and
SD over Oak

I don't know...you're giving up a lot of points in those games!  Baltimore's between a 9 and 13 point favorite.  Seattle 7 1/2 I think, SD 9 1/2 or 10 points.  That's a lot of points.

D, it's still fun to pick when you don't bet.  In fact, it's quite a learning opportunity.  I know you did way too much before...try for a year making your pix before the games, then chart your "virtual performance."  Factor in the 10% bookie's cut and you'll see, it's a sucker's game.  But it sure is fun to make predictions with the spread!

Okay, I'll throw in Jacksonville +7 as my 3rd lock. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:20:40 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2009, 10:16:30 PM »

There just picks for fun I'm not a betting man unless it pays.

2012 is like Christmas!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2009, 10:56:51 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I've made some big dollars and I've lost some big dollars but its an addiction I can't afford to get back into.

I use to have a game on my sports forum, where we would do pick the winners and we'd do it moneyline and I'd pick sometimes 10-13 right and u just think DAMN if I had laid 100 bucks on those 10 teams

It is an addiction and if I let my guard down, I will get back in deep and I can't.

Dallas will cover against TB though hihi

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2009, 04:44:15 AM »

Alright folks, here are your Week 1 Stone Cold Locks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vikings -3 1/2   The Browns are a mess...and the Vikes are really loaded.

Panthers +2 1/2   like Sandman mentioned, the Eagles are in trouble - Justice is horrible, and Westbrook's not Westbrook right now.  Starting mid linebacker out...yikes.  Plus the game's in Carolina.  Deangelo, Stewart, and Steve Smith, Julius Peppers...this is a no-brainer. 

*for entertainment purposes only.

(any other locks out there?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh)

The Eagles aren't in trouble. The Shawn Andrews thing pisses me off. He's incredibly talented, but he doesn't seem to have any heart or motivation. Everyone remembers Justice for that debacle against the Giants a couple years ago. He's got something to prove now. I don't expect a lot from him, but I do think he'll be decent. Besides, the Eagles have flexibility with their line, guys who can play more than one position. If it doesn't work, Stacy Andrews can move out to RT, and Nick Cole can take his place at RG, where he played pretty well last season.

The Panthers went 0-4 in the preseason and looked god-awful. They couldn't tackle anyone. Delhomme looks haunted from that Cardinals game last year. Beason is banged up. Their starting DT is out for the season. They have more problems than the Eagles do right now.

I'm worried about the DeAngelo/Stewart combo. Gaither is now the MLB and rookie Macho Harris is starting at FS. That also worries me. Still, the Eagles are a much more talented team than the Panthers. The Eagles might start out a bit slow in the 1st quarter, but I think they're gonna win by a comfortable margin.

Here Today . . .
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #326 on: September 13, 2009, 07:42:47 PM »

Yes!  Brett Favre won!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2009, 08:02:55 PM »

The 49ers won baby! Damn that was a good 4th qtr.

2012 is like Christmas!
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »

Panthers +2 1/2   like Sandman mentioned, the Eagles are in trouble - Justice is horrible, and Westbrook's not Westbrook right now.  Starting mid linebacker out...yikes.  Plus the game's in Carolina.  Deangelo, Stewart, and Steve Smith, Julius Peppers...this is a no-brainer. 

A no-brainer, huh?! LOL. The Eagles dismantled the Panthers. I said they'd win, and win comfortably, but I didn't think they'd win that impressively. My worries about the defense seem unfounded now.

That sucks about McNabb, though. They have a bye in week 4, so I imagine he'll sit out these next two games, then come back in week five. They'll probably lose this week to the Saints, but they can beat the Chiefs. It seems the Eagles' "faithful" have finally seen what I've seen all along, that Kevin Kolb is a back-up at best, certainly not the "future" of Philly. I imagine he'll suck it up next week, even against a less-than-mediocre Saints defense. Then Vick will probably start against KC, and suck it up as well. That will at least shut up the people who think Vick is the "answer." He's a good weapon, yes--- a good quarterback, no. Then McNab can come back and play without people calling for his backup every time he makes a bad pass.

Here Today . . .
sandman
Legend

« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »

A no-brainer, huh?! LOL. The Eagles dismantled the Panthers. I said they'd win, and win comfortably, but I didn't think they'd win that impressively. My worries about the defense seem unfounded now.

That sucks about McNabb, though. They have a bye in week 4, so I imagine he'll sit out these next two games, then come back in week five. They'll probably lose this week to the Saints, but they can beat the Chiefs. It seems the Eagles' "faithful" have finally seen what I've seen all along, that Kevin Kolb is a back-up at best, certainly not the "future" of Philly. I imagine he'll suck it up next week, even against a less-than-mediocre Saints defense. Then Vick will probably start against KC, and suck it up as well. That will at least shut up the people who think Vick is the "answer." He's a good weapon, yes--- a good quarterback, no. Then McNab can come back and play without people calling for his backup every time he makes a bad pass.

good call on the game. i didn't have a good feeling about that one.

i think mcnabb will play this week. if not, we'll finally see what Kolb can do. if mcnabb is out for more than a week, i don't think there's a chance in hell Vick plays. Kolb would have to give a Delomme like performance this week, and even then i think they would go with Feeley (assuming they sign him). Vick was a terrible QB and he's not prepared to even try right now.

i'm not taking too much from this game cause the panthers were in complete control until Delomme gave the game away. i do feel better about the eagles offense though - the O-line was decent. i'm not getting excited about the D just yet. we'll know a whole lot more after the Saints game. and we have either a hurting QB, or a young inexperienced one. the D has to step up and carry this team this week. they cannot let the saints come into philly and open the game up early.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2009, 07:48:55 PM »

Patriots are looking like they couldn't catch a beach ball going into the 2nd.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »

good call on the game. i didn't have a good feeling about that one.

i think mcnabb will play this week. if not, we'll finally see what Kolb can do. if mcnabb is out for more than a week, i don't think there's a chance in hell Vick plays. Kolb would have to give a Delomme like performance this week, and even then i think they would go with Feeley (assuming they sign him). Vick was a terrible QB and he's not prepared to even try right now.

i'm not taking too much from this game cause the panthers were in complete control until Delomme gave the game away. i do feel better about the eagles offense though - the O-line was decent. i'm not getting excited about the D just yet. we'll know a whole lot more after the Saints game. and we have either a hurting QB, or a young inexperienced one. the D has to step up and carry this team this week. they cannot let the saints come into philly and open the game up early.

He's baaaaack!  Jeff Garcia is signed by the Eagles today.  Good pickup.  Vick's not going to be ready...Kolb may never be ready, and like posted already, Donovan will likely return in Week 5 or 6.

Hey, I can admit my mistakes.  I blew the Eagles prediction...but I was 2 for 3 against the spread.  The Vikes and Jags both covered. 

A4P is 2-1 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2009, 10:17:33 PM »

2 for 3 will make u homeless though

Fuckin Bills and Bengals should be contracted after giving up those fuckin wins

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2009, 11:17:47 PM »

We all know Garcia can play...in fact he may be the best gay QB in the NFL! Too bad about McNabb...if that dude could just stay healthy they might actually win a super bowl.

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2009, 05:39:15 PM »

We all know Garcia can play...in fact he may be the best gay QB in the NFL! Too bad about McNabb...if that dude could just stay healthy they might actually win a super bowl.

1st, Garcia aint gay...his voice is a bit high, but the dude was bangin' Heather Kozar a few years back (no, not Bernie Kosar  hihi) google her, she's delicious.

McNabb...if anybody takes the hit he took, they're getting their rib busted.  It wasn't his fault. 

Hey D, if 66.7% correct with lines that over history give you a 50-50 shot makes ya homeless, people who bet are absolute morons. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #335 on: September 15, 2009, 05:49:25 PM »

dude u can pick 15 out of 16 games right and guess what? u LOSE your money
only way to hit on a parlay is to be perfect

one loser and your parlay is busted

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »

1st, Garcia aint gay...his voice is a bit high, but the dude was bangin' Heather Kozar a few years back (no, not Bernie Kosar  ) google her, she's delicious.

McNabb...if anybody takes the hit he took, they're getting their rib busted.  It wasn't his fault. 

It's Cool man the Garcia thing was a joke...I'm a 9er fan! As for McNabb...who cares whos fault it was...the guy can't stay healthy...you can't win a superbowl riding the pine my friend.

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #337 on: September 15, 2009, 08:08:16 PM »

That Pats/Bills game was an exciting game to be at for sure.  The Pats really had no right winning that game but they were given an opportunity and they took it.  Down 11 with 2:30 minutes to go, you just don't win faced with that scenario too often.  After they went down 11 I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom and many fans were headed to the exits and getting booed, I kind of got lumped into that.  I almost felt like I had to defend myself and assure everyone I was coming back.  Luckily it was a quick trip and I didn't miss anything important.  The crowd went nuts after the fumble on the kickoff and the 2 TD's to Watson.  A side story, I have a Ben Watson jersey that I've worn on gameday the last 3 seasons.  I had to defend him prior to and during the game since he's been a vast underachiever over the years and barely made the team this season.  It certainly paid off, at least for one night.  I was getting props from the people in our section, being the resident Ben Watson fan.  Good stuff.

As for the overall ramifications of the game.  It would've been a horrific loss for the Pats.  I was trying to rationalize and make excuses for it when it looked like that was likely going to happen, luckily they pulled it out because the excuses I came up with weren't all that strong.  It was a great comeback win.  And a win is a win in the NFL.  Obviously the game was a lot closer than I, or anyone expected.  I expected a blowout and more points to be scored.  The Pats offense gained a lot of yards through the air but they didn't have that same quick strike, big play offense like they had 2 seasons ago.  Brady took a little while to get going.  The last 2 scoring drives he was great, but prior to that he and they were inconsistent.  I guess that's to be expected after a year off, I forget sometimes that Tom Brady is indeed human.  It took Manning awhile to come back from his injury last year and Carson Palmer still isn't the same 3 years later, so I guess it'll be a work in progress.  Welker and Moss were the only reliable WR's, both catching 12 balls a piece.  And Watson caugt 6 balls, so it seemed Tom went to who he was most comfortable with.  The new guys in the offense didn't contribute much of anything (Joey Galloway).  Hopefully that will change soon.

The running game wasn't good, and that wasn't a surprise.  I don't expect many big games from the RB's, at least not early on in the season while the weather isn't a factor.  When the New England winter and cold weather hits they're gonna need to find a way to at least be respectable in that area.

I thought the defense played okay, and well at times.  I have huge questions about the defense so for me they met and possibly exceeded my expectations.  But that's not necessarily a good thing, because I didn't expect much at all from them.  Mayo went down early and didn't return.  That didn't help considering he's one of, if not THE best defensive player on the team.  The secondary actually played pretty well, holding TO and Lee Evans in check.  But the LB corps was victimized by screen passes to Fred Jackson time and again.  They didn't get consistent pressure on Edwards either, but they did get a few key sacks down the stretch when it mattered most.  So all in all, the defense remains a work in progress and will continue to for the remainder of the season.  I just hope they progress as the season moves along.  Hopefully the Mayo injury isn't too serious, and it doesn't sound like it is, though they've given very little information on it.  His loss for any amount of time would be difficult to overcome.

I was expecting to breeze through the regular season and win the AFC East handily, but now I've got to bring my expectations back a little bit.  The Jets looked real good in week 1 and the two teams meet this week in NY.  That could be a dogfight now.  They're playing with great confidence and they're gonna be convinced that they can take the Patriots down.  So we'll just have to see what happens.  Regardless, the regular season just took on a much greater importance.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2009, 12:17:47 AM »

Update on Jerod Mayo

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/09/mayo_has_sprain.html

Mayo has sprained MCL
Email|Link|Comments (0) Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff September 15, 2009 08:50 PM
According to two sources with direct knowledge of Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo's injury, Mayo sprained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee on Monday night against the Buffalo Bills.

One source said that Mayo was expected to be out 6 to 8 weeks with the Grade 3 MCL sprain, but the other source said that the timetable is "not that bad" and Mayo is expected to be back quicker than that.

Mayo suffered the injury following a 16-yard run by Buffalo running back Fred Jackson during the first quarter of the Patriots' 25-24 win over the Bills. That was only the sixth defensive play of the game for the Patriots, excluding plays nullified by penalties.

The second-year linebacker and 2008 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year was able to walk off the field under his own power and was examined on the sidelines before heading back to the locker room. He did not return.

Today Patriots coach Bill Belichick said the injury to Mayo, one of the team's two defensive captains, along with Vince Wilfork, and its defensive playcaller, was not considered season-ending.

"I don't think that is what it is," said Belichick.

Now, we know.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2009, 10:09:50 AM »

It's obvious that God is a Patriots fan. That's the only explanation for the countless lucky breaks that team has had over the last several years.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: