Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:21:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 202637 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #260 on: August 27, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »

i personally hate the guy for what he did.dog fighting and killing dogs.sure he served his time and ok.but i think it's a shame i have a dog,i saved from  dog fighting.she was abused with a rubber-band around her nose.this makes me sick an im glad i sa ved her life.what do you think of him on the eagles football team now ?

the one an only horsey !
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #261 on: August 27, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »

I support Michael Vick

I believe when someone makes a mistake and pays for that mistake they should be forgiven and given a second chance.

What he did was horrible, he has apologized and realizes it was horrible and he paid his debt.

When u grow up around something, u don't understand it is wrong cause everybody does it.

I am from Kentucky and people cockfight like crazy and growing up, I never saw anything wrong with it. Now I am older, I realize how shitty and cruel it is.

I like on blogs and other forums how people who champion themselves as "Christians" talk of how they will never forgive Vick............ haha typical

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2009, 09:19:03 AM »

the more i watch the eagles, the less confidence i have for the season. they are a mess right now.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »

ive been more of a phillies fan then football as of now.what a shame i do like football.

the one an only horsey !
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »

the more i watch the eagles, the less confidence i have for the season. they are a mess right now.

I wouldn't be worried. Maclin looks great and they are playing without Westbrook.

Remember, the Detroit Lions went 4-0 last year in Preseason. HAHA how did that turn out

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »

It's just preseason. As D said, the Lions went undefeated last year during the preseason--- nuff said.

Maclin's coming along faster than I thought he would. McCoy has looked great. McNabb and Jackson have hooked up for some beautiful passes. You have to remember that Westbrook hasn't played a single down. Almost the entire starting offensive line hasn't played during the preseason. The Eagles team you're going to see during the regular season isn't the team that's been playing during the preseason.

I'm not sure how the Vick experiment is going to work out. He looked good last night, but he did seem to throw off the rhythm of the rest of the team. Reid and the gang have several weeks to figure things out, though. I'm starting to worry about it, though. I don't like McNabb being off the field or lined up at WR.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:10:47 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »

I personally think Philly are using Vick as trade Bait

they want to bring him in, show the NFL he can still play and then ship him somewhere for another first round pick

it would be a brilliant strategy.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2009, 05:09:46 PM »

I personally think Philly are using Vick as trade Bait

they want to bring him in, show the NFL he can still play and then ship him somewhere for another first round pick

it would be a brilliant strategy.

Hmm, I don't know.  I still think the primary reason they brought him in is he was the best bargain (most talent for the least amount of cost) out there at the time.  His trade value could be a factor down the road, but honestly, I don't see teams interested in trading away a #1 draft pick for Vick.  He gives Philly a very talented backup behind a quarterback (who despite his Hall of Fame creds.  Wink) has a history of bad injuries.

If Minnesota had a larger fan-base like Philly, Vick would be wearing purple and gold.  Rosenfels could have guided us through a relatively easy 5 game stretch to start the season, hit the bye...then lost 2 games forcing the team into getting Vick into the role of starter halfway through the season.

Oh well...I'll take the ol' gunslinger for a couple years!!!   yes

btw, I'm with D on Vick and cockfighting as well.  I will never fight with my cock, I'll tell ya that much!   hihi
Hell, Vick was getting shit for having a mixed drink in an airport.  The man could donate his entire salary to the Humane Society and people would still hate him...yes D, LOTS of hypocritical "Christians" out there.  Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2009, 05:44:06 PM »

I kept thinking, IF this were Donte Stallworth drinking a vodka/pineapple, YEAH

but Vick didn't do anything wrong alcohol related.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »

Now your contradicting yourself D. So one can be forgiven and the other not by Christians?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2009, 06:22:57 PM »

Now your contradicting yourself D. So one can be forgiven and the other not by Christians?

What are u even talking about

I said if Donte Stallworth was seen drinking, then I could understand the outrage but Vick's crime had nothing to do with alcohol

I don't hold any ill will against Donte Stallworth. I think he would've hit and killed that guy regardless of whether he was drunk or not. I think the guy basically ran out in front of his car and he wouldn't have been able to stop regardless.

His sentence was very light though.

Im also not a Christian so I can choose whomever I want to forgive hihi

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #271 on: August 29, 2009, 09:46:58 AM »

What are u even talking about

I said if Donte Stallworth was seen drinking, then I could understand the outrage but Vick's crime had nothing to do with alcohol

I don't hold any ill will against Donte Stallworth. I think he would've hit and killed that guy regardless of whether he was drunk or not. I think the guy basically ran out in front of his car and he wouldn't have been able to stop regardless.

His sentence was very light though.

Im also not a Christian so I can choose whomever I want to forgive hihi

You first pointed how how Christians are supposedly not forgiving Vick for his transgressions. Then, you brought up Stallworth and it came across as if you were saying you could understand the outrage with what he did. It just make me want to ask since your wanting to slam Christianity so much. Shouldn't both be forgiven? Why would the outrage for one be okay and the other not? Yes, I agree that Stallworth's ignorance to drive and killing someone is a lot more worse that what Vick did to dogs. As you said, your not a Christian but you sit back anyways and you could understand if someone wants to forgive one over the other.

I personally want Vick to fail miserably. I could care less that he's done his time and now plays the charade of a different person. There are many athletes that would do anything to get a chance to play in the NFL but yet their to busy giving people like Vick a second chance. It's not his "right" to play in the NFL!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2009, 10:16:19 AM »

no no, u misunderstood what I was saying.

Vick got spotted drinking a Vodka and Pineapple in an airport lounge or whatever it is and people slammed Vick for drinking a Vodka and Pineapple Juice saying how he shouldn't be doing that

I said, I can't understand why people would slam Vick for having one drink in an airport lounge when what he did had nothing to do with alcohol.

that is why I said, if it were Donte Stallworth seen drinking after that accident, I could understand people being outraged over someone having one small drink.

Had nothing to do with forgiveness.

I never hold any grudge or ill will towards anybody cause I have fucked up big time in my life and I understand mistakes happen.

The Christian part was a shot at Christians because Christianity is all about forgiveness. So to bible thump and then say "I'll never forgive" mike vick is hypocritical and totally against what someone claims to believe.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:18:17 AM by D » Logged

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »

Think he ordered his V&P by asking for a little "hair o' the dog"?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #274 on: August 31, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »

He should have ordered a Greyhound (vodka and grapefruit) instead.  peace

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2009, 11:02:54 PM »

Favre looked good last night.  love
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2009, 12:10:05 AM »

Except for that cheapshot block he threw at Eugene Wilson.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2009, 09:46:09 AM »

Except for that cheapshot block he threw at Eugene Wilson.

You love the pussyfied NFL, don't you?

That's such a tough call.... The guy was running one way, not looking in where he was going, and Favre didn't go below the knees.... But there is so much potential for injury....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-08-31-nfl-tickets_N.htm?csp=34

This is baloney (and keep in mind, I'm a Giants fan and unlikely to be effected).

In this economy, the NFL should do SOMETHING to ensure local teams are on local TV.  I "get" the blackout rules in most years..they want fans buying tickets before they can watch from home.  And, IMHO, the NFL is the best "TV sport"...ie: their broadcasts do the best at conveying the "live" experience, especially in HD.

But...the league needs to keep in mind that people aren't staying home because they don't WANT to attend, and prefer to watch on TV.  People simply can't afford tickets.  I think NOT taking that into account is going to hurt the NFL.  They need to be somewhat mindful of the current economic climate. Baseball made concessions by lowering some ticket prices and offering some deals (all coordinated through MLB, but rolled out by the franchises, themselves) in order to bring in more fans.  And MLB doesn't have remotely as strict a blackout rule as NFL does.

Here's hoping they work something out....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2009, 12:51:21 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-08-31-nfl-tickets_N.htm?csp=34

This is baloney (and keep in mind, I'm a Giants fan and unlikely to be effected).

In this economy, the NFL should do SOMETHING to ensure local teams are on local TV.  I "get" the blackout rules in most years..they want fans buying tickets before they can watch from home.  And, IMHO, the NFL is the best "TV sport"...ie: their broadcasts do the best at conveying the "live" experience, especially in HD.

But...the league needs to keep in mind that people aren't staying home because they don't WANT to attend, and prefer to watch on TV.  People simply can't afford tickets.  I think NOT taking that into account is going to hurt the NFL.  They need to be somewhat mindful of the current economic climate. Baseball made concessions by lowering some ticket prices and offering some deals (all coordinated through MLB, but rolled out by the franchises, themselves) in order to bring in more fans.  And MLB doesn't have remotely as strict a blackout rule as NFL does.

Here's hoping they work something out....

Blackout rules were introduced in the 60s->70s, and thats where they should have stayed...

Alot has changed in the NFL since then... If a team cant sell out a game its their own problem(with some exclusions, i.e. this economy), by having a crappy team, advertising, etc... The NFL makes their money on advertising ON TV!! By not showing the games in the local markets, it hurts local advertisers, local businesses(bars, restaurants, etc...)

NFL is the only league that holds to these rules, but they should have been done away with way to long ago!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: