Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 202648 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #240 on: August 19, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »

Favre said he doesn't think his body could take a full season

if Minnesota start slow, look for Favre to join Minnesota week 6-8

I think he just doesn't want to go to training camp.

I think he will play. U don't have the surgery and do all that not to.

Scary

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »

BRETT FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2009, 10:44:20 PM »

I am excited as hell also

That damn NFL Sunday Ticket will damn sure be worth the money this season

Favre, Vick, every Cowboy game.

I love Directv

Rick Pitino should send Vick and Favre a Thank You Gift. hihi

Hey D, don't forget Big Ben too!  Pitino and Ben owe Vick and Favre Christmas cards this year.   hihi

...and yes Drew!  Holy shit I'm pumped!  The Viking flag is flying outside my front door.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2009, 08:34:33 PM »

...and yes Drew!  Holy shit I'm pumped!  The Viking flag is flying outside my front door.  yes

I'll definitely enjoy watching Brett with the Vikings this year.  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2009, 08:45:02 PM »

I'll definitely enjoy watching Brett with the Vikings this year.  ok

If anything, the guy is entertaining!  He throws spectacular touchdowns...and at times...interceptions into throwing into triple coverage!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »

I think this Favre experiment is going to end horribly. The Favre we saw at the end of the season last year is going to be the one playing for the Vikings this year. Superbowl aspirations? I'd be surprised if they even make it in as a wildcard.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2009, 07:19:05 PM »

I think this Favre experiment is going to end horribly. The Favre we saw at the end of the season last year is going to be the one playing for the Vikings this year. Superbowl aspirations? I'd be surprised if they even make it in as a wildcard.

Gilee, if only there existed a way I could bet you on that!   hihi
Easy money.  I just hope Childress has the balls, and Favre has the sense to sit out a game here or there if needed.  (yeah right, like that's gonna happen.  hihi)

Honestly, the Vikes will definitely be in the playoffs this year.  I like to think they'll be Super Bowl champs too...but I won't bet on that.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2009, 08:24:10 PM »

Oh Lord, u can't judge somebody on their first preseason game with no training camp. Did u see his passes? they had major ZIP and that was all I needed to see to realize this isnt the end of the season Bret.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2009, 02:14:58 AM »

Favre will be just fine the first half of the season.  It's the stretch run you have to worry about.  He's wilted like a dead flower the last 5 years or so down the stretch.  The man is not getting any younger.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #250 on: August 23, 2009, 04:59:48 AM »

I've never liked Favre to begin with, but I respect the guy. He's one of the best to ever play the position. However, for the last several years,  he's been bad more than he's been good. He should've stayed retired a couple years ago when the Packers lost in the NFC Championship game. Now he's running his legacy in the ground by trying to recapture glory, which will never happen. His back-and-forth, retiring-unretiring shit has made me lose a lot of respect for the guy. His arm is already messed up. How is he going to make it through an entire season? I don't see it happening. Plus the Bears and Packers have both improved. (I actually think the Packers will win the division this year.) I also question Favre's true motive.

I think Favre may start out well, like he did last year, but after a few weeks he'll start to fall apart. At this point in his career, I think the Vikings are probably better off starting Rosenfels instead, which is a sad thing to say.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #251 on: August 23, 2009, 05:49:56 AM »

The thought process is, Favre won't get over worked cause he can hand the ball off to Peterson and Chester Taylor. Minnesota have one of the best defenses in the league, so Favre won't have to carry the load like he did in the past.

U do realize Favre got GB to OT of the NFC title game 2 years ago right? So that is hardly wilting over the last 5 years.

The Jets were 8-3 and he blew out his bicep tendon which took the velocity off his pass. If he doesn't injure his arm, Jets are easily winning the division.

Sage Rosenfels is a career journeyman for a reason.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #252 on: August 23, 2009, 11:45:23 AM »

I can see where everybody's coming from.  One thing we can all agree on...it's going to be interesting as hell!!!

@Cleveland, @Detroit, home vs. San Fran, home vs. Green Bay on Monday Night Football, @ St. Louis.

Methinks the Vikes are 4-1 worst case scenario after 5 weeks.  Hopefully 5-0, because the next 3 game stretch:

home vs. Baltimore, @Pitt, @Green Bay...that will be tough going into the bye.

Honestly, I'm seeing the Vikes as 10-6.  Green Bay's schedule's a little softer...the schedules appear to be the same 14 games, except for the Vikes having the Panthers and Giants with the Packers drawing the Bucs and Cowboys.  That said, I do think the teams will split head to head.  Schedule advantage goes to the Pack.   Cry

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #253 on: August 23, 2009, 03:45:45 PM »

I'm gonna keep it OG and rock my GB #4 jersey and watch the Vikings games.

It feels sooooooooooooo weird
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #254 on: August 23, 2009, 07:24:03 PM »

So were the stories fake about Farve having a tear in his rotator cuff??  Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: August 23, 2009, 10:23:16 PM »

So were the stories fake about Farve having a tear in his rotator cuff??  Huh

Small tear that the DR said had been there a long time and shouldn't cause any problems.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2009, 10:27:19 PM »

I've never liked Favre to begin with, but I respect the guy. He's one of the best to ever play the position. However, for the last several years,  he's been bad more than he's been good. He should've stayed retired a couple years ago when the Packers lost in the NFC Championship game. Now he's running his legacy in the ground by trying to recapture glory, which will never happen. His back-and-forth, retiring-unretiring shit has made me lose a lot of respect for the guy. His arm is already messed up. How is he going to make it through an entire season? I don't see it happening. Plus the Bears and Packers have both improved. (I actually think the Packers will win the division this year.) I also question Favre's true motive.

I think Favre may start out well, like he did last year, but after a few weeks he'll start to fall apart. At this point in his career, I think the Vikings are probably better off starting Rosenfels instead, which is a sad thing to say.

I use to be the same with Lebron James though. Hated the guy due to the overexposure and media orgasm over him

Favre can't help that he draws ratings so is talked about ad nauseum on TV,Talk radio etc.

I am sure it is something he really wrestles with. the retiring.un-retiring..... I mean think of something u love more than anything. Imagine giving it up forever. I would guarantee it would be the most difficult thing to do especially when u can still do it.
If u are injured or just can't do it anymore, u can walk away, but being able to do it would make it so tough.

I try to ignore the media crush

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »

If the man wants to play football, and there are teams that want his services, he should play football for as long as he wants.

People should focus on the man's love for the game instead of the retiring/unretiring bit.
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »

People should focus on the man's love for the game instead of the retiring/unretiring bit.

I don't think there are many players that love the game more then Brett, but there just comes a point when it gets old. Not only does he retire, he tells Ed Werder he is certain his career is over and comes back again.

It wouldn't be the spectacle it is if the media didn't cover it so much, but they have an obligation to give the people what they want. Love or hate Brett Favre he brings a lot of publicity to the NFL and for them thats a good thing.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:54 PM »

I wish Brett would have done things a lot differently too regarding his retirement. I wish he would have not said anything or just said he was unsure and wasn't ready to make a decision either way. Than, if he wanted to he could continue to talk to teams that had interest in him or just be happy retired and living with his family in Mississippi.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: